Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Welcome to the general where the rules are made up and the FAQs don't matter

Previous Bread
>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR, IF YOU USE IT, PLEASE FUCKING KILL YOURSELF
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=E_h6PLHig28

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (You're racking up alot of fines for that copy of the codex astartes, please return it Farsight)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for Maulerfiends!

Binary for the Omnissiah

Third for the greater good!

Fourth for the four armed emperor list critique.

New IG stuff when. Cadia was slap in the face.
I hope we get Punished Creed back in new codex.

So how much better would Destroyer be if the Destroyer Table only applied to things that weren't Super-Heavies and such and everything else just took D3 STR 10 hits?

>punished creed

So is trollzyn ocelot?

So, if I wanted to go around building an Inquisition army, how would I go about doing that since their codex is so anemic?
Also, could you recommend Scions as Acolytes or should I just ally detachment them if I really want them?

Can somebody who has the Imperial Knight e-book codex do me a favor? I don't see this version in the OP, I think it might be a scan? Apparently there are two versions. I think.

Basically I want to run a chaos warband called the Malefactors, they're one of the chapters that got screwed over in the Abyssal Crusade. According to Lexicanum:

959.M36 - The Malefactors descend upon Alaric Prime, intent on seizing as many Imperial Knights as they can for their own burgeoning warband. Freeblade Knight Gerantius leads the defence of Sacred Mountain before hunting down and destroying enough of the invaders to drive the rest off-planet.[2] Source: 2: Codex: Imperial Knights (7th Edition) (e-book), Freeblades

I just read through the pdf in the link and there's no mention of Malefactors anywhere. The Freeblade Knight Gerantius entry doesn't mention them. So maybe it's in the other version of the codex? If somebody could post a screencap of any mention of Malefactors in that codex, that would be grand.

Just bought the skitarii start collecting box. I got dollar store contact cement and crazy glue, would either of those work or should I get something better?

Look up the rules for Destoryer in 30k if you wanna see what it might look like in 8th, basically it's more powerful on average, but it can't "six something out"

Shoot man, just take a solo Inquisitor (you can do that, right?), alongside a detachment of Scions in =][= colors, and say they're his personal retinue.

Just needs the deathblow result removed

Crazy glue should work, I used the craft version and I think the regular super glue and it worked for me (and my skitarii), just don't glob it on.
It might be a little thick overall in which case other super glues are better.

Ally them with either sisters of battle (hereticus), deathwatch (xenos), or grey knights (malleous)

>Space marines
>Anything but out of scale weak manlet
Seriously, Why is it the only 40k army that is on a MUCH smaller scale ?
Also its the only army where the fluff and ingame models have the niggest differences.
A squad is supposed to take a planet and whatever army on it and InGame a squad can only dream about beating an IG platoon

Forgeworld Quality™

Nth for GW can suck my big fat cock if it thinks I'm swapping my round bases to square for 40k.

I have several fantasy armies and they all still have square bases and I have several 40k armies that will always have round bases.

Fuck you GW and anyone that would be okay with this change!

Honestly I feel like with guard we aren't priority to get new models, despite them being older than the fucking emperor

If I had to ask for one new model I'd love a custom unique leman Russ variant for pask to use, make it like a suped up punisher or something

Dude just give it a rest, aren't you tired of derailing generals today?

The image is fake. The facebook post it's from is from a fake page.

>you can do that, right?
I dunno, can I?

You dont have to change your bases silly

Just buy the Citadel™ Model Facing Gauge™

Made out of real pot metal, and only $34.99! It even comes with a leather strap so you can wear it outside!

made in china

Isn't that a thing in the allies codex? While I like the idea, after all I'd prefer Hereticus, not a fan of running that much metal

>assuming BoLS and faeit212 are reliable
I'll believe it when GW announces it in a language I speak.

>This one planet that's only significant because of a route that no longer exists is dead you guys! What a slap in the face! Fuck the other trillions of worlds! THIS ONE WAS CALLED THE NAME MY ARMY IS~!

Cadian BTFO

B-b-but Pask's fluff is that he just commandeers and renames a russ whenever his old one gets blown up, which is often.

Not a squad, but a company. That's 100 marines, or 10 units.

Either way, a Dev squad with Heavy bolters would do a fine job of chewing up a horde of conscripts.

What the fuck.

>hur dur dur fucking space marine WAACfags
>Tau isn't even that OP

You're all dipshits

Below is the current breakdown of what armies are winning events. The list combines all the top events for the year so far, taking only the top three winners from Major or GT events.

42 Eldar
22 Daemon
18 Tau Empire
14 Space Marine
11 Dark Angels
10 Chaos Space Marines & Renegades
6 Ad-Mech
6 Genestealer Cults
5 Imperial Knight
4 Astra Militarum
4 Space Wolves
3 Dark Eldar
3 Dark Eldar
3 Necrons
2 Tyranid
1 Harlequin
1 Grey Knight
1 Blood Angel
1 Ork

>It even comes with a leather strap so you can wear it outside!

Or to funerals! That leather strap is the best part of the AoS measuring gauge, pleb.

He could have had a lore change after the fall of cadia where he rides the "last" cadian leman Russ, or it could just be an option along with the other russes

>btw was pask even mentioned in FoC?

People had a minor chimpout when marine bases got bigger. It changed nothing, nobody had to change anything. Whatever that image means, I doubt it means "now all 40k shit has square bases", that decision would make literally zero sense. Why would they do that when they still have a bunch of circle base stock in stores, why would they do that when they just changed "fantasy" bases to circle, why would they do that when it would obviously piss off everybody who buys their main cash cow?

revised, r8

1850 Splinters of Chaos: Unlucky Host
The Purge Detachment (Vraks Renegades and Heretics) [Primary Detachment]
HQ
Renegade Command Squad: 1x Arch Demagogue (Ordnance Tyrant, Devotion of Nurgle), 2x Disciples (lasguns), 1x Disciple Autocannon Team

Elites
Renegade Strike Battery: 2x Renegade Wyverns, 2 heavy flamers
Renegade Strike Battery: 2x Renegade Wyverns, 2 heavy flamers

Troops
20x Plague Zombie Mob
21x Plague Zombie Mob

Heavy Support
Renegade Rapier Laser Destroyer Battery: 3x Rapiers, 6x crew, weapons training

Fortification
Aegis Defense Line, quad gun

Combined Arms Detachment (Chaos Daemons; Heralds of Anarchic)
HQ
Herald of Tzeentch, Paradox Psyker, ML3
Herald of Tzeentch, Endless Grimoire Psyker, ML1
7X Herald of Tzeentch, ML1

Allied Detachment (Chaos Space Marines; Word Bearers)
HQ
Sorcerer on palanquin, master level 3, spell familiar, bolt pistol, force sword

Troops
5x Chaos Space Marines
Rhino, death of kasyr lutein

Heavy Support
Fire Raptor, 2 reaper autocannon batteries, 4 balefire missiles

user, we already had this reaction and discovered quite easily that it's just photoshop.

If anything, I would guess it's some sort of boxed game to help them offload all the leftover square bases.

>3 Dark Eldar
>3 Dark Eldar

???

Just don't pay him any mind, he knows what he's doing

Trying to ruin the thread instead of letting us simple folk hate on tau or post shitty lists to be r8'd

>I suspect a salty WFB faggot

Anyone else feel pain and suffering with DEldar being a weak codex? I love my guys so much but damn we lose a lot

Don't think so. Probably because he probably isn't Cadian

>hur dur dur fucking space marine WAACfags
>Marines in the top 5 twice

>kurwa :DDDDDDDD

Actually I missed last thread. I'm quite happy to know that it's just a shop though, thanks

>poland
Not even once

You're not nearly as bad as us Nid players are.
I FUCKING WISH NIDS WERE AS GOOD AS DELDAR

Well, fuck it. Let's have some fresh hell to look at.

anyone know a place to get pirated golden d6 issues?

Almost positive pask is a cadian, it's why he can head up formations from the cadia book and why he was part of a cadian armoured company

I understand both your pains. Especially when marine players complain :(

Pask is Cadian tho...

>shitty lists to be r8'd
So am i to assume that any list that gets no feedback is shit? With only the most garbage tier lists getting responses?

>bitching about space marines
>not once have you ever mentioned Daemons because you're too stupid to even know which armies are truly WAAC
>added up altogether both marines still don't outnumber Eldar

Now in slightly smaller.

Fuck off faggot I play assault marines.

>Sydonian dragoon
I was unaware they were robo-horses

holy moldslips batman!

Hope they sent a replacement

If players really just wanted to win, couldn't they spend a shit ton of money, and tzeentch pink horror summon spam? And when they die they split into two blue horrors? Jesus fuck thats... shudderworthy. Is there anyway to kill that?

>smaller image
>larger filesize
That isn't how it's supposed to work.

>t. Marinefag

I'm going to be mounting the rider after the cyborg horse is finished.

Would anyone refuse to play this?

Pretty sure it isn't mentioned in the codex if Pask is Cadian...

Good point, but the codex is slim and the imperium of man

What about the gimp though? That's a key feature of the original model.

I wouldn't play against it without the gif
not really

>423rd Cadian Armoured Regiment
Fucking neck yourself you fucking faggot.
Pask has always been a Cadian.

>the gimp
It's the reason I hate the model. When I first saw it, and really up until I got a good look at it, I thought it was pretty cool.

*without the gimp

I guess we're just replacing the servitor gimp with a horse gimp.

5th ed IG codex, btw.

I feel ya. I'm ambivalent towards it, and would probably just tend to ignore it if I built the model.
They're just so dang good on the table for their point cost that I want some for my force.

The lists people post here are either fucking retarded newb lists that require A LOT of work to sometimes even make game legal, or very very tightly build competitive lists that need a very seasoned player to fine tune and most likely play test a few times

>or b8 lists like "r8 my 20 skatbike army!!!!!"

Either way a lot of time it's just not something people want to spend the time and effort on, some people even feel like people who posts list and beg for help either want someone to do all their work or are too entitled

lo I had full replacement (as in then literally send another entire model) for much less than that

Not to mention we get a lot of lists just dumped here without any additional information.

r8 my fluffy itc tourney army list

Lists that get posted on faction specific message boards get responses usually. Sometimes the feed back can be a bit jaded but, that's where I've posted lists and gotten good feedback.

>no Farseer
>Nobz ever
2/10

Probably some sort of functional but, that list lacks any soul and is pure bait cancer.

1500 isn't even ITC bruh

That's the fluff though

Use old ebook unless you just want the extra warlord trait.

Take units of 5 acolytes and a Psyker. Bolters only unless you need the anti-infantry, in which case flamers are decent (more worth than putting them on BS 4 scions).

Those units take Psybolt razorbacks--heavy bolter to keep it cheap or assault cannon to ramp up the dakka.

4 Jokaero and an Inquisitor with Incinerator in a Chimera can lay down a lot of templates, and if you play sneaky, people won't deal with them till they're killing shit. Can do that as your 3rd henchman unit or take a second =][= detachment.

Then take Scions. Formations are decent, as is CAD with 2x comm squads and 2x troops.

GKs/SoB/Deathwatch to taste/detachment limit if you're in a tournament (but in a tourney you might want all DW and GKs instead of Scions).

So does this mean that tau are balanced??

I'm gonna run a C'tan in an Apoc game, but the current portrayal of C'tan bothers me.

So instead, I'm thinking of going Full Ramiel and representing the C'tan as just a floating reflective sphere. It just feels more appropriate that something of that kind of power wouldn't even take on an anthropomorphic form.

What does Veeky Forums think?

I'd be fine with it as long as it's of an appropriate size.

Would people mind if I use eldar rules to proxy my death skulls orks? Thier nobz wield a variety archeotech looted weaponry (wraithguard proxy) and fly around in death koptas (jetbikes)

They'd probably see you as a powegaming faggot

>taking bait this obvious

s-so no word on those Malefactors then huh

If you were really going to do that, go for Necrons. They're far more durable, still initiative 2, but actually tank enough to actually make use of their melee skill.

They even have a bunch of different jump, jetpack, and jetbike units.

90th post for Tzeentch!

It was bait, but good answer. NeCrons likely would be better.

>it's joke

It's obvious satire guys, no one actually runs this cancerous an army... right?

here's my counts as c'tan, what do you mean it's just a grandfather marble?

do it, back in 5th edition people used to make leafblower lists with orks-counts-as-guard

it looks rad if you convert it properly

>nobz but no 'naught
literally unplayable

>implying my response was serious
Nigger ITC isn't even played at 1500, I'm well aware it's a joke.

>inb4 only pretending to be retarded

>something of that kind of power
learn your faction's fluff.
A c'tan shard is not a god

I saw this shit on NAFKA, doesn't that mean its legit? I mean, I got square bases laying around... maybe I should ebay them at inflated cost.

I am trying to make a functional army based around Sternhammer Strike Force from SM Angels of Death and I am struggling to find a way to stay competitive with it without sacrificing the fluff of Imperial Fists. Vindicators and Centurions are pretty costly and hard to distract from. Is there any way to keep my oponent busy without swarming them with drop pods?

what if it's a UK tourney which uses ITC rules, but they still want to play 1500 since that's the european standard

(also ITC is voting on 1500 vs 1850 points atm)