How do you feel about diversity in our hobby?

How do you feel about diversity in our hobby?

I don't care, I see no difference in people, they are all the same.

Report, Sage, and thread. We just had this thread and it got deleted.

Better yet, don't reply at all, just report and hide.

I'm fine with it so long as the person's diversity characteristics make sense for the setting, the character is more than their diversity status and they're well written.

bait aside, it's not too bad.

I think the whole "The Hobbit should have had more people of colour" argument is a bit dumb, seeing as it basically posits that racism isn't a thing.
That said, people end up in weird places, shit like that black african guy who was part Oda Nobunaga's retinue.

Also, from my limited exposure to African myth, there may be an untapped goldmine

This is a bait thread.
And thats utter cockdrool.
It's the opposite. Everybody is different.

If you can play the game without being a shithead, then you can play.

Any other personal detail about the players is needless bullshit.

>I think the whole "The Hobbit should have had more people of colour" argument is a bit dumb
To be fair, the Hobbit movies were dogshit anyway after the first half of An Unexpected Journey, so having more or fewer peeples of colououor wouldn't have made a difference either way.

Who gives a fuck?

I agree, but it was just an example

I don't get the /pol/ column. At all.

I welcome anything that increases my opportunities to put a baby in a cute ethnic girl.

>a person I'm playing with/against is a minority in some way
Don't care
>X needs representation in Y, We need to attract Q's o our game
Kindly fuck off

This.

I don't give a flying fuck, fuck off

I personally prefer blondes and/or delicious brown.
Oh, you meant players and not waifus? If they're not a douchebag/cunt/attention whore, who cares?

Hey, not all the Hobbit movies sucked, just the Jackson ones.

it's a meme
a few memes
a meme array

Oh, and redheads, which I guess is a minority in its own right.

Yeah. I don't necessarily disagree that settings that should be more diverse (e.g. 40k, which is the result of the entirety of humanity being spread across an entire galaxy for tens of thousands of years, and yet is 99.9% caucasians) do a pretty shit job of it, or that most modern fantasy is overly focused on Medieval Europe-type settings to the detriment of more genuinely diverse settings. But I don't think the solution is "stick as many blacks, asians and arabs as possible into the Medieval Europe settings".
Shitposting, mostly.

What's not to get? /pol/ is basically just a machine to generate counter-culture and cross political lines, regardless of whether those lines actually agree with their creed. If they do, the creed is altered so they do not. If they don't, the lines get crossed because they are lines and they need to be crossed.

Everybody is equally unimportant and insignificant even if they're "different"

What's your ethnicity

White guy. Does it matter?

>But I don't think the solution is "stick as many blacks, asians and arabs as possible into the Medieval Europe settings".

My bugbear isn't with the presence of non-caucasians in medieval europe-y settings, but with the way it's rarely a factor in their characterisation.
Like normally they're just sort of there, and any racism or other-ness they get from society at large is either downplayed or non-existent.
Hence my saying it implies racism isn't a thing

It's ultimately good to have some and a degree of it is needed in the broadest terms and at the broadest level, but on a per-group basis and for most settings it simply doesn't matter.

Irl: I don't care
RP: Depends on the setting mostly.

I play with an argentinian and with some kind of german slav. They're cool.

well I'd say there are a number of ways to handle this.
For example: orcs, elves, dwarves, etc are so much more different that stuff like difference in skin color just isn't noticeable. Or have some other factor of difference which is so much more significant that it can be ignored.
Establish that the particular area where they mix is relatively cosmopolitian that the particular area where they mix is not as big of a deal.
Or you could establish that despite being medieval Europelike, it's not identical to medieval Europe, and this is one of the factors that is different.

Also recall that while difference can matter, how that difference if viewed might not match our current understanding.
For example in the fifteenth to seventeeth centuries, while a black person would be viewed as strange, they would likely be thought to be a Moor. So muslim, bad, but also likely rich and well educated.

Now some setting don't do this in good ways, and don't give justifications. Sometimes that justification might not be necessary because something big is going on so the story and everyone involved has bigger things to worry about (Innistrad), but sometimes it is laziness.

I don't care, niggers don't play it anyway.

The Jackson movies are okay, if you edit according to the Hobbit princible.
Unless a hobbit is present or being talked about in the scene, and the scene is more than 2 minutes long. Cut it.

More fresh blood for the hobby equals more players. More players means that there are a higher number of high quality players. Given that people select for players that work best with them, more good players equals more good groups. This can only be a good thing.

I'm a Brazillian, I don't care. I'm looking for an indian woman (Non plastic, I actually like the dainty hooked nose they have), and playing my hobbies with her would be pretty fun. It was with my old gf.

Ingame, I never got problens with a player trying to be black in a setting with whites or vice versa, and then, why use these ethinic groups anyway? What if my setting has people with dark skin color, blonde curly hair and purple eyes? What if they are humans from warcraft and are all strongmen thta carry tons of armor in their body?

Ethnicies in non historical games are just equivalents.

I can handle differences between people, even though im homo-sceptic i still allow gay people in my games.

The problem starts when they try to introduce political correctness into my games. Political correctness says that the truth is a simple equation, and that they have prescribed the equation which is truth. Except it isnt.

I don't give a flying fuck about skin color, neither the way /pol/ does nor the way Tumblr does. A good player is a good player and a THAT GUY is a THAT GUY.

>Political correctness says that the truth is a simple equation, and that they have prescribed the equation which is truth.
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
If you want to say "Political correctness tries to enforce a flawed perspective," just say that.

>reporting threads on Veeky Forums
Why though