Warhammer 40k General (40,000)

Casual Castellans at 2503 points os the true patrician way to play 40k - Edition
>A shitty little list builder that you all should stop ASKING ABOUT YOU FILTHY BITCHES
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's Unfucked ork codex
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?297915-Games-Workshop-40K-Release-Timeline-(Mk-II)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rate my Biel-Tan tribute list

Let's start this thread with some bingo!

Biel-Tan still exists, user.

>OP tries to claim the first post
What a fa--

>It's Raptors user
Nothing to see here, then.

>Tau can statistically beat orks in close combat even if outnumbered as long as they throw the grenades they get for free

Who's the melee race now, Orruks?

> Crisis suits cost the same as Ork Nobz, but are superior to Ork Nobz in every conceivable way
> Orks are a Melee Race
> They have the same number of melee weapon options as Tau

Why is the ork SC box so garbage?

It should have been

>Boyz
>Painboy
>Trukk
>Bikerz

>as long as they throw the grenades they get for free

Only one grenade use per unit.

How should I run Reavers?

>3x12 man units
>6x6 man units
>Heat lances
>Blasters
>Champions?

Also are caltrops worth it?

They have to sell something

>Fire warriors
>WS2 S3 T3 A1(2) I2 Sv4+
>'Ard Boy
>WS4 S3(4) T4 A3(4) I2 Sv4+

My geedubs has only 3 tables for gaming, and 2 for painting. It's suuuper cramped, especially when the 30k crowd shows up and fills the store with 25 people. I'm pretty sure if the Fire Marshal ever walked in on a saturday, he would have a heart attack.

The buddy I play 40k with most is a Marine NCO. Whenever the store manager complains about the size of games to him, buddy immediately launches into a tirade against the blackshirt. Same deal when our blackshirt tries to tell my buddy that he can't swear, and buddy's typical response is "What the FUCK is this FUCKING rule 3 I keep hearing about? Watch YOUR fucking language bro!"

You only need to land one blind grenade, and you've also got the potential of pinning if you take gun drones or any carbines.

Throw in Hatred from farsight enclaves and the fact that Drones are initiative 4 and you actually end up with pretty good odds against Orks in close combat as Tau, if only because they're not immune to Tau's basic anti-assault methods like most armies.

Is a Culexus a good addition to a War Convocation? I'd be using him mostly as a fire magnet, as well as a sweet sweet counter to that 5 librarian formation that 5 players in my area run.

It may not be a big deal but it says a lot about someone who doesn't give enough of a shit to make a proper list.

> Ex-Marine thinks he's cool because he yells at some teenager making minimum wage

Bullying blackshirts doesn't make you cool, it makes you pathetic

caltrops > blasters or heatlances since you'll be jinking a lot. not sure about champs. msu for sure

I told you last thread.

MSU out the ass. Don't buy special ranged weapons (you'll be jinking like fuck) but if you do, make it a heat lance. Don't buy champions, they're too expensive especially in MSU.

But always buy caltrops. Every time. Buy them. Buy caltrops. No joke.

He might be an ex-drill instructor.

Always take caltrops. I like 6 man squads so they don't get in each other's way for impact hits. Heat lances suck but it's the only AP1 you get.

Manager should ban them and call the cops if they show up.

Those guys, and you, are assholes.

So? If he's not capable of interacting normally with human beings outside of the marines than he needs to turn himself into one of those military suicides I keep hearing about

Your buddy sounds like an asshole

Local game store is selling all gamesworkshop stuff for 30% off. What in the world should I do?

BUY ALL THE THINGS

>hur dur dur why is he such an asshole that's not cool
>he should just KILL HIMSELF

You're the only asshole here.

>the 30k crowd shows up and fills the store with 25 people

Where the fuck do you live. The HH scene at my GW consists of me and the 3 people ive gotten into it over 2 years

Why do you always gotta roll the OP back odinshit?

Skip, and buy it for 40-60% off from glorious China, unless you want paints or something.

>Work in McDonalds near a base
>2 star general comes in and orders a meal
>After I give it to him he starts screaming at me about where his milkshake is
>He didnt even order one

fuck these people

Maybe, but at least I'm not so insecure and pathetic that I get my kicks from yelling at teenagers who are just trying to do their job.

Tell your gyrine fag friend that he either needs to follow the rules or play Garagehammer, it's not a difficult concept.

The difference is that it's called Banter, which you autists can't seem to get. The two have this kind of conversation because it's funny to them to mock each other in a friendly manner.

Jacksonville, the worst city in the entire goddamn world. Yet if there was EVER a reason for forgeworld to start shipping directly to stores, it's probably because Rod complained about losing profit to the 25-man 30k crowd that shows up every saturday like clockwork.

> Thinks yelling at a store employee is the same as friendly bantz between friends

Oh my god you're retarded

>supporting commies

1k to start with, will expand it sometime, usual meta I guess (Marines etc).

Should I give up the Arks and bulk out the warriors and immortals?

>The difference is that it's called Banter, which you autists can't seem to get. The two have this kind of conversation because it's funny to them to mock each other in a friendly manner.

The way you wrote it made it sound like flat-out abuse. If you don't want to be misinterpreted, communicate properly.

> Buy recasts
> Support commies

> Buy official GW
> Support Euroscum

You can't fucking win in this hobby

Whenever the store manager complains about the size of games to him, buddy immediately launches into a tirade against the blackshirt.
>Same deal when our blackshirt tries to tell my buddy that he can't swear, and buddy's typical response is "What the FUCK is this FUCKING rule 3 I keep hearing about? Watch YOUR fucking language bro!"
Yeah, the way you described it is totally friendly banter.

>Putting Boyz in a Start Collecting box

That sends the terrible message to the new Ork player that Boyz are worth taking.

>UK
>Euroscum

user, please.

Probably one of those guys who bullied other kids in high school, and thought that saying "it's just a joke, bro" would mean it wasn't really bullying.

>Putting Orks in a Start Collecting box

That sends the terrible message to the new player that Orks are worth playing.

>Stormsurge beats a Gorkanaut
>In CLOSE COMBAT

>assuming I'm American
>being Amecian

Don't worry Euranon, it's just some "friendly banter"

>Selling Start Collecting boxes
That send the terrible message that 40k is worth playing

>Having Start Collecting boxes

That sends the terrible message to the new player that 40K is worth playing.

>Assuming I'm american

I just don't want to support China.

>Orks
>Melee race

Where did this meme originate?

Just impulse bought a Dreadclaw.

I play Night Lords, what should I put inside it?

Pic related.

Gotta move those ancient sprues somehow.

point cost?

> yfw GW does a huge overcorrect in 8th ed and buffs the shit out of Orks, turning them into the most op army in 40k history, heralding the glorious return of the green tide

I don't even play Orks and I think it would be hilarious

>Store starts an escalation league to get people into the game
>5 or 6 new guys join to learn to play.
>Old players bring scatbikes, riptides and vultures to low point games.
>Shop owner does nothing.
>All the new guys hate the game, quit and sell their stuff.

Our hobby is terrible.

Boyz sprues aren't that old. If they wanted to shift truly old sprues they'd throw Buggies in there.

Not that they'd consider doing that in a million years. They don't even want to admit those models exist.

What's better, 5 Skittari Vanguard with a Plasma Caliver, 5 Skittari Rangers with an Arc Rifle, and a Dominus priest, or Belisarius Cawl, Grand Archmagos of our hearts?

No, the owner, and by extension every other grognard that did nothing, is terrible.

>METAL

>DEFFKOPTAS

So, I wanna try running solo Cult Mech at 1K, using Cohort Cybernetica plus whatever. What's a good whatever to add? I'm sure destroyers with grav cannons would be good but I'm open to suggestion. Above 1K I'll be adding in skitarii for some fast moving units and better anti-air

12 Fire Warriors cost 108 and 10 'Ard Boyz would cost 100.
Even though the Orks are outnumbered, they have twice the amount of attacks

Should've done like my store does escalation, and rolled for a unit type at random, and then a unit.

>as homosexuals, me and my lover like to shit up my local GW.
>Lover is a quartermaster in the US army, and likes to talk tough to people who will lose their jobs if they retaliate.

They let gays in the army. Good for you guys!

>Hey you know how we did up those amazing new Deffkoptas for Assault on Black Reach?
>Yeah?
>Should we repackage those for the new Ork codex release?
>Nah fuck that, toss in these ancient Gorkamorka relics

I've heard that a lot of 40K communities are super exclusionary.

I lucked into a really solid local meta it seems, everyone was more than willing to do low point/learning games back when all I had was a SC box and was still figuring shit out.

Warhammer (and tabletop wargaming in general) is a fairly niche hobby, the last thing you need to do is try to discourage new players from getting involved.

Fire Warriors charge, 24 attacks, 12 hit, 4 wound, 2 dead Orks.

Orks hit back, 30 attacks, 20 hit, 10 wound, 5 dead Tau.

This is of course a rather ludicrous scenario to mathhammer out since it assumes Ork Boyz could actually cross the table to engage Fire Warriors in hand to hand.

They came out in 1999. They only have a 2007 stamp on them because that's when they had to replace the moulds.

>If they wanted to shift truly old sprues they'd throw Buggies in there.

True.

They are available through the Vedros sets, I think.

I had a question regarding the Horus Hearsay.
Did Space Marines have the same Rhinos then as the current plastic kit?
...I had more but I forgot. Fucking christ.

>horus hearsay

In my city there is currently a 30k campaign running with 60 people in it. I thought it was popular everywhere...

Cool. Now calculate it with the weapon skill 1 Orks will have after they fail the blind test.

But user, what if the Orks charge?

>Did Space Marines have the same Rhinos then as the current plastic kit?

Well I heard that they didn't, but that's just a rumour.

Yes, but it wasn't used as much as the Deimos pattern. Apparently the Mars pattern is inferior.

If you want AoBR deffkoptas look for the Battle for Vedros or Build+Paint lines, they both use old Blackreach sprues.

Only downside is you can't order them from GW directly since they're aimed at hobby/toy stores, so you have to get them from a distributer like TWS.

Then the Tau get half as many attacks, and the Orks get murdered by overwatch.

That's not true though. I had some of the old sprues when I first got into playing Orks in 2007. They didn't have a Nob on them or the Big Shoota and Rokkit Launcha. There's more detail in the 2007 release sprues as well.

It also went from 16 models to 11, but this was still a pretty good deal, and a good upgrade.

12 FW charge, 24 attacks, 16 hit, 5-6 wound, around 3 dead Orks.

10 Orks hit back, 30 attacks, 15 hit, 7-8 wound, around 4 dead Tau.

Oh I know. It's just strange that they had a fantastic replacement model for the kopta that they chose not to use.

Looks like Forge World at least makes a different version. Shame. I wouldn't even mind paying their exorbitant prices if their shipping wasn't also pants-on-head retarded.
Of course, everything in the 41st Millennium is inferior, isn't it? Everything that was good during the Heresy was lost, and what was left behind is breaking down.

It was used. Page 127 of FW's third HH book has a Mars pattern Rhino in Iron Warriors colours. It had cruder onboard systems though, so it wasn't as common as the Deimos (read: FW wants you to buy their more expensive version).

Well I wouldn't know, I just heard some people say something about it.

Help! A tau player at my FLGS is using the new mechanicus guy to give himself a 3++ and BS2 Snapfire/Full BS Skyfire. Is this legal?

>Tau players with a 3++ save
Oh god, save us from this terror. Meant to say his commander and his unit.

Yep, because it says an ARMY including Cawl can take any of his relic upgrades on any character who can take relics.

Whatever is left of your wallet.

Do you know when the 2007 version came out? This timeline doesn't mention a Boyz release after 1999: warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?297915-Games-Workshop-40K-Release-Timeline-(Mk-II)

The designs still look pretty old though, so if you're correct, I suspect the current one's a recut. Just like how the current CSM sprue is a recut of the 2002 one with some new shit added.

But are signature systems relics? Where in their description does it say "relic" or "relic equivalent"?

>Of course, everything in the 41st Millennium is inferior, isn't it? Everything that was good during the Heresy was lost, and what was left behind is breaking down.
Well, yeah. Because innovation, and not losing technology to the sands of time, isn't grimdark. Or something like that.

Farsight enclaves get preferred enemy (orks) in melee.

Shootas were detached in the 1999 sprue, in the 2007 they're attached to one arm.

The updated sprues came with the Ork release at the end of 4th edition, which hit around mid 2008 from memory. It was the codex that leaked 6 months early.

I posted this list a few days ago. I've made some adjustments. Is it competitive? I haven't played in fucking ages but I've started painting again recently and I figure if I'm going to buy models I might as well have a plan.

Thankfully, I already have shit.

The problem is that I honestly don't know what to put inside it with CSM. Chosen stick out because they're supposed to be out CC unit, but they're really expensive. A Hellbrute would be awesome for that protected 2nd turn charge, but fucking possession means I have a 1/6 chance of losing it before the game even begins. Unlike 30k, I don't actually get any combat bonuses, so regular CSM are a waste. Terminators still suck.

Bleh.

If we did a 40k general where all current memes and
>Implication posts were rejected, would it manage 50 posts per day?

The Ultramarines who got captured by Trazyn in the past and released in the battle for Cadia made comments about their brothers' gear being cruder than it should be.

What are you putting in the Taurox?

It can't deal with armour.

>implying implication posts should be removed

Hey DE players, rate my shitty attempt at a 1000 points list please. It's built mostly using the contents of 2 SC! boxes and Gangs of Commorragh. So far I've only bought 1 SC! box so if the list is absolute shit I can still change it. There's 8 points left over so maybe I'll give a Reaver a Grav Talon or something, doesn't really seem to fit in the list though...

Realspace Raiders Detachment
992/1000
HQ
>Archon (145) - Agoniser, Haywire Grenades, Shadow Field, Armour of Misery
Elites
>Incubi (125) - 3 Incubi, Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons
Troops
>Kabalite Warriors (180) - 10 Warriors, 1x Splinter Cannon, Raider with Night Shields and Splinter Racks
>Kabalite Warriors (180) - As above
FA
>Reavers (58) - Heat Lance
>Reavers (58) - Heat Lance
>Reavers (63) - Cluster Caltrops
>Reavers (63) - Cluster Caltrops
>Scourges (120) - 4x Haywire Blaster

Plan at 1250 would basically be to add a Ravager and more Scourges, or else 2 Ravagers

>it would be very painful.