1d4Chan page:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Kulmorost_Divided

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html
1d4chan.org/index.php?title=Kulmorost_Divided&oldid=388160
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Kulmorost Divided
youtube.com/watch?v=HpQmFfdYFzY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don'r forget to vote for the thread on suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html !

Last post of the previous thread.

I thought this was the Verusa continent from Strangereal for a second.

Yeah I can understand why.

Do we decided were Eel-kuns live? I'll go pick some geographical book to name the place between Lesia andEverliving. They have to live South/west of Lesia

A guy wrote most of the Lesian tribe starting from here (he forgot the map in the first post)
So the Eel-kuns live in the waters where the Lexxa clan is.

>Valkenburg
Dwarven town on the The Gold Vein between COL and UR, VALK is known for its universities specializing in elven studies and their large printing presses trough which majority of translated elvish material is printed.
A place of ancient history: VALK is built on old Human ruins (Valkenburg was its Haumic name which even today still sometimes pops up) and was one of the first cities razed by the Dwarf-Elf Alliance: the stones of Castle Valkenburg were later used in building the Citadel of NOS.

Nowadays, VALK is in the gripes of a particularly strict part of the orthodox Cult of the Maker. They are often using the printing presses to publish material opposing the goblinoid and UAC dwarves who neighbor the western elven principalities. Rumors about the Cult influencing the the lectures at the University are nonsense.

Totally not the dwarven Ministry of Truth

Here are a burst of world-building questions that some of you might like to answer:

>How do different societies handle death sentences?
>How do different societies enjoy food and water? Which foods do they commonly eat, and which are delicacies?
>How do different societies incorporate fauna into their beliefs and customs?
>Do different societies have a "banlist" for particular spells, and how do they enforce this list?
>How do the fauna of the world interact with each other? Are Sky Whales friendly towards The Eye Of Storm Ocean, or is there a continuous war between sky and sea?
>What are the most prominent celebrities among different societies? How did they get and stay famous?
>What propaganda is spread in different cultures, and for what reasons?

Humans - no time to cry, there far more death here to care about his life
Dwarves - For the good of the realm!
Elfs - probably disagree
Orcs- ogaa, booga!
Gnomes - depends on propaganda their leaders spread

>How do different societies enjoy food and water? Which foods do they commonly eat, and which are delicacies?

Humans have three primary sources of food in all parts of Northern Wastes: wheat bread, elk meat and fish, they don't have privilage to eat it fancy, but preparing it with salt is the most common way to keep it edible for a long time. Red berries that grow all around the North is used as main supplement to main dish and in abundance is turned into weak alcohol beverage.

Clans on South, West and those on banks of Stern river are heavily trading with each other creating more broad cuisine, but also more prized: whale meat and fat, Woolen Rhino milk and cheese, stolen Elvish food and extreme delicates of lemons, especially lemon cakes

Dwarven Unions share a set of laws established by a previous high king.
They generaly avoid death sentences except for the most severe crimes such as murder, treason or very severe fraud (especially toward the city).
Justice is often more expeditive for the lowest classes living in the slums.
The Cult of the Maker has a an independant religious tribunal in all cities where the Cult is very influencal, ecclesiastic judges tend to be more severe and the bones of those executed by this tribunal are burned to ash.

Obviously, this kind of execution is also used, when it's for the good of the realm.

I don't think all Orcs are that primitive, maybe the Blood Orcs and the Sand Nomad Tribes but probably not the Ybron Queendom, the Drunder Tribe and maybe even the Ghash Clan.

For lesser crimes, most Dwarven cities tend to prefer fines over incarceration.
Status and wealth is very factor when one is judged or testify.
Nobles are generaly judged by their king and kings are judged by the overking.
Senators are generaly expected to resign if they are accused of a severe crime.

*a very important factor

Am I the only one remembering something about Elves fleshwarping their criminals into furniture ? sometimes for centuries or even virtually forever ?

Could we add this to 1d4chan?

I can work out the answers to these for the Lesians when my fiancee heads home.

>Not being a proud virgin.

>How do different societies handle death sentences
Since humans are tribal every tribe/clan has their own laws everyone must follow. For some stealing food is counted as enough for death sentence, for other murder of fellow clansmen. In most places leader of the clan and his advisors serve as judge, jury and finally executioners. But Southern, more wealthy, clans with more population have "Keeper of the Law" appointed by ruling chieftain that fulfills all judicial roles chieftain has in smaller clans. Of course chieftain always has voice in cases when execution is punishment and can override Keepers decisions on any lower crimes

Problems arise when person of one clan commits crime in another city, then depending on relative powers of each clan his clansmen can press for him to be judged under their law, which most of the times results in lesser or no punishment at all

"In Elvish society, misuse of magic is punished by deanimising; a provess wherin the unlucky mage is transformed into a usually stationary piece of architecture or device, to pay back their debt to society through use. They are usually conscious (in a sense) during this process, and re-offending rates are extremely low.

It is rumoured that some elvish kings have the foundations of their palaces formed of the most hardened of criminals, those for whom their crimes are so great that they will never be changed back."

yeah, I remember something about that as well.
As for Gnomes they don't have many death sentences (they always seek rehabilitation above punishment, seeing as they need all available gnomes for the end war).They do happen, but you'd need to do something pretty awful to be given one (multiple murders, betraying your fellow Gnomes multiple times, that sort of thing). When a death sentence is meted out the exact method is also dependant on the crime. The worse the crime the more time the method will take and the more painful it will be.

Crimes that only just qualify for the death sentence might earn a beheading or a hanging whilst a truly awful crime will earn the perpetrator a solid week of physical/mental torture which leads to their inevitable demise. All death sentences are carried out in the open where they can be seen by the masses, though in more extreme executions they are only brought out for the torture, not left on the gallows after a days finger nail removal.

and to add some of them

Of the West:
1.If one is found guilty of theft shall compensate three times more toward the victim
1.1 if they stole variety of fish live no more than hundred meters from coast they have to bring ten times as much as they stole in time no longer than two week
1.2 if they stole parts of the fish, frogs or whales hunted in open ocean, they shall go on at least three hunting trips into Storm
1.3 If the guilty refuses to serve they shall lose their left hand and will be forced to compensate

2. He who shall force himself on unwed woman shall be forced to marry her, that is if there are no contenders on her hand, than he will be punished as she was already married
2.1 In case woman was already married the accused will cast out from clan and shall never return
2.2 Should the accused be outside of the clan he shall suffer 30 whips and compensate to victim or her husband according to law on theft

3. Assault is punished with ten whips, repeated offenses add five each time
3.1 Fight punishes everyone who took part in it

4. Rebellion against chieftain is punished by death

5. Following any god but Valkery and/or publicly speaking out against goddess will be punished by stripping and casting victim out during cold times or execution by chieftain during warm times

l have sent word of what has transpired to the Great Cathedral and l write this now so that if l am to fall my sons and the realm of man will know what is to come

Word of the southern races passing through troll territory was nothing new to me, though l thought it strange a Dwarven force was to invade this close to winter. l prepared as l had in the past for a magical invasion, l called for Knights from the cathedral and promised silver and food to what pirates and fighting men from the tribes would join me.

As l patrolled the land around our keep with my Eldest son we stumbled upon a small band of Elves, what spells and arrows they could muster fell uselessly upon the silver in my armor and shield. As the majority of the group fled, l yelled to my son to take the horse and cut of the runners, three Elves charged, wooden clubs in hand . l took the hand of the first just below the elbow and he fell screaming (as Elves like to do). The second scored a lucky blow to my helm and my ears rang as l opened his belly. The third was young and after witnessing this just stood motionless, he eyed my sword, the runes now glowing hot and red, his eyes fixed upon it as l took his head from his neck.

It had become clear when l approached the remaining group that it this was not a war party, these were Elvish woman, children and newborn babes. l have had dealings with Elves in the past and l know not all of them to be complete cunt. Had it been another tribe or a winged knight to find them they might not have been so lucky.

l gave them permission to set up a camp on some land nearby, l would be cautious as to not lead them back to the keep.

My Elvish isn't what it used to be and when l asked what they had been running from all l could make out was "the black.... the black...."

>cont

Surprisingly, an option for a Gnome that has killed a Gnome is joining their Military. Although they will can not become officers, this produces soldiers who already know bloodshed.

Lesians
Lesians tend to be a little trigger happy with death sentences, as their population booms easily and because of their belief in reincarnation. It is believed that whether or not you were guilty, Kallasaak with handle you with true justice upon your death, and you will be lesser for a crime in the next life, but if you died innocent, you will be more than you were before. Those who are accused for the most heinous of crimes, where there is no doubt in anybody's mind that they are guilty, are burnt, as this prevents their heart from being eaten, and their soul is forever destroyed, and they will not return to this world. Normal executions usually involve pitting the criminals against each other in gladiatorial combat. Those who survive long enough are given the chance to redeem themselves in war, and if they survive a battlefield, the suns rays have favoured them, and they are deemed worthy of rejoining society.

(cont)

Lesians typically hunt for food in the vast jungles and savanna's of Lesia, or they keep herds of animals. They commonly eat the food of birds and other reptiles, and mammals are a rare treat. They hunt huge amounts of food every year and use their affinity with natural magics to keep them fresh in great underground storerooms, grown from enormous seed pods. Lesians can go for a while without water, longer than the other races, but they have a special reverence for it in their beliefs, as they believe it is the blood of Erreko. They think that other races creating other liquids from fruits and crops is heretical and insulting to the divine liquid that is water. A rare delicacy in Lesian culture when it comes to food, is the flesh of sentients. Often enjoyed by Lesian soldiers in war, this is otherwise a treat only the most prestigious of Lesians can enjoy. The flesh of an elf, human or an orc, raw, served with nuts and berries embedded in the meat, often with bone marrow circling the meal.

The Lesian prophet Rionus spoke of all fauna and flora as beings with spirits. Every animal hunted is to be treated with respect and thanked for the sacrifice they have given so that the Lesian may be nourished. Every plant enchanted into a home must be thanked for the sanctuary is provided. He said that even the savanna and the jungle have a spirit each, and that all that can be seen in the natural world has a spirit, and must be respected. Everything is sacred.

(cont)

>Do different societies have a "banlist" for particular spells, and how do they enforce this list?
I think necromancy and any magic that corrupts the natural world in some way, like making land infertile, drying up riverbeds etc. Potentially transmutation magic wouldn't be accepted.

>How do the fauna of the world interact with each other? Are Sky Whales friendly towards The Eye Of Storm Ocean, or is there a continuous war between sky and sea?
Well, on Lesia the Lesians have killed all of the big predators, besides that there are still sauropods on the island and they tend to destroy whatever is in their migration path, so there's often conflict because of that, and the Lesians have to divert their path somehow.

>What are the most prominent celebrities among different societies? How did they get and stay famous?
Now, there's going to be different ones in different clans. In the central city the main celebrity would be the Equa, in others it may be a war hero, or perhaps a grand sage in the holy city of the north. I would probably have to make a whole set of posts devoted to this question, and I have work in half an hour.

>What propaganda is spread in different cultures, and for what reasons?
The belief that everything is sacred is the main cause of conflict between the Lesians and other peoples. Other races tend not to have these views, and because of this, Lesians see in other races the destruction of the world as it should be. The Lesian church claims that the main continent is cold and harsh because the other races did not respect it, and because of that they diminished the spirits in the grass and in the air. This is as vile as necromancy, as vile as killing your own parents, in the eyes of a Lesian.

Is it deliberate that the Northern Wastes and The Neck look similar to North America and Central America?

Probably not.

Just got back from deployment. What is this? I love world building, but don't want to intrude

It even has a body of water the same shape as the Great Lakes in roughly the same spot it would be.

In the words of a friendly neighbourhood user
"user wanted to create a world where humans lack magic and were driven into the northern wastes.
We now have that, AND nazi-dwarves, elves which will turn you into a flowerpot for wearing socks with sandals, orcs being too damn nice and Halflings who behave themselves like typical rednecks in Middle US - either getting drunk and high on everything or making bunkers and filling them with guns.

Oh, and also magic works only through the leather and bones of sentient beings. You can cannibal someone for greater magical power at the price of making yourself a drooling comatose vegetable and fucking scaled-feathered necromancers wanna murderrape elves."

there's more stuff one the 1d4chan page here 1d4chan.org/index.php?title=Kulmorost_Divided&oldid=388160 but some stuff hasn't been added from the threads yet so I'd check the Archive as well suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Kulmorost Divided

Collaborative world building. Read the OP, it has link to 1d4chan which has collected most of stuff. Also this user recommends that you read the 3 previous threads as well.
Then just start making suggestions and ideas!

Most certainly not deliberate. At least Kulmorost is separate from our world so it is just a co-incidence

Oh I got Ninjad with superior version. Well done!

It looks more like England than North America, but it's easy to see similarity if you look for it. All in all, geographical similarities with Earth are not deliberate

So everything is fucked, magic requires a certain level of psychopathy, Orcs are bros, Dwarves are Übermensch, Elves are fags, Hobbits are trailer trash, and humans are just trying to get by.

Will read the 1d4chan page and return with ideas

>Orcs are bros
They want to get along with other, superior races, in the end they get exploited by elves and dwarves

A bit big to be England, no ?

A thing what looks like a thing doesn't have to be the same size as the thing that it looks like. The thing that looks like a thing just has to look like the thing it looks like to look like the thing.

The Kulmorost being England, a BIG England, but britpong nonetheless

Who are the Brits ?

Dorfs, Elves are welsh, Humans are Scots and Lesians are Irish

Just want to make sure this fits established canon. Is everything here cool?

Lets look at what their religion says:
The Lesians worship Erreko devoutly, but a lot of their practices originate from beliefs regarding Kallasaak, the demigod dragon. They eat the hearts of the dead, believing that if they are not eaten, they cannot come back in the next life, as their heart and therefore their soul and spirit, has not been given back to the world. Minor funerals are held for the dead, so long as this takes place, and it is not as much as a sad occasion as it is for other races, as they thoroughly believe it is not the end.

However, when a Lesian dies in such a way that their heart cannot be consumed, there is a great funeral, and all who ever met the individual usually show to pay respects, and it is a tremendously tragic, and sorrowful time. Even those who had not known them well tend to express a sorrow that is greater than that displayed at the funerals for other races, for they truly believe that the Lesian has gone forever, their soul permanently destroyed.

I'm not Lesian expert but for me it doesn't contradict any existing canon, so yeah, looks cool

and the Gnomes are from Yorkshire

Halflings:
>How do they handle death sentences?
It's usually forbidden, but most severe punishment is exile with nothing, no clothes, no food and water and big, restraining leg and arm cuffs. Exiles usually left in very bad places to be alone and naked - for example, deep in forest or mountains.
Usually most of food Halflings eat is simple and cooked over campfire. For daily life, this food is make quite bland with little of spices, but a lot of herbs. Halflings famous as alchemists and brewers, so they have a wide variety of spirits and alcoholic drinks - from moonshine that probably will make you blind or your teeth falls, made from dubious ingredients to high quality hallucinogenic brews with exquisite taste which can compete with finest Elven wines.
For celebrations, food is laced with drugs - hallucinogenic, relaxants and aphrodisiacs.
Beasts of burden quite important for Halflings
Halflings usually are weak mages, but they list of restriction spells differs from circles to circles.
There a lot of famous Halflings - musicians, brewers and alchemists and leaders of various circles. There several famous circles for their wild parties, others for their mindblowing drugs and alcohol. There also quite unusual Halflings - for example, Lazlo from Val are captain of Storm-Riders - a rag-tag fleet of mercenaries. Or Quell Twiceborned, Mage extraordinary, respected professor in Sol Magic Universty. Or even Not Eben, a mayor of Elven city now known as "Baron Fal Darium Rose sucks at cards" or "Highland Bet".

The Master of the Physicalist School and former mayor of Zlunben (Dwarvish city) is a halfling.

Yeah, I forgot about him.
Also, do Dwarves makes a silver cuffs and chains both for restraining and torture?

Isaw things that we have not [knowledge] (belief? They both have similar symbols). Attack [fear ship](a literal translation, maybe a metaphor?) on fire off Tahal shoulders.
>unreadable
I watch Black [Sun] (God? Earth? Symbols are scratched, hard to read) rise close dark Tannhauser gate. All these [small time piece] must future lost. Like
>unreadable
[Perish of time] (Time of Perish? Death of time? Very confusing)

>A fragment of basic translation from Manifesto on Dekker's Cliff found in Society Temple in city of Guile. Unknown language, possible origin is Proto-Elven. Author unknown, most of Manifest is unreadable.

Some lesians wear silver gauntlets over their claws. This both protects the claws, and makes them a deadly foe for mages.

Despite metals generally being inert to magic, lead is most magic conductive of all metals and alloys known to a civilized world.

A recent expedition to study the Laffv was launched by dwarfs. They learnt very little, but upon being spotted they were repelled with explosive fire, launched with arrow-like projectiles from wooden machines atop the walls. Dwarf scholars mused that the Laffu have mastered an amazing method of enchanting, but masters around the world claim that such devices are impossible, and that the expedition are fearmongering, trying to keep people away from something that the dwarfs would gain from.

Little do they know that the Laffu have created a very early kind of firework, which they launch at attackers with machines designed to hold 20-30 at a time.

>look up hwacha

So Orcs discovered powder and Laffu stole these secrets and mastered them?

Seafood makes up a significant amount of the typical gnomish diet (unsurprising seeing as roughly half of Gnome Shore's borders are with the sea, and via the use of magic to keep it cool, transport of sea food into the interior is not that difficult.), but not only fish, for Gnomes don't mind other, more arthropody/moluscoid varieties of sea food, such as oysters or prawns.

While transport of seafood is not insanely difficult, it is expensive so the further inland you go the dearer fish becomes. As such, while fish still remains a decent chunk of their diet, meat/milk from the pigs and goats commonly farmed in the interior becomes a larger part of their diet.

Gnomes don't farm cows (the size difference and Cows own nature makes it a little too hard to do effectively) so anything produced by them (Cows milk, cheese, beef and steak) are rare delicacies in Gnome Shore, both uncommonly found and annoyingly expensive.

Jesus fuck there's a lot of lore to catch up on.

Is the sentient warmachine/warforged/alchemical robot market cornered?

The Laffu are somewhat that, but being living robots is not supposed to be "normal" in the setting and they are pretty much abberations.

Well hear me out on this. Metal is a poor arcane conductor, while wood is best if not difficult to infuse, and sentient being's flesh and bone being best overall considering cost benefit analysis.

What I'm thinking is a race, or kind of golem, made with wood "skeletons" and metal plated skin. On the inside? Flesh. Brains, bones, guts, skin, teeth, meat, all jammed into the chest cavity. They may be nigh impervious to damage, but their guts gives them a sort of biological clock, as their bodies essentially eats away at their fleshy bits. This forces them to almost continously eat people so they don't die.

I like the idea of bones and wood robots.
I want at least wood and bones automatons for the Dwarves, maybe some proto-industry based on it.

Well if the Dwarves are Nazis then why not go full Wolfenstein and have them do quasimoral super science experiments to make Über robots and Panzermensch

Well that was what the Goblins of Old did, breeding new races, destroying lands, creating a god etc.

We have the Goblinoid Dwarves for the crazy stuff, see for example Of course some goblinoid dwarves might be just a cover for Dwarven superprojects, totally deniable

Yet:
Previously dwarves were seen more as a bit more cautious due to their Orthodox religion, which might be a bit too ready to purge too weird shit. They were trying to watch the world so that no old Goblin Empire-level shit happens ever again. Of course some common dwarves could disagree For the good of the realm!

>This forces them to almost continously eat people so they don't die.
There is NO way that could go wrong ever....

Also we have been previously agreed that no more big new species, instead focusing on details. That said, the Goblinoid Dwarves are quite undetailed.

As for drink, while all forms of alcohol are available in Gnome Shore (some for an absurd price) there is one form of alcohol that is drunk very little in Gnome Shore: whiskey. Whiskey has a very important ceremonial purpose in Gnomish society and is not simply drunk to get drunk. It's drunk in large quantities at major events within a gnomes life (birth, marriage, funeral or achieving something extremely impressive in their chosen vocation) and drunk as shots on the eve of great battles, to instil the warriors with courage (and also just in case they don't have the chance to drink alcohol again)

>cont

Over the next month more and more Elves flooded in. A few of the short ones too. No Dwarves yet, perhaps they know better than to enter here.

When the Winged Knights arrived things grew tense, six knights on horseback and their squires, as well as an elder with a number of wool rhinos carrying the Valkyrie supplies. They had just cut their way through the wooden gates of the Elf settlement as l arrived. They thought to slaughter the Elves under my protection, the Elder said l was falling for a Dwarven trick, that l was a fool and traitor to Mother Valkyrie. l drew my sword to remind them who they were speaking to "l am no longer one of your obedient dogs old man, this is MY land, lay down your arms and flee from here before l take your heads to feed my hounds and toss your bones to the sea". The Winged knights soon fled, the old fool cursed my name so that my children would never be found by Mother Valkyrie.

A day later a troll came north, what could cause a troll to abandon its land? l decided it best not to ask him

It must have been a week later l saw them first, well the hounds found them first, they howled at the figure in the distance, thin and black.

>cont

Every human knows about great Cathedral of Valkery, the goddess of all humanity and all of us knows about brave knights that serve in her name, but less of us remember in our everyday lives about less known servants of the goddess.
Alongside of these that serve by worship and by sword exist an another maybe more important order that serves by the ink and quill. This servants are called the Seekers and Keepers based on their experience and knowledge, both of them dedicate their live to lore that we still poses and that we long lost.
The Seekers are younger members of the order before their initiation. Seekers are recruited from most brilliant men that train to become knights of Valkirie. Their duty is to learn old lore persevered in the Cathedral. When their masters deem their worthy their training is complete and they face last obstacle before becoming a Keeper.
The Pilgrimage. Seeker must prove their dedication and usefulness by returning with valuable knowledge. In tradition there are many ways to gather required information, least skilled and brave ones travel from clan to clan and write down their history for future generations, more ambitious Seekers engage themselves in research of secrets of the world, most skilled travels to The Lost Lands to search for lost scripts in the fallen cities of our people.

After the Pilgrimage, Seeker becomes a Keeper and it becomes his duty to pass his knowledge to other members of the order and use his knowledge for betterment of humanity. Many Keepers wander the wastes offering advice to various tribes, sharing their technological expertise or acting as advisers in matters of the old law.
Although shunned by rest, some Keepers can't resist lure of the knowledge and decide to venture to south lands in hope of retrieving more secrets of old humanity. Many of them never returns.

bump

>cont

It had started to snow again as l approached them. They were three, they came naked with spears in their hands, long dark faces, neither man nor woman. Each with a pair of small horns on their forehead.

They watched curiously as l approached, as l made to remove my helm to speak the first charged, his spear broke through my shield and rang against my pauldron. It did not react as l thought it would as l sank my blade into its chest. No emotion as sparks flew from the wound. It crumbled to ash and turned the white earth black. My sword burned at my side, steaming in the cold. One of the beasts took his spear and drew a line in the earth, planting his spear in the ground as he finished. The two moved back into the south and disappeared from me.

l do not know why they left, perhaps to gather more numbers. Only time will tell.

For now my sons and l keep guard by the neck, l have sent word to the Valkyrie, though perhaps they will not be so quick to come to my aid this time.

l am of ancient Latrosia and l feel my blood is more important now than ever.

Journal entry - Magnus A. Latrosia, Lord of the Latrosian Keep, Protector of the Neck, Age 36
Latrosian Theme - youtube.com/watch?v=HpQmFfdYFzY

We all known about bones and leather as good ingredients. But what about other organs or even a blood system? It's all gone as wastes?

>repotedly

?

bump

bump

At least make a contribution if you bumping.
Rumors: They say some Elven Elders practice in secret a immortality from trees (if a new elder shows up, another one quetly kills him and assumes his identity).

What system could we use for this? Which races are playable?

The thread is going to be archived otherwise.

What do we know about the beast men?

Have is it considered taboo in Kulmorost to date one?

Do they have human-like genitalia?

Asking for a friend

Bump

>What do we know about the beast men?
That they are beastlike inteligent creatures

>Have is it considered taboo in Kulmorost to date one?
Your body will be burned until there is nothing left, all your traces will be removed from histroy,

>Do they have human-like genitalia?
No, they have beast-like genitalia

I wonder what itd be like for somebody who dates a lesian. Could it ever work?

depends, what race are you talking about

You'll never run out of sanwiches.

organs are slightly harder to preserve but they are still a major part of many magical items. Hearts especially as they can be made to do their old job, but pumping different things (pumping magic throughout an object making it function and allowing the object to be turned on and off, or for use pumping water through a water filtration system.). veins are often used in conjunction with such items as the means to distribute the things the heart is moving.

>No, they have beast-like genitalia
Good

Elves or humans primarily.

Well most of species are racist pricks who do not have any reasons to do such things. Elves have their weird fads though Anyway this is not the most important thing for the setting. Moving on..

So the Goblinoid Dwarves are even more deprived fucks who play with the forces of nature? Why they have not yet been killed off (for the good of the realm)?
Is it that the Goblinoids are too recent development?
Or worse: Did the Elf-Dwarf Alliance try to defeat them already?

>Why they have not yet been killed off (for the good of the realm)?

l think the Dorfs are assembling an army to head over and (expunged from record)

MILITARY REPORT 384561

We departed from█████at████ and from their took the █████ road along███████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████Mountains██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████ metal ████████████bone████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████flesh█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████missing his████████ as well as several ████████
██████████████████ orgy ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
For the good of the realm

>I like the idea of bones robots.
I think this mixed with dwarvish necromancy can give....Nasty results, I think creating a story about Dwarvish Frankenstein is what I'll do

>What system could we use for this?
Some generic should work, depending on what feel should game have.
If low end and gritty then some kind of d100 based on warhammer or brp would work.
For more heroic savage worlds and fate.
All of them gives another feel to the gameplay.

Magic would need some kind of special rules but I don't know if it's power level was established.
What can be done by powerful elf or dwarf, average magic user or apprentice.
How magic scales among the races? From goblins to trolls what average man could do with his magic?
How potent is orc spirit magic?
What can be achieved by human adept, while humanity is mostly nonmagical are some individuals "gifted"? If human could get a source of magic (living magical race specimen) can he cast spells with using blood magic?

>Which races are playable?
Depends on the campaign.
I don't think you can have humans with other races in the party, but magical races could be able to work with each other.

I would probably just forbid human characters from taking magic as it is their feature. Unless they would have consumed much elf/dwarf flesh etc but that would happen during gameplay, not character creation.

Elfs and dwarves are about on the same level with magic yet they might have different traditions on it. Others are weaker.

Log #1, 1st day: "My name is Brom of House Lungen and I'll be first dwarf to create a life out of the flesh, for that I'll venture from our family home to GRON for more knowledge, for the good of the realm"

Log #2 4th Day "Today I've finally arrived and got my hands on "Val-Embor Brumgaurd's fun with magic volume 3" to finish my studying of necromancy, this will be fine addition to my collection, I must return to FRANK as soon as possible, there is no time to waste"

Log #3 7th Day "My assistants brought me two live orcs males, they would be enough to test how true the book is. They seem to be unaware why they were brought here"

Log #4 8th Day "Rised orcs died in agony shortly after ressurection as described in book, how awful, anyway, their bodies will be used for the good. My assistants bound the dead bodies to protect me, but it was time to go further than the book author did. I've sent a letter to Eelin, an elven fleshbending enthusiast and friend of mine, I'm sure she'll be glad to help me in my experiments "

Log #5 9th Day "What wonderful news, she was glad to help! Meanwhile she's on the road I practice with attaching different bones to dead body. I've got several orc arm bones and started to enhance them to keep together and respond on signals. Then I attached it to severed goat head my workers just killed. The rising was successful, goat could move it's bone hand, yet somewhat violently before it died"

Log #6 13th Day "Eelin arrived, as well as more orcs for experiments, and I quickly explained everything I could accomplish here, what a fire in her eyes, we sure will be able create life with our knowledge! Not wasting time Eelin started to attach second pair of hands to orcs dead body, it will take time but bending flesh is not easy task"

Log #7 14th Day "We rised the orc! He can move both his pairs of hands, but new once had more stiff movement, time to see if we can attach bone swords to those hands"

>(cont)

Log #8 17th Day "Eelin attached bone-swords into each hand, twisting fingers to wrap around sword and melding them with it. To test our creation we give it task to kill alive orc, whom we armed and armored. The poor orc didn't stand a chance, rather than bashing with hands my boy bashed and slashed him with swords, all four of them, that's my creation! We celebrated this success with best elvish wine and excellent dwarvish cheese. But we were not done yet, the corpse was still a corpse, while I want alive thing, this will need further work and maybe sacrifice of dwarvish mage, for the good of the realm"

>will continue this later

>Elfs and dwarves are about on the same level with magic yet they might have different traditions on it. Others are weaker.
Still without setting a "standard" level of ability and what one can do with it it is impossible to translate it into the rules, or it will end with DnD problem of shitton of undead and none to raise them as you need to cast level 3 clerical spell and them you can animate one skeleton per day.

Humans have enough magic to somehow enchant their weapons, or can enchant things without using standard spells, like dwarfs in warhammer.

How about this: magic user with basic training (and not everyone is trained) will almost certainly defeat an non-magic user of at least twice more experience or two of his own caliber. Unless the non-magic is equipped with lots of antimagic like silver. Then they are equal.

From there on it goes goes even wilder: well trained mage can defeat four times more experienced foe / 4 enemies of his caliber.
and so forth. Archmages can and have nuked entire armies. And both Dwarves and Elves have many archmages.

But that is basically the upper limit: No city bursting fireballs etc. Also mind-control magic is banned and as magic is bound to flesh and blood, controlling earth is really difficult and time consuming. Old Goblins could do that but as a result no-one currently either wants or is capable of such feats.

Magic-enhanced gear roughly doubles the potential of soldier, yet mortals fall behind the mages in higher power levels.

Also we need to remember that usage of magic has a cost: The more powerful the spell more dead bones or living beings it needs for fuel or the mage itself is consumed.

>From there on it goes goes even wilder: well trained mage can defeat four times more experienced foe / 4 enemies of his caliber.
>and so forth. Archmages can and have nuked entire armies.
For intended effect use 3.pf, maybe boost casters at higher levels as 20 level wizard may run of spell slots before he could effectively nuke an army.
Ban humans from taking caster classes.
Ban non dwarfs and elves from taking full caster classes.

Consider iron weapons as +1 and steel +2 (the are competing against wood and bone), silver grants +1-3 saving throw bonus and damage bonus to magical races and/or 1-3 DR from magical attacks.

Silver should rather grant saving throws and negate magical armor extra AC, than deal damage to magical races

If pathfinder, what 3rd party stuff is applicable? Spheres of power? Path of war? Avowed?

You'd have to ask someone better at dnd than me.
I've suggested 3.pf to achieve caster supremacy, I don't have expert knowledge of system to answer it.

Can be, but wasn't pure silver harmful to magical races, alongside it being anti-magic material?

Although I'd rather not use dnd, but I don't know a good system that would simulate what written in regards of magic superiority. Other systems I know would need boost to magic power.

>but wasn't pure silver harmful to magical races
>Alloy with traces of Silver irritates magical flesh, pure Silver outright burns it
I'm not sure if in this manner it talks about magically enhanced flesh or flesh of magical beings

Id suggest spheres of power with pathfinder (no other casters besides that), but make it so all magic is cast via ritual casting.

They say Elves found a new land, far in the west. It's a land full of treasures, trinkets and baubles, ripe for peaking! Land is plentiful and fertile, and wood is magnificent! Just follow the Storm, they say. Just follow the Storm.
>continue rumors dump? Y/N

Y, but it would be far more likely for humans to find

Or Lesians, who knows what that western clan is up to, or the everliving queen.