How do you use moths in your setting/games?

how do you use moths in your setting/games?

I don't cause they're shit. Any more questions?

Moon bus.

I had plans to include them, but I had to mothball them.

Cute moth people tribes if it's a comfy Fantasy game.
Not!-Luminoth from Metroid Prime 2 if it's a Sci Fi or straight up Metrpidgame.
Never did any of those but now that I think about it I'd like to run both of those.

A significant portion of the Fey in my setting have insectoid features. Moths are one of the many insects they may take the form of.

Well, whenever the concept pops up, people seem to flock to it like a flame.

>Not!-Luminoth from Metroid Prime 2 if it's a Sci Fi or straight up Metrpidgame

Why the fuck have I never thought of that. Thanks, user, you've given me a new race.

Fantasy demon fighter jets

fpbp

I don't and no one else does either. They just lie and say they do to post pictures of moth people. We have this thread so often that it's common and you don't need to make shit up to ask for a thread with moth people so everyone can post the same 12 moth people pictures.

Veeky Forums loves moth people.

I plan on incorporating the mothman in my next game as a dark spirit. Does that count?

t.butterfag

In several ways.

First, they're the totem animal of the Twilight-like clan of narcissist vampires who turn into moths as opposed to bats.

Then there are giant death's head moths, the dust from whose wings animates the dead, creating zombie infestations.

And there are also carnivorous moths who live in a jungle where the sunlight doesn't reach.

I make them fast as well as agile

Then do it, post more moth pics

Okay. but not because you told me to.

I genuinely have a homebrew race of mothpeople in my game though. One of the players wanted to import them from a different homebrew game he played in and I didn't have any issue with it as long as he asked permission from the guy who made them. So he did and they became a part of my setting as well.

Later on the person who originally made the race joined the game as a player as well and got to play his own homebrew race. It was a pretty bizarre scenario.

To answer OPs question, basically high elves of the setting. Tall, elitist, innately psionic, and seclusive. The biggest villain of the setting is one, has little to no regard towards the other races and thus feels like they are expendable in the name of scientific progress. The party has thrown the term "Moth Hitler" around a few times.

Larger version for you senpai

They're used to summon giant eagles.

But I did use moth people. Alongside bees, mantids, centipedes and beetles in a rigid caste system.

I KNOW THAT MOTH
THAT IS NOT A FRIENDLY MOTH

Always happy to be helping. What's the rest of your setting like?

In the 5e round-robin DM campaign I'm currently in moth people (called "The Mothra" because we're lazy) are the most populous and influential race in the city state we're based out of. They have extensive dealings with the wolf people to the northeast.

Yes, it's a bunch of furries playing D&D. It's pretty fun.

Why do you have a moth-people version of the cover art from "Wish You Were Here"?

moth bard in our group commissioned our friend who's an artist to do it, you'd have to ask him