Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What kind of SOCIAL martial options do you want to see in Spheres of Might? Where is my sphere for being cute and elegant?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/gq9dsp
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/rogue-talents/paizo---rogue-advanced-talents/rumormonger-ex
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is the best domain/mystery for a support cleric/oracle?

Party already has two good martials and two good spellcasters, so I don't need to worry about damage or tanking.

>Spheres of Might previews:
first for still narrow, fiddly garbage!

>Be Ehn Jolly
>copy-paste text of Diehard, Spring Attack, and other garbage feats
>masturbate furiously

>bawww its not pow 2 bawww

Because this thread is off to such a terrific start. Here's the thing that got made last thread

Here is the updated version of Bloodforge: Infusions: Esoteric Energies:
sendspace.com/file/gq9dsp

The only update is: "The ethumion race now has the same bonus feat favored class bonus option."

Of particular note in this document is the new Mixed Blood trait, which replaces the Mixed Blood feat from the original Bloodforge 1. It is now considerably easier to count as just about any type or subtype you desire, while gaining bonuses out of it. This means that you can pick up feats like Altered Life, Unnatural Vitality, Vestigial Wings, and/or Aerial Wings far more easily now.

If you enjoy this product, consider purchasing it on the Dreamscarred Press website when it becomes available there.

But being narrow, fiddly garbage without noncombat options is why people complain about PoW. SoM is shaping up to be PoW 2 exactly.

Huh, this is neat. They finally made the heritage feats work for most races instead of just planetouched?

It really isn't though. Talents are persistently being modified and added to allow more flexibility and out-of-combat utility.

Onryou is going to be a goldmine for Dorian art, isn't she.

Symmetrical boob to boob combat needs to be a thing.

It is. There's an anime specifically about it.

>he doesn't know about Keijo!!!!!!!!

No I mean I want mechanics

Oh sorry, I did not know you wanted more gems added to the game like this
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/rogue-talents/paizo---rogue-advanced-talents/rumormonger-ex

More stuff like that would be brilliant, yes.

Why? All you need is Unarmed Combat.

I fucking hate that kind of shit

It needs its own special subsystem.

No it doesn't!

Yes it does. It might be based on unarmed combat, but you could also crib things from the dueling rules from ultimate combat

Ok what do we need to take into account
breast shape
breast solidity
breast skin slippiness
chest muscles
inertia

People aren't going to be slapping people with their boobs unless it's on accident or rough sex!

im going to die

So, unchained barbarian can rage and gain barbarian levels, if he becomes lawful?

no

"Choose your weapon"

"Boobs! "

"I accept"

That sounds incredibly painful for her though.

Incredibly painful, or EXTREMELY painful?

For you? Either.

I like where this thread is going

>Bow
1d8 damage, free action reload
>Crossbow
2d6 damage, move action reload
>Gun
2d8 damage, full-round action reload

All other stats are identical. Thoughts?

Bows are still god.

Ok real talk
What does out of combat talents even mean
Do you just want bonus skill points?

A slight improvement?

People want spells without it counting as spells. They want to be able to bluff so hard they can teleport to be in two places at once.

>Bow
1d8 damage, free action reload
>Crossbow
2d8 damage, move action reload
>Gun
3d8 damage, full-round action reload

Is that better?

Where are the waterballoon stats?

Look at vigilante social talents, see how you can just fucking HAVE a hideout immune to scrying bullshit just show up in a place, solely because you said "yea i want to move it to this town"? Shit like that. Vigilante got it (almost) right.

No they don't you stupid asshole. Stop ruining Pathfinder.

Just wait until Spheres of Skill.

This General needs an SoS

That's what PoW and Skill unlocks are, you know.

Safe House and Ventriloquist are the only examples that fit your idea
Rest of them are just fiddling with fame

Skill tricks, some Ex wuxia shit, and maybe a bit of punchan utility.

I could legitimately argue that an extreme bluff could in certain circumstances function as a teleport, fluffed as "You think I was standing here this whole time, but IT WAS A TRICK! BAMBOOZLED AGAIN!"

That shit is too Gonzo

Ok so the teisatsu vigilante looks pretty damn good from where I'm standing. Is there some sort of hidden trap in there somewhere or is this a solid choice?
Main spotlights include monk ki powers which translate to access to abundant step and quiggong spells and a caster level for crafting shit.

Elaborate
Gimme specific examples

That's too chubby, you weirdo.

Bows outpace all of them at BAB6 at the LATEST:
Usually earlier though (rapid shot, haste, manyshot, or all three), and never looks back.

You have no understanding of how anything works.

>caster level

lolwut, pretty sure you don't get that from noncasting vigilantes.

>is there a trap in there somewhere or...
The only trap is that it delays your ability to pick up Lethal Grace until 4th at earliest, and if you wanted any Rogue Talents you're shit out of luck. Thankfully, if you're considering a Teisatsu, you're probably doing 1pp-only, which means that doesn't matter to you and it is basically a STRAIGHT UPGRADE from Stalker. Wakizashi is dank as fuck, and if you're worried about weebshit just ask to refluff.

Running on water, going so fast you create mirror images, illusions or at least can grant yourself concealment, running on walls, the ability to run on razor thin edges (hell, even swords). A few sword beams or long range punches from ripples in the air, even if there are conditions to their use.

As for skill tricks, you know, like the 3.5 skill tricks.

As for the you know, doing combat slightly better, it has that down, but it's still lacking in general out of combat utility.

Longswords outpace axes. no one cares.

>Spheres of Skill

Fuck, this WAS what we actually needed instead of just SoM, wasn't it. We needed a Skill Unlocks system dialed up to 110.

>Your ability to appraise is so good that you become capable of identifying literally anything
>Ability to use Disguises so well you might as well be shapeshifting
>The Heal Skill, but it actually fucking does what it says without wasting everyone's time
>Can Stealth so well that you straight up vanish mid-fight
>Dance so hard you create whirlwinds and play a song so depressing you cause it to rain
>Swim so hard you part the sea behind you, allowing your allies to follow

>a 1d8 1h weapon outdamages a 1d12 2h
riiigh

>crit range outpaces raw damage
>both can add 1.5x Str

who'dda thunk it

I doubt anyone is going for feats of that style
Even 3.5 tricks were somewhat mundane with few exceptions

Doesnt it let you snag monk ki powers which in turn lets you snag quiggong which in turn grants you a caster level?

Also, I've been wondering if lethal grace works with the agile upgrade as it specifically mentions needing dex to attack and str to damage.

It is feasible that they could add a few cool abilities to each sphere, like give lancers good jumping, scoundrels some stealth and give Athletics and equipment some shit that isn't 90% combat. Even if they're forced to add 'advanced talents' to enable our Chinese Cartoon fantasies that don't involve foxes.

I meant spheres of might stuff.

And yeah, it doesn't change the fact that 3.5 skill tricks were really fucking good and pathfinder doesn't have them.

I respectfully disagree

Since it is 3.5 stuff, you can use it still

At the very least, one or two of th PbP games have started for it!

A) No one gets to level 6 anyway
B) Commoners with 3d8 firearms is pretty scary
C) My other houserules would allow anyone with high bab to make 15d8 vital strikes with said guns

I need to homebrew an avowed patron thats bound to the character, but can potentially overpower and dominate them. They are based around shadows, psychological manipulation, and domination, and have plane shifting abilities. These beings would work like a summoned creature, almost.

I have no idea how to do this. Its mainly for NPC use but I want to make sure its ready if the players do something crazy.

>Opinions/Personal Anecdote
>Alright fair enough
>These other rules I didn't state previously make my other shitty rules less shitty

>Quiggong
>granting you an actual caster level
I'm doubtful, but that's mostly because monks getting anything nice, however small, does not sound like something paizo would do.

>Agile enchant
Lethal Grace shuts off if you use Agile, because you MUST be using Str for damage. This is perfectly fine, because half your level to damage lets you make up the difference after a bit, especially if you're using TWF. It's not like you're dumping Str like some kind of faggot, right user?

Its only +3d8 more than normal Vital Strike

well spheres developers are not entitled to serve your tastes

Actually 19-20/x2 vs x3 is effectively the same.
There's a slight advantage with increased crit range (17-20/x2 vs 19-20/x3) but small enough that the +2 base on the die more or less equals it out.

Nigger, someone asked 'what I want from combat talents' I said what I wanted, then someone said NO ONE WOULD MAKE FEATS LIEK TYHAT!1!1!2 so I explained I was refering to SoM stop being a passive aggressive cunt

>I don't like what I'm seeing from the SoM previews
>What would you change?
>Specific examples
>BITCH NOBODY ASKED YOU!

Handaxe you dipshit

I wouldn't mind some talents that allows utility tied into skill abilities or otherwise grouped things together to allow a diverse range of effects.

>Giant smash - you can wreck class levels 5 feet blocks with a swing of your weapon, this can affect hardness 2x your character level. Any creature in this path takes an attack at your highest BAB and falls prone if you beat its CMD. Takes a stamina point.

>Balance point - Any activity that requires a sense of balance has its DC dropped by -10+CL. You do not lose dex to AC for any movement type.

>Versatile Equipment - gain any equipment trick in the book

>Impressive Flex - With the use of another talent, use the damage dealt by an attack in place of your diplomacy/intimidate skill result

>mfw I tried to comprehend giant smash

>playing a campaign where we're two priests and a mage slayer trying to stop an ancient sorcerer from reenacting a ritual that destroyed the world humanity originally came from 1200 years ago (they're all refugees on the elven world)
>nobody believes us, but we've seen the signs
>actual prophecies being fulfilled, think biblical book of revelation
>scripture tells of seven catastrophes that will devastate the world before all is consumed by darkness
>we're making steady progress, but at the end of almost every session the DM reveals another news bomb
>we're now certain at least 4 of the 7 signs have already occured, but we can't be sure there have been more elsewhere on the planet
>volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, this kind of stuff
>last session heavy snow started falling
>in june
>DM 3 sessions ago, when another player talked about wanting to DM an idea he had "I don't think we'll need more than 3 sessions"
>DM 2 sessions ago "I don't think we'll need more than 2 sessions"
>next session is this weekend

oradin is objective best heals in the game, unless you have psionics in which case vitadin has it beat.

you can look into more than that yourself i'm sure

oh and life, life oracle

Lemme rephrase
>Giant smash - spend one stamina point to destroy 1 five foot cube of material per class level in a line. The toughness of the material broken this way must be less than 2 times your character level. You can carry out an attack action at your highest BAB on all creatures that are standing on terrain you destroy in this manner.

You mean like actually functional feinting?

>spread out the volume of the attack to small as fuck thickness
>anyone in the planet

"Destroy" how? Giving the broken condition? Creating difficult terrain? Disintegrating the material?

You're a heckin' weirdo!

> lust and gluttony got consolidated

No, it needs to be 5ft cubes. Sorcerers with shape spell can't spread their attacks over infinite distance either.

Disintegrating the material, or sundering whatever it is if it's an unattended item. You could probably have it treated as difficult terrain, that's a nice one. I was thinking more like cutting through stuff, but difficult terrain works nicely too.

Where is this rule?

In the fucking description of the ability, moron.

Five foot cube is just measure of volume
Nothing says it has to be that shape

Oh, one of those.

Yeah, whatever you want rules-lawyer. It's because of you 3.5 and PF and 5e are absolute shit.

You do not create the volume of x cubes, you create x cubes, period.

well that makes spells like stone shape utter shit then
the cubes are gonna be wasted on massive amounts of empty air

Stone shape calls out a specific volume of stone, while the ability you're talking about calls out a specific number of 5 foot cubes, you mong. If there's one thing worse than a rules-lawyer, it's a rules-lawyer who can't read.

Stone shape uses a different wording.

If you still don't get it:
5 cubic feet =/= a 5-foot cube

One is just a volume, the other is a volume and a shape (and yes, it's larger that the other in this example)