/btg/ Battletech General!

---------------------------------

Fun in the cold edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: =================================

BattleTech video-game pre-alpha gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megameklab.sourceforge.net/

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5
NEW! - Against the Bot pastebin updated link:
bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,40948.0.html
NEW! - Mediafire link for the most current AtB rule set: mediafire.com/file/dyjdl62htdpbfgy/rules_2.30.xls

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (Still getting worked on & now has 10735 pics!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord server, etc.) Last updated 2017-01-27!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pn0MenBcz_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Praise Blake!

Any news yet on the HBS closed beta? It's supposed to be sometime between end of january and beginning of march.

We just have that one video in the copy pasta for the threads, right? Has anything been posted on their you tube channel lately?

First for Ghost Bears are put upon equipment wise, and the Nova Cats get better gear.

IT IS RIGHT TO PRAISE HIM

Reminder that the new Comgaurd is dead because Tucker Harwell got a nerdboner for a female Knight of the Sphere.

Lets try something new.
Out of all the corporations in battletech, which one would you say is your favorite?

Wat

Quikscell

>the new Comgaurd

Was an organization with numbered days anyway given the Republic's stance on them.

u wot m8

They were a splinter group willingly sacrificed to keep the Republic off the trail of Blake's truly faithful.

Double blind.

>he doesn't know

>the Nova Cats get better gear
How many Leviathans did they get?

Please do, would love to see how it comes out.

>the Nova Cats get better gear.

Barely, and even that's debateable. Ghost Bear battle armour forces are particularly renowned. Either way it's outweighed by the huge size of the Bear Touman compared to the Cats. It's not like the Nova Cats have any Lev IIs either.

>given the Republic's stance on them.

You mean the stance where Levin was like "Cool bro. Hold Australia and the US for us while we're murdering nobles and senators."

And Precentor New Earth was all "Sure bro. We got your back."

Defiance Industries. Mostly because they make some of my absolute favourite mechs and weapons.

Irian BattleMechs Unlimited

The Thane is a mech of peace, stop trying to bully it.

What is life like on Terra, anyway? Is it just continents with a unified world culture, or is there still recognition of the territory of former nations even though there was a world government since like the 2100s?

He falls in puppy love with the Knight assigned to protect the operation on Wyatt, and that's why they got found later on Freedom Station.

Dude needed to get laid, bad. Sad thing is, his sister would have obliged. She was on that like Katherine on VSD.

Gilmour MilTech

>It's not like the Nova Cats have any Lev IIs either.

But the Bears lost two Leviathan IIs and the Nova Cats lost zero Leviathan IIs.

It is thus empirically demonstrated that the authors continuously shit on the Ghost Bears and unfairly favour the Nova Cats.

In the Dark Age it's mostly rebuilt. There's not a lot of big old cities left after Amaris, Odysseus and SCOUR. Even some of the comstar boys comment on how looking at offworld places a few hundred years old is totally different.

Culture is still pretty varied, but Terra is a very insular place. A few hundred years of peaceful isolation only to get bombed off the map by your "liberators" will do that to a world. The world is more like the EU or NATO writ large over the planet than a singular culture or state.

There's a Touring Terra section in the back of JHS:Terra as well

Irian. Why choose between Shadowrun and BT, when you can have both?

What about succession wars era?

Vengeance Incorporated, there's just something really interesting about Pirates running a company.

Also Brigand and Privateer

Best descriptions of that are probably in the Warrior Trilogy when all the Successor Lords go to Terra for the wedding.

Is there any way to tell what sort of mechs a regiment has?

Like... the exact chassis and variant? No, they haven't done phonebook TO&Es for years.

No, just, does a regiment use light mechs, does it have a lot of Wolverines, does it take any mech as long as it can jump, etc.

Virtually nothing has been written about that. Some of the early faction books of the 3025-3050 era has a little but nothing modern does.

Quikscell, of course.

More specifically, I checked and the pre FCCW Field Manual books has a bit of specific info, saying that one regiment has a lot of new tech with malestroms and cestuses, one regiment fields some bushwackers, this infantry regiment has two platoons of fenrirs, this regiment is mostly heavy and assault mechs, this tank regiment has high tech stuff like Challenger Xs

But capellans never got a field manual book, and nothing past the FCCW goes into any kind of detail.

Thanks. Was hoping to find such info for the DA, but oh well.

>But capellans never got a field manual book, and nothing past the FCCW goes into any kind of detail.
What? The Capellans certainly did get a Field Manual.

Yeah, that's right. I got mixed up.

What happened is that it was Kurita, not Liao. And it was the Handbook series, not Field Manual. But it looks like in 2015 handbook kurita actually did finally get released, with the first handbook being literally in 2004.

Battletech timeskipped right past the dark ages, is now in 3150 post dark age.

Yeah, nah. It's still the Dark Age, since the HPGs are down. And we've gotten a huge amount of material for the DA, even if most of it's crap.

Kong Interstellar Corporation because they make the Black Knight

I need a name for a FedSuns cadet. What you got, /btg/?

Norse-Storm, accept no substitutes.

William Whitmore.

Joshua DeBoe sounds suitably pretentious enough for a Feddie, especially with the extra capitalization in the last name.

John "Gwai Lo" Smith.

Illiterate McDirtfarmer

oi u cheeky fucker i'll hook u inna gabber

Jayesh Hasek-Rajit
Tex Bloodgood
Frans Bonaparte
Hirohito Ai

There. One from every March.

Speaking of the Black Knight, how are the Dark Age variants? Been meaning to try them out, how does the shield work out, should I rip it off for more sinks/armor?

>how are the Dark Age variants?
Main one is so expensive you might as well take a regular Clan mech. But it's an effective machine.

Some of the others have to mirror some of the pants-on-head clicktech ones and are far more shit.

The one with the shield is fine, Feddies are just mad it didn't have even more Clan lasers on it.

Which is pretty much their complaint about all their 3145 stuff really.

I didn't know you were bilingual, Muninn. So aside from English and what I presume is Chav, do you speak anything else?

>their 3145 stuff

Once we took Robinson, it really became OUR stuff.

>he thinks he'll be allowed to keep it

How long you been playing Drac, mang?

Shhhhh. Just let me pretend for a little while.

But mostly I was pointing out that at this point, the Dracs have had that variant line as long as the Fedrats did. NT-5H premiered in 3138 and the Dracs have held the march capital since 3144.

Spanish, bits and bobs of French, German, Russian, etc.

Oh, and Redneck.

So is A Time of War as bad as I've heard?

It's "Boganese" where you are, m8.

It's fuckin crunchy bro. Tables upon tables. It could be worse (looking at you, Shadowrun), but it can be obtuse to learn without guidance. Also, somehow the combat is more dice and modifiers crunchy than actual tabletop play. It's good for options though, and works reasonably well with IntOps and shit. I don't recommend playing strictly by the book though.

I don't speak Bogan, I can only sort of understand it.

>mechwarriors do it in the cockpit

L-lewd...

So hack it for Fate is what you're saying.

If I knew what Fate was, sure. I basically roll similar to how Tyler does with Death From Above - I try to go more for story/gameplay flow than getting bogged down in fucking 50+ pages of tables.

How's the Anzu? Anyone used it?

It's OK. I wish it had dropped a ton of UAC10 ammo or the TAG for another ERML or something, or both and the capacitor for another LPPC or ERLL, or...

That being said, I do have a weird fondness for it, and will happily field a lance of three G60s and one G70. Pretty good value for the BV imo.

It's a generic RPG that's system-light with low complexity. There's probably a hack for mechwarrior already.

The one thing I do like about the whole AToW/IntOps/TacOps/etc. is that if your players want to do something silly or obscure, there's probably a rule for it, which can give the players a bit more comfort that you're not just pulling a target number or roll out of your ass. It's just that I ignore it most of the time. Also, house rule of nat 12 is auto-success.

That's one of the plusses of a crunch-heavy game. In FATE the basic assumption is that the GM is pulling absolutely everything out of his ass, so you kind of just roll with it.

ComStar

I guess we were asking for that one, weren't we.

So, how long you reckon it'll be til Randall is making not-so-subtle jabs at Trump in BT products?

Pretty sure as soon as that nigger semen worshipping mongoloid gets around to forcing Catalyst to rewrite Stefan Amaris he'll make that character into a not-so-subtle space Trump.

bette question is why should we care?

Because every single attempt to hamfist in how much somebody hates Trump or Not-Trump into some fantasy work that most people would rather you didn't do it in turns out facepalmingly terrible.

Particularly comicbooks lately, good god.

Any boxed set news?

The bush administration gave us the star wars prequels.

Well if we are going this route, the Obongo-bongo administration gave us the new Ghostbusters film.

And the Green Lantern movie.

Because message fiction is universally atrocious. Combine that with genre fiction, and we're utterly fucked.

What's the recommended way to make a TO&E for a regiment, at the individual mech level?

What would an AU where the FWL actually got to use its Jihad-era fleet, instead of having it all stolen or forgotten, look like?

How are new mechs born?

Newb Question. Is the Grey Death Legion the only Mercenary group loyal to the Lyrans or are/could there possibly be more?

I like to write my own fiction for my games, such as my 189th Cadian Grenadiers for 40k, and have their story evolve with each game I play. I want to do something like that for Battletech and I already have a paint scheme in mind, blue with the left arm, or equivalent, painted gold and yellow for the windows with an iron color for the weapons. However, I think it might be a bit cheese to have them just be some unheard of branch of the LCAF and it might be more reasonable to make them Lyran loyal Mercenaries instead.

I meant cheesy, not cheese.

They are born from eggs like Pokemon and leveled up by trainers called test pilots.

Rifleman or Jagermech?

Kong Interstellar is a religion of peace.

Wrong thread you memester nignog

>ask box set question
>rapid fire inane posts follow

catalyst plz

There really isn't one. Roll up RATs, note each pilot and move on.

They could be a long serving mercenary unit for the Lyran Commonwealth, but the length of time is the bigger issue. Anything older than 3000 and bigger than say... a battalion would have popped up in the history books as significant, unless they served on the Anti-Spinward Periphery Border.

Of the two, the RFL is better for fighting other heavy combat units.

Not by much, but still.

>Well if we are going this route
George Lucas even named Nute Gunray after Newt Gingrich.
I'm not just saying it like that. It was in connection to people adding political commentary to their creative works as per

Here's a content creation challenge I haven't seen before:

Create a new brigade for your favorite faction

>Lyran Uhlans
>this brigade was formed in an attempt to address the traditional shortcomings of the Lyran military
>Taking inspiration from their Clan neighbors, each officer must be from a common background and pass a series of trials before assuming command of a lance. Promotion to higher ranks may only occur after successful lance leadership
>the brigade focuses on faster, lighter mechs (although being Lyran, this includes many fast mediums and the occasional fast cavalry heavy) and more maneuver tactics
>Only two regiments in the brigade at present, the 1st Bolan Uhlans and the 2nd Arcturan Uhlans

Just watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=pn0MenBcz_s

And I was wondering if anyone had ever checked out any compilation of those concept sketches. Some of them looked like they might fit into BT pretty well

>There really isn't one. Roll up RATs, note each pilot and move on.

Sorry, I mean actually tracking and representing the TO&E, not picking the units that go into it

Riflemech

What's the difference in the way the different Houses handle combined arms? I know the Feddies and Lyrans have RCTs and LCTs, I know the Capellans have augmented lances, I know the FWL apparently like combined arms, and the Dracs don't care. But what practical differences are there when you're putting forces on the table or making up your units?

But there's only three marches...