EDH/Commander General

SECRET TECH Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, so?rted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Topic
What are your secret tech cards?

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-01-17-rashmi-control/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bolass-funhouse/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/list-multiplayer-edh-generals-by-tier/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What are your secret tech cards?

For anyone who plays Noyan Dar.

This card gets me so many cheeky land wipes

Wow, I can't believe I've never seen anyone use this before, looks like a real bitch.

To the user that wanted Druids, there's always Seton. Don't forget your Paradox Engine so you can truly by Mystery of the Druids

So I wanna build an interactive blue green deck that counters spells and generates value and shit. Either counter something each turn or draw cards with some fof like shit and get value off rashmi, not necessarily cheating anything remarkable into play all the time. What I'm wondering is two things:
What are some good ug flashy utility creatures like mystic snake and draining whelk?
What are some win conditions in such a deck, preferably fair with like one emergency combo?

Which should I get, a Cryptic Command or Pact of Negation? Pact lets me protect my combos without worrying about mana costs, but Command is generally more useful.

I didn't have a chance to play it because I've not drawn into it yet but without Krak Clan Ironworks Thopter Foundry is pretty useful as a sac outlet for artifacts.

You have told us nothing about your deck or meta, so I am going to assume you are in 5c and take cryptic out of the running completely for that triple u.

Better luck next time.

How bad is mash shuffling for your sleeves? It's the only way I can shuffle with my little bitch hands.

Here you go brohemian, my list:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-01-17-rashmi-control/

I don't run any flashy UG value creatures, they just don't do enough for the deck. The ones that are there very good at what they do.
I don't believe there's any viable win condition in group commander that isn't a form of combo, or heavy stax. So in that case I run top/helm/leyline of the future with laboratory maniac as a way of winning when I have control of the board. I can usually convince even very anti combo groups that this is necessary, as how else could I ever win the game? Sphinx beats?
If that's not your speed I suppose you could try a bit if spice like Helix pinnacle.

It's not.

DESU I think mash and pile shuffling are all anyone does with sleeves. Rifle shuffling a 100 card double sleeved monster seems impossible, not that I see anyone do it with 60 cards either.

I mean you might hit the edges together just right and split a sleeve open, but I've been playing magic for 14 years and that's only happened to me once ever.

Grab both halves of the deck in each hand.
Set the middle of the length of one pile on the edge of the other pile.
Gently let the half touching the corner half "slide" together into one pile.

Do this a few times (4-5) then cut twice.

It's really simple

Not sufficiently random, IIRC you want to shuffle 20 times for a 100 card deck

Are there any notably good EDH viable instant speed burn/removal spells? I'm playing maelstrom wanderer face smash and I'd love something that can act both as an early removal and late game finisher. Basically I'd like to run lightning bolt but at higher cmc and impact. I've got warstorm surge in that "slot" right now but it seems a bit too win-morey and janky

>Instant speed burn
In EDH? Lol no. You can try your luck with some X spells, but that seems bad in Maelstrom.

>Removal
Hell yeah, stuff like beast within, pongify, rapid hybridization and krosan grip are all in your colors.

oh yeah, i forgot how blue also did low cmc creature destruction. funny how that's a thing. thanks

>What are your secret tech cards?

Solid performer in Erebos.

Sometimes reanimating can't happen, and nobody expects Control Magic. Also sac outlet I guess

Mind's Dilation is a must have. It is such a fun card that can generate so much value for you.

When your opponent casts their first spell, it triggers Mind's Dilation, which has a good chance of netting you one of their spells, which you can cast for free. That triggers Rashmi, which means a card draw at worst and another free spell at best. Plus the spell from Rashmi resolves before the spell from Mind's Dilation which resolves before the spell your opponent cast in the first place meaning you have a ton of options on how you can react before the opponent can do anything. It's so fun.

Forgot the card for reference.

Why isn't this mentioned more often? It'll almost always get rid of something nasty and sometimes multiple things, no?

>Secret Tech
>Capsize
>Rhystic Study
I use them both in almost all my EDH decks that run blue. To devastating value in nearly every game they turn up.

Personally, i enjoy using it cause it goes through hexproof and shroud but some people complain that it shouldn't get used cause of the vote system. I cram it in if there's space.

Your explanation is hard to understand.

>This card gets me so many cheeky land wipes
Do you actually benefit or is it just lmao MLD xD?

>Implying either one of those are secrets
>At all

This is one of my favorites, I added it because someone was playing kruphix a lot and I wanted a way to deal with that and since it has performed well even against normal decks.

Both
are pretty solid.

Do yourself a favor and get a Helm of Possession.

>I added it because someone was playing kruphix a lot and I wanted a way to deal with that
>adding cards to your deck specifically to counter one person

It's even better when you float your mana and flash in caller of the claw after the wipe. I've done that in karametra before and it was lmao

What's a good website to browse basic land art?

It's even better with a Titania in play.

I'm looking to make a Breya deck.
Besides the enormous amount of infinite combos, what do you guys like putting in Breya's 99?

Thats pretty awesome. Thanks

My dick.

Ok I think I figured out Baru grandeur combo. Cast Baru while you have dual nature and sundial of the infinite. You get the token copy of Baru, sac regular Baru, dual nature's ability goes on the stack, tap sundial to end your turn. From there you just need to dig Baru out of your grave repeatedly.

Vorthosy bolas deck with poltical shit in it.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bolass-funhouse/

what can i do to make its creature game a bit better?

Deadeye + RUne-Scarred Demon insane value without going infinite ;)

I, run Dack Fayden, Nahiri the Harbinger and both Daretti's in my deck for card quality and to get artifacts in my graveyard so I can reanimate them with Open the Vaults

Tutors for my infinite combos.

Your shitposting that a person found a way to respond to a threat? At least user wasn't bitching and whining "it's too strong plz ban"

It's a pathetic and douchey move to put cards in your deck for no reason other than to counter a specific player.

I sincerely hope the Kruphix player in question wasn't his friend. If they were, hopefully they aren't anymore.

> I think adapting to a meta is a sin.

Let me guess, Meren players that don't like when people add graveyard hate to their decks?

You're fucking stupid. If one deck is a problem in your meta it's a right fine fucking dandy idea to put silver bullets in your deck for it.

>haha my deck is so gud I win all the time
>wtf come on u fags don't play cards that beat mine that's pathetic and shit >:(

The only one pathetic here is you. user states that the card works well even against other decks. Also, who gives a shit if they're friends or not? If a person gets so assblasted over a card game, clearly it's a dumbass that should grow thicker skin.

That's stupid, if someone has a deck that's too fast sometimes you have to throw in mental misstep to stop him. Making your deck worse just because you're trying to be fair to everyone can lead to one deck dominating

what forests go well with urza islands?

Fuck it I'm going to build Hidetsugu

I use it in Gwafa Hazid and it does pretty good work since I'm rarely seen as a threat

How do I stop making voltron decks? I have like four now.

Build someone who isn't voltron

What do I tutor for in bant colors with recruiter of the guard?

>tfw plan on using isochron scepter + silence + paradox engine

Would people hate me for doing shit like this?

they will

why do people buy zendikar fetch lands when khans fetch lands are a fraction ofthe price

but everything can be voltron if you try hard enough

no suggestions? it would be really appreciated. i did as best i could with what i had

They are different cards and fetch for different combinations of lands

>build deck
>feel like it could do better with some cards here and there
>end up with a 75%+ monster that's unfit for most tables

I can't help it. It's happening to my Kami of the Crescent Moon right now.

Not sure if secret, but can bring a lot of games to a crawl if you need to.

That's kinda what kami wants though. Either you build group hug (which is basically just card draw tribal in monoblue, so boring) or you build stasis, he doesn't really have other archetypes he's any good at.

Pick someone who's a hard voltron commander and don't try hard to make it voltron

Like play Mizzix or something

You guys are all so fucking bad, holy shit. If you have to tailor your deck to beat a single person, you're a bad player. Your deck should be built well enough to handle any threats, not built specifically to hose a single dude's commander.

That's like putting lifegain hate in your deck because one person in your group has an Oloro or Karlov deck that you hate. Sure, it's pretty fucking useless most of the time, but YOU'LL SURE AS FUCK BE READY IF YOU HAVE TO FACE THAT GUY!

Grow the fuck up.

To what end?

Win con?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/list-multiplayer-edh-generals-by-tier/

So it just me or does this list look like it full of shit and made by tryhard fat fucks like pic related

It started as grouphug, but my stax cards are itching to find a home in it. Or I might abandon it entirely and build another mono U such as Talrand or Azami.

What are your secret tech cards?

Breddy fuggin sweet desu

I'd say this tier list is fairly accurate given infinite budget and 100% optimization

Pic related + Archeomancer is fun as hell in Merieke.

Here's a (You) bitchboi.

One reason is they might already have the khans fetches, another is that certain decks "require" multiple fetches because of the deck thinning meme despite only 2 lands being worth grabbing with fetches, paying 1 life to grab a basic is something that can't be given a positive light

I'm looking to make a few budget entry level decks with my friends to get into EDH. What would a good quartet of commanders be for group of

force of will

they dont just grab basics though

krenko, literally takes like 70 becks to make if that

second this

you can build almost all mono colored decks for less than 100 buck, most you can even build for 50 and still do really well. in all honesty pretty much any commander deck can be built for less that 100

Sfm, she tutors my sword of the meek and nim deathmantle out so I can really pound the table with a double infinite combo.

dual lands are always good.

Re-read my post. I said only 2 lands are worth grabbing, dual and shocks. I get shit for not running all the fetchlands in gitrog but I don't see point in running them when I have no problems with deck as is

And here's one for (You), too, baddie.

You're embarrassing yourself

>i am the only one in my play group who plays board wipes
>they complain about it
>build and ashling the pilgrim deck with 99 mountains
>kek endlessly ass the only thing the deck does is board wipe
>group gets super butt hurt and bans the deck

totally worth it

>kalemne below tier 3
Its shit, i have gotten turn 2 wins with my kalemne because i had a bloodmoon out and was ready to cast kalemne next turn, that by definition should make it teir 3.

Don't forget if you stack your deck or get a christmas hand

Oh fuck, I am? Thanks for telling me, user, I had no idea.

and why wouldnt you want your duels, shocks, and pain lands?

Having seen and played decks that do similar things to what's on that list, that's not even remotely true.

The only thing thats accurate is the teir 1 decks and you know it, everything below teir 2.5 is a baseless opinion.

Use it with Ezuri's Predation.

>using fetchlands to grab pains

Fetches for duals, shocks, and maybe battlelands is completely fine since they are able to grab them, but running 6 fetches with only 2 nonbasics worth grabbing isn't a good thing imo

By that logic every esper colored commander should be tier 1 since they can do time seive combo turn 3

I'm with you there, I don't think the list is anywhere near perfect but it's decent enough.
no, the commanders in the tier 1 decks actually contribute to their strategy, oloro on the other hand does not

>the commanders in the tier 1 decks actually contribute to their strategy
General Tazri
>maze's end and hagra diabolist

Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge
>needs exact cards to be exiled

Leovold, Emissary of Trest
>dude wheels lmao

Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
>never played against it

Teferi, Temporal Archmage
>stax that isn't even hard to disable

Thrasios, Triton Hero
>insert UG goodstuff here

Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder
>double strike lmao

Zur the Enchanter
>doomsday lmao, loses to any response to labman

For my grouphug/durdle/tokens deck

the fact they couldnt do anything about it just says volumes on how bad your group is.

>Surrak Tier 3
>Hope Tier 4

Welp