Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Races Edition:

What race will you NEVER allow in your games? What race will you always allow in your games?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/ascension-games-llc/saboteur
strawpoll.me/12249945
docs.google.com/document/d/1A0q5DEoX2fNWVSNVUaheeFOAjtBN0NQoS85s5SbZN-Y/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reposting from previous tread
Does anyone have Dreamscarred's Psicrystal book?

>tfw I love eberrons warforged and changlings
>tfw no one uses them in pf

Which gods are the most interesting and profitable to worship or serve?

Never played with Path of War before, how good are Zweihander sentinel warders?

Asmodeus is one of the best for a lot of reasons.

Fucking Awesome.

Though some would argue too awesome as there is very little reason to NOT be a Zweihander Sentinel and/or an Ordained Defender(beyond flavor).

There's a very good reason. Brutal Slayer exists.

>Imperials

Good taste.Well I need to make one by tonight for a game, I would go ordained defender but I prefer 2h weapon over sword and board.

>OD
>sword and board

hahahahaaaa, you poor, innocent cinnamon bun you

...OD has nothing to do with Sword and Board, and it stacks with ZS.

True, True. God I wish Stalkers were full Bab or at least got a Little more class feature wise.

As for Brutal Slayers, I wish the AC came on earlier/at a less awkward level but I know they wanted to avoid the "every STR character dips this" archetype.
They stack

Oh. I'm not very familiar with PF, sorry.

It's fine.

The thing about OD/ZS combo is that you're Wis-based, can take the Conversion Inquisition for Wis-to-Diplomacy/Bluff, and have Scarlet Throne. Scarlet Throne has Sense Motive-in-place-of-attack Strikes. Strikes which multiply your damage if you hit. By using a Wis-based skill that you'll quickly have high enough to never fail with.

LITERALLY KILL YOURSELF REEEEEEE!
It's actually interesting. According to Paizo they wouldn't stack, since they alter a single class feature, but DSP waived that if the alterations don't interfere with each other.

Threadly reminder to succumb to despair and torment.

Damn, Zonzon, when'd you get such a sweet ass?

Go away Kirei

Has anyone used Ascension Game's Saboteur class? What'd you think of it? I'm playing one right now, just reached 7th level.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/ascension-games-llc/saboteur

Papa Nier is such an awkward goofball.

That does make it sound kinda strong. The warder I was thinking of was a classical knightly type and not a paladin though, so not too sure on how well I could make it work. Maybe I can shift some shit around though.

>The warder I was thinking of was a classical knightly type and not a paladin though

How knightly do you wanna get, senpai? Because if you've got the notion I've got the potion.

Do you want to wield a sword and shield, or a sword, or a spear? Do you want to ride a horse?

Well Eternal Guardian, Silver Crane, and Black Seraph are all knightly. You could go Chivalry Inquisition for a free Cavalier horse.

Path of War fluff is supposed to be incredibly flexible. A Warder can pretty much be "anyone who would wear heavy armor".

Nah.

I posted in last thread about assassins game but we didn't really talk about it.

Here is the easier way to do it. I'll create a poll. Create your ideal party.

Remember to try and vote for 5 characters.

strawpoll.me/12249945

You can find character details:

The story is about saving a princess so I want to be maximum knight and chivalry.

You don't get to be called the "Lord of Dark Temptations" for no reason.

The thing about pow is that it raises the skill floor and ceiling considerably, so it's easy to get huge. As long as you aren't taking everything and hyper optimizing, you should be fine.

>Black Seraph
>Knightly

Well, not a *good* knight, but hey, could make a decent Black Knight type.

I too enjoy lions as animal companions

Sneaky Bastards, lions are.

Think Black Knight type. Not entirely evil but likely to drift that way do to over dependance.
Also
>implying you can't be an Evil, yet Knightly character.

Strength-focused Warder (Hussar/Zweihander Sentinel) buying Heavy Armor proficiency back with a bonus feat and using the Unorthodox Method trait to replace Iron Tortoise with Silver Crane representing your KNIGHTLY VIRTUE.

If you want to sword-and-board, get Scarlet Throne Style so you can have a shield in one hand and a sword in the other!

I agree

Yes, very much so.

Groetus. That way you'll never be disappointed.

Lions are such lazy creatures, though.

But I can't until I've made everyone else despair first!
My current character's concept is to be a huge annoying bratty bitch that's unlikeableness is just slightly less than her usefulness, and when she dies she'll explode out of spite hopefully killing everyone around her.

Oh, and get Steel Skin as your second trait because it gives you +2 Intimidate *and* a custom-made steel helmet!

Just part of their charm.

You are a good disciple of Zon-Kuthon.

>implying Shelyn's baby brother knows true despair

Some good ideas at least, thank you!

Shouldn't you be making an AMV?

I would be full of despair if I had to live a cucked life to urgathoa too

Be warned! I only suggested Hussar so you can get a MIGHTY STEED, which may or may not be useless in the grand scheme of things.

If you are willing to just have a "common" heavy warhorse (Which might be the better option), go for Warder (Zweihander Sentinel) with Mounted Combat!

See, the three feats you need to get to become the Ultimate Knight is Mounted Combat, Spirited Charge, and Ride-by Attack.

You should never ever bother buying heavy armor proficiency back, though.
A Mithral Fusing Full Plate with a Steelbone Frame on top has 0 ACP, and as such, no penalties for not being proficient with it.

OD with the chivalry inquisition gives you a mount without any of the Hussar's bloat, and also switches your initiation stat to Wisdom.

What is the general consensus on the Life sphere? Is it missing anything it should have?

>Zyphus
>having a computer
>not needing his cultists to do all the actual work

>A Mithral Fusing Full Plate with a Steelbone Frame on top has 0 ACP, and as such, no penalties for not being proficient with it.

And when is this KNIGHT going to be getting his armor? He can't wait until level 12 to become truly anointed in a shell of metal, he needs it NOW DAMMIT.

Perfect!

Remember, a knight be not smert, but he must be worldly!

The life sphere is almost too good at what it does if you ask me. It's way too easy to cure negative levels and ability drain with it.

It also lacks any kind of flexibility. You heal people and that's it.

>It also lacks any kind of flexibility. You heal people and that's it.

Can't say i disagree, but what else should it do?

>The Sultana's LFG Page no longer exists
Was there a catalyst?

Start with a chain shirt or a breastplate, then.

Overspecialization is what Spheres of Power is all about, user.

Honestly, I've struggled with that too. I feel like it should have had some things that boost saving throws rather than break people out of failed ones, and some other supportive things to do besides heal.

You're not wrong.

Unfortunately Plantlife geomancing from Nature already does a lot of the other things I think Life should be doing.

2hu finished building his character to level 16, at which point the game was closed because it had succeeded in baiting autists into wasting hours of their lives building a character and giving them hope they'd actually play in a game.

Stuff like that would fit better into like, protection or something though.

What did you expect? It was a meme game

Yes, the stupid catboyfucker showed up.

Those is really pretty clothes!

>Stuff like that would fit better into like, protection or something though.

Protection can dish out saving throw bonuses, but so can War, and I think Fate can, too, so I don't think letting Life dish out a bit of saving throw help would be terrible. Hell, Protection can heal hit points, so it's only fair!

Increase conception chances.
Provide disease types
Allow for growth and fecundity

Protection can heal really really badly.

The page is back up.

Light and Alteration can heal too, so it isn't really that bad.

Some overlap isn't a bad thing.

I like throwing out character art whenever I post.

Should Life sphere have some way of attacking? Beyond hurting undead?

Unless it's something like giving people super-cancer, I don't see how it would fit thematically.

>strawpoll.me/12249945
Come on friends! Vote!

What would a SoP Creation talent for turning a creature into an intelligent magic item look like?

No extra item powers or anything, just the same mental ability scores and whatever preexisting abilities are usable in the new form.

Well now I'm just fucking confused

You could always just retrain the feat later on into something else, once you can afford he better armor.

Probably just a glitch with Roll20's shitty connection then, all things considered.

Hello fellow anons of /pfg/, its me the guy you all asked to make that race of dear/goat/shepp/whatever the heck people.

Well, good news is I just got back from the range, and am back home for the evening and have a 1st draft playtest for the race if ya'll want it.

Is now a good time to post it, or should I wait for later? Does anyone still even care about it anymore?

>Does anyone still even care about it anymore?

Gibe.

If there can be negative energy damage that still hurts undead, I don't see why there can't be positive energy damage that still hurts the living.

>read up on vigilante talents because of sky pirates
>pretty much all of the social ones are situational at best and shit most of the time
>Literally no reason not to get companion to the lonely
>Feel weird about placing this embarrassing tidbit on my character sheet

Are you the GM?

Sounds like it'd be fun.

Whoever the catboy feet is supposed to be

Well, here it is.
>docs.google.com/document/d/1A0q5DEoX2fNWVSNVUaheeFOAjtBN0NQoS85s5SbZN-Y/edit?usp=sharing

It even has options for Muntjac people! Blackbuck people! or Dahl's Sheeple!
And they have a bactstory that DOES NOT involve boning magical animals like the horrible bloodforge race that shall not be named

Comments are enabled for those who wish to point out any problems or stupid things, or for people who wish to comment and add their own ideas they might like. Or to just tell me I'm a faggot.
Or can just comment here too as well I guess.

Now, its still first draft, so there's still some stuff not added or finished yet, so keep that in mind.

Also I am putting in an autism warning right now!
If you don't like autistic levels of detail, turn back now!

What are Eberron warforged like, user?

I'm making a magitek setting that's advanced past the Steam Age, and I've already lifted Warforged and Shifters, but hadn't heard of Changelings, I guess.

Funny enough they're not. I am, and I didn't create that poll.

>tfw the companion is yourself
>1 hour of jerking it for some bonuses each day

>Mage Hunter is a prestige class in Path of War
>Roil Dancer is a Kineticist Archetype, also from Path of War.
>Mage Hunter grants Magus-list spellcasting using your initiation modifier.
>Roil Dancer uses Constitution as its initiation modifier. It also gets 2nd-level maneuvers at 4th level, and qualifies for Mage Hunter by 5th level.

Golly gee I've found my next character!

It's a dragon, of course she'd wear pretty clothing.

Eberron practically made warforged. They're pretty fun and unique, and there's a reason they were one of the most popular races back in 3.5.

I think they'd be unbalanced in PF, though.

I meant Changelings, but I'm human garbage who can't type.

Tsk, that figures.

Witch hunt user back at his games.

>-2 cha mod due to 7 cha
>Fluffed out that you see yourself reflected on the scrying globe after finishing your wank
>Die a little inside and lose desire to live

I think the KoP stuff has a "blast boon" so you can keep the Kinetic blast up.

Why don't you want to be a slut, user?

Yeah, my stance on races is that they should all be as strong as Aasimar, Human and Tiefling, since I got sick of ONLY seeing those three, so I started lifting races people told me would probably be OP, in hopes I'd see anything else.