Measuring in sats

>measuring in sats

what is sats?

A test that high schoolers take in some parts of the US to get into colleges.

sometimes I forget how lucky I am to be a healthy person.

Holy normies batman

>trades shitcoin/btc market
>value goes down in terms of btc but up in terms of usd
>thinks he is a winner

You are the one who is mentally challenged, my friend

you got to thank allah for that blessing

Like most people? You have to be lucky (not really) to be like this tard.

>muh hindsight
>muh if you make gains in one coin but get outperformed by one of the thousands of other coins then you lost money
>muh bitcoins crashing look how many sats my alts just made

>not knowing what sats are
refer to op pic

You trade a shitcoin/btc market, not shitcoin/usd. You made a loss in the market you traded, how is this hard to understand?

So which is it. What do you measure by?

SAT's of yours on xchange if you trade shitcoin for BTC then to usd correct?

Usd if you're trading shot coin straight to usd.

fuck you retard

>buy tardcoin from lone tardcoin dev
>be only bagholder
>BTC goes up 10%
>"Wow, tardcoin has gone up 10%, what a great buy!

Nu Veeky Forums doesn't know what a reserve currency is, and only wants to own any crypto so they can instantly sell it for fiat. All of you newfag centralised retards deserve everything you're going to get in this space.

You trade altcoins to get more sats

Every time btc pumps every altcoin loses value in sats, giving you a full-blown sales season to accummulate if you have a functioning brain

Most people who object this practice would have made more money holding bitcoin than trading anything else

>Gee, I didn't wake up retarded today and die!! What a wonderfull world

Commie/chink mentality

>he doesn't know what bitcoin is measured in

It’s quite cringey seeing you trying to justify the losses you made in the markets you trade instead of learning from them

If you are still trading looking at the usd and not using satoshis you are literally beyond hope and won't make any money in this market. Feels good not to be a retard

I love when these same brainlets reply

>b-but I only want to acumulate more BTC!!!

what are you holding?

are you all in xrp? ada? xlm?

>make 100 sats in a trade
>bitcoin crashes 40% against the USD
>muh sats

I swear this board is worse than /pol/ when it comes to newfriends.

You'd be down more if you held your shitcoin, since it's traded in BTC so it insta loses 40% of its USD value as well

>Opportunity cost is actually loss, even if you're overall fiat position has improved

so tired of seeing this shitoshi brainlet meme

You are aware of ETH markets, right?

I've said this in like a million other threads but these brainlets don't seem to realize you can trade in ETH and cash out with it as well. The amount of money in arbitrage because of this is great too.

I trade against ETH and try to sell my alts to accumulate more ETH too. BTC is a dinoshit coin and I can't trust it to keep going up (it won't).

Still, a fiat gain is a fiat gain. I personally try to accumulate ETH, but when people call it a "loss" because they didn't do as well as their trading, pair it's fucking retarded

I actually hope there is stop loss that can trigger alt->btc->usd in binance.

You would have earned more if you just holded BTC you retard, what's so hard about that

>ETH markets
>more than 1% of total volume
pick one (1)

Since BTC will go up forever it's stupid to value things in USD

>measuring in USD

I mean, I guess it makes sense since USD values are basically a crutch to mask your abysmal trading performance, but can you really lie to yourself forever?

Guess we can establish that there is alot of shitcoiner cope in this thread

Satoshis is a smaller denomination of BTC. Usually shitcoin prices are in the 0.0000XXXX price range, in BTC terms.

When you buy shitcoin Y at Satoshi price Z, and the price of BTC rises faster than the price of shitcoin Y, the "sats" value of the shitcoin goes down.

Meaning you would have had more profit just holding BTC and not gambling on a shitcoin. For some reason, the village idiots on this board are all trying to convince themselves that negative sats trades aren't bad. Don't fall for this stupidity.

>btc will go from 20k to 0 in 8 hours while you sleep without any signs to tell you when to jump ship
When ETH or whatever the fuck else becomes the most easily accessible crypto to normies and the base for 90% of crypto trading I'll start measuring in that. Until then I'll keep making 1-3% sat gains every single day while your chainlink bags continue bleeding out.

>trading in BTC markets instead of ETH markets

Confirmed brainlet

>muh hindsight
>muh if you make gains in one coin but get outperformed by one of the thousands of other coins then you lost money

>Measuring portfolio value relative to a highly volatile commodity that will literally lose 90% of its value in an inevitable market crash

Lmao satoshi-fags are fucking retarded

/thread

I want leddit to leave.

A few months back, this wasn't even up to discussion. And now that Veeky Forums is full of plebbittards everyone is like muh fiat.

Bitcoin is measured in USD since you can't trade a btc/btc pair you fucking brainlet.

The mental gymnastics that you fucking brainlets will go through to justify your "gains" is fucking laughable. On top of that, all these anti-btc faggots are people who LITERALLY found out about crypto THIS YEAR. There has never been a more credible proof of Dunning-Kruger than the faggots on this board.

>just keep gaining sats haha bitcoin will be 500 trillion each EOY!
>If you disagree with me y-you must be new!

This
Yes goyim. Sats are useless goyim
>Being this retarded
Why the fuck are you trading shitcoins then. That's the only reason...
Goyim..I
They are rare

>this
BTC growth is very closely related to total crypto market growth at this stage. When the total market cap doubles and your portfolio gains 20% in fiat you're doing something wrong. It's like buying stocks and getting a 2% gain in a year while the s&p 500 went up by 10%.

DING DING DING. Fuckin this

Who dis Chad?

We've been overrun by newfags, boyos.

>>muh if you make gains in one coin but get outperformed by one of the thousands of other coins then you lost money
When you spend bitcoin to invest in an alt, you're betting the alt will outperform bitcoin. When it doesn't, then yeah, you made a poor choice in the short term. No other way around it. It's okay user, bagholding is a rite of passage.

>Chad
DYEL brad at best

>he doesn't trade ETH pairs

are you 100% stupid? THis can be said by anything you DID NOT DO. If you buy AMD stock and it goes up 5%, then Nvidia goes up 10%, you have not "lost money"

The state of this fucking board some times...

>not caring that you would've made more money sticking with BTC than with shitty alts that you spent too much time researching
Stay in denial

Some of us realize a centralized "currency" shitcoin run by Jews that won't even be used as a currency because it's too highly valued won't be the leader of the actual blockchain revolution forever.

Enjoy normies being normies.

Wait until 2018

You would have earned more holding dgb because it 5xed in the last month. I guess dgb is oficially the new trading measurement

>lol why would anyone research the actual technology just buy bitcoin it will win forever despite having no future because reasons

You fucking retard I wasn't saying all alts are useless
I'm saying why on earth would you invest in a coin that's doing worse than BTC

So, I take it that you don't even know BTC is $19k today? You have no idea of the meteoric price rise because you haven't checked BTC prices in forever? You probably think it still costs $10 a BTC right? Because you never check the USD price.

Maybe some people are looking for good price points for protocol level alts?

We don't all have immediate time preference

>bitcoin is just another random coin
No user, bitcoin is bigger than every other coin combined. When you buy alts you're betting against bitcoin just like that other user said.
Index funds are for people who don't know shit about stocks but still want to make some money. Holding bitcoin is for people who don't know shit about crypto but still want to make money.
This is why the performance of traders is measured in by how much they beat the s&p 500 and the dow by, and crypto trader performance is measured by how they're doing relative to bitcoin.
If you're shit at stocks why would you start gambling individual stocks instead of going with the basic option for people who don't know what they're doing? If you're going to keep losing bitcoins why spend your bitcoins on alts and why not just go with the basic option?
The sooner you admit to yourself that you're a shit trader the sooner you can start making actual money.
>don't hold bitcoin right now because it will crash sometime in the future, and you have to hold a coin forever and can't adjust your strategy as the market changes

I made this copy paste for the retards in the enjin telegram

Why you should always look at satoshi value and not fiat value of an alt coin.

BTC = $10
ENJ = .5 BTC/$5
You have 10 ENJ = 5 BTC/$50

BTC triples in price
BTC = $30
ENJ = .5 BTC/$15
You have 10 ENJ = 5 BTC/$150

Enjin doubles in price
BTC = $30
ENJ = 1 BTC/$30
You have 10 ENJ = 10 BTC/$300

Enjin loses 3/4 of its value
BTC = $30
ENJ = .33 BTC/$10
You have 10 ENJ = 3.3 BTC/$117

While you may have made more than 2x your investment, you're down significantly in BTC.

I had bought 4200 ENJ at 470 satoshi (sats) on Nov 14, at this time that cost me $130 at 3 cents per coin. Today, ENJ is at 317 sats, losing me 2% of an entire bitcoin. However, due to bitcoins price increase, I am up 67% in USD off of this trade. Should I sell now, I will be down 2% of a bitcoin, which translates to over $320. So while this trade has yielded me $87, selling at the loss of sats will in essence, lose me $320 of what I actually invested into ENJ using BTC.

If you only look at fiat and attempt to buy low sell high with my situation, would be selling for $87 profit, and attempting to rebuy at a lower fiat price would yield you even less coins, as you had bought it at a much higher BTC price and sold much lower. Remember that coins are based off of BTC value, not fiat.

>This is why the performance of traders is measured in by how much they beat the s&p 500 and the dow by
Fuck I edited that too many times, guess it's time to stop staring at shitcoin charts and go to bed. Good luck to everyone with their shitcoin gambling endeavors

i'm not even a turbo-bizautist but i saw someone refer to sats as "bits" and it really triggered me

The cool thing about ""researching alts"" is I know the future of the fucking TECHNOLOGY and all you know are lol dude mad gainz.

I can tell you that bitcoin WILL fail, and that certain alts WILL succeed as the true leaders of the blockchain revolution.

So why would I risk gambling with bitcoin and hoping I timed the market perfectly for when the music stops when I could just grab low price points at the projects that are ACTUALLY INNOVATING?

Again, enjoy your shitgains and low time preference normiedom.

Alts will win 2018. Fuck you

>justify gains
My gains don't care about your butthurt, user. :^)

If I buy an altcoin with ETH, where exactly does Bitcoin factor into the equation?

>t. bought LINK at 10k sat
Yeah I guess you're too cool to care about timing and buying almost 7 times as many LINKs for the same amount of money makes sense

Personally I think that you can take ETH as a reference these days. It's growth is less steady but it's there.

Change BTC to ETH, change ETH into LTC, change LTC for every market you plan to nit pick this example with

Unless those gains are in BTC terms you don't have gains at all, brainlet.

Pic related, my SICK ETH GAINS. Went from 300 dollars to 600 dollars bro. MAD GAINS

Link is retarded

what did you buy the ETH with? also are you sure you want to miss out on every single coin that isn't traded in ETH or has abysmal trading volume on that pair?

The difference is the s&p500 doesn't start to wildly swing 15%+ randomly at any given moment so investors actually have a legitimate reasons for choosing index funds. People who hoard satoshis are basically doing an "all-in" on Bitcoin to say that it's going to keep going up and up. Some people may change their strategy when they feel like the bitcoin money train has gotten too ridiculous (I feel it's at that point now), but buttcoin maximalists are plentiful who think the king of shitcoins is going to be a bazillion dollars some time soon. If Bitcoin crashes tomorrow, everyone that already measured and cashed out by their fiat (instead of just accumulating satoshis forever) would be ahead of all the sat holders.

tl;dr satoshi hoarding should only be done if you believe the price will continue to rise. I don't.

Literally EVERY coin will go up if BTC doubles in marketcap, unless of course you bought the bottom of the barrel pajeet scam coin.

>muh sats don't matter

Sorry I didn't know Veeky Forums was now a tumblr safespace for mouthbreathers.

If you lose half your sats in one month you didn't enter at a good price point, if anything, you most likely bought at the ATH.

I use sats for very small prices and USD for higher prices. Like, anything below 1 cent, I just say 100 sats. Obviously I won't measure a $30 coin in sats because that's stupid.

This implies that you trade AMD directly against NVDA, which you don’t. How stupid of a cunt are you?

>muh volatility
Why are you in crypto again?
>all in on bitcoin
Only 30% of my portfolio is bitcoin. The point is to never buy something you think is going to decrease in sat value, and if you think the coin you're holding is going down in bitcoin value sell so you can buy more of the same coin at a lower price. It's about accumulating crypto and satoshis are the best way to measure across the board since everything is traded against it.
>buttcoin maximalists
You're making a false equivalence here
>If Bitcoin crashes tomorrow
If bitcoin crashes tomorrow but alts still have the same fiat value it would be a huge gain for me in satoshis. I would then evaluate and see how likely a bitcoin/usd rebound is and if there's going to be one from where to where, and sell my alts for bitcoin accordingly. If it was going down the shitter for good I would switch to measuring in whatever replaces bitcoin.
If this doesn't make sense to you please get out of crypto.

I do, but I thought that was too advanced to bring up to a brainlet like you.

>muh volatility
Nope, didn't say that - and I never said it means you shouldn't be in crypto. You compared it to the s&p500 and I was showing you how it isn't the same.

>You're making a false equivalence here
Never called you a bitcoin maximalist. You implied in this post that you would change your holding strategy should you feel the need. You are kidding yourself if you don't think there are bitcoin maximalists on this board.

>If this doesn't make sense to you please get out of crypto.
I trade in ETH pairs and I accumulate ETH - I don't believe in the dated technology behind bitcoin and I don't believe it has a future in crypto, so I don't accumulate it. It makes perfect sense to me, just not for sats.

>muh sats
>muh bitcoin

>I trade in ETH pairs and I accumulate ETH
Whatever works for you user. I don't believe in bitcoin for the long term either, it's just easier to measure how many sats I have than keep track of how I've increased the amount of every single shitcoin I'm holding. So instead of saying "I had x ark, sold it for x.xxx bitcoin, bought x.xx monero, sold it for x.xx eth, sold that for x.zzz bitcoin and bought 1.3*x ark with it" and so forth I just say "the value of my portfolio increased by xxx sats". I do pay attention to the usd price of my folio as well, but I care less about it than sat value at this point because of the volatility. Bitcoin will have to die at some point but we're still far from that point and it will continue gaining for a long enough time for me not to change strategies.
The reason I haven't switched to ETH yet is that a lot of coins don't have ETH pairs or if they do they have shit volume and often suboptimal prices.