Confession Time

Alrighty, fa/tg/uys, it's that time again. Come here to confess your sins, and be absolved. Also, if you were in the previous thread, share any progress you've made on bettering yourself.
I'll start with a new sin.

> Same OP as last thread, so still fairly newfag (3 years, now)
> For some reason all of my GMs love me
> I'll be allowed special requisitions that others wouldn't be able to have, tailored character arcs, the lot
> Example being I started playing a MtA campaign, and my GM gave my character a grimoire that he had previously
> shit has 150 spells in it
> I asked about the limit of what I could do and he said "just make some spells up, you're creative"
> allows up to 10 5th dot spells, but other than that I can go haywire
> My sin is that I fully acknowledge, and actively take advantage of this

As for progress, my last sin was Main Character Syndrome, and I've tried to cut back on taking the spotlight. In said Mage campaign, we need a leader for our Cabal, and I actively suggested a player that was not myself. A small step, admittedly, but it's something.

Most decisions I present to my players are actually just illusion of choice and lead down a narrow railroad. They haven't noticed.

Well, if they don't notice, and still have fun, where's the sin?

Wait this is a thing.
This kinda scares me actually.
After all, sins aren't really something you clean off that easily.
(Ignore the religious undertone in that)

I play magical girl games so I have an excuse to describe elin-esque dresses which I love. A lot.

sure, user, but the point is to admit these sins to yourself, and to your peers, in an anonymous environment. This way, you can acknowledge your faults, and work to better yourself.
Or, even if you can't make it better, at least it's entertaining to hear other people's bad habits. Makes yours feel a little less awful.

Sounds like you need to find a fun semi-erotic roleplay partner

I run off-the-record RP's with 4/5 of my players. Two of them are comfy life-at-home between adventures sort of RP's. One is a lot of going to the tavern, chatting with old grizzled mercenaries then trying to pick up whichever barmaid is working that night. The fourth is pretty blatant and graphic ERP - nothing illegal but sometimes a little disturbing. I fucking love all of it.

>be GM
>always be wishing for a reaction from players
>Either it be surprise seeing a ridiculously high damage rating, or sadness from a death scene
>Mind always goes to "What's the most horrible and torturing situation you can put your players in?"
>Have to reign myself back in because I'm playing a semi light-hearted game

whenever a character talks with his romantic interest, I'm just setting up the moment of her horrible death and how everything is gonna be fucked up

>Be DM
>New group, new campaign
>World is a mish-mash of dragon age, dark souls, Witcher, etc
>Most important NPCs are re-skinned versions of video game counterparts
>half the time I don't even rename them

I know it's just a game, but I feel like a hack sometimes.

Don't feel too bad, my latest campaign is a mix of majoras mask, bloodbourne, and morrowind/dwemer lore.

Forgive me Veeky Forums
It has been too long since my last confession
I am still a ST, a GM, and a DM
I run larps, I play table top, and I do my best to be the player/gm I want to interact with.

I confess to the sin of wrath, for I am genuinely exhausted of all these god awful players
I confess to the sin of envy, for I wish I could play in games as good as I could run.
I confess to the sin of avarice, for I want all the good players in my games and the shit ones I want to die in a ditch.
I confess to the sin of pride, because I think I'm pretty fucking good at what I do.
and I confess to the sin of Sloth because I'm too apathetic to keep trying to improve things.

you are absolved my child. To err is human, and we must take it in stride.

I kill players who refuse to roleplay in humiliating ways, all the time. And they don't have much alternative but to keep playing with me. Is it wrong that I refuse to accommodate people with tastes different than mine?

>kill players
>kill
>players

Most GM's are hacks, and there's nothing wrong with that as long as it's good fun.

I actively try to get the Guido guy in my group to be as Guido as possible.
>why can't a dwarf wear raybans?
>I think an elf bard should be allowed to play EDM on a turntable made out of wood
>did you just ask the innkeeper for pasta?
Shine on Leo, you fucking retard.

That's pretty fucked up user.

Maybe if you take greentext out of your head and put a brain there, people will start understanding you.

Do you kill them in humiliating ways, or do you kill them for refusing to roleplay in a humiliating way?

Update: I haven't played in any games, but am joining a pathfinder game on Thursday. I already managed to insert both shoes into my mouth at the same time with these new people by talking about how casters are overpowered, and admiting I'm a power gamer.

I ended up making a cleric who is a ripoff of Rienhart. I don't know how to make unique characters that aren't carbon copies of video game characters. Send help.

My first game of Legend of the Five Rings was an ERP game that took place during the Topaz Championship, wherein I impregnated a Togashi monk and a Yogo courtier as a Crab bushi. I tried to roleplay my bushi as a young, frustrated man, who wished to indulge in the pleasures of the flesh, did so frequently, but was very concerned about this stain upon his honor, and the fact that while he loved the monk, he could never marry her for the sake of duty.

Despite everything, I still had fun trying to play a character who's motivations were more than "fuck bitches, get glory," even if the GM recently had to call the game off because of real life stuff popping up. Based GM, too.

My only advantage was the Large trait. I specialized in Heavy Weapons. This is important because the biggest regret I have is never referring to my dick as a tetsubo.

I'm throwing my already okayish academic and professional to the thrash because of roleplaying games, specially those that I DM. It's always been like that, since highschool.

Me too user. Not sure if feels good or bad.

Forgive me, father, for I have sinned. I have a tendency to go "Hey, guys, I want to run [thing]!" and then procrastinate like hell on actually coming up with ideas for it to the point that I usually have basically no material when the first session rolls around.

I'm pretty sure I was That Guy in my last game, and I still think I was in the right.

Good thing campaigns generally have trouble ending, so they won't be there to see it happen.

I usually play characters I'd like to fuck.

Dice-fudger user from last time here. It's taken some effort, but I'm getting better with not fudging my rolls as much.

Very nice user. one step at a time. Any tempting moments you overcame?

Well, there was a perception check to spot an ambush and an attack roll that would have finished off an enemy even if I rolled minimum damage that I managed to just roll straight.

Good on you.

I don't know how to roleplay

I mean I understand it conceptually and have read a ton of material on it but regardless of all that when game time happens, whether I'm a player or the GM, I can never get into character. Everything I do ends up being super shallow and as soon as any character, PC or NPC, leaves the notes and is brought into actual play, the character turn into a two-dimensional cutout that only serves as means to interact with the world. The interests, habits, hobbies, and history of a character ceases to exist as soon as I start controlling them, unles I happen to remember it and make incredibly awkward attempts at bringing it into play.
It's slowly eating away at my enjoyment of the hobby since it feels like everyone else is having a deeper and more enjoyable experience than me.

Only feel bad when the players notice that you, as the GM, are fudging the dice.

Sometimes your character is just more interesting than the others, man. No shame.

I love to play mechanically complex characters...

The more moving parts, the more subsystems, the more resources, the more action economy, the more niche tool-boxy, the more tactical, the more manipulative, the more confusing the better.

It's probably better that I'm a forever GM. But I always dream that some day I'll find someone who is willing to put up with learning and handling enough ryes to allow me to play the archetypes I love.

I think there are techniques they use to help autistic people understand empathy better? You might want to look into therapies for autism.

I'm a huge fan of OSR games but I hate regular demihumans. I tend to replace them with animalfolk for a more Redwall kind of aesthetic, but I don't think the kind of people who enjoy OSR games would enjoy having to pick from badgers, mice, otters, hares, etc. to play as.

Pretty much every character I've made in the last few years has evolved from magical realm. I'm not fapping at the table or being overtly perverted though. I know well enough to play normal at the table.

I shitpost in all of the magic generals about how much I hate their format and how much better other formats are except the only format general I like

Also I always play overtly Bara old men in my games and get accused of magical realm It really isn't I swear I just like big weapons and heavy armor

I hate anime and all the shit that goes with it and think very, very lowly of those who enjoy it If they have an avatar of it, I immediately judge them.

I play an LG paladin whose religion tells him he cannot lie

Also i have the secret goal of killing the whole party, who are also all good.

AMA

You already told us about that m8

R U...uhhhhhh?

GM here:

>I kill characters that bother me in my games
>characters I like, on the other hand, get some plot armor
>my "excellent knowledge of the rules" is based on the fact that most players too lazy to look up the rules themselves
>I'm biased against all kinds of dwarfs
>also furries, because my 30yo sister is a hardcore one
>if your dices are unreadable, I read a -2 penalty on them
>if you try to bullshit me with some bullshit negative qualities, I'll not tell you to fuck of while character building, I'll make you feel ingame

>hating anime
>going on Veeky Forums

Being a hipster was never cool.

>GM
>don't plan enough
>can't improvise for shit
>NPCs are two-bit cardboard cut-outs with nothing interesting to say
>nothing that happens makes any sense when you think about it for longer than 2 seconds
>freeze up constantly, uh and um
>encounters either end up being way too easy or way too hard
>constantly have to look up rules because I can never remember
>still prefer to GM
>incredibly insecure and get huffy whenever someone implies that maybe somebody else is better at certain aspects of GMing than I am

End me

Call me anything, but I will never watch anime. It is a toxic pit from which there is no coming back from.

Grammar, user. He didn't say he killed player characters, he said he killed PLAYERS. user #2 (with you as user #3, the post he replied to as user #1, and me as user #4) took it literally and assumed that user #1 has been committing murder. In real life.

I see no future in which I ever come up with a good campaign idea and then execute it well.

Also, when building Pathfinder characters I often still forget to add their CON modifier to their gained HP at every level.

YOU MUST ATONE FOR YOUR SINS. REPENT FOR THERE IS ONLY FORGIVENESS IN DEATH!

This. I feel ya, sometimes I just lift entire missions from video games I know my party has never played before.

Stop being lazy

I'm shit at gming and wish my players would shut up and not tell me what I'm doing wrong

I barely keep any notes when i GM and constantly forget shit.

Well then he's just utterly retarded, isn't he?

I hate popular tv shows and all the shit that goes with it and think very, very lowly of those who enjoy it If they have an avatar of it, I immediately judge them.

The fact that you are unable to make a clear distinction between good and bad in a category, instead rejecting it all because there is also bad in it, makes me rightfully call you close-minded and short-sighted then. By your way of thinking, you shouldn't play tabletop because bad ttrpgs exist, or read books cause bad books exist (and are very common, too, just like bad anime).

I hate just about everyone in my group, but they're all I got since my old group drifted apart while I was in the service. Only like three of them take anything seriously, and only one is ever willing to read up on new systems with me, the rest just fuck off and make Randumb characters.

So is your sister single

Your game sounds fun

I once lifted the Scarlet Mansion from Touhou and used it in my game. Luckily none of my players knew about Touhou, cause I didn't even try and hide that shit, called it the Scarlet Mansion and everything. They still talk about how radical it was. Think I'm gonna steal Imperishable Night next. Everlasting night seems like a cool idea.

My most notable sin was creating an arc for my character together with the GM that was supposed to go on in the background of the campaign and eventually come up in a plot twist to everyone else's surprise.

However, said arc grew more and more important to the main plot over time since the GM and I enjoyed it so much to the point where missing out on it led to boredom for the rest of the group.
Nearly killed the campaign with that.

So keeping that secret just for the sake of having an reveal and not noticing earlier that this was happening at the expense of the other players is my sin.
I am so sorry. I've learned my lesson.

I've got a bad habit of freezing up in social situations in game. Puzzles combat or planning I'm fine in, but when it comes to social I tend to freeze up due to not wanting to say the wrong thing.

Why is nobody checking this guy?
>ERP Game
Oh

>be a kinky fuck
>play with kinky fucks
my only sin is that my conscience does not accuse me.

I added around 20 HP to an enemy my party fought yesterday cause he was about to get downed without getting hit. He was a CR3 against 6 level 1s.

I downed two of them and that's all I needed from it.

I use the True Polymorph spell to fuck things which were not meant to be fucked.