/ysg/- Yog-Sothothery General

/ysg/- Yog-Sothothery General

Thread to discuss Lovecraftian Veeky Forums (like Delta Green and Call of Cthulhu) as well as Lovecraft's works for inspiration and everything fucking else.

>Previous Thread:
>For finding local players
yog-sothoth.com/articles.html

>The Texts of Lore that Men were not meant to know:
eldritchdark.com
hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/

>PDF Archive:

>Call of Cthulhu
mediafire.com/folder/h9qjka0i4e75t/Call_Of_Cthulhu

>Atchung! Cthulhu
mega.nz/#F!ywcHkIAA!ycphEhCOkbnjOvAQ4t7TBg

>Pulp Cthulhu
mega.nz/#!L9EFWSIT!o6clZxfdrVSOLkmcQz3wQ2Af9-hKsUxKc7214VynuY4

-----------------------------------------

Thread question: Why are players so thick-skulled? Share stories about when the players fell for obvious shit or failed to pick up on obvious clues

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/3wewotnl3ns5vn3/CoC - DG - Rulebook - Delta Green Rulebook.pdf
mediafire.com/?njg3a0ne7v130
mediafire.com/download/f3ygcpda5cfitl7/CoC - DG - Rulebook - Countdown.pdf
dropbox.com/s/6vc7fuxg5n5jyfd/Delta Green Need to Know.pdf?dl=1
uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1461968691
drive.google.com/open?id=0B3puo-NNPA2bQVNTN2RlLURYX0E
youtube.com/watch?v=1ArVj3c5_sY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

so one of my players wants to play a historical figure in our CoC 1920's campaign. Any pitfalls of this I should be aware of?

He wants to play as George Washington Carver

If I've told you once I've told you a thousand times: Delta Green belongs in the pasta you silly sausage

>The Group (Old and Busted)

>Delta Green 6th edition - mediafire.com/download/3wewotnl3ns5vn3/CoC - DG - Rulebook - Delta Green Rulebook.pdf
>CoC Delta Green - mediafire.com/?njg3a0ne7v130
>Countdown - mediafire.com/download/f3ygcpda5cfitl7/CoC - DG - Rulebook - Countdown.pdf

>The Program (The New Hotness)

>Need to Know - dropbox.com/s/6vc7fuxg5n5jyfd/Delta Green Need to Know.pdf?dl=1
>Agent's Handbook - uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1461968691
>Case Officer's Handbook Preview drive.google.com/open?id=0B3puo-NNPA2bQVNTN2RlLURYX0E

new OP who dis

I've been tossing around a new idea. If a PC is a war veteran, they get the skill "shell shock xx%" and an additional combat skill of their choice (xx equals that skill's initial%). They may spend an additional number of points toward their other combat skills equal to the amount placed in shell shock.

If a gun fires or another PTSD-trigger happens, he must roll against shell shock and becomes incapacitated for 1d4/1 minutes or rounds. Extreme "success" allows the keeper to gain control of the PC for 1 round.

Bump

Sounds interesting but could possibly make a character basically unplayable in any combat scenario unless you only do like 10% max

Heh, your player and me would've either been pals or he'd hate me. I tried joining a game as George Rockwell of the American Nazi Party and portrayed Jews as Lovecaftian cultists and took Yugioh lore to represent their "magi tech" of soulless demon machines that would later become the internet in sort of cyberpunk type shit. In game he'd be seen as suspicious apologizing for the communists that "they are a lesser evil and will not sell us out to machine devils".

youtube.com/watch?v=1ArVj3c5_sY
And linked that.

GM was a libcuck though and could not appreciate the forethought. What a miserable existence it must be.

I'm a Jew and I'd support you. Who's this faggot to tell you who you can or cannot play.

If someone was completely new to Lovecraftian style stories, where would you tell them to start? Specificly, what book or collection should i read first?

Dream Quest. If they don't appreciate it call them a pleb and cut contact.

Don't listen to this idiotdreamquest is obtuse and weird and is in no way a fair introduction to Lovecraft. ESPECIALLY if one just wants to play coc for fun. Try Call of Cthulhu first; then Case of Charles Dexter Ward, Dunwich Horror, Mountains of Madness.

Man, as a libcuck myself; that's hilarious, and I'd totally let you play in one of my games, holy fuck my sides are in fucking orbit.

Nothing is more fun than dreamworld scenarios

If they have class they will appreciate dreamquest.
Some of his best lore and gives you a real appreciation for the man's thought process.

Dream Quest is cool but I agree with the other user saying it's not the best introduction to Lovecraft, especially if you're trying to introduce someone who is expecting the typical idea of what is "Lovecraftian" or isn't used to pre-Tolkien fantasy.

By all means recommend Dream Quest if it seems like he'd be down for something that's comepletely not what he's probably expecting but if not give him Rats in the Walls, Shadow Over Innsmouth, hell even Reanimator or Haunter of the Dark.

What scenarios are people running now or is everyong on Delta Green?

>Mountains of Madness

Don't read this first. It demystifies a bunch of stuff. I would read it last in all honesty.

Read Innsmouth first. I feel like it works as the best introduction, because it does the most hinting instead of telling.

All of the new scenarios in the works seem to be Kickstarter projects that I don't feel like dropping money on now so I'm stuck on new DG for a while.

Horrors of War fucking when, Glancy?

How is shadow over innsmouth not on your list. It is both cosmic, and easily the best intro because there is actually some action. I'd say that or dunwich horror are the best intros.

There's a girl in one of my classes who has a bit of an Innsmouth look going on. It's somewhat unsettling.

Running Night rooms tonight, hoping to kill my players first agents off (this campaign was kind of a fuck around thing to get used to the rules) , i've started researching what I want to do for my next campaign. I want to do some kind of crazy, Santa muerte narco cultists and insane border bureaucracy in the near future American south. Anyone have any ideas about how to intersect Santa muerte and the mythos? My idea is a cult based around an ancient, skeletal priestess of nyarlathotep, but the idea is still in its early stages.

Anyone running or playing in any interesting games right now?

Get. On. It.

This Do you want your kids to live forever? Hell, you might even get some of that gold stuff out of it.

But she's not even a real New Englander! How do I know it's really Deep One genetics?

Deep Ones are everywhere mang.

If she has that innsmouth look it means dtf. Every time bruh.

Measure the time between each of her blinks