WIP

Newwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Work in Progress thread.

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
>Currently Offline

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw [Open]

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU [Open]

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo [Open]
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/5-Space-Marine-Backpack-Rogue-Trader-Lot-Bits-Backpacks-Tan-/201709570730?hash=item2ef6d3caaa:g:L6sAAOSwa-dWqQow
ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40K-Space-Marines-ROGUE-TRADER-METAL-BACKPACK-Heresy-Citadel-/351903682464?hash=item51ef180fa0:g:CZAAAOSwA3dYJuph
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wips of some terrain im workin on

Looks promising.

Thanks I wanted to get that feel from Dark Souls when you fight Sif. I still have to add all the swords and stuff but this is a start.

I did some giant claw marks in the stone

Bah I used too much wash (this is my first model) and now there are ugly pools on some surfaces

Made the rest of the model look great, though

Set 2

Anyone know a good way to get a rust look to weapons? I saw the dnd pc from the last thread but they didnt explain how they did it

also last pic for now

what kind of foam is that?
looks more efficient than when i tried to scratchbuild stones out of greenstuff

Rolled harbingers from the space marine chart last thread. Gave it a try and man do I remember why I hate yellow. mediocre pic but not much could save this scheme.

Hate how unless its smooth as glass, every time i photograph yellow it looks rough in pic.

>what kind of foam is that?

Not that user, but it's pink foam insulation board. I used the same kind of product to do a base and a couple of small rises for my AoP a couple of years ago. You can cut it with a hot knife or hot wire foam cutter.

The yellow looks fine. It's not perfect, but it's passable. You really need to work on your washes, though. That is what is really pushing it to look bad.

This guy I got from home depo. Its 1 in thick and comes in 2x2 squares. It's really good if you want to make modular tiles for tables

pic is just a cool table for Kensai

it may be the yellow, but other washes I would consider being OK at if its another color, on this word bearer I did it looks a bit better.

Definitely not one of my strong suits though, so I'll be working on that more.

It's less noticeable in that mini, yeah, but it's still there. Best advice I can give is that if you are going to do a targeted wash, be sure to feather the wash into the main surface. Get a little wash on your brush, hit a small volume, rinse and wipe your brush, then pull the wash onto the main surface with the empty brush. Right where you would have that sharp, ugly coffee stain edge, touch the still-wet wash with a damp brush and pull it into the rest of the surface so it fades into the main color rather than being harsh and crappy.

I'll give that technique a go. Thanks for the tips user

Can anyone identify this snazzy mofo? Posted last thread and Google is useless.

That was my photo mate, and you better be quick, I'm not sure he has any left. Get into The Oldhammer Trading Company on Facebook and search for "Pirate soldier".

It was done by a guy who went for an interview with GW and sculpted that as his entry piece. He got the job but knocked it back for some moving country reasons, and so he has molds of that mini and offered to do a very limited run for those who wanted. Some people never went through with the purchase so he had some spare, but like I said better be quick.

Oh shit nevermind, I found the secret link to his limited stock on his website, no need for all that Facebook shit. But, I do recommend the Oldhammer Trading Co.

imbrianarts.com/resin_collection/pirate/index.html

I just got three square feet of this stuff out of the trash and I want to make it into bases but how should I go about doing it? I was thinking gluing one of the circles on the base and then filling in the gaps with greenstuff to make it all flat, keeping the edges indented to make it look like separate tilling. Should I put a plasticard background first?

Reposting for critique + suggestions on how to improve my wash

Good shit, my dude. May your hand stay steady and your inks unspilt.

you can get a nice rust dispersal with a bit of ryza rust on a q tip rolled along the area

Rorshach from the Batman miniatures game, working through the team

Skin user here

So i tried to fill the gaps retrospectively.

What do we think>? I'm a bit of a perfectionist so seeing these lumpy tumors really triggers me.

Is it better than the gap?

First painted model I've ever done. Hopefully it can come through alright since I have a shit camera and no lighting setup

Gun is ASS and will be fixed at a later date. Appreciate any other observations

>Perfectionist, was fine with big gaps

How did you try to fix it there? You could even have green stuffed the gaps post-painting and just painted over the putty. How many have you even painted with the gaps?

Actually now that I think about it the blue I picked is too saturated. I'm going to try again

What's the best method to strip a model of all its paint? I'm not going to do it now but once I get a color scheme I'm really in love with then I'll start again

Run a line of white mixed with your green in the middle of that recess, then again whiter, then whiter still until you're painting just white itself.

At te ment it doesn't look like its glowing, think lightsabers.

Posted in the Heresy General last night, but dropping here for C&C before I start on the remaining 29 dudes.

30k Death Guard with Dusk Raiders heraldry (right red arm) and silly head conversion. Obviously pads and white areas are going to be added later. Thoughts?

What strange names for yellow-green, green and blue-green.

how do you guys get the tip of your brushes so pointy???

Yes, the gaps are perfect, in a funny way.
What are you talking about? Thats exactly what i did.

don't, your first mini is precious.

Also, that's really well done.

No fancy pics when it is nearly mdnight.

Doing some DKoK grenadiers.

Life is pain. These fucking wires suck. Only 39 more to go.

I've worked with that material before, its great stuff for stone formations.

>johnny was rolled as imperial fists
fuck dude
also it didnt come with his "stock" backpack, would a mk3 or mk4 look fine

Rogue Trader backpacks are easy as hell to find and decently cheap. Just ebay 'em.
>ebay.com/itm/5-Space-Marine-Backpack-Rogue-Trader-Lot-Bits-Backpacks-Tan-/201709570730?hash=item2ef6d3caaa:g:L6sAAOSwa-dWqQow
>ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40K-Space-Marines-ROGUE-TRADER-METAL-BACKPACK-Heresy-Citadel-/351903682464?hash=item51ef180fa0:g:CZAAAOSwA3dYJuph

Clearly you've never been proposed to.

Forgot pic

The red is a nice compliment to the bone.

>estimated delivery
>feb 8th to 16th
f u c k
oh well i guess ill start painting my john boy soon, cant decide if i actually want to use that roll or just make him mantis warriors because ill actually USE him

It's a good fix, next time around try liquid GS or plastic glue before you paint.

Any thoughts on my first Night Lord? Not really popping, for me.

Follow your heart user, and you'll never go wrong.

I'm still torn on how to paint my Johnnys, so don't worry about being the only one here in that predicament. I know I want one in Flesh Tearers colors, but I'm not sure if I should paint him with the modern scheme or the old one. The other Johnny, if everything goes right, will be Flesh Eaters, complete with his own "KIL KIL KIL" markings.

Now if only I could git gud at painting a little faster so I can paint them up...

Pretty good user, but I can really only see one lightning bolt when in pic. You may want to add a few more. He looks pretty great otherwise though. Maybe a TAD too heavy of a wash, but that's more of a nitpick.

pretty much done with this Plaguebearer. I liked doing this guy, but next time I think I will add some crimson or purple - thinned down - around the boils first, to make them look more nasty. Maybe some more around the stomach-lining wound.

So then why is it all lumpy? You know you should be using water and some kind of plastic/metal tool with greenstuff, right?

My Lord of Plagues so far. I'm following Duncan's how to paint Putrid Blight Kings video for tips.

He's going to be going on a rock plinth overlooking a toxic swamp for the base. Thoughts so far?

first attempt at actually painting eyes

honest opinion, hh flesh tearers colour scheme is really nice. that candy ruby colour always gets me goin. but that black is a nice callback. i definitely see your issue

liquid gs shrinks and is not for gap filling, and plasticglue would not fix gaps of such magnitude

beats me

Thanks, I didn't want to go overboard with the lightning at first since I rarely see it done well

those are some damn good eyes.
nice ultramarine/crimson fist.

No it doesn't beat you, you obviously don't know how to greenstuff and you know you've made an error.

Jesus fuck I hate people like you who post stuff up for critique and then just fob off any and all criticism with this stuck-up attitude of "I can do no wrong".
>hey dude them seams
>haha it's okay the seams are okay
>no, you really should fix them
>hah look I fixed them they're blobby but I dunno what happened lol I totally didn't fuck up it's not my fault it's fine haha

While I normally agree that less is more, I feel like you could do it justice user. I'd say at least try the next guy with a little more inclement of weather.

i like it, friend, your skin looks amazing

how'd you paint that armor?

Thanks mate, I swear I can do everything but layering. I always get a mate to show me as I forget. I'll post updates as he carries along.

That's a sweet axe-head you've got there. How'd you do that?

Ok sperg, take a deep breath - do you actually know the meaning of the phrase 'beats me'?

It means 'i don't know'. Now read your first question again.

No, it's a fob off answer. Did you use water? Did you use a small, smooth tool?

No it means I don't know

You don't know what you did?

look, the other dude's being a bit of a cunt, but WIP is for improving as a painter

You are a retard then if you don't know what you used when applying the putty, and I cannot help you. Consequently fuck off.

Im trying to remember, I think it was just primed black and then a super heavy drybrush of mephiston red, and then a red wash, i think.
thanks, definitely the best part of the model. leadbelcher base, then stippled typhus corrosion around at random, then a light drybrush of ryza and then i think i washed it with agrax to bring the colours down a bit, then edge stippling with chainmail (i think its called ironbreaker now)

Make me :^)
I know, I enjoyed triggering him.
Have given it a second shot using a different ratio of Y:B, performing much better. Yes, I have a rubber tipped shaping tool

Yeah Ironbreaker. Nice use of Typhus and Ryza rust there, gives it that nice corrupted feel.

Do you have more Nurgle forces?

Mate, you're the one wanting help here. When I bring up a couple things newcomers might not now about, answering with "lol I dunno" and not actually clarifying whether you did those things or not doesn't help me, and then I can't help you. Something something don't bite the hand.

most of my nurgle forces pop up in every thread since theyre my current project and i post images at the drop of a hat, but yes, i have
5 blight kings
1 lord of plagues
start collecting demons of nurgle box
9 nurgling swarms
sayl+ nightmaw
and three plague toads which i'm very proud of

'Don't bite the hand that feeds you' appears to be another phrase your sperg brain does not have the capacity to comprehend.

Please, explain further. You're already not getting any more help from me so there's no more damage you can do.

What's an alternative to just pouring acrylic and thinner straight into the cup of my airbrush? Pouring it in doesn't give me enough control over the proportions, I feel, but I don't want to waste paint and thinner by decanting it and then decanting it again from the intermediate containers.

my babies. I mean the paint jobs nothing special, but they're probably the most fun models i've ever painted and theyre fun on the tabletop, they just hop around getting murdered by everything i suck at warhammer

Fuck yeah those blightkings look awesome. I've never seen blightoads before but they look sweet, I thought they were cute. Loving the Nihlak Oxide on the gear too, I think it's a great technical to use.

Do you get many games of AoS?

not many, I mostly only play with one friend at my house and he's often busy with uni, so i only play like, once every few months

i should really just grow a pair and go into a GW for a game.

'Why live' the face, right there.

I would man, I don't know where you are but at my local GW it's a blast, good guys and chill manager. You won't find out until you go in. It'd be a shame for such a cool army to sit alone forever.

Any tips for first time painters? (Besides thinning paints, apparently.)

Painting isn't a race. Taking time and care in painting your miniatures will pay dividends in the future rather than smashing the backside out of them to a less than average standard for the sake of it.

Not him, but look - part of giving critique is "giving" it. It's a fucking gift. You're not the Lord Director dictating to lesser mortals how to do shit. If people don't want your help, don't force it on them. You feeling asshurt because he's not showing due deference to your edicts from on high is at least as annoying as him not taking them seriously.

NORMIES
REEEEEEEEEE

Thin your fucking photos when you come back to show off your painted minis.

I know I'm not, but he's been just a dick about the whole situation. From the start he's just fobbed off advice, it took like at least 3 guys to convince him the gaps were unsightly, and now he's just slinging meme words at me for trying to point out his folly. He still won't admit to his failings, it's still just never his fault, and this is just an anonymous imageboard so the only thing I can do about someone I despise is to just stop giving him help. Literally nothing more I can do.

Just pour it in dude, no need for perfect ratios, you'll get used to how much you should put in over time.

But what about my autism?

Get dropper bottles. Make perfect mixes for your most used paints. Use them.

Yes, also this. I buy mine on aliexpress, 50 bottles for like 5$

How do you stop paint drying in the bottles?

Any molecule of wasted paint offends me. I am not a wealthy man.

I'd like to do some water on my base. Both puddles and running rivers. How best can I achieve that?

combination of resins and effect gels. there are various products to achieve that look for railroad models and other model companies.
vallejo has a still water for example.

Did some work on the opposing team to my orks as grabbing two calth boxes today so marines are all ill be doing for a month!

I don't know about the first steps but 'Ard Coat is the final step

Way cool, the color scheme is really inventive and better executed than 90% of Nurgz out there

Kek.

Love it, good job on the green stuff

Thanks! What sort of thing would I look up if I were to try and find those? I'm unsure where to start with just resin.

Pretty funny that GW has gotten into weird shit like oxidisation technicals with really for water. Aside form varnish.

What do you mean by paint drying in the bottles? Thats not a problem ever occured to me...

This. The outside edges of the block would probably look better with grey to white highlights also.