Chaos Space Marine warband creation thread

FALL IN FAGGOTS, WE'RE MAKING A WARBAND!

Roll 1d10 to see if we're a legion warband or renegade chapter. DO IT NOW.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/D-_qS_3KXBA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rolled 10 (1d10)

We're a legion warband - WITH FRIENDS!

Roll a d10 again for a secondary element such as allied groups or units.

Let's fucking do this!!!!!!

Woops - disregard the d10. Roll a d100 for allies.

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Post art too.

Rolled 67 (1d100)

DAmn it.

Looks we've got
>specific group of Chaos/renegade mortals (renegade/corrupted Lost and the Damned regiments, anti-Imperium rebels, clan of tribals, corrupted mutants, mercenary bands, pirate gangs....etc)

I guess we can work that out when we get to it. Roll 1d100 for our progenitor legion.

Rolled 97 (1d100)

Lets go thousand sons

almost friend, almost

You were THIS CLOSE, user. We've got the OG edgelords - the Night Lords!

Roll a d10 for our devotion to the Ruinous Powers.

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Is there one of these tables for any WHFB factions?

>Neutral. The warband believes Chaos to be more of a tool than something to be worshipped, serving the dark Gods when it benefits them.

Pretty standard Night Lords roll, from what we know of them.

Roll a d12 to find out which specific god(s) we worship now.

There's one for empire knight orders, but that's it as far as I know. The 40k ones got started because there was a Space Marine one in the FFG books.

Rolled 7 (1d12)

let's hope for "roll again twice"

Woops - table says if they're Night Lords, we rock Undivided automatically. Disregard this, I suck cocks.

Roll a d100 to see what form our beliefs take.

Rolled 98 (1d100)

Rolled 58 (1d100)

Here's hoping for something interesting

Rolled 10 (1d100)

>Do what you want, for an Astartes is Free - These Marines are no longer bound by any laws or codes, and will do as they please when they please.

WE'RE PIRATES, BOYS! FUCK THE MAN!

Roll a d10 for our warband's demeanor.

Rolled 7 (1d10)

>Extra Heresy. A surprisingly large amount of the warband is willing to work alongside aliens, so long as they also worship Chaos (also this isn’t always the case. May also just include mutual hatred for the same enemy.). The battle-brothers in this force are more tolerant than most others.

This warband confirmed for absolutely not fucking around with this heresy business. This fits in well with our allies roll at the top too.

Roll a d10 for our common mutations. You run with chaos and you're bound to have a few extra limbs.

Rolled 1 (1d10)

>hunger for flesh
This is getting interesting! We're at the very least living up to all the Night Lords rumors.

Roll a d100 for our figure of legend.

Rolled 78 (1d100)

>Chosen or Terminator

I like it. We're gonna have to decide which one we want, though.

Roll a d100 for our deeds of legend.

Rolled 77 (1d100)

>The legend committed great atrocities during the boarding of an Eldar Craftworld. He and his Warband are still hated to this day by the Eldar.

Looks like we pissed off some Eldar. Probably not gonna be their allies any time soon.

Roll a d100 for our homeworld.

Rolled 2 (1d100)

fleetbasedfleetbasedfleetbased

this works too

Sorry user - we're a feral world. Unless you wanna be fleet based, then we can fudge it. We ARE pirates, after all.

d100 for terrain, if you wanna stay feral. Dunno about the protocol for terrain on ships.

Rolled 100 (1d100)

They're big ships.

>Airless

Oooooh, this one should be a lot of fun!

Roll d10 for our combat doctrine. Or, we can just skip this roll and take terror tactics automatically since we're Night Lords.

Rolled 56 (1d100)

1dTEN, man.

Rolled 7 (1d10)

>Daemons, Daemons EVERYWHERE - Any fight the warband participates in is followed by legions of chaos daemons, with the intent of turning the planet into a daemon world for the glory of Chaos.

Night Lord terrorist pirates with daemonic support? I fucking dig it.

Roll a d100 for our special equipment

Rolled 85 (1d100)

>Special Armour
So we've our own armor, it seems. This could be fun.

Roll a d10 for our warband strength.

Rolled 4 (1d10)

>Slightly Understrength

Fair enough. Roll a d10 to see why exactly we're a few men down.

Bump

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Chaos can be fickle tool and that goes for my dice rolling too

Rolled 8 (1d10)

Let's try this again, but fail less

>The Warband is strong, but it's forces are spread thin, deployed in a Black Crusade, skirmishing, following their own agendas, etc.

Fitting our pirate nature, a lot of our forces are out doing whatever the fuck they want. Gotta respect that.

We've already rolled for our allies earlier ITT, so let's get to the fun part and see who we love to hate. Roll a d100 to find out who our enemies are.

Rolled 10 (1d100)

Rolled 100 (1d100)

Seems like we would be pretty important for a crusade seeing as we have a shit ton of daemons following us at all times

Looks like we're a bunch of backstabbing cunts. Roll a d100 since our enemies are actually on the allies table.

Rolled 51 (1d100)

>Specific group of Chaos/renegade mortals (renegade/corrupted Lost and the Damned regiments, anti-Imperium rebels, clan of tribals, corrupted mutants, mercenary bands, pirate gangs....etc)

That's funny - we're fighting the same roll we got for our allies. We're a fun bunch!

Let's review where we're at now that the rolling's finished:

>We're a legion warband with a close connection to some allies
>Said allies are a specific group of fellow renegades
>We're descended from the Night Lords
>We're neutral on the gods by default
>We're also undivided by default
>We're a gang of freedom-loving pirates who love to corroborate with xenos filth
>We also hunger for flesh and probably eat our fair share of it
>We have either a chosen one or a terminator as our figure of legend, who decided to assfuck an entire Eldar craftworld. They're still pissed about this.
>We come from a feral world with no air. I don't know how this works but I like it.
>We use a lot of daemons in our combat doctrine, but we're also still slight terrorist fucks since we're Night Lords AND pirates.
>Our specialty is specialized armor and we're slightly understrength in terms of marines, but we roll with plenty of allies and daemons to recoup our losses
>we actually DO have a lot of marines, they're all just out doing whatever they want since they're pirates.
>we have a particular hatred for another group of renegades. Hey, it's a cutthroat life.

And that's the end of the rolling.

We did this already, finish off the chimera legion before making a new band you faggot
T. Creator of chimera legion page

Too late, slut.

I bet we like to hang out with kroot, due to dietary similarities.

Most likely. I bet the Tau hate our guts for corrupting their pals.

I'm still confused about how we live on a feral world with no air to breathe, but I like what we've got.

Anyone have any ideas for names and heraldry? Also, what kind of special armor are we rocking? Daemonic? Xenotech? Archeotech?

Daemonic power armor with a pirate motif

TIGER HEADED OPIUM NIGHTMARE ASIAN PIRATES

Maybe it's got no air on the surface, but there's some form of atmosphere beneath the planets surface?

I dig it.

That makes sense and at the same doesn't, but it's just chaotic enough to work.

Maybe we have daemons that fucked up our ecosystem so badly that the natural atmosphere deteriorated and eventually disappeared? Now all we have left is caves with artificial atmosphere that we use for slave cultivation?

That would work

I've been working on some stuff. In due time brother

t. Arbites user

Evil Hua Yuan?

Some Ideas I have Already

>Lovecraftian Bucanneers
>Vampire Counts themed pirates. Vampirates, if you will
>Corrupted Gue'Vesa, who have fallen from the Greater Good to Chaos
>Soviet Cosmonaut Spetznaz
>Batman themed psychopaths

As for allies/enemies do we go with something established or roll our own?

Vampirates... that could range from b movie to amazing depending on how it works out

>>Vampire Counts themed pirates. Vampirates, if you will

>As for allies/enemies do we go with something established or roll our own?
If we're gonna go the vampire counts IN SPACE route, we could do a troop of renegade guardsmen who are cursed to be skeletal minions.

>Malal has blessed our servants with the ability to return from non-existence

How do we feel about the Sons of Malice? They're also vampirate marines.

Well the Sons of Malice hate everything Chaos, especially the undivided ones, which we happen to be. We operate under similar pretenses but we definitely don't get along.

>youtu.be/D-_qS_3KXBA

>The Emperor..The Greater Good...the Gods...man has long flung himself at the feet of causes he deems greater than himself, to grovel in the presence of their own mortality in the vain belief that his existence will be validated by some higher power. That if they dedicate themselves to something outside their own pathetic person that their lives may gain some sense of value. Pathetic.

>There is only one thing in this galaxy with true value. The gold standard behind every Throne and Credit. Violence. There is no debating the value of shed blood, there is no misunderstanding of the value of traded blows. Blood is the universal currency, the tender with which the Gods trade, the backing behind every bit of gold in our coffers.

>So why bend knee to some uncarring God? Why spend your own blood to slake the thirst of a crippled king? Why deny yourself the decadence and glory of conquest under some childish notion of "Good"?

>To the Warp with them all. Let the Blood and Coin flow, and may the Darkness guide this Ship.

Fucking metal m8.

Think Hotline Miami, but with daemons for masks and super-warp cocaine.

Brutal

Well THAT'S going onto the Hua Yuan page

I can get behind that
So then, why do the other chaos worshippers put up with our bullshit?

Who says they do? Our enemies are literally another force of renegades. Maybe another warband got tired of our shit and wants us dead.

Or maybe they raided our usual targets and now we're on a revenge mission to take them out and get our booty back?

The never ending tides of undead swag helps keep the haters at bay.

The haughty attitudes, penchant for crypticsm, and unrelenting habit for unbiased piracy doesn't help us make friends, however.

Some possible names

>Goldfangs
>Sanguine Raiders
>Black Marauders
>Red Kings

Red Kings is pretty kickass, but what would the color scheme be? There are a LOT of red CSM warbands and making one stand out would be a bitch.

Maybe red with the white lightning on the legs like their parent legion?

Black with red lightning?

Red with black feathers painted throughout their armour?

Black with gold teeth motifs, red wings and white lightning?

Feathers would be a bitch but it would look good.

For some reason I am absolutely captivated with the idea that there are demon-kroot auxiliaries in this warband, since kroot are well known for being mercenaries and probably would be willing to work alongside this band

Without a shaper, they probably would eat of demons on their own and start to mutate to resemble them. I wonder what this would produce

I'd say gold teeth motifs, Red armor with black highlights and white lightning on the legs

I'm just thinking it would be a neat VK:R reference, as evidenced here As for history I'm thinking something like this

>Fuedal world gets hit with a Warp Virus, turning them into blood sucking freaks
>=][= revs ups to slap them in the face with the full force of it's length and girth
>Tau offers them a way out for joining Greaber Goob : DDD
>Being Gue’Vesa sucks dick
>Ditch the tau dragging along some dog soldiers and no small number of Kroot with them
>Get folded into a NL splinter cell, who surprise surprise, catch the nasty warp virus and become vamp freaks as well
>The Red Kings now chill with DEldar and eccentric Necron

Sounds nice, does this mean we can do a Lost and Damned + Kroot as allies/auxiliaries

I think there should be an emphasis on DEldar and Kroot, since they both suit the themes of the Red Kings

I'm not quite sure what should be done about the whole Daemon thing, or how to tie that into piracy or vampirism, considering we can't be bothered with the Ruinous Powers

So here's something to consider. These noble anons mentioned the ever fantastic Chimera Legion and it struck me that something interesting to do is to have the Red Kings be mirrored opposites.

The Chimera Legion is a COBRA/ISIS terrorist group with an inhouse dogma purpose built to keep the subordinate humans in check, who worship the warband's leader as God.

I think it may interesting to swap the relationship of the Marines and the "humans" and have the humans in charge and the marines subordinates. Perhaps even have the marines be slavering beasts and the "humans" cunning manipulators.

Maybe not the humans, but the DEldar, since they are being incorporated

It just seems so unlikely that a human of any kind in a chaos warband, where might=right, would lead around marines, at least to me

In my mind, DEldar are more likely to be able to manipulate the marines within the warband while still seeming to be in a subordinate position due to the general craftyness that Eldar have over humans

Unless the virus turned the Astartes into mindless beasts. Either way I think with this particular warband, guille is more potent than brawn.

As for DEldar, I mention them simply because I think they fill out the socialite aspect of vampires rather well, and occupy the "court" of the Kings, whereas the Tarrellians and the Kroot would be more like foot soldiers/elite guard

Headed out for the night.

Don't let the thread die

Should we roll up our enemy? The lost and the damned regiment?

yeah! Let's do it!

>Former Regiment Classification d10

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Planetary Defense Force: Former defenders of an Imperial world but having realized truths they never considered that have freed them from Imperial rule.

>Recruitment Criteria d100