LOL!

LOL!

I'd actually play the hell out of this.

>I'd actually play the hell out of this.
Anyone who says they wouldn't is a fraud and a liar.

Wait.... this was supposed to be funny?

Not only would I play that... Didn't I already play that in one of the Eberron regions?

/v/ has this thing where they post unfunny webcomics until someone posts something good. Kind of like how we post OOTS and wait for Thog edits.

Talenta plains
Herding dinosaurs
Karrnathi necromancer marshalls
Lizardfolk savages across the mountains
Weird shit from crye creeping in in the western frontier.

Hell yeah, Eberron would rock

That feel when you actually made a setting like this

Hear hear and howdy.
I would fucking run this into the ground with no regrets.
I would run this until my dice shatter.
No studying magic out of books, we're gunslingers, mechanics, desperados and shamans up in here.
Pork and beans every night until we get into town and eat our hearts out on the best barbeque and cornbread FUCKING FIGHT ME BUTTERED CORNBREAD IS THE SHIT money can buy, take a stop at Miss Kitty's before hitting the trail again.

It was pretty cringe it had American Indian elves and Spaniard/British Dwarves

>tumblr nose

Go home Jerry

I just...cannot ever enjoy the thought of corn bread.
There is just so much corn in everything I eat.

Every setting is better with a dash of the Western in it.

I really hate how the art in PA has evolved over the past 5 years or so. I also don't understand why they think that shit looks cute/good.

Mostly because they've become so big they need to pander now, and more likely "Fuck You, I draw the way I want, let's see you draw shit better," because they're still the South Park of RPG webcomics.

>triggered by an art style that dates back to the 1950s

Is Simpsons suppose to be funny?

I already played it!

>Wait.... this was supposed to be funny?

Based on the hot dog fairy, this was created at one of their conventions, live, in front of an audience. Usually with audience input. They're rarely funny and more often absurd.

Man Johnna Hex got wierd

Sounds like fun

I completely agree. That scene in Interstellar where they are sitting down for a meal and everything is made of corn? Just awful.

I wouldn't unless I was drunk or something. It'd just be a waste of time on a stupid joke.

To be fair, the old art is objectively terrible. I can understand Gabe wanting to challenge himself and improve his art.
It's just that his technically "improved" art ends up looking like dogshit.

> he doesn't post the superior Penny Arcade Veeky Forums-relaated comic
Must I do everything myself?

BALD

That sounds like it'd be okay.

Yeah Warcraft is neat I guess.

The Penny Arcade Experience is introducing a new tabletop con called Pax Unplugged, because Gabe & Tycho have heard the young people are really into it now.

>Gabe & Tycho have heard the young people are really into it now.

To be fair, Tycho's always been a tabletop guy and Gabe got into it over the past decade. They've made their own tabletop games before, even.

"Behold adventurers, a wild gang of tumbleweeds has set upon the town and begun raping and pillaging the townsfolk. How do you act?"

That pretty much follows the same pattern we do here. Not particularly funny though
Way back when PAX was a just a convention in Bellevue I'm pretty sure it was originally supposed to be a video game and tabletop game thing. Like that was the whole gimmick

I thought that was /co/ with Heathcliff and that furry dad comic.

His color has improved, but his line and readability has gone to shit.

I'm more fond of his 2005 - 2010 ish art. It's not great artistically, but it's clean and readable.

>Yeah Warcraft is neat I guess.

Arthas leaves all the time.

Planescape torment is a better analogue, but even that isn't a 100%.
It's a slightly modified take on existing ideas that he's let himself be inspired by, that's what being creative IS.

It was made especially to be a non-industry event, just for enthusiasts and other nerds.

But then the industry asked for invites and now it's E3 with more varied events.

No /co/ loves Heathcliff on some ironic level and isn't entirely sure why.

It's the absurdity of the comics.

The four-panel format is getting very... refined?

Ah RIFTS. Where the Dolphins are a proud magical warrior race with Power Armour, and the Native Americans are power shamans armed with high explosive arrowheads that can take out a modern battletank and have Power Armour.
Where Anime Tentacle Monster Jabba The Hutt has taken over Atlantis and has turned it into a monstrous playground full of Dragons, the Apes from Godzilla Vs MechaGodzilla, those blind chicks from the front cover of the core rulebook and Power Armour.
Where the Greys are in fact extra-galactic gun merchants who send Murder-Cyborgs after you if you miss a payment of your Power Armour. Where the Post-Apocalyptic Nazi Imperialists with skulls all over their Power Armour are the best chance mankind has for survival despite the schism between them and their Quebecois allies which luckily DIDN'T end in open violence as the Nazi's from Chicago didn't realise that the Nazi's from Canada have a LOT more Golden Super Power Armour than they realised.

Oh, and Cthulhu's awake.
And it's going to take more than a tramp steamer to put him back to bed THIS time.
...luckily SeaQuest DSV, captained by Captain Nemo is there to save the day!

Ah RIFTS

what a clusterfuck.

I really need to look at the Savage Worlds port. I played the shit out of Rifts back in the day, but it's hard to talk new folks into a dense pile of shit that's half bad, half obscurely buried in random places.