client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificfingerfood.wordpress.com/2014/05/04/how-fast-would-you-have-to-approach-a-red-traffic-light-in-order-to-see-it-as-green-whiteboard-sketch-2/
wolframalpha.com/
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw-8_w1HbxgQN1JDZ3FCNkdNYkE/view
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The builds are in a CherryTree file which is easy to convert into this .pdf.

Anything under Mass Effect hasn't been put in the place yet and the builds are pretty short of fluff/details.

Order is also a bit subject to change.

The Imaginos body, from Gunm. It's very expensive, but has utterly insane raw physical power and is constantly evolving to improve itself. Alita, the only canon Imaginos, is fast enough that when she runs the things in front of her blueshift and the things behind her redshift. I'm too lazy to do the math on how fast you'd have to be to experience that, but I know it's a considerable fraction of the speed of light. She's also durable enough to withstand impacts at that speed, and the two combined means she can strike with insane force. Lifting strength isn't so great, though, just because she's still mostly subject to leverage. Still pretty high, just not as impressive as the speed.

On Super Speed with Arrowverse. I've ruled you can do anything that's shown in the show. Outside of the Jump, time-space timey-wimey stuff is more concrete so you're not going to be travelling like Flash does through time. I might relax the restriction after seeing the Season 2 final episodes.

Zoom can literally be in two places at once because he can travel back in time and get a "younger" version of himself from a different timeline. Something that causes Speedforce to be very angry at him. So they send Speed Wraiths which are like the Speedforce Cops. They leave Barry alone for most part because Speed Force likes him. However he did attract one when he ran back in time to pick Reverse Flash's (Harrison Wells) brain on how to get fast.

Is this the robot imaginos or the one you can apparantly get without being a robot?
I got a little confused trying to figure how that worked out from the jumpdoc.

She's the robot version. But the injected nanomachines version can reach that level, it just doesn't start out at it. So you'll have to train for it.

Your butler is quite impressive.
No writefagging tho?

So are the "speed wraiths" the Arrowverse version of the Black Flash?

>I'm too lazy to do the math on how fast you'd have to be to experience that, but I know it's a considerable fraction of the speed of light.

We can get a rough idea.

>I'm too lazy to do the math on how fast you'd have to be to experience that, but I know it's a considerable fraction of the speed of light.
No it's really not, to make a red light appear green when you pass it you would only have to be going around 50kmps(30mps), about mach 147, or around .00016 the speed of light. And that's not just the point where it's noticeable, that's a full 100nm change in the observed wavelength.

Source, I googled it and found where someone had done the math on such a question
scientificfingerfood.wordpress.com/2014/05/04/how-fast-would-you-have-to-approach-a-red-traffic-light-in-order-to-see-it-as-green-whiteboard-sketch-2/

Yeah. They're their to basically catch people who fuck up the timeline too much. They're nigh invulnerable. Only thing that's shown to kill them was soundwaves at a certain frequency.

this should help with math
wolframalpha.com/

Your source is using a decimal point as a seperator for thousands, so it's 30,000 miles per hour, not 30.

And I fucked it up myself. Per second, not hour.

is this a new chain or a secondary chain? It's only 74 pages long. And I know you've been here for a while.

On the subject of GUNNM, if I'm a science oriented jumper what shenanigans can I get into with Karmatron Dynamics?

>But the injected nanomachines
>2250 CP

Goddamn. How survivable are the drawbacks? I mean, holy shit.

Being willing to go along with nonsense was pretty much the main thing I wanted from a companion and an Alfred-like companion is pretty much perfect for that.

Then I made him black and snippy like Geoffrey out of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air because I thought that would be funny.

He got more and more rough round the edges as time went on and ended up looking a bit like Tosh out of Starcraft.

I started several bits of writefagging but have a tendency towards scrapping stuff.

There were several earlier chains, mostly due to me playing with different numbers of companions. This one is reasonably similar to what the first one would have ended up as if I hadn't scrapped it.

Can the nanomachines eventually reach the level of the Imaginos v1/Berserker body?

You have your math wrong. My desire to be right on the internet is sufficient to overcome my laziness, so here we go.

f=fo(v+vr)/(v+vs)

Where f is received frequency, fo is the emitted frequency, v is speed of wave through medium (light goes a bit slower through air, but not enough, call it just c), vr is speed of receiver relative to medium, and vs is speed of emitter relative to medium (stationary, so 0).

So if f is 600 THz (blue) and fo is 480 THz (a muddled orange standing in for the brown corridors), then we get a velocity of 112500000 m/s, or about 0.375c. So nearly a fourth of the speed of light.

what is supergirl like in superman tas? Is she at least likable? Im getting her as a companion so I was just wondering

Why the fuck would you get someone as a Companion when you literally know nothing about them?

My regular conpanions decided to take a vacation and I need someone to watch my back?

Companions=sex slaves

Yeah, she's pretty nice. She's got the impulsiveness of youth, fueled somewhat by actually being as invulnerable as most teenagers just think they are, but she's a good person at her core. Wants to do good, live up to the example her cousin set, and someday become a hero in her own right.

A 10 year vacation? Man your companions must be really overworked.

Renegade Jump # 4 Light of Terra (Maximum Drawbacks, no Allies) Pt 2
Deadlights: Broken

Planet
* Atmosphere: Standard (-2TP)
* Terrain: Iceball (0 TP)
* Flora & Fauna: Unpleasant (+2 Tp)
*Special Resources: The Vandean Coast (-1 TP)
*Natives: Hostile (+3 TP)
Skills and abilities
*Literacy Program (300)
*Civilian Infrastructure (100)
*Military Modernization (300)
*Defensive Tactics (300)

Journal Entry # 3767
She’s gone… she’s really gone. Hooligan Tuesday ... passed on. It was horrible. A scene I never want to think of again. then some weird girl attacked me. I accidently knocked her back and she bumped her head. I was so terrified that I killed her that I was happy when she bounced back up but now she won’t leave me alone. I miss Hooligan. I hate this planet, this universe.

Journal Entry # 3775
Well it looks like this may be my last entry. A huge army is coming, Horrors that make me want to cry just looking at them. Our defenses can’t hold against that many and strong an enemy. I’ll do what I can but things are looking grim. It’s been a wild ride, I wasn’t ready for it to end so soon but I guess things were just stacked against me in the end.

Journal Entry # 3776
I still can’t believe I am alive and that we pulled that off. I managed to turn the leaders against one another. It was a hard battle, insane. We lost so many people but somehow we lived. After they lost their leaders they seemed to become disorganized, I threw out just about every spell I had that would affect more than one person. Illusions, Ice storms, Fire balls. By the end I was very tired thankfully Reginald like always was by my side. He caught the Deamons that would teleport in close and helped with the hurling of the magical death. Honestly sometimes I think maybe he would have been a better jumper than me.

Everyone needs a break now and again, they could come back early I guess but I had to take nemesis drawback.

Besides my youngest companion could use a friend who wont explode when she plays with them.

Why would they explode when playing with your youngest companion?

Well, the nano-side of things is well shown in the manga - crazy nanotech, to a degree that would make Senator Armstrong look like one of those beltway pansies. Mercury was grey goo'd by runaway non-KD nanotech. Alita has flash-forged weapons and entire superandroid bodies. Desty regularly returns from the grave.

On the higher order/abstract side, things are less explored in the manga, but it would basically be something similar to Psychohistory - scientific analysis and extrapolation of social dynamics or "karma" to the extent you can predict and shape the future.

One thing to note is that it doesn't include ALL the crazy tech in the manga - KD is a very big deal that has major consequences for the solar system, but orbital elevators, precognitive hypercomputers, psuedo-dyson-sphere tech and the quantum consciousness device aren't a part of it.

Shes a magic spear. I put over 300 jumps worth of enchanting, smithing, magic, and tech into creating her. She has a human body too but shes honestly quite scary.

Are there any perks that make you aware of the fourth wall? Stuff like knowing what the boxes in comics say or in which direction the camera is

Is taking the Karmatron Dynamics injection with the Cybernetic Rejection drawback pretty much just suicide?

Hyperdimension Neptunia lets you fool with the fourth wall without people freaking out, but how much that actually does is somewhat up to you.
After all the fourth wall only exists as much as you let it.
You're going to the "real" version of jumps. There isn't actually a camera or anything most of the time.

Still very nice for telling people to press the X button to double jump without looking crazy.

If we get a deadpool jump I would like a 4th wall perk.

>Mir
Holy shit, dude. How the fuck have you been? It's good to see you.

How the fuck does the fourth wall work here?

>You're going to the "real" version of jumps. There isn't actually a camera or anything most of the time.
So what if we get something Suda51? Will everyone just know what you are and bring it up at random in conversations?

Jumper talks to himself via his imagination while jumper knows he is imaginary.

That would imply there's a fourth wall to break.
If you just want to be the Deadpool I think Marvel has drawbacks for that. Just keep them after the jump is over if you want to be his brand of crazy.

Beats me user. I have no fucking clue.

Well narrativism is cannon in loads of jumps, right? So the fourth wall can be interpreted as both the current focal point of the narrative and the structure that it takes, I guess.

Captain SNES has a whole background for that.
I wouldn't recommend it, but it's there.

The background or..?

Just so you know, this thread has steadily grown in wankery and entitlement to the point where people can unironically say that they pimp-slapped the Spectre and where one user's distaste for a single drawback can prevent a jump from getting on the drive. Just so you know what you're stepping into.

Yes. The jump itself is very good.
It's just that being aware that you aren't real is kind of a downer you know?

Now these are some impressive blatant lies.

I keep saying that we should move to SB for exactly this reason.

Alright, he's posting and it's late so I'm just gonna call it a night.

G'night /jc/, if I get a golden ticket I'll hook some of you up on the flip side.

But MUH anonymous Imageboard culture!
desu, I'm not against the idea of moving in general. Just not to SB. There be faggots.

Good night, kind user. I will also help with starting your own chain if I get to jump first and survive.

are there any jumps that offer anti-magic or a way to pump up magic resistance? I don't really do magic but It's a weakness and as a jumper, i can't have that, also where can I get a perk so I no longer need to breathe?

I'm good, thanks. Got burnt out on Jumpchaining, and exhaustingly busy IRL. Probably won't be around much still, but thought I'd jump in on the speciality question.

In the interests of enabling suffering, I'd say it'd be akin to a horrific and life-threatening degenerative condition, but not immediately fatal - no cure, but potentially survivable.

Mind you, that would still be something like malignant robocancer that evolves defences against treatment (such as killing the doctors with disintegration nano) and might turn your body into a monster like Zapan or Noelle from Worm.

Ten years of your body trying to reject nanomachine corruption, feeling it creep into your brain and lay red-hot paths of tarnished silver through your mind, overriding natural sensations with grainy digital input, slowly archiving the totality of your self as it consumes and converts it into a robust crystalline storage medium...

Both Dresden Files and Negima have good anti-magic stuff, and the Nanoha jump has the Saint King bloodline, which grants a rainbow magic aura, complete control of your magic, and an innate resistance to magic. Though jumping Nanoha means you're getting magic, albeit magic that usually comes in the form of Fuck Off beams.

Mario, DC, the new Superman jump, or generic universal monsters have no need to breath perks.

Magic resistance/immunity can be gained in SMT with the right race choice, Negimia, and Dresdin Files.
You can also build up a ton of spell resistance in D&D with some racial choices and Epic Magic.

I get that. You do things until you don't do them anymore. All the same, I loves me your jumps so thanks for making them. Even if Lord of Light still confuses me.

Dresden Files, Mahou Sensei Negima, Overlord, Elder Scrolls jumps have enchantments that decrease certain types of damage by a set percentage, Libriomancer

Generic Magical girl has one.

What would Knight of Honor EX do?

>G'night /jc/, if I get a golden ticket I'll hook some of you up on the flip side.
Thanks for reminding me I want a Wonka jump.

Very minor update to Terminator jump.
The T800 companion now costs 600 instead of 800 and also comes with Terminator Background and 600cp to spend.
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw-8_w1HbxgQN1JDZ3FCNkdNYkE/view

Make it and I'll love you. Don't and I'll call you a schnozberry but otherwise be neutral.

Good night to you too user, I'll do the same if I get the chance.

Joke's on you! My brain's being stored over at Tiphares.

Also, since the pain isn't explicitly part of the drawback, I assume it could be resisted with willpower and pain immunity perks... while still of course having to deal with the difficulty and horror inherent to the mutated cyberflesh?

This is gonna suck.

How many zany scheme perks do you think one would need in order to get a Terminator elected governor?

Not many. After all, meme magic elected a president.

and it's great, because it scales with your magic power level. So, with it, all of those Valka and Thousand Master type perks, boost your ability to negate magic as well

Just convince him that he will find John Connor more easily if he has goverment resources

So long as you prevent Genysis it's completely worth it.

Anima has one that scales with the power of your soul. And it works and ki and psionics, too.

Can we get a teamaking perk?

Mushoku Tensei has an eye power that lets you negate all magic around you.

If you had to make a jump the mandatory beginning jump, which would you choose?

Light of Terra.

Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs.

Dragon Ball Z. Go big or go home.

Tactics Advanced.

Does your brain in Existential Angst retain perks that would apply to it? For that matter, does your biochip?

You know what I've always wanted someone to do with that drawback? To take it with enough jumps under their belt that being reduced to a brain isn't actually enough to stop them.

So, like, your body with the chip implanted in it is going on a quest to find your brain and undergoing a whole big identity crisis, asking themselves who they are and wondering if they're "real" or not. Then, they finally get to the brain facility and find it's been torn apart by a terrifying, twisted cybernetic kaiju. Everyone's scared shitless except for "chip" jumper who just looks at it, accompanied by a two-page spread that gives a clear view of the monster, and says
>That's... The REAL jumper
And it's all symbolic and shit because the one who looks like a normal person thinks the twisted mockery of flesh is more "human" then they are.

A stupidly long jump by the babylon guy

Generic Hentai Jump

Your biggest hurdles would be proving that the Terminator was built/born in the US and getting him to make a nonthreatening smile.

>teamaking perk
I'm assuming that you want a perk for building teams and not for making tea?
"I'd die for user" and "One man taught us" kinda cover that already.

Disney.
Everyone needs to be a Princess at least once.
Yes, even the dudes.
Especially the dudes

I really think Infamous works really well for that.
It's self contained, has things to get you started, and doesn't require you to sign onto a theme before you get your feet wet. No need to use OOC to do anything in that jump so it just fits.

>I'm assuming that you want a perk for building teams and not for making tea?

Not him, but I see you weren't here for our latest meme.

That jump the shitposter has promised he's been working on that he won't say which IP its for.

tea has been maymayed into omnipotence lately.

Hero BBS

Hero BBS. Gotta get dat multiversal shit-posting, son.

I constantly skim the threads and even post as user sometimes, but I do not-..Oh wait. I remember now. I just barely pay attention whenever "omnipotence" is brought up.

Sorry for being slow and unfunny.

Youtube.
Nothing's stopping you from doing that in real life apart from your lack of talent.

There is nothing wrong with ignoring omnipotence posters and omnipotence posting. You're good Robo.

Suggsverse.

Ghostbusters.

Don't worry about it. It's just a joke that got far out of hand.

CoC

Lord of Light still confuses me as well.

I had a hard time deciding how I wanted "divinity" to be represented, so I chose in the end to present it in way similar to the book and let the reader interpret things themself. The lengthy quote from Yama is there specifically for that reason, though actually reading the book is probably the best way of getting a feel for it.

Perhaps not the best way to justify spending points on the ineffable when you could buy atomic firewands and cyanide shields instead, but I wouldn't have been satisfied putting it into coldly stated bonuses.

Pain is just your disgusting biological weakness leaving the body.

At any rate, proper body horror is less about simple agony, and more about the psychic rasp of a broken self-image.

I don't necessarily enjoy encouraging people to suffer, but I... well, I do enjoy it!

Interesting question.

Perhaps the neatest way to go about it would be, that it would retain the *effects* of any perks that altered/improved your brain's structure and function (such as fearlessness, lack of mental defect, etc)... but not things like "has an infinitely fractal multitasking" or other things that their technology couldn't replicate and a biologically plausible-ish brain couldn't do on its own.

The perks wouldn't be "actively sustained" because it's a copy of the real Jumper doing all the adventuring.

>I had a hard time deciding how I wanted "divinity" to be represented, so I chose in the end to present it in way similar to the book and let the reader interpret things themself.
That actually clears up a lot. Thanks!

MoR.

MLP

Alright, thanks.