Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Dust off the archives edition

New thunderhawk of some type sub edition

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buachaille_Etive_Mòr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>New thunderhawk of some type sub edition

what makes it different user? I'm a scrub.

The tail fin is taller and lacks the attitude control fins thingies.

This was on my doorstep when I came back from lunch.

the wing mounting, nose, and cockpit are different too, as well as additional details on the side

cover/thing looks nice, troll or real.

Hey, nice summary!

Relatively new to 30k, I heard somewhere the D rule operates differently in 30k, is that still the case or is that from before the updates?

that was an optional rule from 6th where D was far more powerful
now you just use the 7th D rules

The optional D rule was made in the first books before 7th changed D. It doesn't appear in newer books, like the red ones.

And what is it sorry? XV is TSons...

mmmmm feelsgoodman

The styling is more similar to that of the Stormbird model... might be fair to call it a Sokar-pattern Thunderhawk.

But it could just be a photoshop of the Stormbird image.

It's a trap.

The LE Magnus Novella.

First 15 pages and already there's a crowbarred in reference to Edgar Allen Poe's 'The Raven.' McNeil's on form I see.

oooooh shit that's amazing!

the Transporter has gone missing from the ForgeWorld website. . .

I wasn't in the last one; You're lucky you got a thread at all

>McNeil
Good luck.

Ive beeb watching these on Ebay, considered picking myself up one.

Sadly I am building blackshields, no room for the 1K sons anymore.

>I wasn't in the last one
Yeah, I can see
> You're lucky you got a thread at all
My saviour.

The Wrath of Magnus?

And here they are!!!

That's nice. What are they?

Turns out the Terran Iron Warriors were from Scotland. Forrix mentioned that he was born in a town on the slopes of this mountain.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buachaille_Etive_Mòr

Black Shields. I'm going for an aged ill kept force look.

I have another twenty assembled that need to be primed and basecoated.

Can you tell that the value of this bronze is different from warlock bronze?

The top dollop has FIFTEEN drops of Magnus the Red tint in it. I had though that the purple being a complimentary color and all would be a smudge more noticeable.

In the grim darkness of the future, there is only Scotsmen?

Das false tho

Dg are scot

Iw are gun tribes of sekamrek

Ih are teh texans

It really triggers my autism, I feel like the value of the rightmost pot (with Magnus the Red tint) is muddled and or muted. The sheen is different. But for the life of me I can't quite discern if the VALUE has changed at all.

>Autism intensifies

The difference is so negligible even Data wouldn't find it remarkable.

Thats it user. Now you have done it

Here I assumed two thirds of every planet in the Imperium was space Australia.

But GW hates Australia. Despises them with a passion.

Relax, user. Take a deep breathe, get some fresh air, and think about how you could be learning Finnish.

For science.

Finns are odd creatures.

It's a shame Dad treats our best brother so cruelly.
Do you know what kalsarikännit means?

M A D M A N

No I don't speak Finnish or English.

Not sure if this is the first time, but it's interesting to see what I'm guessing is a ship hanger.

It means Drinking by yourself at your house in your underwear with no intention of going out. That's an actual term.

After the Unification, later in the Great Crusade, I think recruitment became less local.

I can see it too, but only if I see them next to each other and stare really hard. It's not going to matter.

It looks promising.

Did someone say Retribution?

My cock is harder than steel.

Am most please. Will be ordering more. Halp GW support, need more tint HALP.

>Can you tell that the value of this bronze is different from warlock bronze?
Barely, and only because your comment biased me.
AAAAAAH

I assume it's some sort of social-induced shyness?
I mean, I think of myself as shy, but it seems I'd look like a damn party monster in Finland.

It's a cultural thing plus they have a depressing history. I don't see how they have sex without being drunk or asexual reproduction but I'm going to go with fragmentation. I don't think they have FLGS in Finland either.

That's just scary and sad, user.
Except the pet poisoner one. I could understand that one, which doesn't mean I agree with him.

I don't think that one could happen to me because I'm paranoid and would expect it. Not to mention I have no pets.

Does warhammer has pets besides dogs and cats?

Finnish autism is only matched by Germanic autism. Never nationalize your autism.
>I don't think that one could happen to me because I'm paranoid and would expect it. Not to mention I have no pets.
>paranoid and would expect it
Wow mang. That's some DA/NL/IW level of paranoia.
>Does warhammer has pets besides dogs and cats
Jago had his crows.

...how is the pet one the only one you can understand?

Eldar psychic cats. The Imperium has them as well.

Our neighbour had a fuckton of cats. He didn't sterilizer his cat and she had several litters, or whatever a kitten batch is called.
So cats were everywhere, and they'd sneak into the garage (open, protected by a metal gate) and pee nearby. Ugly smell.

So mother placed a poisoned sausage inside the garage, as such, not in the freeway but rather inside our property.

The cat sneak in, ate it, and died outside of it.

It was like one of those ANCAP gags...but it worked. Cats didn't sneak into our garage anymore, and we were piss-free.

>That's some DA/NL/IW level of paranoia.
Naaaaah. That's me on a regular day.
On a tense day I fucking look at all sides at once. You see, I played team fortress 2, and my paranoia meant spies would never backstab me, unless I was busy killing his team.
I would spycheck with a rocket launcher.

Also, yeah I like the IW.

Al, it sounds like you and I have the same idea when it comes to TF2.

WTF how do you know it's me!
And yeah, hate them spies.
But mostly because I could never play as a decent spy, even though I had that MGS-Snake's hair hat.

Srsly, no spy can fool me.

Why would you leave a garage open?

But yeah, not sterilising a cat that goes outside is being a poor owner.

At least the IW have actual cause to be paranoid, both genetically and from their angry dad - speaking of, has anyone used a Beep Boop as a Preator bodyguard?

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

>WTF how do you know it's me!
Psychic powers as I have said before.
>But mostly because I could never play as a decent spy, even though I had that MGS-Snake's hair hat.
I'm somewhat mediocre at it but I'm not that bad.

But I wanted to be gud, nor merely not-bad.
>tfw highest point score I got was with the engie and it was a fucking boring game.
No, I'm telling you it's an iron gate. Like, metal bars and stuff. Cats simply went through it.

Same here. The best class I can pull off is Heavy on MvM. Get me a Brass Beast and crush those beep boops.

Try having a neighbour that doesn't sterilze her cat, letting it have a litter each year whilst having a dog yourself. I spend half a year battling fleas to keep them from eating my dog alive.

And then there's also the issue of the dog, despite being extremely friendly to people and other dogs, instantly goes into lethalit hunt and kill mode the instant he sees or smells an animal smaller than himself. Not in an agressive way, he just goes after it and when succesfully pouncing on the animal in question (duck, rabbit, rat, mouse, cat, you name it) just one bite to the neck and boom, instakill. Never managed to stop my dog from doing that, but thankfully as he got older he got too slow to catch most fleeing animals. However, you can guess what happend one time when the kittens were in my garden again and one didn't get away fast enough...

That sounds great.
Sadly dogs smell bad, not to mention their peeing and pooping habits.
And cats have toxoplasmosis, which I think it's an incurable disease that makes you effeminated or something like that, I don't remember.
Too bad, cats look nice.

To keep animals and bugs away from your property including scorpions :^) use apple vinegar. Their heightened senses/stupid lung-lacking bodies make vinegar unbearable to them.

White Scars do falconry. Does any legion besides them and the Wolves keeps animals as pets/companions/hunting aids?

Like Sevatar's crows, I suppose? It's strange, I thought it would be the Raven Guard the one with crows.

Thousand Sons kinda had warp pets when you think about it.

The probably have mindoplasmosis warpii. A scary thought. Literally.

Did Aspect Warriors exist in 30k?

I have a 1,000 pt Zone Mortalis game (this dude is bringing his custom board and it is sweeeeeet) this weekend but I don't want to bring them if it's not fluffy

Yes. Craftworlds were getting the fuck out before the Fall actually happend, and the Phoenix Lords were trained during the last part of it. And there are multiple examples of Aspect warriors showing up during the HH in BL novels

Maybe. In 30k, the Eldar had just recently fallen, and so it is a possibility, unless they were a later thing?

Were Aspect Warri

>Adding pigment to a base paint

Why would you do that?

Cool. Thoughts on this list then?

HQ
>Spiritseer
Troops
>10 Dire Avengers
>10 Dire Avengers
>10 Dire Avengers
Elites
>5 Fire Dragons
>5 Fire Dragons
Fast Attack
>8 Swooping Hawks, 1 Exarch
>8 Swooping Hawks, 1 Exarch

As long as I don't face a Leviathan I'm pretty cool. Should I maybe give the Hawk Exarchs the special AP3 guns and drop a guy?

I don't think this is too overpowered considering what all is available, but either way thanks.

They were. I'd recommend trying corsairs howrver. They seem to fit into 30k a bit better. Rules wise.

Is it just me or do the traitor Primarchs mental conditions get really overlooked.

>Konrad Curze had visions of the Imperium falling to ruin since he first met the Emperor

>Perturabo constantly saw the Eye of Terror watching him since he was still young

I feel like when talking about these two Primarchs, these facts are mostly glossed over.

How should I equip my NL tarts? Since they can sweep and run, I want them to be my assaulty shock troops, but I'm not sure if I should go ham on the Claws or add in a fist. Also, not sure what heavy weapon they'd want. They'll be deep striking, most likely if it matters.

volkite and claws, use the talent for murder rule to blender sweep larger units.

>are mostly glossed over.

Not really, they are so ingrained in their personas that you think they're not seen but they are their defining characteristics. Perturarbo is paranoid because the eye is constantly looking at him, therefore he sees any small slight as a complete offense and his grim tasks as being shoved into the dirt as others gain glory which in turn makes him force his legion to work at max efficiency at the cost of its humanity. Curze is always seeing people dying in gruesome ways and visions of dark futures to come and the only thing he knows is murder; Hungry? Murder, Justice? Murder, Dreams? Murder, His legion? Murder, Got a problem? Fucking murder, he's crippled because all his tools are lighting claws and he has all these problems that he cant fix with them and no one is willing to listen so he keeps being who he is, an insane murderer that just keeps going crazier.

TFM on the bulk was definitely the idea, yea. So they all get Volkite or do I run some double claw?

Iirc, Pert actually tried to speak with Ferrus about it, wondering if his own eyes could see it as well. Ferrus gave an uninterested grunt and left. Pert never spoke of it again.

So Curze is like that one guy chanting and raving about the end of the world, except he was right all along, yet hoped he would never be right in the first place?

>Perturarbo is paranoid because the eye is constantly looking at him
Naaah. He just trusts no one, mainly because he barely trusts himself.

I do wonder about Curze's visions.
Imagine if he saw things as they were going to be.
If he saw Horus as a void.
If he saw the Emperor as a rotten skeleton.

Why the fuck does BoP only come with a single Volkite Charger?

Because GW wanted to piss you off, and just you in particular

Reheating leftovers and rations. Melta's overcook them and flamers char the outside and leave them tasting like hydrocarbons (which to guardsmen usually tastes better than the rations.)

looks like a stormbird to me.

Someone posted this closer pic in the previous thread. It's definitely a Thunder Hawk, but there's a few slight differences like the nose shape and fin on the back that are giving people the impression that it's a new design of Thunder Hawk

McNeil loves the IW with all his pee-pee, this isn't too surprising, and not the first time.
No IW, but The Last Church is set on the Isle of Skye, in Scotland.

So what am I to do for Volkite on my termies?

Looks like a CAD design pasta'd into the picture... Maybe a WIP ? A new Thunderhawk kit wouldn't be bad, the current one aged rather poorly

gee, i dunno
maybe buy a set of volkite chargers from fw

>Order volkites from FW
>Recast that one volkite
>Trade bits with others for it
>Buy as many BoP as you need volkites

Pick one to your liking

Are you trying to make Lernean or something? If so, have fun. That's a ton of cash money to kit out five guys even if you don't get the Cataphractii AL shoulder guards.

They're for a NL Tartaros murder squad. Catas aren't sneaky enough. They get the heavy shit.

People are praying for it to be a plastic kit, but I doubt GW themselves would go that far. It'd be nice to get a new THawk regardless, the current one has been out almost as long as FW has been functioning.

I distinctly recall people saying the same thing about a Plastic Baneblade back in the day, and look where we are now.

LOL, sure, like GW would give the CAD of an models still in developmetn to FW just to use it in a picture.

People really are desperate for that plastic thunderhawk. Would be nice if it happend, but before I am assembling one personally I won't believe any rumours or hints about it.

Any news of Tyrant Seige terminator minis or upgrade kits?

no

Never, why ask?

This site has trained me to think you were going to complain about an OP board some guy kept bringing, and how to list tailor to defeat it...

I need more sleep...

Chymarie Blackshields, attempt 2. Hopefully less autism.

Should I cut the headspike down? Up close it looks weird but at a distance I think its actually better. Not sure though.

Shoulder pads y/n?

Is the arm pose decent?

That's a Gal Vorbak.

I thought about getting Gal Vorbak for this but >$61 per 5