/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http//theonyxpath.com/now-available-night-horrors-conquering-heroes-heresies-in-print/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/braaaazillll-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Have you ever played has a enemy splat? (like the Pure,Heros etc...)

No, but I think the Pure and Deceived both have a lot of potential, and I think Division Six is close enough to being bad guys that they count but I still love them.

Hurt Locker, it has several merit based weak supernatural sub-splats and the Plain are some Amish inspired ultra pacifists whose powers were clearly not given a playtest read.

>everyone fixates on the Plain
>nobody else has freaked out over how the Dreamers are the coolest thing published in CofD in ages

The Camarilla are counted among the bad guys, aren't they?
More seriously, I'd like to play a Sabbat character once, not the edgy murder hobo type but the zealous vampire convinced the antediluvians are really rising up.

Its easier to be angry

>implying you can't be both

I played in a sabat pack. We successfully diablerized a dirty necromancer that thought we were Camarilla. Its pretty fun playing antagonists if you have some one playing a more traditional protagonist to play off of/torture.

I like the super soldier washouts as well, I feel like they might actually have been a test run of some ideas for Deviant.

But also

>Have you ever played has a enemy splat? (like the Pure,Heros etc...)
Yes, many times
About half my games
Not heroes

>Great power, less impact, little to no influence

I thought you read the book? Archmasters shape the world. One of them literally erased the previous dominant world religion and Christianity was born. He swears on his life that he's trying to fix it. Dave described them as super-mages playing blackjack over their preferred versions of reality, he even joked that the current World of Darkness was created two weeks ago by Imperial shenanigans. Their impact isn't noticed because the previous version of reality never actually existed from your point of view.

Isn't there a note about supernaturals with 7+ In a power stat remembering shifts like that?

I keep dreaming of a 1960s America Dark Era that's a Hunter/Changeling crossover that works the Dreamers into it and is just a surreal conspiracy trip.

What would a Seer version of the Tamers of Fire look like?

Hitler.

If the Prelacies of The Prophet, Exarch of Time and promoter of the Great Man theory of history were ever statted, you might be able to achieve something similar.

So if they're recreating the world over and over why is it still so shit and why do humans suck so bad? Also why are vampire, werewolves, demons and other junk running around? Wouldn't they want to make the world as safe as they can to foster further awakenings

This is the sort of thing I dislike in both WoD, supernaturals literally dictating or directly controlling historical figures or movements. I'm fine with mages/vampires/what have you riding the wave of say Islam, helping its early spread and then claiming he was behind all of it, but not with the archangel Gabriel actually being a fucking Assamite. Dave really doesn't help by keeping on wanking mages with this sort of bullshit.

>I don't think safety does much to foster Awakenings.

at the very least I don't get why they would want vampire and just pure shit wondering around trying to eat people

>archangel Gabriel
>historical figures
wat

The book implies other supernaturals have patrons with a vested interest involved in their big 'don't fuck each other' accord or at least on that power level.

well, there is the theory that they are just switching into a parallel universe where their version of Truth is right.

And no, Gabriel was no Assamite, Gabriel was actually a conclave of Batini mages that revealed themselves to Mohammed to spread to Doctrine of Unity

>World of Mage Supremacy

>there is the theory

That's just it. A theory. It isn't necessarily fact. It is more so an alternative to use in your Chronicle.

Fine, the Assamite was actually Muhammad or Zoroaster being a mage or whatever. We already have a thousand of examples, with figures ranging from Belisarius to Heinrich Himmler being vampires, it's not like having a few more will change much. The point is supernaturals shouldn't literally be or control major historical characters or movements.

There's a sidebar suggesting that an Archmage of Death is responsible for the creation of the Kindred. So no one dares touch them unless you want a death-obsessed Gandalf on your ass.

Magic is powerful whether you're a Mage or not. It makes complete sense that various supernaturals would have a hand in world history, user.

Mages are the best, we get it. But it is also way past their bedtime. Go to bed before I call the Exarchs.

But this game is pretty much made for you to play Vampire Hitler back in the modern day.

Himmler and Belisarius were Embraced after they were famous and had achieved their historical deeds.

The only person that was arguably supernatural in the time of their major activity was Rasputin (and this is another can of worms entirely)

I'm fine with a mage or a vampire being one of Charlemgne's advisers, I'm not with him basically dictating all his moves.
No. Vampire Himmler is already too much.

The Toreador Methuselah of Constantinople convinced himself he was the Archangel Michael. He was coo-coo crazy.

Bedtimes are part of the Lie, the Free Council kids down the street said so! They also smoke and are soooo mature, you don't even know.

Of course Billy, now take your pills, brush your teeth and go to bed.

You're being recorded.

So the sponsor for Vampire is a Mage. Hilarious.

The Tremere do need Theban to exist in order to maintain their history...

We're not allowed to talk about something on-topic?

>Heinrich Himmler
>"deeds"

No. Go to bed.

Isn't that what happened with Hitler? All supernatural factions wanted to control him and canceled each other out, so that he pulled his shit entirely cause of his own volition?

>So if they're recreating the world over and over why is it still so shit and why do humans suck so bad? Also why are vampire, werewolves, demons and other junk running around? Wouldn't they want to make the world as safe as they can to foster further awakenings

Archmages are not superheroes. They are super-assholes.

They are the epitome of egotistical bastards that are trying, and often succeeding, in imposing their own selfish version of reality on everyone else.

They don't give a crap if vampires, werewolves, demons, Donald Trump, Taylor Swift or anyone or anything else are making life unpleasant for teeming insects known as humanity unless is directly hinders their personal work or vision.

Even if an unusual archmage did remotely care, the use of imperial spells to create such huge changes in reality, including the elimination of entire supernatural races, would almost certainly violate the Pax Arcana as it would upset the balance and interests among other archmasters, the Exarchs and other powerful entities.

Don't hold you breath waiting for archmages to save humanity from itself or anything else. They have more important things to do.

>Don't hold you breath waiting for archmages to save humanity from itself or anything else. They have more important things to do.

I feel like this needs an accompanying image but I don't have one of a wizard jacking it so instead have this

Mage Noir has information about the Nazis.

Nazi mages are one of the main causes of the rift between the Silver Ladder and Free Council.

That image is all wrong.

Masters of reality definitely wear boxers, not briefs.

Isn't there also a literal nazi legacy in Legacies: The Ancient?

And also led to a major shakeup among the Arrow, who pledged to never again take sides in mortal wars because it led to them mostly just killing each other.

I don't think there's ever going to be a splat template capable of rivaling an Archmaster. Why do we even question Mage supremacy at this point?

because magefags never stop bringing it up as if we care.

If the Pentacle version is classical-heroes-as-Superman, the Seer version is classical-heroes-as-domineering-conquerors. Hercules and Gilgamesh laid waste to nations, after all.

THE TAMERS OF THUNDER
Obrimos. Forces primary, Mind secondary.

Attainment 1: Conquering Body
Forces 1: Kinetic Efficiency. Boosts athletic prowess.
Mind 1: I don't fuckin' know, there are like 4 spells at mind 1 and none of them make sense

Attainment 2: Rousing the Storm
Forces 2: Control Weather. Ritual-cast, advanced duration.
Mind 2: Emotional Urging. Call to DEUS VULT.

Attainment 3: Blitzkrieg
Forces 3: Velocity Control. Strike as fast as lightning.
Mind 3: Clear Thoughts. +1 Willpower on success. Ritual-casting as making a speech.

Attainment 4: Smite
Forces 4: Thunderbolt. Exactly what you'd expect.
Mind 4: Augment Mind for social attributes.

Attainment 5: Justice Rains From Above
Forces 5: Levitation. Strike at the enemy from on high.
Mind 5: Social Networking. Ritual-cast, advanced duration. Rule over all beneath you.

>Have you ever played has a enemy splat?
Yes, I played an Acanthus Seer of the Praetorian who had 3 in Occultation who's concept was that of a dodeca-agent who's Pylon used him as a deep-cover informer...then promptly forgot about him; he erased the knowledge from his memory with Mind and he was eventually pressed into service by the Pentacle Mages to, of course, infiltrate the Seers in the area.
I love Imperial Mysteries as the next guy, but the Narcissistic Universe is the only way that the setting jives at all in the long-term.
It's perfect, It has MK-ULTRA, Timothy Leary as a Hobgoblin trying to search for Lost by dosing folks with Acid and seeing who's freak-outs reveal them, Hunters fucking up people at Alamut...

Nope. The natural state is Sleepwalkers. Mages are, and were always, exceptional.

>classical-heroes-as-Superman
> classical-heroes-as-domineering-conquerors
The Greeks/Mesopotamians didn't really see the difference.
>the elimination of entire supernatural races, would almost certainly violate the Pax Arcana
They mention that pissing off the Death Lords counts as a violation of the Pax, I can imagine that ribbing super-powerful Spirits or True Fae may be similar.

True Fae are the sponsors for Changelings. Though, they're only rank 7 entities. Archmasters by definition are stronger than the Gentry.

Mages were also far more powerful back before the Abyss happened.

Pyrokinetic Hitler.

>enemy splat
Not yet, but I get such a raging boner when I think about playing an agent of the Technocratic Union.
I'd probably go New World Order.
Then fuck people up with Superpsychology.

Goku

The Daksha. They change their bodies to flit back and forth between male and female (their true form is a hermaphrodite) and they have a third eye on the back of their head that lets them see through time. They're also unabashedly racist and believe in achieving an idealized form so they backed the Nazis. The Mysterium considers them an "ideological embarrassment" but they've yet to be kicked out, possibly because they form guanxi with influential members with magically enhanced sex.

I would totally fuck one.

The blue hair means you're an Archmaster right?

The Daksha are also guided by eight Archmasters known as the Dhyanis.

I repeat.

Eight. Fucking. Archmasters. There's never more than a hundred at a time.

Yes, they didn't need to create Golden Roads to access the Imperial Practices back then.

I'm with you on The Deceived.
Mummy is amazing but it needs a second edition to really make it shine imho.

They need to work it out just a little more.

They also haven't been met in person in 79 years, and there's no concrete proof that the Dhyanis are Archmages, or that the Masters they allegedly receive orders from are in Oracles.

It's entirely possibly it's all deluded smoke and mirrors from a bunch of old Mages, or perhaps their younger less powerful apprentices who've found that their ancient society would fall apart if they didn't pretend to be their now dead masters.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

>ancient society
Also kek, they were formed in the late 19th Century.
Such an ancient and laudable history.

The lightbulb is older than their batshit ideology.

Why are werecheetahs the cutest changing breed?

Not exactly a nazi legacy, but they ARE close to the "Fist of Wisdom" faction within the Mysterium, who backed the nazis, for being the best chance of eradicating modern humanity.

Also, they are based in weird theosophical ideas, so they are close to the Thule Society.

Anyone have the wererat image that occasionally is used as an opener for these threads?

It's not exactly unlikely that the Daksha recruited a fair few members from those Thule members who Awoke in their investigations.

This one?

I'm telling you mang, someday we're gonna get super demons, gonna be fucking hueg and shiet. Kick mage ass all day erry day.

WHERE'S THE NEW SUBNET?

>The God-Machine accidentally Falls
What then

Is there any possible way to salvage and use these guys without the silly Nazi stuff?

Then he spends all day shitposting Demon Supremacy.

Werewolves are cute though

Da Demanz pick up the infrastructure and, like, integrate it or some shit into themselves, becomes one with reality or some shit. Thats how they get super stronk.

Yeah. Just have the legacy be about getting closer to the Supernal through changing their bodies instead of making a new super race. It wouldn't be any more far-fetched than the Whipping Boys.

Fucking magical robots

So how does the God-Machine fit into mages? Did a bored Archmage program it?

Could there ever be a rational explanation for a non Tremere character having Thaumaturgy?

Diablery.

True but they aren't cheetahs.

It programmed them.

Extra-planar entity attempting to gain a greater planetary foothold through subversion of reality through Fallen World principles.

Unless of course this is more Mage Supremacy bullshit.
In which case, eat a dick.

Yes.
Lots of different clans have Thaumaturgy, the Tremere just like to pretend they're the only source of Blood Magic when the truth is they've probably had it for the shortest time.

diablerie

The Cheetahs are the weakest of the African Fera.

Cheetahs aren't even big cats.

Sorry I don't have a picture of demonbane, settle for getter emperor instead.

Until you build them right, then they are a horrific blender AND cute

>supernaturals shouldn't literally be or control major historical characters or movements
Given the influence of the supernatural, it's hard to believe major historical figures and movements existed in a vacuum.

>The Cheetah is not one of the Great Cats, because it does not have a floating Hyoid bone in its neck it can not roar, therefore it is a Lesser Cat.

Size isn't the case.

Of course not. Pumas are small cats.

Apprently the God-Machine Is a former Supernal Being kicked out by the Exarchs. It is currently trying to re-establish itself as a rightful god.

They're wrapped up in the silly Theosophical nonsense that fueled Himmler's nonsense, so not really. The real world philosophy they draw from led directly to all that mystical Aryan nuttery.

Eh, it was written in a "take it or leave it" kind of way 2 years before the God Machine Chronicle was released.

Yeah, you don't see anyone going "the God-Machine is the Principle!" just because a 1e Promethean book said so.

Fera aren't cute. When will you werefags learn.

my ananasi waifu begs to differ

>Implying there isn't anything cute about the Khan
You monster!! Pentex paying you well?