Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: →
>The_Quick_And_The_Vitriolic_4_YERTZED_Edition.trid
>Roadkill_&_Roadskill_The_Best_Of_Combat_Biker.blog
>Five_Scalped_in_Sidewinders_Bang_Up.news
>Yamaha_Buyers_Guide.ctlg

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 19 (80% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message: "Do you keep parking in the handicap zone because you're retarded?"
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Infinite_Speed.btl

>Drive straight
>Conserve gas
>And never, ever forget your seat belt and helmet

Wheelman Edition
Tell us about your yertzed out ride. Do you prefer speed or muscle? What tunes are you bumping as the street sammy returns fire from your passenger side?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/mwxMtjS8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it just me, or do all your non-driver characters end up with motorcycles? It seems like every time I finish building out the character, I always have enough for a decent bike with some necessary mods (like spoofing) but no real car.

Dodge Scoot with metahuman customisation, so my loltroll can ride it around inside buildings like a circus muderclown on a miniature bicycle. He carries it on his back when he has to walk.

Will look into upgrading to Realistic Features so he can pretend it's a little pony.

"Oh sweet, the stripper's here!"

You're gonna have to elaborate a bit more because I don't see how that's possible.

My pistol adept has a motorcycle. It's not great, but it gets me from point A to point B, and it's easy to fire from.

I also made a rigger that has a pickup truck with a truly absurd amount of armor (for a pickup truck).

I would like to know more too.

sometimes, all you can afford is a scootypuff

My face couldn't afford one at character gen. But he has points in pilot ground craft 'cause he will definitely branch out into it. It'll be as an AR adept too thanks to that delicious Improved Reflexes 3.
>gotta talk fast and eventually drive fast

(moving to the new thread, apparently)

You take Pilot Origins, Designer and the other such qualities at chargen. Get into an argument with your GM about whether or not Pilot Origins is based on vehicle class or locomotion method. Get into an argument about whether you can stack drone armour mods and regular-person armour. Buy all the appropriate autosofts you'll need with karma.

Once you're in career mode, scrimp and save the 50 Karma for Exceptional Entity, then scrimp and save the 75 Karma for Depth 7 and 8. At that point, assuming you haven't already been hacked and/or are in a new game because no Shadowrun game makes it past a hundred karma, you've got a tolerable Chappie.

OK, that makes more sense. Saving up 125 karma is gonna suck but it's doable.

You can't stack drone armor with something like an armor jacket, but I'd let an anthroform drone wear a helmet and use securetech PPP kits and shields.

So does anyone actually use any of that Court of Shadows stuff?

One of my characters uses a theme park style mascot costume from a 'Forest Friends Pizza Village' that he's refitted with armor and stuff to conceal his identity during runs.

I'm having a hard time picking a good name for the mascot character that his suit is based on, though, other than that it's a bear. Any suggestions on what to call a child-friendly bear mascot in the sixth world?

Duckling Jones.
Bear Arms.
Mr. Fluffy.
Cottom Death.
Forest Friend.

>Wheelman Edition
>Tell us about your yertzed out ride. Do you prefer speed or muscle? What tunes are you bumping as the street sammy returns fire from your passenger side?
I am the streetsam, but I do have a nice ride. It's a GMC Phoenix with +2 Handling, +2 concealed armor, Anti-theft 3, metahuman adjustment, increased seating, spoof chip, morphing license plate and high quality run flat tires. Before I'm done with it, I'll add a disguised heavy weapon mount with a heavy machine gun (disguised as a supercharger), a rank 4 nanobot repair system, luxury accomodations and Yerzed Out 4. For the record, the last two will mean the following and then some:
>ourborous hubcaps
>green scale paintjob
>viper head design on "supercharger"
>"hissing" carhorn
>real snakeskin leather for all the upholstery
>Sangre del Diablo wood for all the panels

Can I get some opinions from y'all? I've built an aug'd-to-the-gills infiltrator, a master thief who can change her face basically at will - along with her skin tone, height, cup size, and with some slight rules lawyering her apparent metatype (retractable casemodded fangs for tusks, and a regular disguise kit for ear pointing).

Her backstory is pretty simple; she grew up as a street kid in the barrens who had to steal to eat. She was good at it. So when she had enough to eat, she stole for things to fence to make money. She used that money to get chrome so she could steal better, which led to better chrome, which led to better heists, ad nauseum.

I find myself in need of a negative quality or two to finish the build off, and can't decide what to take. I'm toying with the following ideas, but am open to suggestions:
Blank Slate: This is a bit of a refluff - rather than abusing personasofts, she's played so many characters over the years during her heists, and while laying low afterward, that she really doesn't have much of a personality of her own anymore.
Compulsive (Kleptomania): She steals based on instinct sometimes. Fortunately, she's got the chops to get away with it.
Code of Honor (Does not kill metahumans): She's a thief, not a murderer.

Barrens Rat and Faceless (both in Hard Targets 191)

Scrumbles.

Don't forget the external trid projectors to make it look like there are snakes gathering around your ride.

Well faceless was exactly what I was looking for, but I can't fit Barrens Rat in without dropping something. I currently have Biocompatability (Cyberware), which is required for all my augmentations. I also have Alibi, Erased, and Innocuous, and I suppose I could drop any one of those for Barrens Rat - but is it worth it if I have smuggling compartments built in?

No, concealability is easy enough to jank out that barrens rat is never worth it for anyone.

>but is it worth it if I have smuggling compartments built in?

Its not terribly necessary, no. Its easily replaced by a couple concealed pockets in your armor/clothing.

Gotcha. Then she's pretty much done.

What books should I tackle next now that I've finally worked my way through the rulebook a couple times?

One of my players' rivals is a decker who's used his ill gotten gains to yertz the drek out of an Esprit Watcher.

The runners know it as the swag wagon, the frag wagon, and the pussymobile.

Are you GMing or playing?
If playing, what kind of character?

Depends on what interests you. Want to learn more about magic? Street Grimoire

Cybertechnology? Chrome Flesh

Guns and Gear? Run and Gun

Metasapients? Run Faster

So on and so forth. But if you are looking for something more definitive? Sixth World Almanac.

Depends on what you want to do:
basically anything: Run Faster
Street Samurai: Run and Gun, Chrome Flesh
Adept: Run and Gun, Street Grimoire
Magician: Street Grimoire
Decker: Data Trails
Rigger: Rigger 5.0
Infiltrator: Cutting Aces and Hard Targets
Technomancer: hahaha fuck you

Thanks guys, I'll be GMing. I'll try Run Faster and Run & Gun first.

I feel like I'm not going to get a handle on the matrix rules until I play with a decker a few times, but nobody wants to play a decker because of the crazy rules.

Mr. Johnson left us high and dry tonight, holding the proverbial bag after a pretty fucking disastrous run. Nothing tops off a night of burning SINs and losing your team van quite like the Mr. Johnson not actually showing up to the meet.

We're stuck playing babysitter with the ghoul kid we extracted from a Universal Omitech lab now, and we have good reason to suspect Universal Omnitech is going to be pretty adamant about getting him back. Is it worth trying to find another buyer to sell the kid off to while Omnitech is gunning for us in hopes of getting SOME sort of payday out of this mess, or should we just hand him off to one of the ghoul gangs operating out of the barrens and let them deal with whatever comes afterwards?

We have no idea why he was important enough to extract which is going to make finding a buyer another pain in the ass, but Johnson promised upwards of 10k nuyen each upon successful completion of the run and we need to start the "replace the team van" fund.

Pro-tip: Ban deckers. Keep them as NPCs. If you or your players insist on using deckers, scrap the matrix rules entirely and make hacking a simple pass/fail skill-based test to do whatever (hack doors, decrypt data, etc).

Honestly I've never had a problem with 5e's decking rules. They've simplified things enough at this point that they're not too hard to get your head around and a matrix run doesn't even eat up a lot of time anymore unless cybercombat breaks out.

At least Howling Shadows finally got around to 'fixing' drakes.

Killfuck Extreme
Bob the EOD Bear
Stinky
Grizzly 'I'm behind 50 armour' Bear
Bear Grills

Whats a good excuse for non Japanese players to be working with the Yakuza?

I got my players in San Francisco after the Ares take over and I want them to have an chance to pick what gang they are with. Every flavor of gang is mentioned to have some slice of the pie including the Triads, the Ancients, the Mafia, Seoulpa Rings and the Yakuza.

I just cant figure out a reason why they would accept outsiders into their ranks.

On the base level, just being really good at being runners. Sure, a closer relationship does make a group of runners a bit less useful as deniable assets, but if you use them for things where you want it 'known' but not known that you're behind it, that's now a good thing.

>Whats a good excuse for non Japanese players to be working with the Yakuza?
debts.

Yaks wouldn't accept non-Japanese into their ranks, but criminal organizations are practical and runners are cheap and expendable.

I meant more the name of the bear mascot BEFORE the runner stole it and turned it into a power-armored fursuit, but thanks for the input.

For what it's worth my team is mostly split, leaning towards suggesting we dump the kid off in the barrens, but our Fixer says he should be able to find a buyer if we give him a few days to pull some strings and learn a bit about the facility we pulled him from.

Given that this is Shadowrun we're almost definitely going to have to deal with people sent to fuck him up though so I'm honestly hoping you guys can help me weigh in the cost-benefit analysis here.

Keep the weird ghoul kid and hope our Fixer can figure out what he was important for so we can try to get some money? Dump the kid and be done with it?

Consider getting some Breaking and Entering tools like an Autopicker/Lockpick Set and a Sequencer. Maybe even splurge for some specialized gear like a Cellular Glover Molder and Keycard Copier. Also a Grappling Gun, Climbing Gear, and a pocket full of C-Squared to tool up for the whole master infiltrator/thief thing. Consider hunting down a Catsuit with some Voidblack Coating once play starts.

Dumping the kid wouldn't necessarily get the counter-runner teams off your back. They will come looking for the kid and will probably kill you for your knowledge of their project regardless of if he is actually there or not. You might as well keep the ghoul until you find a buyer because you are already in too deep to not turn a profit from your bullshit run.

On the yerzed-out ride, my group has an elf who doesn't need a car because his skimmers let him travel above the legal speed limit (assuming 50 mph). As a gang of people who all do this exact same thing, is this a horrible idea?

Its a neat gimmick, being able to flee quickly and maneuver like an anime mecha, but vehicles are incredibly handy when you or your crew have to transport heavy cargo or travel long distances. Not to mention, the plan goes to shit if one of the runners is downed in combat and can't escape on their own legs.

So basically they would never become part of the Yakuza itself, but could be hired as runners for them and develop a positive relationship with them. Thanks guys.

Also reading up about these organizations irl is super interesting.

Is there any major differences between modern Yakuza and the Shadowrun Yakuza besides power?

More power, Goddamn Wizards, they've moved into the whole Futurecrimes of Shadowrun (hacking, organlegging, talislegging, Bunraku parlors), and one of the megacorps was a Yakuza front that ended up being super-profitable, so they can expect a few rare favors now and then.

Yakuza in SR are a "guild" as much as a criminal organization. They aren't a very secret society and operate openly within their communities. Like Japanocorps they maintain a sense of decorum and honor, at least publicly. And while they aren't afraid to get their hands dirty with the typical crimes you'd expect from Yakuza, they aren't as self-destructive as common gangers, nor are they as parasitic to the communities they lord over as megacorps. Shoot straight with the Yakuza and they will usually shoot straight with you which is more than can be said about a lot of underworld organizations.

I'm hunting for media to represent augmented physical capacity. Like the Point Man is good for someone with a huge combat sense/ranged defense pool, for example. Anyone with a huge agi/rea would be good.

i had a character who ended up the default driver because he was the only one with a car. (we're all idiots.) i lost 4 jackrabbits on 4 consecutive runs. eventually got an armored van thingy which we promptly painted to look like the A-team van. (as i said, we're all idiots.)

Should have covered it in more jackrabbits. You know, ablative armour.

SHIT! you're right!

in case anyone is interested, in order of occurrence: smashed by gangers, machine gunned by lonestar, swept away in a tide of fire fighting foam, abandoned at sea-tac as we escaped in another car. (no way was i paying the fines on that thing, it was stolen anyway.)

you ain't wrong, brother.

Next up: Pay a group of hobos to drive around and commit crimes in a jackrabbit. Rig it to explode so you don't need to pay them. Tell them they're Shadowrunners now. Might take the heat off your group.

So I'm considering a character who is involved with the Vory, and I'm curious about what kind of skillset or archetype that kind of character would fall under. I was thinking along the lines of Street Sam/Face, but what kind of skills/knowledge skill would someone else with the Vory have? What about positive/negative qualities? Contacts?

I guess my next question would be their position on metahumans.

I understand that the Yakuza are often right wing and japan has a history of anti metahumanism, but they are often for the people too. Now without yomi island metas are now part of that equation. Just a mater of perspective.

There are a few who take them, but any Yak who happens to be female or a meta is ten times as good as their male counterparts because they had to be. Mostly, it's a case of 'fuck off'.

If they are at least half-Japanese they stand a shot. Yakuza are just as racist as the rest of the JIS, but they are also more pragmatic. Japanese metas stand a decent chance of earning their way into the Yakuza, but chances are slim that they will achieve any meaningful rank within the hierarchy.

>Shoot straight with the Yakuza and they will usually shoot straight with you which is more than can be said about a lot of underworld organizations.
Sorta true, but you have to stick to their perspective and way of doing things for that to be true, and that means no fucking up, and remembering that everything positive that results from what they do for you is another straw to the pile of debt they're going to make sure you remember you owe them.

Also, a lot of the new way Yaks don't really follow the old way guidelines - more opportunities for employing metas and women, but fewer restrictions on fucking you over because repaying the debt you bring them gets too heavy to handle.

Vice is available through the OP, and covers all kinds of organised crime.

R8/H8

pastebin.com/mwxMtjS8

>Dwarf
Gross

So I'm workshopping a character concept that's basically an American-Irish domestic terrorist. You know the kind, the guys who claim "real Irish" watch soccer, hate England, only drink Irish whisky, and even if that's not what it's like in fucking Ireland, then they're not real Irish. Anyway, enamored with his fairytale version of 70-90s Ireland and the Cause, he decides he's going to join an organization of likeminded individuals looking to overthrow Tir Tairngire and "return the power to the people from the oppressive monarchy".

So basically, IRA fanboys waging a war against imperialistic monarchy, just like the bad ol' days. To fund the Cause, he took up shadowrunning as a way to procure finances, underworld contacts and illegal hardware.

Now, I know there's anti-Tir Na Nog organizations with branches in the US who base themselves on the IRA (ironic considering the IRA was folded into the Noggian government and the country has become wholly Catholic), but are there any existing groups of a similar kind opposed to Tir Tairngire? I know it used to be Amerindian turf, so I'm thinking they could possibly have some backing there.

even the 4th edition matrix rules were understandable. The 3rd ones were undestandable too. They were just plain tedious.

Rinelle Ke'tesrae. Look it up.

Thanks, dude!

>Motorboat
Did you really

Why is her essence 0? Is that a chummer5 thing?

I feel like she could have at least one 'supply'/fence contact? Her skill set seems hardveering between 'usefuless' and 'terrifyingly good', depending on if she has time to build her way out of situations with all those mechanical/armorer/chemistry skills, so actually getting her hands on raw material via a contact might be a good idea.

Long Haul addiction is fun. Workaholic?

Why Clean Metabolism?
>has learned how to build or fix everything that a person could possibly use or have inserted inside them
Oh, nevermind.

Solid 8/10.

I would suggest at least 2 ranks in intimidate, but more is always better, even if your charisma is shit, your armed gangster f(r)iends can help you pretty easily.
Then intimidate the enemy in best slav manner.
Also buy an Ares rapid transit.

I was actually advised away from them before, on the basis that my locksmith and hardware are high enough to crack locks, while the B/E gear tends to have a lower dice pool - it's more for a dedicated face who lacks locksmith and hardware.

Where are the stats for the carsuit?

Have you ever thought about how pants-shittingly terrifying encounters with your runners must be for the average wageslave?

>be wageslave in Hong Kong
>work in accounting department on second floor
>it sucks but it's a living
>working along one day when you hear the window in the hallway open
>then there is a sound like a large infiltrator tactically rolling in through the window
>you and two of your coworkers get up from your desks and leave your cubicles to investigate, but when you look there's nothing there
>decide it was just the floor creaking in a funny manner for no discernible reason, return to cubicle and get back to work
>suddenly there's a big hand over your mouth and a machete at your throat as you're pulled back from your desk
>oh god it wasn't the floor creaking
>feel the ork's hot breath as he whispers into your ear with with his Aztlan accent
>"Well hello there, wouldn't it be a shame if you died today. I know there's a technomancer in this building. Where is he?"
>oh god he's speaking English and not Cantonese
>English was your worst subject in school
>you didn't even know there was a technomancer here
>he removes his hand from your mouth, allowing you to speak
>"Guh...news to me....probably in development."
>hand goes back over your mouth
>he stabs the machete into your desk and puts you into a sleeper hold
>everything goes black

I fail to see how things that can bypass security or things that will give you bonus to your limit and dicepool(if switched wireless) are not for you.
Tell the one who have told you to not get them to shoot himself in the foot.

The latest Chummer version seems to have some issues when I try to make an insect spirit, it crashes before I can okay them. Any of the older versions work for this?

Unlikely, I only recently re-added the critter functions. I'll take a look.

Worse yet would probably be the sneaky breeki social runner.

Imagine being the poor sod in reception who let the strange new "transfer" group into the building. Next thing you know there's gunfire coming from management.

Somebody is gonna be the fall guy.

Can't replicate it with any of the insect spirits. What's the error message?

Very likely the character won't be magical. I was probably going to go with something like D,A,E,B,C.

Any suggestions s where my main focus on skillset should be? Was probably going to put my group points in firearms and call it a day, but what else? Face skills? Investigation? Athletics?

Doing some research into the Vory, they seem to like their cyber crime, but I'm not sure if that's just their generic statement they slap on to every criminal organization. Maybe go for a bit of a "Merc/operator" type of character with some Decking skills and driving?

Yeah. Even for security.

>Work night shift at warehouse.
>Joking with Dan how he's tasked to watch over the basement alone because he's a troll and how that's racist.
>Tell me he's going for a smoke break at 3am
>five minutes later, no news from him.
>Take commlink
>"Hey, Danny, you dead, man?"
>Suddenly the security room door explode, and a chick with a FUCKING CLAYMORE enter the room and start hammering my face with the handle.
>everything fades to black
>Wake up in the morning, the warehouse is fucking gone, everything that's left are ashes. All ten security coworkers are lain down everywhere around me, faces covered with bruises.
>Ho god does my face hurt.
>What the fuck happened.

I like to thing i look terrifying also to other runners.
>be me
>ork street sammy, currently working protection
>nicely dressed with a custom suit, coat and ballistic mask
>have well kept ares alpha over your shoulder
>elf assassin jumps out of nowhere and tries surprise attack
>not surprised, also high on jazz
>one punch the fucker with my cyberarm
>second elf out of nowhere panics at shoot at me with ares desert strike
>hit lands square in the chest
>no damage
>look at him and send command for the ballistic eye's to flare red
> Don't Fear the Reaper playing in my headphones

Crash followup id = 52719fec-3842-426c-9fbe-989b5b1d6a28
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I was making a worker ant spirit force 6.

Seems like it has some trouble with bugs.

Actually Drones can wear Armor, the only point in question is whether you can stack it on top of your regular drone Armor or have it work exclusively if you use it.

Yeah, looks like at some point the code got changed to prevent metavariants from just being a layer on top of their base metatype, so none of the data was coded to contain their attributes. Fixed it by having the data null-coalesce back to the metatype's stats, like it should have been done in the first place. Anyway, it's compiling now, should be pushed to the nightlies in a minute or two.

Don't worry, I got it.

Is there a good way to mount melee weapons on a vehicle? The drone rules for weapon mounts only allow reach 0 melee (ie a knife), and the only other possibility I can imagine is a full cyberarm, also using drone rules (the primitive one comes with a -2 limit penalty on weapon use).

I want to build a swordcycle, but I can't see a way to do it other than using the drone rules instead of the vechile mod rules altogether. Also, any recommendations on a bike for autonomous automassacres?

Well the issue is this; consider a maglock keypad.

To unlock it without a sequencer, you first need to make a Locksmith + Agility [Physical] (Maglock Rating x2, 1 combat turn) extended test to remove the casing. If it has an anti-tamper system, a second locksmith test must be made against a threshold equal to it's rating, which is 1 to 4.

After it's open, you have to rewire the keypad, which requires the exact same test as opening the case. And if you want to put it back together and hide evidence of your tampering, you make that test a third time.

Now obviously this takes time, and can't be done in combat (easily), and anyone watching you knows instantly that you're tampering with it (unless you're in a maintenance uniform and make a good con test). You COULD use a sequencer, but then your dicepool is the sequencer's rating, which at chargen can be up to 4. I don't really relish making a test with a dicepool of 4.

Still get a crash whenever I okay the spirit With the latest build. Giving the same reason too.

I consider it. And unless you are primer runner from char gen you would most likely brake key pads of average rating 2. Meaning easy and quick to break with a sequencer. There also can be cases where you need to get in right now and have no time to wait in which case the sequencer would come in handy.
Now what if the its a card reader instead of keypad. Or print based or what not. With the gear you can produce legit ways for your team to get in.
What you do by ignoring the whole section and limiting your available plans of action. Backups of your backups is the way to survive and prosper.

Actually, print readers and key cards are the exact same as a keypad; extended test to brute force, or rating v. rating to quickly unlock.

However, I accept your point. I can probably squeeze in some rating 4 B/E gear.

I know. The idea was that with fake cards you can walk in with your whole team and walk through the whole facility.
Also autopicker is a must since it gives you its rating to your limit for picking locks and if you turn it wireless to your limit. Max is 6 and you can get it at chargen meaning free +6 dices to locksmith.

>>Motorboat
>Did you really

Couldn't help myself. I was tempted to buy a water vehicle to legitimize it, but to hell with it.

>Why is her essence 0? Is that a chummer5 thing?

Yeah, it's a bug. She only dipped into about half an Essence point.

>I feel like she could have at least one 'supply'/fence contact? Her skill set seems hardveering between 'usefuless' and 'terrifyingly good', depending on if she has time to build her way out of situations with all those mechanical/armorer/chemistry skills, so actually getting her hands on raw material via a contact might be a good idea.

That is definitely a good idea. I was considering buying or borrowing materials from her workplace at the university, but that is a much better plan.

>Long Haul addiction is fun. Workaholic?

Definitely. Sleep is for the dead!

>Why Clean Metabolism?

Stopping to use the bathroom also cuts into valuable work/study time.

My first 5e runner after playing 4e forever. Human mundane face made using the Sum to 10 rules.

Thoughts?

>Face
>Ares Antioch

eeeeeeeh

Why the Skinlink, it only works with Instruments.
Pretty useless.

Grab a Comlink with the highest Rating possible at Chargen and a few 100 Nuyen Burner Comlinks.

Grab a Armored Jacket for when you know that shit hits the fan.
You can store it in the car
You want some sort of gasmask

Alphaware plastic bonelacing is better than Orthoskin.

His go-to weapon would be the custom Warhawk, the nade launcher, uzi and silenced pistol are all for specific situations because it pays to be prepared sometimes.
Touch link is mostly for character fluff, allows for physical interaction with AR. Also allows him to record physical sensations for his day job of reviewing parties/events for a newspaper.
Bonelacing maybe, +1 bod +1 armor is functionally the same as +2 armor but the bod can be used elsewhere yeah.

How reasonable is it to substitute Survival in the place of First Aid, given the justification that it's basic wound dressing in the field?

Survival is more about where to find food, water and shelter. Field dressing of wounds is, you guesed it, First Aid!

Were there any attempts at full body cyborgization in Shadowrun or is it allnot instant drop to 0 essence and Death?