Is there any hope for weiss schwarz?

Is there any hope for weiss schwarz?

Other urls found in this thread:

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/65282/tanto-cuore
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Considering the subpar gameplay along with Bushiroad's distribution issues and languid pace at localizing sets, no.

>along with Bushiroad's distribution issues and languid pace at localizing sets
It also sucks that a lot of people just play JP decks which makes it very unapproachable to newer players

But is there any other waifu game that could take it place?

As in games in the US that have licensed anime characters? You are out of luck.

No as in any other waifu game getting localized

>Gochiusa card game
Fuck I have to try this. It is too bad that with the Japanese being eternally out of touch this isn't in a LCG format. I imagine that the singles can't cost that much at least.

It all depends ive seen some cards from the miku set get to 1k USD
But from my own experiences every cardshop that sold vanguard also sold weiss cards
Finding people to play with might be a problem but theres FB groups for that kind of stuff

According to Veeky Forums's /bgg/ thread, Tanto Cuore is good.

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/65282/tanto-cuore

what's even the point of the game?

I mean, yu gi oh is about circumventing the enemy with a hard limit on how many cards you can have out so you have to build combos that cycle through your field but don't block it.

Magic is about weighing strength of a combo vs the time it takes to get going as the mana system basically works as a turn clock, leading to interesting optimisation problems.

But how the fuck do you "do" in Weiss Schwarz? I seriously can't figure out what the point here is.

I might have to check it out
Well the playing field is referred to as the stage. Your attacking characters go center stage while your assistance characters are back stage
The graveyard is also called the waiting room and there are climax cards like climax of a concert
So i guess you could say the point of the game is to see who can use their characters to have the most entertaining show/concert/performance
Just dont quote me on this

Can confirm.
It's mostly a race to who can full-combo first though

There are the other Bushiroad ones, but I haven't heard of any of the other ones coming over soon.

>So i guess you could say the point of the game is to see who can use their characters to have the most entertaining show/concert/performance

sure, but mechanically
what do you DO
what is the focal point of the rules
the resource allocation aspect seems to be too shallow to really be the focus

In my experience it is very linear. Each side takes damage which allows them to put bigger and bigger things on the table as the game goes on. Not a lot of mechanical variety in that sense but the novelty is there.

>Early YGO
summon the strongest monsters to deplete opponents LP
>Current Weiss
play the strongest characters to deal damage to your opponent until you win

I really cant answer that user i only play YGO and this. Im hoping the game gets a chance to develop and become more combo oriented with more complex climax assist and counter cards. But i still remember YGO back in elementary school it was all about who could summon Blue eyes or dark magician first

My thread is dead

I want to fuck Piruluk.

You start from level 0, get 8 damage and you're up one level. You lose when you get to level 4.
The mechanic of the game is you can't cast cards with a higher level than you and the higher the level, the stronger the cards are. So basically the deader you are, the stronger you get.

Sounds slow and boring

It plays really fast, but you are right about the boring part. Imagine suicide black in MTG but that is your only option.

Man, I love the rush of playing Suicide Black, but if that's the only option, I'll pass on it.

>suicide waifus

Suicide?

Waifus?

Did someone say waifus

The fourth option should be "I love Emilia".

You're not meant to actually play it, it's just another way for Japan to make money off of lonely virgins who want to jack off to cardboard waifus.

>implying that literally everything in japan isnt
Also
>virgins
>on Veeky Forums
Obviously, why not jus have fun