/40kg/ Warhammer 40,000 General Thread

"Grey Knights are garbage and it hurts my soul" edition

>previous thread
>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR, WE LOVE POINTING IT OUT SO PLEASE ASK FOR IT!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs and errata
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Rubricae beware, we've been given a wraithvacuum wraithcleaner by our Craftworld friends in preparation for GS2)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Chapter_Master_Smashfucker
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whats the game like now?
I've only really played 3rd ed and have an imperial guard book for 4th ed.

Really big armies and beware of space marine, eldars and tau players, since they become ultra competitive armies with people looking for easy wins and obviously broken army books.

You're wasting the HQ Tervigon in a HFD.

Take two of the Termagant broods and put them in a seperate CAD.

Friendly Reminder

>Or bring some Inquisition weirdo who has, somehow, come to acquire a lascannon

Why did I laugh so hard at this image.

Like 3rd edition but with more usr and everyone got new cheese. Also, different ways to build armies aka formations everywhere.

To carry on the convo from last thread I will point a few things out.

>no one likes space wolves
>no one likes ultramarines
>Gw is the story tellers and you either enjoy it or you don't
>either way get over it
>no one cared that the Easterlings got btfo in lord of the rings because the story was about Gondor and Rohan.
>eldar are the best armies in the actual game so I don't understand why make believe stories trigger eldar players
>I would be willing to bet that every eldar player mad about fluff has a 60%+ win rate over the last ten years

>Friendly reminded that if you use Magnus no-one will play you, but if you dont you lose every game
Kelly really does have the Midas touch.

>USR
>3rd edition

What?

Would it be worth it to throw Hive Commander on one or both of the Flyrants in order to outflank a unit or two of Devilgants?

but they're easily the most loved chapter though?

loved by who?
>inb4 the spiritual liege

I kinda want to rehabilitate the Ultras' rep. Because they SHOULD be cool.

Vehicles now have hull points making them much easier to kill with glances. Xeno factions have less vehicles and more t6+ w5+ models so the hull points change doesn't affect them as much

When you're "the best" it's natural for everyone to hate you

Opinions on Tau or Necrons? What would make me less of a prick when playing at my FLGS

Hey guys thoughts on this solid list put together by the boys from Games Workshop?

Ultramarini ite domum!

Youre a prick anyway, play the faction you want.

Play crons they're not irrelevant fluff-wise

Are stormtroopers not a unit anymore?

Way to cut straight to the punchline without setup.

It should be "Ultramarines eunt domus!"

>People called Ultramarine they go the house?!

It's impossible to win at this game and not be a prick, so just take w.e you like the most. And avoid playing with randoms as much as possible, the quality of fun drops in most cases

>>everyone pretends to not like the ultramarines because deep down in their heart knows, despite how hard they try they will never be an Ultramarine
FTFY :^)

They're an entire army now, called the Militarum Tempestus.

You can take them either as elites for IG, or a standalone army.

I claim this thread in the name of the Emperor and for Macragge!

Courage and Honor!

Aaah OK, was just going through the army list posted, putting in everything I owned and didn't see the old models for stormtroopers.

Ultramar shitters get out REEEEEEEEE

How's this for my first list?

Really seems something that Cruddance would do.

>I'm going to fuck over this faction, but add this ONE OP gem to taunt their fanbase.

1 vox why? Both units need it for the reroll and inside transports you can't take order anyway. Drop standard and medipack, useless. Get flamers.

>Victory is decided entirely by whether or not your opponent has enough Skyfire to take down Magnus

Yeah that's a GW list alright.

This is what I have...

>enough Skyfire to take down Magnus
Doesnt even matter. Theres not enough WC in that list for Magnus to do anything anyway. He'd have to land and actually fight things making his access to 13 witchfires pointless.

>1840
I refuse to believe there's nothing left to fill those 10 points, holy fucking shit.

>not even enough points for a standard game nowadays.
Get ready to spend some cash, old timer.

>the hope of the Eldar is a literal tranny god
>dat new target demographic

ok so my opinion time on this cut the arty node and take a 3rd flyrant move the tervigon into the troops slot by takeing a 30 strong brood of gaunts

that puts you at a solid 1005 points so youve got 845 points to work with you seem to be going heavy on anti tank capable units

so you could take a brood of 3 zoans for 150 points you can tac on another 25 points to upgrade 1 to a nuranthrope give it spirit leach to get extra warp cahrges for warp lance and spirit leech is very nice on infantry so it makes it duel purpose and you can target the infentry with sl and warplance something else (zoans are 1 of the best units we have i use them in all my games)

mawloc can stay (flyrants can keep him in synapse and you can start him on the board and burrow him turn 1 so he can terror turn 2) so 140 there

so there you have 555 (530) left to play with id strongly suggest if your going to slog a tervigon up the board or anything for that madder you get atleast 1 venomthrope their 45 points give a +5 cover to all groups within 6" so as long as 1 gaunt from the brood is in 6" of the venomthrope the whole group gets a +5 cover in open ground or a 4+ if their is anything in between

lol
>in the far future there is only consuming
Shit never really changes does it, shit.

I like Space Wolves. I just think Wulfen are ugly and wish they hadn't gone quite so far off the wolf-end in recent years. Their core themes are great though.

I have a 750pt escalation game coming up. Any ideas for an Iron Hands list?

New models

The doom of the Eldar is also a literal tranny god. What of it?

>I like Space Wolves
AWOOO

Nah, he can waste a few turns DD-ing whatever can actually kill him first.

>standard game
>not 1500
tourny fags get out.

They're plastic too right? I could get behind them.

Standard is 1850, where I come from

omg someone call PETA.

2000 is the usual standard.

1850 the "I want to practice my tourney list but won't just say that I'll say 1850 points" number.

1000 a small game.

1500 the rare but not unheard of medium game.

500 a little skirmish.

Eh you're not far off. I'd recommend 2 Hydras for Heavy Support, they're extremely good ATM, and you need to get Melta weapons in those vets and Storm troopers.

Excuse me,
Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior? Sanguinius?

Smashfucker.

That model's design is shit and I don't own it. I still like Space Wolves though.

havoks and obliteratos
:^)

part 2

biovores are good but you have a synapse tax on them so youll have to have something sit in the rear with them you could spend 50 points on a zoan to baby sit them but it wont be able to do anything if your trying to be aggressive and move towards the enemy ( you should be) so the other option is a group of warriors slap a heavy venom cannon on them and let them fire as well but thats a bit pricey so id say the biovores should either only be used to hold an objective really close to your deployment area with some warriors or not taken at all

hive guard can be amazing they completely ignore terrain while shooting but 2 str 8 shots at bs3 each for 55 points so 165 points for 3 makes them litterally hit or miss they can be a good if your going against av13+ lists but ull want ur zoans to be dealing with those targets because your flyrants can reliably deal with av12 by glancing it to death and av13 ull only do a hull point on a 5+ or 6+ on a av14 and at bs3 youll only hit 1/2 your shots so the odds arnt that great

i love hive guard but zoans are defiantly better by far still if you like them use them

as for the exocrine i dont have 1 and have never tested it but it seems alright on paper so cant really give advice on it

moar gaunts fill out w/e extra points you can with them as meat shield for the blob going down the feild or just a group here or there to hold an objective

warriors are baby sitters and good objective holders but 30points base is pricy for something that gets inst death from str 8+ if they are baby sitting something like a tyrannofex or biovores in the back line a bio cannon is nice to atleast do something with them but i always see them as a tax for backfield units and they dont seem worth it to take them usually

Don't take Wraiths or Riptides when under 1k points. and don't take either faction's decurion until you are playing at least 1.5k

Unless all your opponents at the lgs are Orkfags they should be fine dealing with you and having a close game

Yup, plastic

>8 dice minimum for those two D's
Well I guess but thats it for your powers makes paying 60 points for each termi squad a huge waste and means they only have 4++.

Chapter Master Smashfucker.

A couple tactical squads and some dreadnoughts.
Led by a librarian and a techmarine

How about two tactical squads with lascannons and a thunderfire cannon? Maybe a autocannon dread in there too?

I've decided that since I have some spare Ogryn bodies and Admech parts out the ass I'm going to make some of those Ogryn Praetorian servitors that show up all the time in the Admech novels. I want them to be a bodyguard for my Dominus and/or Cawl, so anyone have an idea of what to Counts As them in for? Casual games only, so it can be expensive in points.

Oh there are some heavier weapons in the stormies, I just forgot to change them.

Some Hydras, right o, cheers.

That would be good too.

So will ynead shit allow me to take best models from eldar and dark eldar miniture lines and make a usable army. (newer plastic kits)

Here's what my list is right now.

So someone said something about a tabletop sim 40kgen league? Did anything ever become of that?

You can already do that though.

The dude preceded it with an IF, a big IF. I think he was just trying to gauge interest.

>tfw didn't but TS when it was on sale

Would a "Start Collecting Eldar" and a "Start Collecting Dark Eldar" box make a good army?

Looks decent.

For such a low points game you have too many lascannons.
I would suggest swapping out for some plasma cannons but I don't have so much luck with Gets Hot so I tend to avoid those. Maybe take heavy bolters on the razorback instead

Most of the players at my local gamestore are IG players so i thought the lascannons would be a good idea.

What kind of IG, Armor or Infantry heavy?

>new
As if.

Who or what is smashfucker? Is it just a WAAC'D out chapter master? Or a specific hero

Any IG list will have chimeras and at least one leman russ at that point cost.

First of all, Reece is a hack. This is the same dude that said "I went undefeated in 5th edition playing Footdar", without actually giving any real battle reports about what he actually fought.

Second of all, egads that's a horribad list. Let's see here:
>But Magnus is T8 versus Scatter Spam.
Like D and Grav care (or Poison on those rare occasions you fight Dark Eldar). Plus, do you really want to keep him tethered to your Terminators? It's not like people play for objectives after all.

>But my Run and Charge Tzaangors.
They're not fearless, unless you attach the Exalted Sorcerer to them. And if you do attach the Exalted Sorcerer, they can't run and charge because only the Tzaangors themselves are allowed to.

I'm honestly at a loss for how they paid Mr. ITC to write this piece.

An Iron Hands chaptermaster on a bike with a 2+FnP

>1d4
1d4chan.org/wiki/Chapter_Master_Smashfucker

Take that page with a heap of salt because he's actually pretty shit by the actual meta's deathstar standards, he's just a bitch to get rid of in casual/semi-comp games.

A handful of tanks doesn't justify lascan spam though.

What do the Easterlings in LotR have to do with this? I missed last thread.

Easterlings are cool though, I liked their portrayal in the film as persians/chingchongs with bladed spears, heavy armor and pavises.

They're there. They were just renamed Militarum Tempestus, the same way Guard were renamed Astra Militarum, for MAXIMUM COPYRIGHT. GW has been very protective about their IP after Chapterhouse Studios.

Mfw i lose with my tau constantly because i stubbornly refuse to use giant battlesuits. Although it makes winning with kroot and vespid that much sweeter... even if they don't survive past one turn.

14AV on the front of a Leman Russ really does.

>I'm honestly at a loss for how they paid Mr. ITC to write this piece.
Because he just recommended a list with all new models ;^)

Tau themselves are actually not competitive-competitive. They're very much a "gateway" army, good at slaying bad lists but seldom making top 8 (that is, unless your setting allows the Tau'Nar).

Daemons tend to win more than Tau for example. Then again, it's more "Nick Nanivati wins with Daemons" more than anything else.

lascannons aren't really good at killing AV14 though

A silly idea for a 1500 point list.
Idea is that the 30-gant blob outflanks to delete a couple enemy infantry units. Everything else is pretty standard and self-explanatory.

I don't get it, this actually looks like a solid list. Maybe not hyper-competitive because terminators, but hey, theyre 2+/3++ T5 terminators and each sergeant is a librarian equivalent psyker, that has to count for something right?

Touche.

Anyway, if anyone ever writes to say "GW only writes new rules to sell new OP models", I'll look to Wrath of Magnus and laugh. Because other than Magnus, everything that was released is Orkanaut-tier in terms of "shit rules, shit overcosting, shiny new model".

It's the only thing that has a chance since it's impossible to get that close to an IG gunline with meltas.

Sauce on this list?

just take another tzaangor, lel

OK LOL that was a good read.

>this is his final form
>smash fucker 9000

People were upset that the non imperial factions they play as aren't the focus of the story in 40k.

It's from warhammer-community, the "part 3" of building Traitor Legions lists.

Grav Cannons and Technomancy are still things.

I'm pretty sure that he meant Wyverns.

Which is fine, because it's a dual kit.

But Wyverns are what you want.