Other urls found in this thread:

architecturaldesigns.com/
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzS5fqP5rugEWVdqcWM0MWFYeUE/view?usp=drivesdk
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzS5fqP5rugESzk0T0tBUEdsVHM/view?usp=drivesdk
rptools.net/toolbox/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Macedonia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

its not spamming if its in the new thread ayyyeeeee

Does this look acceptable? Am I missing something?
English is not my first language, did I somewhere fuck up?

These threads are great.

Does that say 'ovenkoven'? Also, there are more German words than kreig, blitz, etc.

Yes it does say ovenkoven. I put the german words there because they sound cool, or does it break the consistency?

How do I make a map in digital media?

I suck at computers.

It looks a little weird. I'm not sure why a forest would be named 'Iron Valley'. I've also never heard of an Esker, but there's apparently a place called 'Esker Murder', so it's probably not something good.

Ovenkoven looks like gobbledygook.

S'more.

Hold on to your man-tits.

Dungeon maps?

Wow, thanks a lot, friend!

Now, if only I had a program that changed PDF files to jpegs.

Certainly, in no small part because Kreig is not a German word.

>Now, if only I had a program that changed PDF files to jpegs.
...Why?

Because I don't have PDF reading software on this laptop.

PDF readers are incredibly easy to find. Adobe, Chrome, Google Drive or whatever.

My full world map from babby's first map maker. Yes it is meant to resemble Earth somewhat.

we bp oil spill mode

>Fuck plate tectonics
>Fuck prevailing winds
>Fuck weather patterns
>FUCK PHYSICS

Well, fa/tg/uys and ca/tg/irls? Ever do this?

Calvinball is lots of fun for a brief time but it's shit for a campaign.

More or less this. World is laid out as if there are plate tectonics but the world was made by the gods (or so the stories go) and it's nature is sustained through magic. The very ebb and flow of magic acts like new prevailing winds and shape many (if not most) of it's weather patterns.

both firefox and chrome can read pdf
Literally what the fuck are you doing

anyone got in-universe maps? cuz I do.

tell me about that black hole

ancient magical event caused an explosion that leveled the big swamp and made it close to sea level, so it swamped up, its also teeming with bad evil shit

dunno what I'm going to do with the islands that shot north, but they'll be something cool

probably also bad shit down inside the hole too

Still trying to decide what will be my coveted Map 200 in my map archive.

I'm collecting maps for inspiration and practice, mostly. There are maps whose style I want to copy, or maps with perspectives and scales that I want to learn how to make myself.

still had this saved on my HD for whatever reason lol

Looks good to me. I like how misty everything looks.

>Basic Map Making in GIMP.pdf
>Making maps.pdf
>(Mapmaking) Saderan - A t(...).pdf

cool.

modern housing floorplans.

if you pick a property and then scroll down below the pictures your reach a section of floorplans. (not all of them have this section but a lot of them do.)

architecturaldesigns.com/

useful for modern or near future games.

>Korean Africa

>Korea is this large strip of country cutting through most of the supercontinent

I recently switched to Paint.NET from MSPaint and I really like it. I'm still getting the hang of the tools though.

>implying Korea doesn't own portions of Madagascar in this universe

Bump for maps.

drive.google.com/file/d/0BzS5fqP5rugEWVdqcWM0MWFYeUE/view?usp=drivesdk
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzS5fqP5rugESzk0T0tBUEdsVHM/view?usp=drivesdk
Map making stuff! I don't know why I didn't use media fire or mega, I'll combine these and upload it there later but for now enjoy the fonts and brushes n shit

Big paintNET map guy here

Layers and transparency are your best friends. I keep layers for water, water tint (made with gradients), land, and text. If you want a map that can be edited very easily with consistent blending, you're going to want to turn antialiasing off for brushes, buckets, and selection clipping. During selection I also recommend changing bilinear filtering to "nearest neighbor" filtering, which will prevent your selection from blurring when you resize or rotate it. With these settings, you will only get a single solid color with no blending or little transparent bits.

With antialiasing, however, the map will look much smoother and you won't have to spend hours doing manual blending. The issue is that if you want to do an expansion in the middle of something (increasing the amount of land between region A and B rather than just adding region C as an island or expanded coast) it will get really screwed up.

There's also something that you might not encounter, but I did, and it took tens of hours to adjust. If at some point you decide the map is too small (as in, the dimensions of the image file itself) and you make the whole thing 200% bigger or whatever, your coastlines will become super blocky as every old pixel will become multiple pixels, so it will not be consistent with any new coastlines you add. I ended up redoing almost the entire coastline of my map twice as I doubled its size twice.

The party is going to a spoopy swamp to find the dark secrets behind a witch hunt that is occurring on an occupied city in the front lines of a war. This is a map of the region. It's gonna end with them fighting a Baba-Yaga and it's house which I homebrewed

Thanks for the advice. I've already figured out the anitaliasing stuff and I'm in process of switching to two layers - one for geography and one for place names. I've download a couple bitmap fonts from dafont that look great.

One thing I'm having trouble with is the clone stamp tool. It seems like it would be useful for repeating geographic features like hills or cities, but I can't figure out how it works.

This one's very nice user.

Crazy and slightly embellished in-universe is great.

Does anybody here use maptools?
rptools.net/toolbox/

The names don't look particularly Russian to me.

Why thank you!

Oletko suomalainen?

Kicking around a semirandom map for our homebrew setting. Not!France is supposed to be the big empire that the players are trying to save, while the neighboring kingdoms bicker and wage political war.

The brother of the big meteor that created Emperor's Bay is also heading towards the world, but only the players know about it.

Nice map, but the names are cringey for a French speaker.

I'm gonna try DMing a game in the world of Elona, so here's the map of North Tyris from the wiki with all the names removed.

Happens everytime that the map is not in english (or whatever native language) to be honest. I've learned to try to take it with humour, like the dude who called his city Corbata (tie in spanish) in a previous map.

They're supposed to be. Ain't no subtlety in this place. The aim was to be "vaguely French."

there's a non-cringey way to make not-French place names, like in dragon age

Its there a easy way to take a map in one proyection and change it to another one?

You have no idea how bad it gets. You should see the not!Italy.

Oh what the hell, here's the not!Italy.

>NROME
Yes, now I see.

It's supposed to be Firome, but looks like I fucked up that part of the map.

A magical place of halfling politics, besieged by schemings of an mind flayer lich... who is really having a hard time because the fuckers are laughing at his inane plots.

>Firome
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Macedonia

Looks like I made the wrong decision regarding which country to ape.

>desert at the equator

user...

behold, garish colors!

>Mexico
>Arabian Peninsula

duuuuhhhhhh durrrr hurrrrrrrrr

Thoughts?

Too much work. "Gods did it" is my first excuse when someone tries to gain nerd cred at my expense.

>Both of the outermost rooms are shitters

But none of those are in the ecuator?

what's up with the Cascade and Astolfo rivers? real world rivers don't generally split like that

Also, I'm assuming they're flowing out of a lake, because otherwise...

..oh dear.

Rivers REALLY don't work like that.

Your rivers are retarded

Yeah, though the whole of not!France is suffering from ancient precursors warping it like playdough.

Most likely. I'm literally reverse-engineering this shit from the notes.

First Map for first home brew campaign. Going to add some crooked old trees in the marsh areas. Also going to add a few major settlements, but have the rest be not well documented. Opinions?

Bump

Been working on a sci-fi setting for couple months now. Some of the system names are more or less placeholder but other than that I'm pretty much done with mapping for now. Next I'll start sketching out the different states, cultures, alien races (which are in the minority since most of the galaxy is inhabited by humans) and political relations or whatnot. The zoomed out part is where the players will be starting off.

I guess while I'm in university I should take advantage of the online library databases

ooh this is pretty interesting

either I'm a fucking retard or some parts of this are hard to replicate.

Garish colours are the best.

I fail to see anything particularly interesting.

bump

Sorry, but I'm not Finnish.

this is the entire thing. It's done since the taking of this pic. Sorry for the big one being in shitty res it's just that it's huge and I got a bad phone cam

1/3

this has been finished since the pic was taken

and last one 3/3

I wish I had a better camera. I want this on digital.

Damn this is beautiful. How long did it take?

Large Island north looks like the product of a game engine. Whole landmass looks boring and unnatural with the way the west and south hotspot bays are distributed and the islands conveniently speckle only near them.

Small Island looks more natural and interesting.

Would ditch big island and make the small one bigger.

The cracked ground/fields/swamp (?) in the center is less sharp than the other symbols and breaks the style.

Kinda reminds me of that nice Elder Scrolls: Morrowind map

Map for a fairly generic gothic hexcrawler. It's only partially finished. I need to figure out what I should populate Soparish with (it's the spoopy mysterious shit as compared to Norparish's militant paranoia).

Gorgeous. You should take some more pics of it for us.

Great guide and the one I am using, but skip the river guide in Saderan and use this river guide instead.

>mfw I use mostly dead or barely spoken languages to avoid that

Well, for the most part. The chinamen have straight up words but they aren't a focus, and not enough people speak Sanskrit for me to get into trouble.

Lithuanian is basically Sanskrit with Slavic loanwords.

?

Running a modern superheroes campaign with this.