Who'd have won in a fight, Boromir or Aragon?

Who'd have won in a fight, Boromir or Aragon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zEhtsgu6bJg
youtube.com/watch?v=mpjyNIoJ0V4
youtube.com/watch?v=A26IdI5KNb8
boromir.toolness.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=vDN1sA3Fpqg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Aragorn

Broromir because Aragorn isn't wearing pants.

Additional information: there's a hobo nicknamed Aragorn living in my yard.

NUMENOR STRONK

Legolas

You angered the PETA. prepare to die.

Aragon. Also, is it just me or does Sean Bean die in 99% of the films/television he stars in.

It basically became a meme, but he's okay with it.

I'd give it to Aragorn based on more experience, IIRC he's in his 70s in LotR

Aragorn.

He canonically has low-level superpowers, i.e. much higher strength, speed, resistance and stamina than your average trained soldier.

youtube.com/watch?v=zEhtsgu6bJg

80s IIRC

Why are you trying to make me sad

Which one is the one with him getting buried alive?

Don't Say a Word (2001)

Thought he was 44.

This is meaningless.

It's stated outright in the Fellowship that Boromir was the mightiest of all the nine companions. Aragorn, is credited as the tallest, being of royal Numenórian stock; though Boromir (and by extension, Faramir, their father, etc.) also came from Numenórian blood.

>mightiest of all nine
>Gandalf is part of the nine

Now listen here

boromir has the most might points
by RAW he is the mightiest

the downside is he has no fate points

It's true though. Aragorn have no pants.

Boromir without doubt. Boromir is a warrior, trained in gorilla warfare 'n shit. Aragorn is just a ranger.

You'd think the Ranger would know more about gorillas.

What exactly do you think the rangers even do?

Why did they make same such an ugly monster in this?

Nope. He mentions his age in the coronation ceremony as being 87. Being of the High Men of Númenor he could live to be 250.

knowing about gorillas is less important than knowing how gorillas wage war

"Ranger" in LOTR means "guy who is literally killing orcs all the time nonstop"

Might as well ask why the made Sam a deformed simpleton.

Sauron wins by them fighting.

Gandalf, though not truly a mortal, was still bound by his physical form. That of an elderly man and though he would not die of old age, he still kept all the frailties associated with it. He was also bound by instruction from Manwe that he should not reveal his true nature among mortals. Fighting Dúrin's Bane was a different matter because that was a being of the same make as he, and if it should join with Sauron then the Free Peoples would have almost no hope of ever seeing Sauron defeated.

Magic is repeatedly shit on by martial prowess in Tolkien's legendarium. Sauron and Isildur, The Witch-King and Earnur, and, of course, Morgoth and Fingolfin.

Sam was better in Jacksons movies

Here he is just a bafoon
youtube.com/watch?v=mpjyNIoJ0V4

>That of an elderly man and though he would not die of old age, he still kept all the frailties associated with it.

No.

Just so much no.

He might have been a cantankerous bastard at time like an old man but he gave very little impression that he was frail like an old man. He was also in no danger of dying of old age given that he had looked sixty something for the last two thousand years.

Ned Stark.

Fair enough, I misspoke. He was by no means frail, but he wouldn't be able to best Boromir, who was physically younger and more skilled at arms.

I did say that he wouldn't die of old age though.

>He survived 2016

>gorilla warfare

Goddamn that was painful.

Audibly kek'd thank you user

You must be new here

For all those old films had good stuff in them they also had heaps of inexcusable dog shit like that.

Might be heresy to say it in these here woods but I prefer the Jackson films.

It depends on when in the story this fight takes place.
For example in the later parts of the series Aragorn gains the legendary blade Andúril while all Boromir gains is death.

>Aragon

I don't bloody think Boromir could stand a chance.

Aragorn doubtless. He had a superior bloodline and Tolkien was quite a fascist.

Moorcock pls leave

Aragorn, he was another level of badass as humans go. At least twice Boromir's age, too.

Gandalf also probably wasn't allowed to fight the balrog "officially", but since it all happened either deep underground or high above the clouds they swept it under the rug since nobody's noticed.

Wait. Hold up. Fuck, I just understood something obvious. Letting Gandalf wear Narya was just a way of getting around the fucking ban. He couldn't use the powers he had in Valinor so Cirdan gave him a ring whose power was tied to Middle-earth. I just thought it was additional aid but they were using a loophole.

Wasn't he limited to like a quarter of what he could do, and no direct offense?

>Aragon
A lone swordsman versus an entire region of Spain? Boromir gets ruined

That sounds awfully specific.

>awfully specific
I'll take "What is Tolkeins usual writing style?" for 200 Alex

I like you!

You can see better evidence of that too, in Gandalf's actions in Moria. It exhausts him to have a simple door locking and counterspell cut and parry when they're fleeing from the chamber of Mazarbul. But after the fall down the chasm, suddenly it's an 8 day magic battle which culminates in the destruction of the side of a mountain.

I don't think it's quite a question of "officially" vs unofficially, but that Maiar are probably unable to go all-out when there are pesky mortal witnesses. Remember, the Balrog is bound by no such restrictions but does seem to be able to step up his game when Gandalf goes all out.

Probably Aragorn, but Boromir's damn tough, I could concede the possibility of him winning, and I'd bet on him in a physical fight against any of the other Fellowship members.

I don't know... He did kill A LOT of Uruks.

Eh...need more details. Boromir was way strong, but Aragorn was cunning and shit

Nacho Libre.

How come Gimli's name hasn't come up yet? Does nobody think he's at about the same level when it comes to 1 on 1 melee rankings?

Unfortunately, he falls a little short.

It's too late. PETA has angered the gazebo. Let's see PETA beat the gazebo in combat

You ever notice how PETA never goes after biker gangs even though they all wear shittons of leather?
It's cause despite being some of the literal dumbest people on earth, they're still not THAT dumb. Or the ones that are "Go missing"

In that pic sam (Or the hobbit I'm assuming to be sam) looks high as a fucking kite

Gimli's good, but he's not in the same league as Boromir.

Consider: Boromir, alone, unaided, killed about 20 orcs before they decided to stand off and shoot him full of arrows as a way to deal with him. Gimli takes down 42 in a battle where he's protected by comrades and is never venturing alone. He also expresses some concern about fighting the Dunlendeing warriors at the gate of the Hornburg.

Aragorn, probably
But Boromir will always have a special place in my heart.

how many orcs could he have killed if they were all melee?

>Boromir, alone, unaided, killed about 20 orcs before they decided to stand off and shoot him full of arrows as a way to deal with him.
while protecting what essentially amounts to two children

So do arrows for him

In my youth I was an elf loving faggot and thought legolas was the coolest. Now I'm older and a bit wiser, and know that Sam is the best. Boromir is high on the list of characters though. It's tough making an interesting badass with sufficient character flaws to be interesting.

>Who'd have won in a fight, Boromir or Aragon?

best boromir would hand aragorn his ass

he's more magua than roland

Aragorn would beat Boromir but it would be close. Boromir beats him in raw strength but Aragorn is more patient, older and wiser in battle. Basically Anakin vs Obi-Wan.

I'm not sure how I feel about comparing Boromir to Anakin, even if I get your point

All of them user. All of them.

Aragorn was a competent fighter, Boromir was literally the best man in Gondor, the last great human country. His brother may have been of purer and grander heart, but of might, none could stand to Boromir.

that's a lot of uruks

Well if you take their stats as they were in the fellowship, Boromir has 6 might and 6 armour because of his shield but has no fate. While Aragorn has armour 5, 3 might + 1 for free every turn and 3 fate. So Boromir would spend his might in the first 2-3 turns to land wounds on Aragorn. Aragorn will probably survive by spending all his fate points. As soon as Boromir runs out of fate he looses, since Aragorn still gets his free might every turn.

In their strongest configurations, Aragorn after the Battle on the Pellenor fields and Boromir at the retaking of Osgiliath, Aragorn wins because of anduril.

But Obi-Wan is a superior jedi to Anakin.

Whatever the fuck Merry/Pippin is doing behind that rock, Pippin/Merry looks pretty pretty focused on it.

Boromir is a fucking rape machine.
He is the physical incarnation of old Numenoreans as super-humans, whilst Aragorn is the incarnation of Numenoreans as wise leaders.

He travelled halfway to Rivendell from Gondor by himself on foot after his horse died.
He fought off roughly 100 orcs defending Merry and Pippin, though he did die.
He's explicitly described as the mightiest of the Fellowship.

He is supposed to be the best fighter. The author uses his death as another way to drive home his narrative that there is more to being a defender of what is good than just being a strong fighter.

Sauron

And yet he'd still loose. Only because he's played by Sean Bean and Sean Bean ALWAYS FUCKING DIE

Aragorn as stated has literally decades of experience on him though and could probably play him like a fiddle

it isn't necessarily the strongest who wins a fight

But that's wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=A26IdI5KNb8

you wouldnt need a question there, you're asking a topic. It would be " I'll take Tolkien for 200 Alex" with an answer of "What is Tolkien's usual writing style?"

>goes game rule sperg
>doesnt even get it right

Osgiliath boromir would ruin Aragorn due to his Fight 7, auto-winning any ties. Every fight, thats a straight up 50% chance of just flipping off aragorn and his free might.

I don't know user, lets find out

boromir.toolness.org/

I was hoping he'd have a death scene in his role as the Civ 6 narrator.

He looked and acted like Han Solo.

Exactly.

Only with plot armour
Boromir was the better fighter, sorry m8. It's the point of his character's corruption and Aragorn's rejection of the ring.

Also capable of deflecting arrows?

youtube.com/watch?v=vDN1sA3Fpqg

If you're going to be snarky and pedantic at least get it right. The answer would be more like "This is Tolkien's writing style"

The irony is not lost on me.

Fuck you, Carlooooooooos!

Tolkien was rarely specific about mystic stuff, just with bloodlines, timelines, geography and such.

I dunno, we might not actually fight him. He's a cool dude. He can come by and knock out a few beers whenever he wants.

That the Maiar were unable to go all out, and not just unwilling due to theirs and Manwe's promises, seems to fit with their colour coding and ranks: your rank decides how much power you're able to use, due to the part you're meant to play and how much wisdom and discretion you're believed to possess.

>Boromir was the better fighter, sorry m8. It's the point of his character's corruption and Aragorn's rejection of the ring.
What? No, it isn't, the point is that the Ring can corrupt almost anyone, and almost nobody can be trusted with it, not to make melee strength comparisons.

>Weary from battle, Boromir staggers for a moment...
>The orc drives his mace and chain into Boromir's eyes for 11 damage!
>Boromir has been killed!
Ow shit, fuck, no. That's not how it's supposed to go down.