/40krpg/ 40k RPG General

"Psykers are OP but they really aren't" edition.

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk. Inquisitor is okay, but not many people know about it.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

>Why did FFG lose the 40k RPG License?
Because they were bought by Asmodee and that caused some sort of licensing conflict.

>Will GW make their own 40k RPGs now?
Probably not. But if they do it will likely be worse than you could possibly imagine.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.15) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
mediafire.com/file/w1d6aq5cdr6anmh

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.13) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/file/d28i243u2k7di3z

Do you think, with all the changes to 40k, and the death of the RPG line, the playerbase will get ever more fragmented, to the point it will be impossible to find a game that matches your feelings / headcanon?

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0U0ie6bLKTv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's already impossible to find games. But I play with my circle of friends so it's not going to effect our games.

So as I asked right as the thread ended,what could be an interesting way to do Chaos Dwarfs in Deathwatch? What could be their general capabilities? What about making Skaven or Ogres work in 30k?

>death of the RPG line
SORRY WAT
I've been out of the loop for a year or two, what's going on?

FFG decided not to renew the 40k license.

I HATE THIS PLANET

Skaven are Hrud, and Ogres are Ogryn.

Chaos Dwarves would be like Chaos Squats. Lots of superheavy machinery, including titans, goliaths, and colossi, backed up with cybernetica, tough infantry with heavy ranged firepower, and subterranean machinery like termites. Very little "fast attack" ability, and few medium / light vehicles.

There's a high chance that some other company will get the license.

I can only hope it remains compatible with the previous 40k RPGs.

>Very little "fast attack" ability
>he doesn't know.....

Normal Squats use trikes. I didn't see any reference to them in Chaos Squat descriptions. They seem to focus on different warfare types.

Running a game of DH2 soon. It'll be the last campaign I run with my group of three years, so I don't want to fuck anything up too bad. I'm considering incorporating a recurring troupe of horsebound nurglite thralls whose putridity is so potent that they've entered local folktales as bogeymen. They'll serve more as a recurring threat than an aspect of the main plot. Is there any way I can make them more interesting or threatening without just outright buffing them?

>Chaos Squat descriptions
sauce that shit, nigga
I know they're mentioned, but I don't recall ANYTHING specific about their shit in 1st/2nd.

Besides surrounding myself with nullrods and blanks, how do I approach being a witchfinder?

There's minor descriptions of Chaos Squats in Epic (Chaos Renegades), as well as the 2nd Edition 40k books (those I have as hardcopy). The former, specifically, describes them as constructing daemon engines alongside the Dark Mechanicum, maintaining and constructing titans, and favoring heavy firepower. Beyond this is mostly
>implication

Places they've been slowly die and rot long before then?

The obvious would be Chaos Squats, but that's fucking dumb.

I'd make it a Chaos corrupted high grav super massive forgeworld. One that has brought a number of neighboring systems under heel. You could even go nuts and have them manufacture reverse (anti?) soulstones that they use to trap daemons and then slot those into automatons that act as their heavy infantry. Fuck you could even have them so isolated that they actually had an STC to make Astartes armour, but no troops that would fit in them, so they made the daemon stones to power them.

Start the Killteam against what they think are Traitor Marines and have the mastery slowly unfurl.

Actually I might use this idea.

That really does make me wonder how they get the daemon to stick to the engine.

>STC astartes armor
>STC
>Astartes

Give them a headless horseman, black rider kind of feel. Like everyone dismisses them as folklore but everyone's still a little worried.
>"That's a nasty cough you have Thaddeus"
>"Ha ha! If it keeps up I'll visit the hospitalers wouldn't want grey riders to catch me"
>"Ha ha!"
>eyes dart about and both make the sign of the Aquila

Daemon Engines use the same Cybernetica cortex core container as normal battle automata. However, instead of a bioplastic cortex, they chuck a daemon inside, lock it shut, and hope for the best. Systems are close otherwise.

Does STC predate the Emperor? My knowledge of the 40k timeline isn't great. But whatever, it's a wide galaxy and alot of shit can happen.

Hell, make them have the ability to make new STCs, but spoiler alert its a shard of the Voiddragon and there's weird internal strife in the forge as some worship the shard and others worship Chaos.

You don't actually know what an STC is do you?

Alright hit me Mr..Robot.

So I'm pretty sure I'm stupid but what is the best starting ship, and parts for it for RT? I've made a few but none of them see good enough for a party of explorers who plan on getting into combat to steal mad loot and alien ass.

Best ship overall is the Repulsive Grand Cruiser.

Best affordable ship is the Meritech Raider, especially in its class.

When talking about STCs, there are two types. STC print outs that tell you how to make one specific thing in one specific way and an actual STC which is the holy grail of human techonology that can tell how you to make more holy grails of almost whatever you want from swords to ships to tanks to toasters with whatever you have available.

They were made for colonists during the dark age of technology so they could make whatever they needed when they got to wherever they went. Space marines and their equipment would not be STC tech as they were made at least 5 thousand years after the end of the dark age of technology.

Quite a few pieces of technology made by admech is actually new, but is claimed to be STC derivatives for 'I made this from an STC, not on my own, I am not a heretek' reasons.

I've made a tonne of ships, it's one of the things I love about RT, and I can tell you there is no single "best starting ship".

You cruisers can do things frigates can't, and vice versa. Not to mention the more ship points you have, the less Profit Factor you have (it might suck to get stuck with a shit ship, but 40+ PF is pretty nice to start with when it comes to buying anything you want).

So I'll continue in my next post outlining some of the things that work and don't work.

Thank you both, I'm perfectly fine with a low Profit factor at the start as are a few of the other people I'll be playing with. I've just got shit knowledge on RT compared to Only War or DH 2.0, or hell even Death watch.

Okay so I knew all of that. And NONE of that invalidates what I said in

I made a really pimping Raider that specialized in hit and runs using silent running to sneak up on opposing ships. FUCK THEM. Then run and hide again.

It worked real well against orks because their sensors are bad and they can't turn good.

>Beyond this is mostly
>>implication
Precisely!
So why the hell would chaos squats NOT have the same bikes they had before they went chaos?
BEARDED SONS OF SLAANESH - WE RIDE!!!!

Well levelling and such is more like Deathwatch than the other two games, just as an aside.

As for larger ships, there's a lot of options depending on what the focus of your group is, and it's hard to know what exactly to suggest without specifics. The Meritech Raider is a great choice for its class, but suffers the same penalty all Raiders have, a lack of space for other stuff. But it is very easy to turn into a fast and deadly gunboat if that's what you're looking for.

If you should want a ship with launch bays (which can offer a wide range of strategic and roleplaying flexibility), I've come to the conclusion that it's just not worth it unless you do it as a Cruiser, since Light Cruisers can only fit the 'small' ones and don't have enough space for them and all the other things you'll want on your ship. The Conquer Star-Galleon from Battlefleet Koronus is a good ship, it's a cruiser but counts as a transport and can take parts for either. It's relatively weak at fighting but has all kinds of space for creating a ship that's outfitted with a lot of facilities. If you do go for a Cruiser, you're likely to run out of ship points before you run out of space and/or power, but you can always add components later.

Otherwise a large Frigate, or Light Cruiser would be perfect for most purposes and will let you produce a rather well armed ship that has plenty of space left over for you to fit in all kinds of useful components, or make a very solid warship.

Well we're perfectly okay spending most of the SP on the ship at the start. We kinda like the thought of it being a newly 'acquired' ship with a few things left over that we recently bought as a throw away or something for a new system. I apologizes. I'm not used to using these forms.

That sounds bad ass.
There is an issue however, in that this is for a 30k era game and I'm not sure how much blatant chaos I can get away with before "weird psyker xenos" stops being convincing.That said, I may use most of that regardless.

>pace marines and their equipment would not be STC tech as they were made at least 5 thousand years after the end of the dark age of technology.
Then how did that Technarchy that Horus completely demolished have a MEQ?

Well there is one type of Cruiser, one of the cheaper hulls too, that is known for being a class that's built exclusively to order by people who are rich as fuck. That's also in BFK.

A Light Cruiser would probably be perfect then. They can have port and starboard guns, and a prow/dorsal mount as well. This could have been the former flagship of the person you took it from, so it might be decorated with trophies, or have some really shady modifications installed, like stealth systems or xenos components. One of the really good components is a Tenebro-Maze, since it lets you choose which components are hit by criticals, instead of the GM.

shitty geedubs/bile 'writers'

What would the larger ships be used for, Like Battlefields and Grand Cruisers?

You can look at Horus Heresy Book 3 and 6, to see the slow descent. It wasn't all daemons immediately. For the Mechanicum, it wasn't a sudden fall, as much as it was sauntering vaguely downwards.

>Then how did that Technarchy that Horus completely demolished have a MEQ?
I'm not sure why this is even a question. Obviously, they had heavily augmented troops in STC pattern armor, using power weapons and some kind of gun in the S4-5 AP 4 range. That's literally what MEQ means, Marine EQuivalent. It hardly means they are using the exact same equipment.

Well, battleships aren't something available to rogue traders, while battle cruisers and grand cruisers are the kinds of things that act as flagships for whole fleets, and are also generally too expensive for most starting groups to have and fill out. But they do also offer a tremendous amount of space and firepower, especially the grand cruisers.

I was also wondering if anyone had any suggestions or inspiration for me and my Rogue Trader group. I'm doing a bunch of pre-planning and our GM loves it when we have ideas he can incorporate into things.

The core of the idea is we're the Captain and command crew of a Cruiser that was 'rewarded' with a Warrant of Trade after the Captain made himself a hero and in the process pissed off a Lord General who rose up from the Guard, by showing everyone that he 'knew better' than his superior officer when it came to naval strategy. He couldn't be executed for disobeying orders since his crew loved him and the Navy would be pissed off, so he was rewarded with the Warrant and his old ship as a "screw you" from the Lord General, but it also had the requirement that he needs to conquer several worlds for the Imperium every century (thinking one every 10 or 20 years, probably the latter).

Aside from that being a good primary focus for the ship and crew, I was wondering what other things we could go with (in addition to everyone's personal goals)? Space has been showing Andromeda lately, and it's given be one or two vague ideas involving a lost sister ship of the group's Cruiser, and such. Something to give the ship more personality since I'm going with the idea that while the Warrant is very new, the ship is an ancient one. But beyond that, I've kinda run out of ideas.

I meant Battle-Cruisers, thanks brain. Which of those are the best or are they 2 diffferent to truly compare?

I'm not going to dig out the book and quote it to you. But they were called something like "Brotherhood Warriors" and had power armour and used bolters.

Grand cruisers tend to have more space and are capable of heavier broadside armament, but are (slightly) slower and less maneuverable than battlecruisers. They also cost more ship points to buy. With the cheapest hull being 69 points, unless you go with the one that's pre-built as a carrier, in which case it's technically 67 when you subtract the cost for the 2 included launch bays.

If you go with either one of them, you might find you end up with 'too much ship'. Especially since Battlecruisers only have slightly more space than regular Cruisers.

>Best ship overall is the Repulsive Grand Cruiser.
Why would you pick that over an Overlord Class Battlecruiser?

Probably something to do with it being the only one that doesn't have only port and starboard weapons.

More space, speed, hull for just +5 SP?

It has more space, hull, and turrets, for just +5 SP. You lose some armor, but that can be made up with the right background package or lucky history roll. That, and the ship looks tight as fuck.

STC doesn't predate the Emperor, but it does predate the Imperium and Astartes as well.
Unification wars and subsequental Age of the Imperuim happened long after Dark Age of Technology, which saw the creation of various kinds of nanocheese.
However, it's likely possible that the Emperor(or more like Mechanicus, who he tasked with creation) based Astartes PA on the remnants of that same STC pattern, because during the beggining of Heresy, Horus met with the Technocracy, possessing that same STC and described as having warriors in armour closesly resembling that of the spess marines.

>for just +5 SP
+15 hull, +12 space, +1 turret rating, -2 Manoeuvrability, -1 armour. Later on I could see it, but not so much to kick off a campaign.
>You lose some armor, but that can be made up with the right background package or lucky history roll
Yeah, you would have to do it that way, because it can't take components that increase armour.

I once had the bestest best idea of actually going to hunt for space hulk and wrestling cruisers from the, automatically gaining said history.
Fuck, why can't I have a good game with fucking anyone?

For the majority of games and probabilities, you can only ever have ship such as this at the generation.

Which means you're starting off with a massive ship and 1SP to customise it with, assuming you didn't spend any on background package.

Actually if you're setting it in 30k you could do all sorts of shit with the concept of "traitor legions". The players might suspect it's one of the lost Primarchs, one of Pertrabo's pet projects, proto-Grey Knights, some sort of Astartes Black Ops team, the list goes on.

And you could have them identify the deamonstones as AI that power a highly advanced automaton. And good fucking luck if they plug the the AI into something the daemon can infect (literally).

Well, you can buy poor quality weapons, they aren't quite as bad compared to the human-sized.
2 poor broadsides of macrocannons are still quite capable of ruining the day of most opponents.

That's stupid, you should just find a smaller ship, ram it into submission (shouldn't take many) and take their guns.

And how would you do that with only a single weapon on a ship?
You should do both, actually. Or rather just capture the ship and sell it for a couple of tasty PF points and refit your own chip.

How do you get a weapon slot? You should have 0.

>spend your 1 SP one a sweet trophy room or other ostentatious component
>Find another ship
>invite captain of other ship to check out sweet component
>ram the ship when he's on your ship
>take the guns from other ship
>find another ship

While that sounds incredibly stupid, that's very rogue traderish thing do.
I can't think like that.

Doing it now, Thank you. You mad man, my GM will be caught way off guard.

Poor quality can't reduce SP cost below 1.

I don't recall exactly where it is written.

You're not thinking big enough. Luckily I found you an old post of mine in the archives and screencapped it for you to get some inspiration from.

That wasn't a question; it's in Battlefleet Koronus.

>In addition, although Poor Craftsmanship Components reduce Ship Point costs by 1, this can only be reduced to a minimum of 1.

Right, I just checked core and its and nothing. I'll go download BFK.

It might be in the errata, but he's right, since I was using it for that purpose with the cruiser I mentioned here. I'm cheating in my game too though. I want a wardrive for my Cruiser but we don't really have the ship points to spare, unless someone else makes a Child of Dynasty, because Fuck having our cruiser lose power because someone takes out the main drive. So in exchange I'm giving it -1 speed, which is a pretty significant penalty (not too much, since we took the speed boosting Archeotech too). My GM is pretty cool so it's not likely to be a problem.

Feel free to steal my ship for your own use.

Hah.
Our GM cared very little about being rules lawyer.
So I once had a Havok Class Raider with a Mars Pattern Macrocannon Broadside on the Dorsal slot.
Yes, I've actually asked him and he said it was correct.
Said raider also gained some unknown Xeno Plasma Drive much later, providing 50 Power amd taking 4 Space. Although it was of Poor Quality and barely understood.
Sadly, the game died about the same time I gained all that, so I didn't suffer any complications from such tech heresy.

>poor quality components
You and I have very different idea on how to trade rogue.

Our's doesn't care about them too much either. And gets annoyed at players who quibble over minor rules shit. Another example is how he almost never uses endeavor points, but we still have a cargo hold because we might need to hold cargo (like ammo or provisions for our troops).

He also once gave us a raider with 2 bombardment cannons on it. But I'm also kinda autistic about ship design. And in the above case I wanted to include a bit of something for everyone. Repair bays and shit can be added later, and for logical reasons. Plus I'm hoping he'll be so happy we got pre-prepared for the game and have a generally unified group idea, that he'll just let us have the background package for free (while flexible, he's also a carrot and stick style GM... and sometimes the carrot is the stick, heh, but tends to not let us go overboard with starting or acquired loot).

But at the same time we've had cases where a piece of equipment, when given too much leeway, ended up becoming someone's immediate answer to every problem. In the case I mean it was a jet pack. In my case, for a while, I had a tendency to threaten an orbital bombardment if I didn't get my way. He's better at curbing that kind of shit now.

It was necessary to get a Cruiser with enough space for our purposes, without leaving too much of it empty. Could have saved 2 points if we didn't grab Vessel of the Fleet, but being on good terms with the Navy works to our advantage in several ways (for one thing, we get preferential treatment and prices at Port Wander)

Also it ties into the backstory I have. Since my RT pissed off the Lord General he used his influence to have a shitty job done installing my ship's bombardment cannons and barracks. While the ship's engines were damaged from straining to make it to a battle in time, and weren't fully repaired.

The story goes (very briefly) is that the ship's Captain was ordered to disengage from a battle he was winning, to support another one. He didn't and ended up winning that battle and then rushing off to the next one, arriving in time to ambush the enemy fleet from behind and turn it into a massacre. Making the navy love him too much for the Lord General to go at directly. Hence the Warrant of Trade, the insulting requirement to conquer planets like a grubby infantryman, and the shoddily installed components for doing the job.

Endeavor system and basic profit factor gaining rules in RT are retarded, and too easy to exploit, so good GM points to him.
You're using cargo holds the way they need to be used.
I'm also very greedy with ships. Trying to include everything of the bestest best is really tiring, especially when you count Archaeotech and upgrades.
Also you're just lucky with your warrant terms. If that were Imperial Worlds, you'd hardly have much opportunity to threaten with bombardments out of fear of losing the warrant, but for rogue worlds? Not so much.
Good for you to have everything you need for a good game.

So, I tried getting help in the last general thread but no one took notice.

Agents accidentally summoned a swarm of space wasps into the underhive of Gunmetal.

Where can I go with this? Because a swarm psychically impregnating populace with brain larva is kind of a red flag. But gunmetal is a massive cornerstone of the infrastructure of the sector so I can't see the powers at be just nuking it from orbit.

I can see a quarantine set up where no ones allowed in or out. But basically the party just threw the plot of Apostasy Gambit out the window.

Any suggestions?

>Good for you to have everything you need for a good game.
Aye. And it'll be nice watching the explosions on the horizon while we do a ground assault. Just as long as they don't get too close.

I'm hoping we can set up somewhere near the Breaking Yards, and start building some Cobras or something else 'simple', while getting most of the components from the scrappers. Really depends on whether our first world or two has an industrial base. Also thinking of using them for the parts to 'repair' our poor components. I also just suggested our tech-priest can use an asteroid or two for experiments without worrying about destroying our own stuff.

They'd definitely try and lock the place down with a quarantine like you said, and the PDF would be moved out in in force if Hax is aware of the situation. If it's not generally known to the powers that be then both the Arbites and Inquisition are likely to be tipped off to the weird shit going down and will have teams investigating to see what's going on, and then the PDF will lock things down on their orders, before probably being ordered to go in and kill everything living (Scintilla's PDF are probably as good as guard, it being Sector Capital).

I don't understand the problem you're facing.
Psychneuein infestation is a serious shit, but generally only for psykers, is it not? And if I got you right, they've summoned only one swarm.
So let their psyker die a particularly gruesome death if he fail to resist, but otherwise only call in the cavalry once the psyker(astropaths) epidemy becomes serious enough.
Beyond that, authorities hardly can discover that it's your damn acolytes are responsible.
Remind me, exactly how they've summoned them? I don't remember specifics, but I think it requires a psyker to fuck up badly, or botch some ritual.
So even if big people discover the source of the problem, they'll unlikely to know exactly who did that or care all that much. Well, unless they pour stronk divinations into uncovering, in which case your acolytes are fucked and your inquisitor is going to have some talk about recruiting standarts.

Wasn't it because they were bought by Asmodée?

>Paul Bonner
>Eat melta, mutant scum
dis is good.

Guy asking about psy foci from last thread. My player has expressed interest in making such an item (good-best quality psy-focus) for themselves. That seems more than a simple influence test, but I'm not sure how to mechanically represent that. Also, lorewise, what would such entail?

In a slightly related question, is there any cybernetics that help psykers? What's with the head tubes in all the artwork?

Have a ship to go with all this RT discussion.

Thats what I thought. I've considered swapping to Only War and letting them play as a squadron as they make incursion into the underhive trying to combat the swarm.

I don't see the problem.
Either you run it like a 21+ reputation modifier:
>Disaster. At this point, terms like “Public Execution” and “Surgical Strike” are being tossed around town on both sides, yours and the enemies'. Once this stage in “Public Relations” has been reached, it is no longer possible to proceed to Act Three of this adventure. Most likely, your group has squads of Imperial Guard rounding up all deviants to be processed, interrogated, and executed. Venomskin will never be found, and Blinding Gulch will become a ghost town, lost to paperwork and history.
Or you add Psychneuein as a fourth faction to the final brawl of Act II
Or your party comes back to the cathedral empty-handed, and you choose between dropping some subtle hints about Vraine's involvement or make him confront the acolytes directly so the adventure can continue.

Why would you need to swap for that? They can go on in without being a squadron, and I think they have a reasonable chance of winning before anything serious even happened to local psykers. If they can arm themselves good enough or are experienced.
After that, they can continue your original plot.

Derp... the above was meant for So to answer your questions in order:

Psychneuein lore is scarce, but basically they attack psykers brains in warp space and implant larva which eventually burst out into real-space in small numbers. Currently their is a massive swarm in real space.

Psyker noped his way out the moment the swarm took to the air.

The rest of the team eventually reported to their Inquisitor what went down in the underhive.

A long standing player of mine decided he was going to try and accumulate ALL the corruption. I use the alternative corruption path located in Radicals Handbook. So where he would have got a random mutation instead he rolled the dice and was offered a Dark Pact. After which we sat down and poured over options and decided that Balphomael was a nice option as his new pimp. After which it was just a matter of Invoking the Daemon. In this case he didn't send a greater servant so much as a hoard of lessers.

Like I said above, the surviving Agents reported what they know. The non-heretical ones were able to report that from a breach in real-space poured forth space wasps and they prioritized getting the fuck out of there. The one that decided to go all warpy used the resulting confusion and panic to slip away and board passage out to the Koronus Expanse instead of face judgement.

Fire, and lots of it.
Further, you need PEOPLE.
Remember that witches are humans, and humans are social animals.
You must be able to get in people's ears, accrue rumors and hearsay, get leads. Unless you go full Ecclesiarchy witch hunt, you need to be able to do the investigating.
Honestly, when it comes time, you'd be better served with a poisoned dagger in the dark compared to a full assault.
Once, rather than allow themselves to be burned at the stake, a rather powerful (psy rating 5/6) witch actively just pulled the veil as hard as he could in an active attempt to allow himself to be possessed.
It ended badly for everyone else.

>That seems more than a simple influence test, but I'm not sure how to mechanically represent that. Also, lorewise, what would such entail?
It would be an influence test if he decided to acquire it from someone else, but it's one of those "You need to put in the work to find someone who actually can provide one" deals.
First, does the character have any idea who to approach about such a thing?
For your part, the Inquisition, Astra Telepathica, perhaps the Munitorum, and Mechanicus would all be the most logical stops to try for such a thing. Rogue Traders are also a possibility.
As for entail, footwork. Bargaining, promises, owing favors and pulling them thru before you get the goods.
>is there any cybernetics that help psykers?
No, not really. I think there was an implant in RT or DH1e that gave unnat Willpower, but you'd have to hunt.
>What's with the head tubes in all the artwork?
It's 40k, baybee, err'thing got tubes.
>pic related, a psyker with his best quality psy focus

How would one make a functionable but PTSD stricken character in dark heresy 2E? Be it an imperial guard soldier who lost too many comrades or a Chirurgeon who just couldn't save enough?

Wondering if i should develop it as his background or maybe manifest it later once insanities start to rack up if he survives that long. Maybe an addiction to Obscura to get that peace of mind and keeping the memories at bay.

Start with a phobia or psychosis that has a specific trigger, make him a tranq addict.
And do your research, user.
I've seen real ptsd episodes, they are scary as fuck and make absolutely no sense to the minds of any one else. If you are going to do this, do it justice.

This makes me so sad.

I wonder what if tg will start recruiting? There are enough people around who wants to play, even if many already have someone.
Weekend text based something cannot be too hard.
Bad game is better than none, I'd say.

I can't find anything saying if you are allowed to wear armor under a void suit. The fact that there are void suits with their own AP makes me think maybe not.

However, I'm going to run the intro adventure for my group soon, and they are likely going to be attacked in a void environment at some point. I don't want to leave them getting instantly fucked because they have no armor, but do I have a choice? Also how do you stop any hit being a one hit kill due to depressurization?

Thanks.

It would highly depend on the armour. An armoured body glove? Sure. Carapace armour? Likely not.

And there's rules in their somewhere about void suit punctures and patching them.

You can wear it as long as the void suit is big enough to fit it and not tear etc. But you only get the highest of the two AP

I'm sort of torn between these two approaches right now. It's not like exact void suit sizing is a rules matter, and its not too hard to imagine a basic suit designed to fit over armor. That being said, I would certainly add the the weight of the suit which may be enough to cause problems for some explorers. Which is fine, because going into space is not a trivial matter.

Also you're generally wearing armor to protect you from harm, and a voidsuit OVER aror is like to get fucked the first time you get hit by some xenos energy weapon

I actually did a DH like that. The reason he was an acolyte was because he was the only guardsmen on his entire planet to survive an encounter with The Necron.

He became obsessed with algorthims and numbers stepping on the tech-priests toes, but being metaphysical as fuck about it and becoming severely autistic about good luck charms and refusing to do anything unless he saw a pattern.

The numbers and babble seemingly lead nowhere. Noone could make heads or tails of it, and it sure as hell was not "the machine demons" as he put it he was trying to emulate. He would never even speak of what he saw in the necrons.

No... the necron fucked him up and left his mind completely open to the warp. One PC figured it out what I had intended and realized he was, unknowingly or not... a cultist of Tzeetch trying to find existential answers to the "why" that is grimdark.

I guess I imagined the players trying to wear their standard armor they would wear in atmosphere. In my mind the standard void suit was kinda bulky, which would preclude fitting your regular armor over it (especially helmets). I found the vacuum rules but still looking for specifics on when a void suit breach would occur.

When a character in environmentally sealed armor (like power armor) takes damage = the AP, the armor is considered breached and no longer e-sealed until it's repaired or patched.

Voidsuits presumably apply the same logic, and those with no AP are breached when you take 1 damage

Is this the right thread to discuss the regimental standard?

Because I just did a blind reading of the newest one if anyone feels like giving it a listen.

vocaroo.com/i/s0U0ie6bLKTv

Yeah I was going to use that, which is why someone might want to try to wear the armor over the void suit like suggested.

Of course, as the GM I can say its okay to do, but I prefer to stick to the spirit of the rules whenever possible.

This may be unnecessarily complicated, but my 'tism needs me to make this work in a way that makes sense to me.

So I'm thinking of letting the arms, body and legs of the void suit go under the player's normal armor, but their normal helmet needs to go under the void helmet. This makes headshots an instant suit breach, yet lets them avoid getting heads asploaded instantly. Thoughts?