Is red lyrium World Of Darkness material?

It has a siren-like song.

It grows anywhere where it can gain a foothold.

It grows insanely fast. for a rock.

It feasts on blood.

It turns anyone near it crazy and bloodthirsty.

It has an anti-magic element that instantly kills mages.

It turns people into screaming crystal hulks.

Anyone that does survive near it wants more people to hear it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o9C9OKMyZng
youtu.be/IEGo41443iI
youtu.be/RZg1c3BAjbk
youtu.be/TXCUenE0b5A
youtu.be/KjHclWPVij0
youtu.be/w3mq6citF9I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not even fucking clear what lyrium actually is.

>From what Bianca says lyrium is alive
>Red lyrium has existed from before the first blight so it's not just tainted or maybe it is, somehow
>If it is corrupted by the taint then there's the whole blight magic thing
>Also dwarves being resistant if only so little
>And dragons being very resistant to it
>Something about a void that it apparently comes from
Fuck the Descent DLC to hell.

Yes, but not as it is since it's unsure what the fuck it actually is.

> Caring about Inquisition plot
Dragon Age has been shit since Awakening. Shame about it, I would love to see a good sequel to Origins.

It's actually one of the cooler things in Dragon Age. Like a creeping crystal

Isn't like the blood of some undergrown Titans? I believe the dwarvens from antediluvian times are their spawn.

>Crystal anything
I'm sorry, whenever some macguffin thing or special whatever is in the form of a crystal or jewel I can't help but find it tacky, especially from an aesthetic level. I'm not sure why.

Just make it a rock or ore or something, why does it have to be a gawdy jewel? Is it because Tolkien? Is it remnants from new-agers associating crystals with magic? Is it something older? Where did this trope come from?

No its shit. Its Bioware´s newest McGuffin that will get a shitty explanation in the end just like the Fade and the Golden City or the what happened to the Elves.

>DA2
>woOOOOoooooo spooky super rare lyrium that drives people insane
>DA3
>Its everywhere
>Every bad guy uses it
>Only explanation as to why its everywhere TIMEY WIMEY WIBBLY WOBBLY

I legit cant tell why anybody would find ANYTHING about the DA-Lore interesting.
I also cant tell if all the decent writers left Bioware or if there never were any decent writers at Bioware and I was just to young and dumb to notice that.

They definitely left. There is a noticeable drop in quality after a certain point.

>Just make it a rock or crystal or something, why does it have to be a precious metal? Is it because Tolkien? Is it remnants from hermeticists associating metals with magic? Is it something older? Where did this trope come from?

>It grows insanely fast. for a rock.
How fast? More than flowstone and certain RL crystals?

Lightning bolts fuse sand into glass instantly, but I don't recall if it is truly amorphous glass or it has a crystalline structure.

I would suggest that the crystal mcguffin trope is much more common in modern fiction. I was being genuine though, are there older instances of the magic crystal thing?

Magic or special metal has been an ancient myth for a long, long time. Probably one that grew as metallurgy advanced.

The woman that wrote the Orzammar part of Origins left the industry after nonstop death and rape threats, threats against her children, and repeated vandalism of her home. You can thank Gamergate and their tireless quest for integrity in journalism.

Dragon Age was never good. You're on Veeky Forums have some fucking decorum.

Go Home Gamer Girl

None of that shit happened.

>The woman that wrote the Orzammar part of Origins left the industry

Good, Orzammar is an abortion of fiction

It's the blood of Titans infected with the DarkSpawn taint. The taint was probably invented by elves to kill Titans.

>elves once again demonstrating their need to be put to the sword

knife ears, not even once

the words you posted look very stupid together

Really? I don't recall anything particularly offensive about Orzammar. The dwarves were idiots with their heads stuck up their heads, but they're autistically traditionalist politicians so that's to be expected.
Also who the fuck gets THAT mad about a part of a game plot? People who post an angry rant about it on the internet are already pretty out there.

Laziest attempt at trying to rewrite history I have ever seen.

Is this how Biodrones see the world?

>Is this how Biodrones see the world?
Yes. If you have the stomach for it, spend 5 minutes on the bioware forums to really see some autism.

By decorum, I suppose you mean 'loudly and incessantly suck dick of these games I played when I was 14, and preach how nothing that isn't an exact copy of them can be acceptable'.

Fuck you, DAO was good.

Origins was solid. Not especially original, but with enough differences from standard Tolkien to make it interesting, enough plot customisation to give you a real sense of player agency, and good character development.

I'm not sure what complaints you can have outside of the genre being a bit generic and grimdark.

Didn't have enough zany quips and filler combat.

What happens to the Fade and the Golden City ?

>Gamergate is the reason why games are shit
>intstead of Gamergate being a backslash against shitty games

shiggy diggy doo duh

Are you talking about Hamburger Helper?

Because if that's Hamburger Helper, well, there's some lies to your sentence.

>The woman
Ham beast.

>that wrote the Orzammar part of Origins
Small part of it, thanks god.

>left the industry after nonstop death and rape threats
Well, she was a shitty writter, too. Probably quitted the industry because she was frankly not very good.

>threats against her children
Well, that's one way to see reality. Another way is Helper's hysteria and paranoia.

>repeated vandalism of her home
Little lies~~

>You can thank Gamergate and their tireless quest for integrity in journalism.
You really should, unironically so.

The fade used to be part of reality until the Elven Trickster God locked it away after trapping all his fellow gods there. These elven gods weren't actually gods either, but immensely powerful mages. The Golden City was probably either constructed by the exiled gods after they got put there or was built and then ended up being on the wrong side of the Veil. The probable reason for the Tevinter magisters becoming the first Darkspawn after going there is because the Elven Trickster god locked them up there with the original version of the Taint, which they had created to kill Titans.

Sounds like fantasy Tiberium.

Hey my thread expanded!
I thought it would die from obscurity...

In six months...
It infested an the frozen waste of sarnia.
>Sarnia.
Really original bioware...

No, because people will recognize it as a thing from a video game. Make something kind of similar but with clear differences and a different name

>it's elve's fault the plot
DA franchise turned into a fucking shitshow after Origins

youtube.com/watch?v=o9C9OKMyZng

You mean, other than being a massive WOW ripoff? It's Ironforge with a caste system.

Reads like a description of hate republican memes propagated by the Russian hacker known as Veeky Forums, memelord par excellence, final boss etc.

Anyone's brain infected by the dememelirium turns into a meme-spewing memester of hate

>Dragons are immune
because a rightwing dragon would be too op
>Bioware
of coursh

It seems to me that the current Bioware-devteam consists of second rate short story-writers with not a single actual gamedesigner among them.

Sorry...
I'm a "newfag" that is the term yes?
How is your post relevant?

That's still above Bioware's average.

Trying to turn the thread into a shitstorm.

Gamergate was a backlash against colluding journalists and paid reviews as far as I'm aware.

It's how fantasy writers who are forced to live in the real world, are affected by events in it and get their ideas from there produce material, by taking ideas, abstracting them a little and wrapping them in fantasy tinsel paper and jargon. It's how metaphors are made. The OP even asks a question on delirium's origin, instead of expecting the metaphor to come up with an answer, undercut the writer by pinpointing the signifier then wrapping the appropriate fantasy metaphor for it.

Then you should try hating on the fact that inquisition has two straight romances.
Instead of outnumbering or being equal to the number of gay romances.

Like this. >It's to leftie.

My gods what the fuck did I just read.

I...

The part she hates most about games is playing games.

Why is she there. What is she doing there. WHY. WAT. WHY

I don't understand how it isn't immediately obvious that one unit of (dy)lyrium is a in-world euphemism for what a cultural iota--a meme--is.

youtu.be/IEGo41443iI
youtu.be/RZg1c3BAjbk
Heresy!!!
I enjoy doing all that shit!
You can't skip non-subtitled dialogue!
Play both links at the same time!

Is this the woman who was quoted as not liking video games and just wanting to write fiction? Because I could believe it. The Orzammar branch was they worst balanced, most linear part of the game. If you chose that path before leveling up, you got railroaded into nearly unwinnable fights with no way to backtrack and no warning.

All I read in the other post was basically this.
youtu.be/TXCUenE0b5A
Is it weird that I want the link to be a game?

This thread is a game, and so is language.

I meant it like this.
>Skaven conspiracy lasers simulator 2017.

I'm not him. I have standards in my trolling.

Hamburger Helper did not write ALL of Ironforge. She wrote parts of it and parts of the two dwarf origins. And whether she didn't have the last say in anything, or had an editor breathing down her neck, or was hit by lightning and got a temporary buff to creative output, Orzamar is fairly well written and I'm not going to hate it just because it's fashionable on /v/ to do so.

>Professionals 'ave standards.
Sorry about that...

Wow that is shit

I dunno, I think it's alright. What's more shit is the fact that the Qunari are probably just half-elves half-dragons instead of just being there own race.

the setting is just warhammer but without the cool visual design

If this were written by my 6 year old cousin it would be alright. But it wasn't written by my 6 year old cousin. It was written by adults in the age when the combined literary wealth of mankind is one internet search away.

Fen'harel put the other gods there because of flemeth.
I don't remember anything about the taint being there....
Although that would explain why there is lyrium in the fade...

youtu.be/KjHclWPVij0
>Tfw I cant have ogrehn to act like this to all dalish.
>Fukken knife-ears.

It's just an inference. The first darkspawn came from the Black City, but Corypheus claims it was already all fucked up when he got there. So the taint must have already been there, and the only way it could have got there was with the Evanuris.

DRIVEN FROM THE INDUSTRYYYYYY

>Believing anything Hamburger Helper says
>Or any of the SJW crew
>Current year

Bloody hell....
>Solas saved the world from darkspawn.
>By fucking it over.
>He's going to save the world again.
>By fucking it up again.

That's another thing. if corypheus knew of the eluvians why didn't he use one all those ages ago?

To breach the golden city of course.

Exactly. Though, reading some stuff regarding the Black City and the Veil, it seems more likely that the Evanuris had the Taint under control but somehow the magisters unleashed it. Which is what really ruined the city. At least going off this one Cole quote "They still remember when they were higher, before it woke up and everything fell." That's kind of a wild assumption though, but it's currently my theory about it.

Characteristic and iconic form, which is also rare enought that you can't really mistake it for something else. Also the transparency and shine. It makes it ideal when you want something that is instantly recognizable.

Make red lyrium a red crystal and everybody instantly will recognize it. Nobody will mistake it for a natural formation of red Quartz. If you do the same with ores and rocks you run into the problem that it will be easy confounded with something else.

>The taint and lyrium are used as wards to stop the god's from escaping.
>Anti-magical.

>Demons are scared and disgusted by darkspawn.
>They won't possess darkspawn corpses.

>Demons are worried of Templars.
>They find it hard to possess their corpses.

That... would be a little cool actually.

Well, Lyrium is the blood of Titans. Who are the Pillars of the Earth. The Fade is the Sky, so spirits are from the Sky. Makes sense the Sky is fearful or at least averse to the Earth.

But that's also just speculation.

A shame DAI never properly explained what cole was.

Or where the crossroads lead.

Or Kieran.

Or why solas absorbed flemeth.

That Seeker book quest was a huge twist though.

The unanswered questions are the only reasons I'm interested in the next game. The actual game mechanics get worse every game, and so does the writing overall, but the metaplot and lore get more interesting with each addition.

Same.

Is the DA keep worth it?

>never properly explained what cole was
Isn't he just a spirit of Compassion?

You mean Hamburger Helper? Good. She was a pox on Bioware.

I assume he's a spirit that's somehow managed to partially go back to how spirits were when they were a regular physical part of the real world.

I'll be honest, I don't even know what that is.

Possessing the previous cole. yes.
But only demons can usually possess.
Except in a seekers case.

Actually, wasn't it that only demons WANT to possess? Good spirits could theoretically, but they never feel compelled to? Or is wanting to the trigger to become a demon?

This.
youtu.be/w3mq6citF9I

Oh that. Naw I never really bothered with it except for setting up my characters at the beginning of Inquisition.

Now I want demons to possess magic using characters if they fail their will saves.
And turn them into abominations.

And Templars as characters

All negative emotion's are demons.

But isn't the justification that any spirit that gets obsessed with being corporeal ends up becoming a demon? Kinda like the Dark Side in Star Wars?

Yes. That's how envy was the first demon.