Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Shadow of the Necrarch edition.

>Previous Thread
Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
returnofreckoning.com/

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YOtpgz4L5d8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rule Bretonnia!

We're working on it.

what are the best warham fantasy novels?

Still basecoating my 200+ model Dark Elf army.

As an user suggested I took a picture beforehand and will also take a picture afterwards, just for fun. I have almost every Dark Elf character model aside from Malekith and Morathi. I wish I could still find them, and I also wish they would have given Malus Darkblade a new model before the end.

Have you considered a wooden badger?

>/whfbg/ reaching bump limit

W-what's happening? A few months ago I thought the topic would go extinct by 2017.

Discussion of the RPG, heated discussion of lore, vidya, and bashing GW.

Just like the good old days.

>I thought the topic would go extinct by 2017.

It pretty much is.

I counter.

On the subject: Who here Warhams larp? What faction? What game?

>>Having taken the surface world for themselves, the Skaven realize too late there is no one left to pat them.

Such a sad-tragic story-tale, manthing.

How do we make Warhammer halflings more interesting? Unlike most races which usually have a dark twist, Warhammer halflings are pretty standard.

I dunno, the halflings are pretty vicious towards eachother and they are apparently the natural predator of vampires.

The Empire omnibus is pretty solid. Reads more like historical fiction, which suits Warhams imho.

Gotrek & Felix books are good.

>the halflings are pretty vicious towards eachother

I don't recall that being the case. Any examples?

Halflings are basically friendly Port Innsmouth folk. They disappear travelers.

Not useful for an army lore, but it doesn't have to be.

>He's unaware of pie day

Get yourself the WHFRP book "Sigmar's Heirs" and reed about the moot.

And avoid the moot on pie day, lest ye never return home.

Don't forget, they are almost entirely immune to chaos.

What edition are considered to be good? I brought a few army books yesterday and wantex to know if i got stuff that was ok:
The Empire, 2000
Wood Elves, 2005
Dwarfs, 2005
Bretonnia, 2003
Orcs and Goblins, 2000
Lizardmen, 2003

They were sold for cheap

>nurgle is anti-undead

Halberdiers coming online lads.

6e is best.

7e is worst.

8e is Skub.

They are from 6'th edition and it's consider one of the better editions with some of the better army books.

7'th edition has good core rules, but the army books kinda blows.

Those are all fine being from 6th. The WElves being from the tail end was a little strong when compared to earlier books, such as The Empire and Orcs and Goblins.

Hey, does Bretonnia still have a Sun King and use crossbows and cannon in the field? No? Then stop using 20 year old fluff to justify your shitty argument.

It is kind of a shame that Bretonnia don't get to have crossbows, but I guess the knights don't like the peasants having them.

A shame Bretonnia lost all its fun toys.

>academics misinterpret Plaguebearers as undead

Solved.

Bretonnia deserves new units. Something that works with the chivalric yet grim medieval theme.

The entire argument was "m-muh nurgle has been so abused and hurt s-so flanderized!" when from day one he was throwing out zombies. Autismal fanon is not canon

THIS. Half orcs and gnomes are gone too. Deal with it.

I do like the identity they have established as "backwards due to magical macguffin, super Arthurian/Monty Python".

Yeah man. There is a reason that in history, people sometimes assumed plague victims were the walking dead.

>Half-Orcs were in reality Chaos mutants with Orc-like characteristics

Well, plague zombies is a thing in 40k. I could see it being a thing in WHF as well.

Not him and the entire discussion is fucking stupid, but Half-Orcs rule.

See, I can totally buy this. And chaos effecting orcs/gobbos is also cannon.

Yeah, but in 40k, all necromancy is chaos, rather than a standalone power. Vampires, zombies, etc. All chaos.

Eh, I like the self-creating fungus-biome thing. Fimir and Beastmen (who originated from Runecraft's Broo), have the rape-market cornered for Warhammer.

If Chaos can merge man and beast to create Beastmen, why not man and Orc to create Half-Orcs?

Alright gang.

6th Edition Chaos Warriors.

Should I be equipping my Warriors of Chaos/Chosen with additional hand weapons, hand weapon and shield, halberds or great weapons?

I'm most likely going with a Nurgle-themed force, so they'll be causing fear as well.

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but I always wanted to buy some chinaman models and just paint the models. There's nothing wrong in that if there's fun in learning how to paint right? Always enjoyed the warriors of chaos for this reason.

Your money is yours. If you just want to buy models to paint, do so.

Nothing wrong with that m8

Let the good times roll

I don't have any moral problem with it myself, but keep in mind that the restic plastic the Chinaman uses is somewhat toxic compared to what GW uses.

Shields. Keeps them surviving longer so that you can break the enemy with Fear rather than flat out killing them.

Time wasted having fun is never wasted.

Orcs are made of wholly different stuff than anything else in the whole world, as accidentally brought to the world as spores by the Old Ones. They are heavily resistant, though not immune to chaos, and are self policing to the point that something as "unorclike" as a half orc would be destroyed on the spot.

If its not a genderless, self replicating, barbarian gorilla-fungus, is it really an orc?

I'd kind of like Gnomes restored.

Honest question of curiosity: Why? What do you feel they add to the setting?

fantasy is dead, chinamen is entirely legit

> Pie Day.

youtube.com/watch?v=YOtpgz4L5d8

That's why Half-Orcs would be outcast from both human and Orc society and live among other Chaos mutants, in ever dwindling numbers.

Looking good. What make are they?

Also which province?

They made fun player characters in first edition WHFRP and are a nice change of pace from the usual stubborn dwarf, roguish halfling or snooty elf options.

Your command is facing the wrong way, isn't it?

Those are Artizan as they were the cheapest.

They're Nordland. Well they're going to be blue and yellow which is nordland but I'd rather then just be from a town somewhere further south. I have nothing that really makes then Nordland, no marines etc

So essentially a non-existent oddity that no one every sees?

But fluff wise, what do they add to the world? What about them makes them integral to the world for you? Where do they fit?

Again, just curious.

Its obviously a display pic.

Nice. I always liked the Nordland fluff but was never too struck on their colour scheme. Mind you, many Empire provinces are an acquired taste.

Half-Orcs were not products of rape in Warhammer.

It was savage men breeding with Orcs.

Spore apes is a fun option, but it having to be one or the other sucks. Like limiting the Great Game to only four Chaos Gods.

Why does literally everything have to be because Chaos?

What's the best knightly order and why is it the White Wolves?

>Why does literally everything have to be because Chaos?

Can you think of a better way for mushrooms to breed with mammals?

What does having characters and races who don't belong to a nation of hats add fluff-wise?

Gee, I dunno.

>Spore apes is a fun option
Spore apes are what make warhammer orcs unique. Literally every other orc in existence is a near copy-paste of Tolkien otherwise.

>Why does literally everything have to be because Chaos?
Because that is part of the focus of Warhammer?

Thats a weird way of spelling knights of Morr

I am asking out of honest curiosity. What do they add to your enjoyment of the setting that can't be covered by another race?

>Can you think of a better way for mushrooms to breed with mammals?

Yes.
Not all of them are mushrooms.

Some became mushrooms long ago due to a strange unexplained mutation.

The mushroom ones believe its a blessing from Mork or Gork. The non-mushrooms believe its a curse from Mork or Gork. All four sides fight over it.

>Spore apes are what make warhammer orcs unique. Literally every other orc in existence is a near copy-paste of Tolkien otherwise.

No, green orcs and tusks is what makes Warhammer Orcs unique. Spore apes is some retarded shit that came from 40k.

>Because that is part of the focus of Warhammer

That's the same dumbfuck thinking that results in fifteen motherfucking varieties of Space Marines that get almost all of the attention.

If you have a main focus faction in a setting with fourteen major factions, you have failed.

> Changing the entire lore of Orcs just so you can have sex with one.

You seriously don't understand why not having an entire race be a single trope is a bad thing?

Are you a Games Workshop writer?

>But fluff wise, what do they add to the world? What about them makes them integral to the world for you?

It's harder to justify in those terms. I like that they fulfill the role of "diminutive magical race", which Warhammer otherwise lacks. Halflings and Dwarfs are not inclined to use magic, but Gnomes have some innate skill. I suppose they might have been an attempt by the Old Ones to combine the virtues of Elves and Dwarves, before they created Halflings and Ogres.

You mean "changing it back".

Also, Half-Orcs isn't "so you can have sex with one", its "so you can mix up your armies more". A Half-Orc would be a proxy option like Ogre Maneaters are.

Yeah, half-orcs were so sexy. That's why people want them back alright.

>That's the same dumbfuck thinking that results in fifteen motherfucking varieties of Space Marines that get almost all of the attention.

Chaos is synonymous with magic in Warhammer. It is no surprise that magic is important in a fantasy setting.

It sucks, because I'd love the idea of Bretonnia having gunpowder, but only in the absolute most crudest form. Where the Empire and the Dwarves have weapons approaching true artillery, like serpentines, demi-cannons and culverins, Bretonnia has clumsy looking brass bombards and silly shit. Do not tell me you could not see pic related being used by peasants.

I'm still confused on why we don't have skeles of other races.

But even that image suggests they're the product of magic rather than breeding.

There were Lizzymen, Dwarf, Orc and Skaven skellies in the 6th ed Cursed Company.

... that guy has a cock and balls on his helm.

This isn't 40k.

It only suggests it. Doesn't confirm it.
Orcs still had females and civilians then too.

Are Skaven necromancers a thing? If so are there any Skaven Liches?

Canon is a single Skaven Clan obsessed with death since they fought Nagash.

But no Skaven Necromancer has rver been mentioned.

Well thanks user now I can't unsee it

Shit, wrong image.

That could be a cool themed army.

Skaven slaves would be steam-powered dead bodies, a-la Cryx mechanithralls in Warmachine. Maybe with transplanted skaven slave brains to explain the panic tests.

What kind of STDs does Nurgle bestow?

All of them and more.

Check 1d4chan, that lot made a page for all the canon Skaven clans. With pics for most of them of comor schemes.

Big ones.

I imagine Bretonnian gunpowder would be horribly inaccurate compared to most siege engines of the Warhammer world - but hey, it's better than trying to explain how a fucking trebuchet can be accurate in a field battle, or using yet another variation on a ballista.

....So why play warhammer?

>Spore apes is some retarded shit that came from 40k.
No... They have been fungoid barbarians since second edition in '84

>That's the same dumbfuck thinking that results in fifteen motherfucking varieties of Space Marines that get almost all of the attention.

>If you have a main focus faction in a setting with fourteen major factions, you have failed.

Thats nonsensical rhetoric. The theme of Warhammer is everything vs. chaos, as chaos both changes and destroys in equal measure. Everything is primal chaos in the end.

>Oy! Dare yoo entah muh magickal realm? Ima zog you good!

...So why are you playing Warhammer?

See, now this is a real answer. Its does beg the question on how you disconnect the magic of the race from chaos, as well as how the rest of the world reacts to them.

He's just angry because he doesn't get the core themes.

As says, Cursed Company. Human skellies are just more marketable to produce. You can also fesably mod human skellies to be dwarf, elf etc. Mordheim also had non human zombie figs.

Pfft. You call that a dick helm? Pic related

I recall reading in general, they don't have any truck with death magic, because they are terrified of dying in general. They are not really psychologically compatible with necromancy.

Ones that were only found in sharks until now.

Supposidly, their ships have some of the best guns and gunners in the old world. They are not bound to the magic of the land, and the lady though.

Also, mousilon imports guns.

Not going to dump any more, don't worry.

>No... They have been fungoid barbarians since second edition in '84

[Citation Needed]

I agree, but what?

Why do you keep asking people who disagree with you why they playing? There's more than one way to do a faction.

Are you like those guys who bitch about people's OCs?

Personally, I prefer orcs to be sexually reproducing. If you think orc bulls are bad, imagine how nasty an orc sow must be to be able to tolerate one.

Skaven see their magic as a gift bestowed by the Horned Rat so to use anything else is tantamount to heresy. They also have very short lifespans compared to everyone else. Humans have just the right amount of years required to be able to pick up necromancy, but also not enough that they can rest on their laurels so they need to cram as much as they can before they bite the dust or turn into a Wraith. The majority of Skaven are just too preoccupied with living today and tomorrow to think about life ten, twenty years from today.

I think he's asking for units that have the chivalry side but aren't knights in shining, gleaming armour. It's basically what 6th edition made them into, but the book was limited like most 6th edition army books. Personally I think something more mystical along the lines of a mage hunter would have been cool. A knight with Magic Resistance, a staff with a variety of anti-magic bonuses to choose from and a one handed weapon.

Orc females would probably be very demanding, and would back up their demands by cracking skulls together if they weren't met.

If you wanted to impress an Orc girl, you'd have to have a big fight and conquer a nearby humie castle. And you'd have to fill it with all sorts of shiny and pretty stuff. And she'd want some humie servants to do all the cooking, because she doesn't want to do that, but she wants to boss over the cooking anyway because it gives her an excuse to crack more skulls. And then maybe, maybe if the Orc in question hasn't died in accomplishing all this, she'll be up for rolling in the hay - but it'll be a Spartan-style sort of sex, you know? As in fighting. As in fighting to the bedroom, fighting in the bedroom, fighting after the bedroom.

Second edition rulebook, army list, Bloodbath at Orc's Drift, etc etc.

Every three or four threads this discussion pops up. Check the archives tons of ideas.

Its one of the unique features of the warhammer setting though, and explains a lot about their culture and propagation as a near suicidally violent species. You're basically making small ogres or green painted chaos marauders.

Removing that is like removing chaos. Whats the point of playing in the setting otherwise?

You magical realmers are as bad as the AoShills.

I wouldn't go that far... but yeah Orcs are asexual in this setting.

You can still have half-Orcs but they're not going to be the product of a barbarian-Orc romp.

>Are Skaven necromancers a thing? If so are there any Skaven Liches?

Skaven Necromancers exist, so Liches probably do.