It's another "chaos is unstoppable and wins again because _____" 40k fanfiction

>It's another "chaos is unstoppable and wins again because _____" 40k fanfiction

At this point I'd sooner give Deviantart the right to write for the 40k license.

So because Chaos one for once you decided to pour 20 pounds of salt up your ass?

>for once

Boy, they've been dominating Fantasy and 40,000 for 12+ years now.

Make your mind up you sad chaos fanboy edgelord, either Abaddon has succeeded and every Crusade was a success or it wasn't.

>Boy, they've been dominating Fantasy and 40,000 for 12+ years now.

Hardly. They didn't win anything important in either setting. Only when it comes time to shake things up and change the status quo do they achieve anything.

His past crusades were a success but they've never meant anything through the view of the current setting. They've always just been historical knick nacks.

You mean apart from the fact he didn't win, he threw away thousands of marines needlessly and got himself shanked by a powered down woman?

>they always win!!!
>haha got stabbed by a gurl.

If anything Chaos is just very inconsistent. Sometimes they're weak and big failures, other times they're anime DBZ fanfic levels of overpowered. Example: the Emperor's spirit is in the Warp fighting off Daemons. He's so powerful that all the Chaos Gods except Tzeentch are scared of him, and he keeps their daemons at bay. Sometimes. Other times it's like he's not even there, they forget about the Emperor, and their daemons just appear anywhere in any number for plot convenience.

>Is Abbadon a total failure or a tactical god?
It depends on how the writers are feeling.

>Is Chaos rampaging in the Imperium or is it being fought back?
It depends on how the writers are feeling.

There are so many retcons and unexplained fluff changes that the writers push out, the majority involving Chaos, that it becomes a pain in the ass to follow, let alone make sense of any of it.

>mfw they justify this because "lol chaos so random xD"

Here is the issue, none of abaddon's wins feel like it's because he became anymore compitent, they feel like they happened because the writers said so, this is a problem with chaos as a whole, they are written as a bunch of all mighty morons, which isn't bad in itself as it balances their rediculous power, but it's never allowed to affect their preformance when the chips are down as it should

hit the nail on the head

Chaos has a lot of weaknesses, biggest being they're all total fuckheads who hate each other and have their own agendas. They're not too smart and infight all the time

until the plot needs advanced, in which they become mastermind strategists who love each other and contribute all their power to a single purpose. Why? Because the interns writing 40k's fluff said so.

Almost like they're unpredictable and chaotic. Weird.

>lol chaos so random xD

I dont understand how Chaos destroying Cadia is a 'win'. They just destroyed the only safe passage out of the Eye, literally fucking themselves harder then ever.

If you think ADB will let Chaos have any inconveniences, you're in for a nasty shock

>evil must be rational maximizer in linear patterns or it breaks my autism
>XD

4srs tho if you can't handle the idea that a widely diverse and non-unified group of millions across actual hellholes with mixed time streams and daemonic influence being sometimes more organized than others, you might have problems.

If you think I care what ADB thinks, you're in for a shock.

Cadia was so important for a reason, and no it wasnt just the pylons, its what the pylons allowed. You cant just exit the eye whereever you want, you end up scattering through time/space.

Now that Cadia is gone any new crusades are fucked.

>until the plot needs advanced, in which they become mastermind strategists who love each other and contribute all their power to a single purpose. Why?

Because a powerful champion unites them.
This is always the case.

>Now that Cadia is gone any new crusades are fucked.

No, now the Eye of Terror is free to spread.
The Legions can bring hell with them.

Eat shit loyalists.

>It's another "chaos bias is real faggot who got triggered by Black Library and now thinks Chaos is being portrayed as good guys because the win sometimes" 40k post

The Eye isnt going to expand to Terra by itself and it doesnt mean they can exit it safely so my point still stands.

>bawww the Imperium isn't an untouchable wankpile

Cry me a river.

The Imperium only survives because its enemies are even more retarded.

>The Eye isnt going to expand to Terra by itself

Yes it is.
Now Abaddon is in race against time.
Either he can conquer terror or the Eye will consume the galaxy.

>bawww the Imperium shouldn't lost because it's a wankfest but Chaos should win because it's my favorite wankfest

>* Imperium shouldn't win

Can't read that writing

>Now that Cadia is gone any new crusades are fucked
not like they care all that much, this is the end it all go for the throat crusade, there isn't a 14th crusade.

The Imperium wins all the time.

And gets a million codices every year.

Fuck off you idiot.

>Yes it is.
You're retarded.

>You're retarded.

No. Abaddon confirms this in fall of Cadia.
It's possible that the Crimson path will destroy the galaxy before he can conquer Terra.

Stop being an idiot. I specifically said
>The Eye isnt going to expand to Terra by itself
figure out how the Crimson path isnt by itself then dont breed.

>The Imperium wins all the time.

>Armageddon I
>Armageddon II: Electric Orkaboo
>Armageddon III: Here We Go Again
>The Gothic Campaigns
>Black Crusades 1 through 12
>The Battle of Fenris
>The Macharian Crusade
>The Horus Fucking Heresy

Let's not even bring up the literally thousands of instances where Marines win against ridiculous odds that they should never triumph over. The Imperium gets by far the most victories in fluff.

Eat shit, loyalist fag.

The emperi didn't want it anyway, necron infested, next to the eye of terror, the imprium's ingenius misinformation campaign to convince chaos it was importaint went off without a hitch, grinding countless chaos forces into it each time until they finally destroyed it as was always intended, along with all the heretics on it

Phyrric victories are hardly something to brag about.

...Every victory in 40K is fucking Pyrrhic.

Abaddon's victory at Cadia was too. He lost fucktons. Both the main human factions in 40K win by smashing men against one another until they run out of bodies or one of them gets too tired to smoosh more dudes into the grinder and calls it.

>They didn't win anything important in either setting.
>Destroyed fantasy
It's like you don't want to be taken seriously

I don't see how getting rid of the Cadian pylon is a phyrric. Even if the Eye of Terror was pushed back it will just start expanding again without limits.

Because just like every Black Crusade before it his losses were gigantic. Likely even more than the Imperium in some cases. The only reason he can even keep going is because each Crusade corrupts a few million followers to slightly offset the billions he loses.

I'd be all for legit Chaos antagonists, but mostly we get Skeletor-tier Saturday morning cartoon villains with a coat of grimdark paint slapped on.

The fuck? Cohere your shit, son.

this guy gets it
>for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods

Its not like the imperium wins, or the forces of chaos, that's not the point.

Dude, there was a large portion of the Crusade on Cadia when he dropped a Blackstone Fortress on it. His losses in terms of actual military might were colossal.

Abaddon himself barely got off the planet in time.

do this

This isn't canon anymore.
The "one stable warp path" thing has been dropped.

The Eye expanding arguably makes up for any losses since it means daemons can manifest more easily. Abaddon realizes that this was Horus' mistake and is the whole reason for the Crimson Path. The downside is that he seemingly has to make sure that he still has enough mortals under his command because if its more daemons then he is in a losing position.

>i said so
>vs nu-cannon reference.
Gg dumbass.

>This isn't canon anymore.
Show me where it says this isnt the case?