/anrg/ - Android Netrunner General

>Question of the day
Picking up question,
what card are you going to miss the most when rotation hits?
and what card are you happy to see leave?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Official FFG News & Spoilers site:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/95/7a/957a59a2-5fe6-4961-96fa-47560f337346/adn_faq_v31.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/19/87/19876f7f-581c-4d74-a4b4-4db7301e4c5c/adn_tournament_regulations_v20_text_version.pdf

>Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (requires build)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play Netrunner online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

AutocardAnywhere is a Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari extension to get quick access to cards while browsing a site.

Check out the WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Other urls found in this thread:

ice.emergencyshutdown.net/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/2/future-past
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its going to be even harder to Corp with Vice-President Jackson getting promoted. Hopefully in a good way.

I'd guess so, seeing as he's the most successful executive in the game by miles.

Or maybe he'll just fade into the background, but I hope not

Thinking on these

Corp side, the biggest change is going to be the 3/2s and Jackson leaving. With the Astro errata and Beale off, NBN is 6 months is going to present a completely different landscape.

HB loses Eli 1.0, Accelerated Diagnostics (AND Power Shutdown, CI is going to have to play with others), NEXT bronze, leaving the suite in an awkward spot unless Mars and following cycle brings good news, Wotan and Janus 1.0 - those were their BIG Ice options.
Overall they're not doing so bad I find.

Jinteki loses Replicating Perfection, Caprice, Celebrity Gift, Clone Retirement, Edge of a World, Himitsu Bako, Hokusai Grid, Ronin, SHOCK!, Swordman, Snowflake, Yagura, Trick of Light.
That's a real hecatomb, not only are they losing power cards, they're losing a lot of small pieces that help enable whole plays. We've seen some replacements coming, but overall, looks like Jinteki is going to have to put some money in R&D.

On top of already mentioned cards, NBN loses... Midseason, Pop up Window, Shipment from SanSan (probably hurts HB more), Sweep Weeks, Wraparound. Well, technically, they're losing a slew of other interesting cards (Market Research, City Surveillance, Snoop, Character Assassination...) but then it's not as if most people were playing those anyway.

Weyland loses Curtain Wall, Dedicated Response Team, Elizabeth Mills (nooooooooo), Power Shutdown, Punitive Counterstrike, The Cleaners, Oversight AI, GRNDL... other few cards that I'll miss, but I don't know how much the game will (Vulcan, Geothermal, Hive). They big W wouldn't be hit that hard if they weren't so low already. Any good card counts. And here I think we're going to feel the hit with whole strats being shutdown.

Notable neutral losses include: Quandary, False Lead (the ability to FA a Government Takeover is going to be short lived); Interns, NAPD Contracts, Restructure, Subliminal Massaging. DEfinitely will miss some of those, but I think we can do without.

Man, I was expecting a Runner side.

Runners are losing 6 out of 10 existing bad pub cards (with one of the 4 left an ID). Strict multi-access is going to be severely reduced with Nerve Agent, HQ and R&D Interface leaving, Stealth support out of Shaper is hit pretty hard I think by the disappearance of the Stealth chips.

Anarchs are losing Whizzard, DLR (rejoice), Imp, Keyhole, Vamp, Xanadu, Scheherazade (one of those small support cards that people will only realize how much they miss it once it's gone), Scrubber, Joshua B, Liberated Accounts.

Secondary to most but I'll definitely miss also: Reina, the caïssa suite (I'm in the small group that enjoyed those, cool design, fun to play), Hemorrhage, Queen's Gambit and Morning Star.

Overall I'm really saddened by the loss. Some really cool cards here that enabled fun play. Loads of competitive staples/power cards lost. But I definitely think the faction can take it.

Criminals are losing Andromeda (good riddance) , Compromised Employee (secondary support, but will be missed), Crecentus and Emergency Shutdown (2/6 of derez support, the 2 best cards to boot), E3 (this is going to HURT), Fall Guy, Faerie, Hostage, Snitch. Overall I think they lose less than other factions, but are hit a lot harder by the loss. Especially given the hints at expanding derez play in the near future.

Shapers are losing Chaos Theory, Deus Ex, Indexing, LLDS Processor, Notoriety, Personal Workshop, Quality Time, Replicator, Sharpshooter, Test Run, ZU.13... overall, they're probably the faction that is hit the least by rotation, but then some pivotal pieces in individual rigs are leaving, which is not helping with the in-faction diversity issue.

Neutral is going to be ouch: Blackmail (rejoice), John Masanori, Kati Jones, Lucky Find, NACH, Plascrete, PPVP (a good thing, maybe that will help with econ events), Public Sympathy, Underworld Contacts.

Overall I'm hoping all those changes are going to promote a meta in which runners *have* to run ore often.

I'm slow. What can I say?

>Have rest of the week off
>Jenteki.net is down

Why do I even try...

Now to answer the questions of the day more specifically...

>what card are you going to miss the most when rotation hits?
definitely going to be some of those small, niche Anarch cards barely anyone plays but allow for fun plays.

The Perrault/Flint/Imp Russian roulette.
Activist Support*.
Hemorrhage HQ pressure build.

Not powerful things, but cards that gave me a lot of fun.

And then Corp side, Punitive Counterstrike. We don't have enough meat kill options that aren't co-dependent on tagging (and therefore better in other factions). Losing one is hard.
And GRNDL. Not powerful, but very nice D that allowed a rush play that was very much of the faction.

>and what card are you happy to see leave?

Definitely PPVP, not because I dislike the card in itself that much but because of the dampen it put on econ event design.

Howard. I'll quote Mr Stone, but he was a needed crutch, I'm thinking we have enough better balanced options now, people are going to have to live without him. Which is for the better.

The 3/2s. They were *way* too good. They needed out.

*: on a totally unrelated note, it surprised me in retrospect how we didn't get to see popular support to Reina in the novelette. Which I guess is why they don't need to show us Reina's end: we already know where she went. Been arrested.

>what card are you going to miss the most when rotation hits?
Definitely Dedicated Response Team, loved it from the first day I started playing. Might make some custom sleeves using the art just because, though I don't know which side should be up.

>and what card are you happy to see leave?
DLR seems to be the loudest besides Blackmail, so maybe that. Haven't had the pleasure of facing it directly though.

>The Perrault/Flint/Imp Russian roulette.
What's this one, got the cards from a local event that gave out some 1st and 2nd cycle recently, might be able to make use of them.

Loads of bad pub stuff - only 13 of the 40 cards that even mention Bad Publicity aren't from Spin Cycle.

This I think will open up a lot of design space - illicit ice can (potentially, anyway) be rebalanced to deal with the power creep in ice and breakers - a single-sub str 5 senty just won't cut it these days.

Liberated Accounts means anarchs should be a bit less filthy rich, and Vamp leaving means runners will be less able to abuse their wealth.
PPVP and Lucky Find leaving won't make the stir it would have before the MWL, but it's worth noting.
Underworld Contact means the days of Sunny's insane drip econ are numbered

DLR and Keyhole both going puts Mill on the slowdown - good to know, with Jackson leaving. There's replacements, like Bhagat, but they're not as intense

NACH and Fall Guy departing will make resources a lot more vulnerable - though Aaron Marron means you'll still have to lean hard with tags if you want to kill resources, which will get a lot harder without Midseasons.
But at least you won't be able to Hostage him

Personal Workshop is going - not exactly a huge power card, but important for shapers. More universally, they're also losing Quality Time and

Faerie and Zuul going - they're both pretty popular.

Ronin's removal takes away one of Jinteki's best weapons.

Blue Sun lose OAI, Curtain Wall, Hive, and Janus - bad times for them.
On the other hand I think Weyland won't miss too much of their ice - some of it is fun, but not a lot of it is very good.

Ice-wise, NBN is losing Pop-Up and Wraparound - how often do you see NBN decks without one or both?

HB loses some classics, but I think their ice is still robust enough that they won't mind - Eli and NEXT Bronze is a shame, though Eli 2.0 is in TD.

And while Rumours are keeping them down at the moment, the king and queen of "make the runner run again" are both going at once - maybe they're going to have their forbidden love affair at an Off the Grid location?

It's a *very* stupid, inefficient play I got from anr actually.

With Tallie, Imp and Raymond Flint out, when a corp tries to meat-kill you, you give the bad bub, get the HQ access and a chance to trash the other card in the kill combo with Imp.

They can of course trash Tallie while you're tagged, but then that means they don"t have the clicks to finish their combo anymore (though nowadays there's Subcontract).

The usual play was: Midseason -> Scorched Earth -> Tallie Bad Pub access.

Its very fun to dodge death that way. Or well, I guess it appeals to me in an Information Sifting way..

Since I enjoy playing Weyland kill decks I'm excited to see Plascrete leave. Especially because I play BoN. Ill be sad to see Project Atlas go. Hopefully Weyland will get some cool new agendas to balance out the loss of Atlas in Terminal Directive.

Damn, thought Ash was on my list, must have erased it by mistake. Definitely a loss that will be felt.

Okay, that's kinda dumb but also kind of amazing.

Also I'm loving the theme there, of a PI and Transparency NGO journo working to help the runner and expose the corp, giving the runner a last second window to avoid death.
The only thing that could make it better would be beginning the turn after with Paper Tripping, but it definitely comes off like something out of a movie, as netrunner games often do.

Shame about the Cleaners leaving though, BoN loves the cleaners.

I'll be sad to see DRT go - one of my favourite cards, especially the way it works with Prisec.

And I don't think anyone knows what way up they're meant to be

>Okay, that's kinda dumb but also kind of amazing.

Original Anarch reprazent!
Hits bull's eye on that zone that best defines the faction for me.

Seems like Terminal Directive not getting a French version isn't a joke.

I find it weird.

Ya, no shit, it was posted by the person translating for the french version

>Jenteki.net is down

I find it really weird because the Spanish company is also Edge Entertaiment and the TD translation seems to be fine.

And we already know there's a german translation.

And then Asmodée/FFG merger. I don't even find it worrying or anything. It's just so weird.

Still? Hopefully nothing bad like last time.

We have adequate Jackson provision now, I'd say, not as elegant, but neutral and in-faction cards for each Corp, and promote more than just shuffling agendas back in.

I'll miss ZU.13 most probably, and the other splashable breakers that're mediocre but with no weird edge cases where they equal/outperform the best breakers (like Black Orchestra with 4 STR codegates).

Honourable mention to Accelerated Diagnostics, the combos that have now been supported (mainly Hasty CI) have elevated it from pure jank to reasonable jank, just in time for it to go bye bye.

Can't wait to see the back of DLR, responsible for some of the shittiest, boring Netrunner I've ever seen.

I can't but think what are stealth criminals going to do with Silencers gone. Leaving them only with Ghost Runner influence-free.

Bye bye Jackson, bye bye DLR, you won't be missed.

Hey, we finally confirmed the TD crim ID - is this the first crim recursion?

It's a bit conditional, but it's better then nothing. Still have to take care of your programs though.

Netrunner's replacement when?
This game is so dead that it is pointless to even keep thinking about it. When does L5R get released again?

>but neutral and in-faction cards for each Corp
We've yet to see Weyland's I think, unless you're counting Election Day. And obviously some of them are universally better than others (Friends).

>the king and queen of "make the runner run again" are both going at once
We don't have any run multiplier cards besides Batty anymore do we? Should we get a replacement at all, do you think? Obviously something lesser than Caprice but as reliable as Ash, because ending the game on a rock paper scissors duel isn't fun.

Yeah, nah, fuck off you're giving L5R players a bad name.

Also, JINTEKI IS BACK UP

Sure, sure. Still though, looks like a strong ID - having to "choose" between 2 of the same card (especially siphon) won't be fun

Netrunner has been dead at my FLGS for months now. No one likes the current meta and people are selling their collections before rotation.

My entire shop went back to playing open L5R till the new version comes out.

It's also a question of how many times he can trigger his ability, assuming the corp takes reasonable measures to protect HQ/Archives.

Would be interesting to see how Core Directive decks are going to be compared to standard decks.

Am I the only one seeing this?

He is not bad but I think he needs a native link to really be worth playing.
Runners have no issues with recurring cards so he is not really needed.

Runners, no, Criminals however have always been boned if their breakers get trashed. I wonder if we'll get something that treats cards that get removed from the game as a second heap from Criminals. If we do they'd better be 4 influence or higher. Or even not at all.

Then you run into the case of you need 2 copies of the breaker trashed to really have a chance to recover it.
If I am running a Breaker-Breaker then I am damn sure not giving your breaker back to you unless the other option will be crippling to me.

Crims can SoT events, but otherwise they are screwed over in the recursion department. Especially with programs, which is why Batty is so brutal vs them.

That also assumes one doesn't need that breaker to get into HQ to begin with. If so then it's close to gg as it is.

But then: needed breaker vs Siphon, your HQ is open, your econ shaky, what do you chose?

I don't know, he opens interesting moments at least.

Bracing for how rotation is going to impact the local community myself. The post D&D splintering has been hard, but people still play, just not as regularly in big gatherings. Some people are definitely looking at rotation as the point when they may/will stop buying cards.

Given the current ongoing power-creep and the disappearance of (too) powerful cards once rotation hits, I wonder how hard it's going to keep people playing together with any sort of regularity *even* if people continue playing .

>Am I the only one seeing this?

Kinda see it now you mention it.

>We've yet to see Weyland's I think

Given the number of (more or less) powerful effects tied to self-card trash/discard in Weyland, my hunch is that they won't get one, and will have to import of make do with neutral options.

If I have trashed their breaker and my HQ is still open for the run to trigger the effect and for them to then Siphon me then I have already lost to Crim so the option is meaningless.

I can't see him ever being worth playing over Leela in any Tier 1 deck.

Crim has not seen any good Tier 1 cards worth use in faction for awhile.

That'd be sad if Weyland gets left out, but atleast Reuse is still around and can sort of combo with Preemptive Action atleast.

Aaron, maybe Tapwrm? Temujin's kinda everywhere but not paying 6 influence feels good.

Does anyone also feel like the game currently feel like MTG but all the decks are Blue Control?

90% of games on Jinteki.net lately you are just getting denied interaction and the ability to even play the game.

The game just feels really focused on grabbing early tempo and just denying the rest of the game to the other side.
Just feels really unfun.

>If I have trashed their breaker and my HQ is still open for the run to trigger the effect and for them to then Siphon me then I have already lost to Crim so the option is meaningless.

That's one hell of a definitive conclusion. I wouldn't go that fast there.

Regardless, I do think it proves the point: the runner can push for situations that allow needed recursion without having twice the same card in the heap. And I don't think this is exactly a hedge case.

>I can't see him ever being worth playing over Leela in any Tier 1 deck.

I'd say fuck tier 1 decks, but given you picked Leela, who was considered a novelty ID at best on release, I think I'll just go with: give Cambridge some time. We've yet to see what he'll be released with.

>Crim has not seen any good Tier 1 cards worth use in faction for awhile.

Temujin and Aaron not good enough for you? Following one of my posts in previous thread, I'd say the problem is that Anarchs have benefited from too big a push in efficiency because of complaints, and Shapers were kinda always meant to be able to import whatever they needed, being the brute force faction. So other factions can easily afford criminal toys, while criminals struggle with theiur influence (basically Anarchs and Crims swapped their position from first year and a half of Netrunner).

I don't play on Jinteki, mind giving examples?

Things like Blackmail/En Passant/DDOS runner side, and, say, CtM asset spam corp side?

(Still so much wish CtM hadn't been "unavoidable" as a way to force Link play... Dorm Computer would have offered a honest, inexpensive way to deal with it).

That being said, I don't want to feel contrarian, I *have* lamented the lack of power cards for Criminals for a while now.

One nuance I guess is power cards and tier one cards don't exactly overlap as far as I'm concerned.

yeah, I'm really looking forward to TD, for the simple fact of how different it is - it's just TD and Core, after all

No, it's been said, he's quite clearly Keanu Reeves

Some TD cards:

Hailstorm
↳ Remove one card in the Heap from the game.
↳ End the run.

Mason Bellamy
Sysop
Every time an encounter with an ice protecting this sever in which the Runner broke at least one subroutine ends, they lose a click if able.

Biometric Spoofing
Neutral Resource
[trash]: prevent 2 damage.

Cards that don't match any on the original decklists - which makes me think they're Campaign cards, hence them being mostly hidden or from mars

SYN Flooding
Double

Cygnet
Install Cygnet only on a rezzed piece of ice.
Host ice gains Sentry, Code Gate and Barrier.

Paper Trail
Security Agenda
When you score Paper Trail... Trace-4 ... all resources

More or less all Runner decks are Anarch control/destruction decks and all the Corp desks are Fast Advance to combo kill decks.
Both more or less just masturbate on their side while you get to do nothing.

I keep repeating it, but given Recon Drone is three influence, Biometric Spoofing better hell be neutral with influence. Or I'm just giving up in trying to get the balance of things.

Core Directive only events would hopefully help attract new/lapsed players to be game. It is kinda refreshing to have to take note of what staples that are 3-offs in a standard deck become 2-offs instead. Doubt Mr Cambridge would be relying on a singleton Desparado for one thing.

That's... unfortunate. I gather that all room are playing that way, even the so-called casual ones?

Ya. Jentai.net is all tier 1 decks all the time.

Not necessarily the case all the time, although sometimes it might be better to indicate if one would prefer to not play vs certain decks when creating a game.

What would be the problem if it didn't have influence? Countering brain damage decks?

Ew. Why.

Add at the end:
"Remove a tag: Place an advancement token on a card. This ability may only be used by the corp, and only once per turn."

Safe fron any tag punishment, and the corp gets to NA a 5/3.

Shouldn't that be worded "You are considered to have one less tag"? Otherwise the drawback of getting tagged by this is already negated by the base function of the card which, in and of itself would be incredibly broken.

It still interacts with Shoot the Moon and Psychographics.
Those count tags, not tagged status.

ice.emergencyshutdown.net/ Reminder to add this sweet page to rhe OP

>ice.emergencyshutdown.net/
Why did all 9 of my Anti Virus plug ins go off on that site?

My antivirus plug ins go off on EVERY site. Anything particularly suspicious on this one?

Ah, finally a Sneakdoor Zeta replacement.
Still needs work mind, but a decent start

Recon Drone is a 3 influence card that can prevent X damage from an *accessed* card for X credits.

Biometric Spoofing prevents two damage. Period. Free of influence, unless there is an explosion in ambush damages, which I don't find particularly desirable in itself, I find the versatility of the neutral card way better. Cherry on cake, you pay one credit less to prevent those two damages than you would with the drone - though you have to front-load one more.

I guess if Aginfusion/Labyrinthine Server becomes a thing, Recon Drone *might* have its day in the sun.

Compare also with Feedback Filter.

>SYN Flooding
>Double
A SYN flood is a type of attack where the client send multiple SYN messages without responding with ACK to the server SYN-ACK responses. This causes the server to keep responding with SYN-ACK in hopes some reaches the client.
This type of attack works like a DDoS in the sense that any other client that try to stablish contact with the server will be rejected.
I think this card could be the german Brute Force.

>Cygnet
>Install Cygnet only on a rezzed piece of ice.
>Host ice gains Sentry, Code Gate and Barrier.
Mistranslation, A Garceta is actually an Egret.

>Mistranslation, A Garceta is actually an Egret.

Well, too bad, I like the cygnet/signet pun.

It is a resource though, so more trashable than hardware.

But yeah, Recon Drone feels a bit sad, though it looks rad - if traps start to take off in this era of Sifr then my Geist will quickly find himself dealing in drones

>I think this card could be the german Brute Force Hack
Yeah, certainly a possibility - they're both events, and both would come after Account Siphon alphabetically

The thing that makes me think it might not be is the other cards on the back row not being in the lists unless their names are hugely different - whether they're sealed cards or Mars cards or what I don't have a clue.

Wish Matt Zeilinger would update his art page - he used to be great for full arts

>not being in the lists unless their names are hugely different
Ah, but remember, the German translation is notorious for FUCKING IT UP pretty hard.

I wonder if the German version is better balance.

>the German translation is notorious for FUCKING IT UP pretty hard.
Are they?
Dammit Haas, get your shit together

Examples!

Can we top the French mistranslations that had World Plaza install Assets rom R&D and Paige Piper work like a better Replicator?

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/2/future-past

>WOTC has revoked rights to use the ONR rules & name
>All current Netrunner projects are canceled.
>The game will be redesigned under a new name but still be set in FFG's Android setting.
>Projected release is Gencon 2019

>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/2/future-past
>2/2

This might be a good thing honestly.
The game really does need a Lukas free redesign.

Anyone watch Netrunner content from Youtube lately? Been hooked on the Codebusting videos and Metropole Grid's stuff, they have some neat ideas. The recent 4 vs 4 Top Deck video was pretty good too, fun to watch other than the first RP Prison match, especially how everyone gave Dan's CI7 shit when his turn came.

Yes, but you'd need at least three tags for Pyscho to be relevant and you can always clear tags to a manageable level of you suspect Psycho play. This? You plop this down with Citadel and that solves that problem immediately, but worse would be this with Obelus.

Psycho can Fast Advance a 3 requirement agenda at 2 Tags.
>Install
>Advance
>Pycho

It is better tho with tags = to requirement as then it more or less becomes immune to anti fast advance tricks.

I always wanted Pycho decks to be playable but tagging a runner to the point they will float them more or less just does not happen.

I have a Pycho deck that took 2nt place in my store champ (of 8 people).

Tag Team

NBN: Making News

Agenda (11)
3x Improved Tracers
3x Project Beale
2x Quantum Predictive Model
3x Restructured Datapool

Asset (6)
3x Jackson Howard
3x News Team

Upgrade (2)
2x Bernice Mai

Operation (15)
2x Best Defense
1x Closed Accounts
3x Hedge Fund
3x Psychographics
3x Surveillance Sweep
3x Sweeps Week

Barrier (3)
3x Resistor

Sentry (12)
1x Data Hound
2x Data Raven
2x Dracō
2x Gutenberg
3x News Hound
2x Thoth

0 influence spent (max 15, available 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Martial Law

I lost all but 2 of my Corp games (Won all my Runner games as Keyhole Val) but I still won so it has something to say about the power of it.

6 econ cards. I know you played cheap ICE but man.

I don't like to lose deck space on too much econ so I tend to just click for credits as needed.

I think I want to try making a Midseasons PsychoBeale deck utilizing Bryan Stinson whenever I next want to switch up my corp deck. Just money up to like 60 credits, Midseasons, then score the Beale to 7 points. Would be fun.

Is The Professor good yet?

Yes, he's winning like crazy with Baba Yaga jank.

Nope. Still Datahound level bad.

Pfffff... ye of little faith...

Faith is for those who need a pretend master to keep their little slave lives happy. My IQ of 231 means I don't lies like those other simple people who are too dumb and slow to play this game at my level.
I only work with facts and facts show that The Shitfessor is far too weak to give me the consistent performance that matters for someone like me.

>3 Restructured Datapool
>0 Exchange of Information

I like your style.

Sorcerer Supreme is pretty decent, very complicated to play on a table and not fit for the meta though.

He *really* wants that Aesops out fast, because if you don't things are a lot harder. Also inconvenient mem issues.

Amusing one yesterday: Councilman into Queen's Gambit.

Also, small debate: if Keros McIntyre is a continuation of the long standing tradition of cutting a runner's rig over two consecutive cycles - and you'll have a hard time convincing me he's not raptor support, Los or no Los - do we have to see GPI Net Tap as Nero support? His way to deal with potentially dangerous code gates?

On the phone atm, who's McIntire?

If we see Nero as a quintaessential Jack Out runner, then yes, not only it allows to jack out before encountering ICE, it also provides information about it. His console would work in a manner that not only you expose the ice, you also peek HQ. Then again, his ability doesn't synergy with it, there would be an overlapping of his ability and the hardware, making his ability strictly less useful. Not necessarily useless, since the Corp still have to rez, but he's already ahead in the information game.

>Keros McIntyre

I definitely looked at it more as Khan support at first glance. Way to get through ICE early game and trigger her ability... but I can see how, however awkward, it could act as Nero support. Doesn't mesh gracefully, but acts as a needed security buffer, that contrary to Snitch isn't limited to one target, and has greater chance of staying on the table through Nero's own ability.

Sorry, should have posted it. Gain two credits when you derez a piece of ICE.

I'm remaking/rebalancing Netrunner as a personal project, starting with Core and Genesis. A friend of mine may or may not get a copy of Jinteki.net working with this cardpool once its done for fun and testing.

Current ideas for changes include:
>swapping out Noise for Kim or Null
>swapping out Ninja for Peacock
>Parasite costing 1 and not trashing the host ICE
>no 3/2 or 2/1 agendas without drawbacks
>swap BABW with BWBI and buffing it to at least work on advancing anything
>slightly buffing most traces
>making tags more granular (1 tag != death) but easier to land
etc.

Anything of that nature you would like to see?

Need to go back to work. Will try to chime in once I'm done.

Definitely going to have some things to say (yet again) about the Core Anarch rig.

It's definitely getting nerfs AND some support (especially if I decide to swap Noise and Null).

>>swapping out Noise for Kim or Null
I vote Null
>>swapping out Ninja for Peacock
Are you also removing Crypsis? Otherwise I like the pairing of Ninja/Femme Fatale as a way of dealing with different ranges of ICE.
>>Parasite costing 1 and not trashing the host ICE
That's interesting, but I still think that ICE destroying should be part of anarch snowballing effect.Just making it harder to accomplish. What are you making with datasucker?
>>no 3/2 or 2/1 agendas without drawbacks
Nice
>>swap BABW with BWBI and buffing it to at least work on advancing anything
Depends on the buff, I still like the extra credit, they just need some more transactions.
>>slightly buffing most traces
Problem was never that traces were low, problem was they never fired because ICE was low strength and easily broken with Mimic. I think tracer ICE was supposed to be some sort of drawback like Bioroid ability is, for stronger effects but reduced rez cost. Look at Transistor? As a 0 cost, 0 strength, 1 etr sub it's Vanilla. But with a trace4 it's as expensive to break as an Eli. It's an interesting dichotomy.
>>making tags more granular (1 tag != death) but easier to land
I'd like to see what do you mean with this before judging.

>Are you also removing Crypsis?
Nah. I like the idea of a neutral AI being in core. It might get tweaks, though.
Femme will get a buff so it's an actual Killer instead of just a bypass machine.
>That's interesting, but I still think that ICE destroying should be part of anarch snowballing effect.Just making it harder to accomplish.
Not in my version of Core, where the corps have so few Ice options. It will show up later.
>What are you making with Datasucker?
It's definitely getting a change, I'm undecided on what.
>Depends on the buff, I still like the extra credit, they just need some more transactions.
Same reasoning as with Noise, I don't like Tribal cards in Core.
>I'd like to see what do you mean with this before judging.
Closed accounts will make the Runner lose some amount of credits per tag they have (currently 5). Scorch might stay at 1 tag, but require another condition. Psycho is good as is.