/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

No one bothered to start one so I did edition

>previous thread
>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR, WE LOVE POINTING IT OUT SO PLEASE ASK FOR IT!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs and errata
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Rubricae beware, we've been given a wraithvacuum wraithcleaner by our Craftworld friends in preparation for GS2)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

dailydot.com/parsec/peta-warhammer-fur-tabletop-game/
youtube.com/watch?v=iUAYeN3Rp2E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for Celestine being fair priced.

1200 points of Death Guard, Chaos Warband + Spawn. Any thoughts? I suck at 40k, so I expect it to be bad

3rd for Space Wolves vs. Peta

dailydot.com/parsec/peta-warhammer-fur-tabletop-game/

I really wanna play an Imperial army, but I don't know which one.

I considered Guard, but I don't want hundreds of models. And even if I played Veterans, just buying the plasma guns for them doubles the price per unit.

I considered Stormtroopers, but they're barely an army.

I considered Codex Space Marines but they have to play very particular builds to be any good.

I considered AdMech, but they have too much weird shit like canticles I have to juggle.

Go Guard, but Scions/tank heavy

I want to charge out of Rhinos.

Just notice 2 Seraphims are missing. Oh well

Facing Necrons with decurion, 3 flayers and 6 Wraith.

How fucked am I?

GW doesn't care. Why should you? They did it on stream. Forge that narrative, son!

See, that was my first choice, but like I said, to run Veterans, I'd need 3 special weapons per squad, which means what looks reasonable spirals cost-wise. IG plasma guns are rare as hen's teeth, even on bitz sites.

Can't you use SM ones?
Or you could just buy a little bit of silicone and resin and cast plasmas

Probably belongs in WiP, but I'm trying to decide how to snazz up my inquisitor. I did a simple kitbash yesterday but he looks very plain. I'm going to get a big I for his chest, and I have some purity seals, but I'm wondering what else.

Forgot pic

Post a pic

Really is there a video where they do that?

DELET THIS

REEEEEEEEEEE

Their Warhammer TV streams on Twitch have been doing it.

They did it once, in a narrative match.

morning, /40kg/.

I'm doing a conversion with long hair and I'm not sure how to sculpt the green stuff. post models with long, flowing locks to give me some inspiration, please.

hows my war convo Veeky Forums? anything I'm missing? any suggestions for equipment? I'm new to the ad mech so be gentle.

Real talk what is the most competitive list a tyranid player can put out?

>spirals cost-wise
literally just any plastic imperial plasma gun swapped in place of the ten thousand grenade launchers imperial guard players have

plasma guns aren't ten fucking bucks each

It's not a War Convocation, for one.

You need a Battle Maniple, not a Skitarii Maniple.

A giant pile of flying monstrous creatures, predominately flyrants.

Here: I was inspired by PETA's retardation actually.

If it helps, it's for a doubles list, he has:

3x Servo Skull (which I also need to model)
Power Armour
Plasma Syphon

Seems good. I would recommend a chainfist on the lord. Can be the edge against tanks. Also a blight grenade on the sorcerer could help.

Why take a regular tech dominus when you can take Cawl and get a whole new page of free wargear?

Have you tried it yourself? Space marine plasma guns don't fit on IG models. They're too big.

Thanks for the input. What would you throw away to put them in? Also should I really bother with blight grenades on sorc, when bikers have 'nades already?

How is this list for Genestealer Cult? Should I drop some points elsewhere and blob up the genestealers into a first curse?

They did it in multiple matches, and the narrative had nothing to do with welding larger doors onto Rhinos.

as a Guard player, I've had to buy Plasma gun bits myself. for a squad of Vets you'll need 3 max, and a Command Squad sprue comes with one, so obviously buying six command squads is out of the question.

The availability of bits fluctuates, depending on the week, but right now scions have a few plasma bits up. No one will look at you twice if you use scions for Veterans in carapace armor.

Bump.

Well you already have free pages of wargear to take and you can only take 1 relic per character anyway.

1500pts normal Dominus is better. After that in 1750/1850/2000, Adding allied detachment with Cawl gives War Convocation a pretty big boost.

>assaults his brother primarch
>flees custody and murders loyal astartes
>goes rogue with legion and blows up an Imperial planet

>yeah this guy can be relied upon, send him straight to Isstvan V

>Have you tried it yourself?
Yes. Both back when cadians were brand spanking new, and recently with the scions.

>They're too big.
No, they are literally the same size. See this fancy IG plasma gun in the command squad? The EXACT same size as the one in the tactical squad box set.

So it was revealed that Vect is a major opponent of the Ynnari faction and their plan to fully awaken Ynnead.

The questions here are...why isn't Vect embracing Ynnead when his city is under risk of the greatest daemonic invasion in its history? How is Ynnead a threat him and the Dark Eldar? Is Vect going die or be forcefully converted?

at what point range? At 1850 you'll struggle to be competitive at all.

Senpai your eyes and spacial awareness must be broke because they are objectively not the same size.

Seriously, Vect needs all the help he can get to save his city.

I have tried it. It works. Just take a laspistol hand and cut the gun away from the hand and trigger. then cut the space marine hand off of the plasma gun. then sand and glue the two together.

How the fuck do you deal with armour? Running penitent engines straight at it doesn't sound like the smartest choice.

Also, why F/F in the squads over F/HF?

On the topic of Space Wolves, how big are their numbers after all the recent wars their chapter has been through?

They got bloodied during Sanctus Reach, nearly fucked over in Curse of the Wulfen and Magnus' Wrath and lost an entire company during Fall of Cadia... I can't imagine their numbers being over 500 at this point. Maybe also GW should give some other chapter the limelight every now and then...

Dont know much about HH fluff, is that Night Haunter or Corax? Both are moody dark fuckers.

one of the three plasma guns in this shitty picture is a space wolf plasma gun. They are the same size if not the same visually.

Im not sure if here or diy is the place to ask but, I've been wanting to add an inquisition detachment to my army and i saw the tactics page recommending using scions, cultists, or even genestealer for henchmen.
Anyone have any examples or experience with doing that because I'm not sure where to start there.

delicious!

That's the point. Russ would only return when the chapter is close to dying.

>How the fuck do you deal with armour?
>Flying armourbane saint
>4 Multi-Melta Immolators
>6 walkers That cannot be shaken/stunned that deal 6 S10 attacks on the charge each

>they are objectively not the same size
Why is it that whenever someone uses the word "objectively" they're completely wrong?

Necrons. Beside flayers there is no armour.

Why not HF? Well new FAQ says template weapons unless they are all Flamers or all Heavy Flamers shoot one at the time.

On a side note I'm counting this particular Necron player being stupid as usual. Teleporting his lych guard with lord right in the middle of my Troops as usual

Really that bad?
That really sucks I've been trying to get into the more stronger armies eldar/spacemarines/tau etc, but I really am just a tyranid guy

ah damn, I was hoping it'd be the skitarii maniple. The cult mechanicus maniple is good though right?
Points mostly, a regular dominus is cheaper than cawl. I can see running him in larger battles or fitting him in elsewhere.

Fair, I don't have that much experience playing against necrons (read: two 1000 point games), so I wouldn't know for certain.

I haven't mathhammered it, but I think HF/F/CF will still score more kills on average than F/F/CF, and that's disregarding Wall of Death. I don't know how prevalent 4+ saves are for necrons, though.

Yeah, rest is fine, though the Cavaliers are obviously their own formation so I'd probably drop them.

By the rulebook, all template weapons are resolved one at a time.

A large portion of the faq was just 'lol go read the rulebook idiots' or 'This is what we mean RAI' or 'This is a problem, fix it'

Beside warriors nothing has 4+

Even then they have RP that basically makes AP rather pointless. So beside pouring enough hits and wounds till something fails all it's saves there is not much to do.

At least not with SoB, adding 4 HF would be 20 points, two Seraphim less (6 instead of 8)

ty, there are like 65 more to be painted and these are nowhere near done but I must stop playing as a gray tide so paint i must. Anyway i have ended up hoarding plasma guns from my LFGS's bits bin because it is simple enough to fit them to guardsmen and they are the same size. I am looking forward to my stores bits market this month as I hope to find even more plasma guns and meltaguns for my conversion needs.

The hope is to be able to field 3 or 4 plasma vet squads in chimeras by the end of next month.

That and I need to get a used chimera hull to assemble my chinacast medusa Armageddon pattern tank.

2 Flyrants minimum, Mawlocs, Venomthropes, Mucloid spore clusters, Biovores and minimum Genestealer units that hug LoS-blocking terrain.

I have recently started Mechanicus themed army, and I think I should do something about the lack of transports. Especially the vanguard could really profi from some Boxes.

Is there a way to get Rhinos or Chimeras without taking too much of SM/AM? I have thought of taking some Special Weapon Squads and Enginseer as HQ, but this means one squad for every Chimera.

If i buy from the chinaman and resell it at hiked up prices on ebay; is this okay? Is this a thing that happens?

people will find out and chargeback/ban you eventually. it does happen at times, from chinese sellers, but its the definition of scummy.

Multiple Templates
If a unit is firing more than one shot with the Template type, resolve each shot, one at a time, as described above, determining and recording how many hits are scored by each template. Once the number of hits from all templates has been determined, roll To Wound as normal.

Only if you say they are recast. Otherwise if people want to pay extra for recast is their thing.

inquisitor - 25pts
3xacolytes - 12pts
option of chimera / rhino / landraider / valkyrie transport
bonus ml1 pskyer for 10pts

Whoops, you're right then.

In my defence, I shouldn't be posting right after getting up.

They cant start in allied vehcles, so basically no. the skitarii detchment give them all scout + crusader, and if you use terrain you shpouldent have a problem

srsly, mechnaicus has no problems without transports

Is it like "literally" where it now can mean "figuratively?"

>Getting up at ten to four
ISHYGDDT

Tell that to those poor sods of Electro-Priests.

Is only 8 till 8 here.

>Tell that to those poor sods of Electro-Priests.
>implying the lack of transport are the thing stopping people taking them
Sure hope you like that 5++ for 18 ppm :^)

>What are time zones and different parts of the world.

I bet you are literally shaking too now?

Trapped on the dilemma of wanting a weird, esoteric army, but also being shit at conversions.

I wanna be the snowflake, but I'm not good enough to be the snowflake.

>posting in a British Thread about a British Game
>Not being British
ooosh, what are you doing friendos?

except a lot of the troops have relentless
also jist because they cant start in a transport doesnt mean they cant embark turn 1

Make them 14 ppm, give them an assault vehicle and they'd be usable as a melee unit.

>also jist because they cant start in a transport doesnt mean they cant embark turn 1
sure, but the you basically waste scout, and with 18" on the bestgun they dont need to go fast

>>posting in a British Thread about a British Game
>>Not being British

Calm down, Muhammad

At least say USAfag thread we all know Britishfags are busy right now with tea

Thanks for answers, I don't plan to use fulgurite priests atm (and I dont like the model very much) so maybe I can really do without transports.

The inquisitor option doesn't seem half bad. Even more with potential of filling another sore spot of mechanicus, the lack of psykers.

the power maul ones MIGHT be okay, but they are still T3 with a 5++ unil they whipe a unit, so you'd need them to be in a large blob, 11 ppm is nearer the place they need to be: then they are basically mechanicus deamons

They also need to be troops, i mean seriously, who the fuck thought putting heavy grav cannons in troops was a good idea

>not shitposting whilst drinking tea

cant you amerifags do both? guess ypou need more practice
you are confusing us with france m8

Same people that thought giving troops with ObSec an additional free transport.

The same people that take 3+ saves against AP3, assault out of vehicles, cheat while making list and can't seem to understand that people can play with random people at a store

or put a squad of 5 into an inquisition chimera (5 firepoints) and roll around in your gank box

Advancing bit by bit with these happy fellow. Still need to finish the tyrannid "flesh" and all the part that aren't orange nor purple, but I really like this 80's cartoon vilain vibe of the corlor scheme. Even if I'm not a good painter and if I probably should spend hours correcting all my mistakes.

On the other hand, I'm a bit affraid that I'll need to buy and paint a shitload of them in order to have fun by exploiting their ambush formation, but well we'll see.

Also, considering to buy a second box of Deathwatch in the long run. Any input on the compatibility of the simple kits contained in the box with the rest of the cult bitz ?

I'm shit posting while harvesting fruit for our first world overlords (incompetence overlords thou)

That was actually the "competitive game" for the day, which makes it even better

says the guy who has never faced guard with 3x wyverns across the board.

>The same people that take 3+ saves against AP3

Wait what? i knew about the transport thing, but really? REALLY? Jesus guys, get your shit toegther
God damn why.

If you are facing guard then you have already won as skitarii, you can feild harder hoards, that can be supported by tanks and walkers that laugh at wyvens

well its 25 or 6 to 4 here.

Which country?

its 5 past 4 my man

but cant you assault out of a landraider?

not out of rhinos though

Lol no. You know they can just deploy at the back of their zone with anything they dont want dead turn one, and basically guaranteed kill all of your foot troops by turn 2. God help you if you are playing short board edge.

Chicago

Chicargo has fruit trees?

I run skitarii and inquisition (not admech at all) and yeah basically the skitarii are my shooty dudes and my inquisitor and henchmen are the assault group and i have snowflake shit like s6 heavy bolters on my chimera and 10 point psykers, its great

youtube.com/watch?v=iUAYeN3Rp2E

oh wow the color scheme is awesome; it reminds me of the bad guys from tmnt