Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Return of the better OP edition

Shittier OP >THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR, IF YOU ASK FOR IT, PLEASE FUCKING KILL YOURSELF
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=E_h6PLHig28

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (We've managed to lose the book on Ynnead)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GAMrMKo0riU
music.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGzY-ihqWc&feature=share
youtube.com/watch?v=BYwWKEc8c88
youtu.be/24howVwYgHY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for death worshipping eldar

First for Dark Kin master race Long may Vect Reign!

Close, but you gotta get fresh Duncan donuts e'ry day.
youtube.com/watch?v=GAMrMKo0riU

For those who actually care, last thread was actually I don't even know where I got that other link from

It's all good, ryo.

Farseers are cute! CUTE!

Fucking duncan just pulled a a pic related at 1:07

I mean, I guess if you really wanted to know how to fatten some straight lines...

What can I do to make this better?

1850 Splinters of Chaos: Luckless Host
The Purge Detachment (Vraks Renegades and Heretics) [Primary Detachment]
HQ
Renegade Command Squad: 1x Arch Demagogue (Ordnance Tyrant, Devotion of Nurgle), 2x Disciples (lasguns), 1x Disciple Autocannon Team

Elites
Renegade Strike Battery: 2x Renegade Wyverns, 2 heavy flamers
Renegade Strike Battery: 2x Renegade Wyverns, 2 heavy flamers

Troops
20x Plague Zombie Mob
21x Plague Zombie Mob

Heavy Support
Renegade Rapier Laser Destroyer Battery: 3x Rapiers, 6x crew, weapons training

Fortification
Aegis Defense Line, quad gun

Combined Arms Detachment (Chaos Daemons; Heralds of Anarchic)
HQ
Herald of Tzeentch, Paradox Psyker, ML3
Herald of Tzeentch, Endless Grimoire Psyker, ML1
7X Herald of Tzeentch, ML1

Allied Detachment (Chaos Space Marines; Word Bearers)
HQ
Sorcerer on palanquin, master level 3, spell familiar, bolt pistol, force sword

Troops
5x Chaos Space Marines
Rhino, death of kasyr lutein

Heavy Support
Fire Raptor, 2 reaper autocannon batteries, 4 balefire missiles

Thanks. I will actually save your post for time when I will be expanding list. Does anything prevent from joining Dominus with one of vanguards turn one and running them together? The big thought was that he will designate targets (18") and giving rerolls to the rangers sniping from the back or for Onager should I go Neutron Laser.

Those look great user. Hope they serve you well!

Thanks, but I really trapped myself with black cloaks. Somehow, I am not able to shade them...

Just bought some Mechanicus models and I'm playing my first game tomorrow. How does my list look? I'm either playing against space marines or orks my friends isnt sure yet.

Blue/grey works.

Does anyone actually use the Forgeworld Book Index,or was it's addition superfluous?

So my FLGS seems dead for 40K. This is my 3rd trip here and I'm sitting around on 40k night not playing 40k because I am the only one not here for magic, or some other card or board game.

It's so you know which books are current, since FW cannot into naming and put second edition on some new shit and some old out-of-date shit.

Are you at my game shop? Of course not, because if you were we could play.

I know, I added it, just wondering if it ever sees any use.

If it's Waukesha, WI then Yes

Third time's the charm.

Got one on of them bad boys on the way, and. I think the Melta chosen is the way to go.

Thoughts?

Your list is fucking amazing top-table competitive garbage. Stop posting.

...Well you have enough AT to kill every tank I own on turn one.
...And you have enough artillery to kill every infantryman I own.
...And you got enough Heralds to kill every mechanized unit I own on turn 1.

...Needs a lord of war.

Hey can anyone please post their contacts for their Chinese suppliers? I would like to contact them.

GW legal team please.

i'll never understand this hatred of "waac" that occurs even within the context of tournaments

I mean imagine if you queued for a game of starcraft and then gave your opponent shit for 6-gating or even some kind of safe opening because how dare they try to win.

you're both human, talk with your opponent before the game like a normal fucking human and ask in advance if you want a casual game or what kind of lists you're bringing. and then don't play waac lists if you're not in for a competitive game. ? it's reall yfucking simple

can I get the opposite perspective? I'm open to having my mind changed but right now I'm just really confused at what seems like a total lack of basic common sense

GO AWAY GW

I think it's the lack of talking beforehand, or what people mean by "casual." Or some people are just dicks.

In starcraft you don't have to buy all the units individually and build and paint them.

>i'll never understand this hatred of "waac" that occurs even within the context of tournaments

People bitching and moaning for no good reason as they don't understand you're supposed to go ass backward with tournament list building to win.

so then buy, build and paint good lists or buy, build and paint whatever you want and then only play casual matches

the buying, building and painting is the fun part of the game anyway, 40k is an ass competitive game

Because there's no guarantee you have a casual meta.

>LoW
Not even sure where I'd drop the points honestly, unless you were being facetious
Thanks I guess unless you were being facetious as well

The problem is a lot of the best lists tend to be spam lists of 20 bikes or whatever. Kind of a bore to paint and model just to have something that may not even stay viable if a new thing comes out.

I need 40k reaction images. Is there a repository or an archive?

No friends/10

Nice dark mech
>Not red

You misunderstand. I am merely looking to find the lowest price. Paying regular price is something that I cannot do. Please provide this information

Hello my fellow anonymous. I too am looking for said Chinese recasters. I too cannot pay regular price.

Please provide this information.

Reminder that the Night Lords theme song has been found at long last
music.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGzY-ihqWc&feature=share

FAQ:
>Dubstep is gay lol?
Dubstep suits many chaotic factions as it is fairly chaotic
Also this song is hardly Dubstep

>I listened to three seconds and I thought it was shit?
No, you are shit. Try lasting longer than you do in bed next time, before giving a review

>If this music isn't to my personal taste, does that mean it is the wrong song for the Night Lords?
No

>ITS NOT METAL I CAN SHAKE MY NECKBEARD TO????
Metal music is lame, this isn't the 80s. The Night Lords have evolved a lot in the last 8-10 years, so get on board or fuck off. Metal only really suits World Eaters, even then, probably Hardcore.

user, that's not Ride the Lightning or Bat Outta Hell

I would have even accepted Bat Country.

very bad post

catchy tune tho

Stop trying to start a shitstorm

FAQ point 4 answers your posts, even if it isn't metal.

Are the nightlords supposed to be a lot of really sad fucks?

Yeah CBF replying to the same 4 shit replies over and over. Needed to include "songs with the word bat" to point 4 obviously.

get out, faggot

>Thanks I guess unless you were being facetious as well

No, really. Its real good. You've got anti-horde, anti-tank, anti-flyer and summoning potential. All of your bases are pretty much covered. The only thing I could think of is maybe finding the 20 points to slap Perdus Rift Anomaly on your raptor. Re-rolling to seize, and forcing your opponent's successful seize rolls is really good.

>optimized list asking for further optimization
anyone got the bingo card?

Yes. They are shit at one on one combat.

They have no purpose

Their Primarch hated them

They hate chaos, yet work with chaos.

Its all about breaking the scheme. Also, I think that black basecoat hide my poor painting skills.

Confirmed NECKBEARD waving metal fan
my phone auto capitalises the word NECKBEARD now

the edge lords don't deserve anyones sympathy

Oh, carry on, then.
youtube.com/watch?v=BYwWKEc8c88

They know that... No one gives them sympathy.
You shit comment isn't going to trigger anyone, they aren't Tau.

Thanks alot! I'll try to shift around some points, I appreciate your input
A list is never fully optimized it seems. When I post it I get more suggestions
I wouldn't play this against friends who weren't anticipating it. I do play this against my friend's tourney lists and it stomps but I feel like there's something missing. It's purely a tourney list.

Do you guys come up with fluff for your warlords? Beyond just "this is Timothy, Captain of the Third Company"

If I wanted to build a chaos daemon army for one god which would be more fun to play Slaanesh or Tzeentch

With Tzeentch you could use Pink Horrors and just laugh as your opponent tries to kill all of them.
It's cheesy as fuck but actually using those must be fucking hilarious

unlike vidya gaems, 99% of warhammer 40k is actually painting and collecting models

the game only exists to socialize and show your models to other people

still there are some people who insist that everything is a competition.

Play whichever you think would be more fun. Though Tzeench did get some new stuff (I'm unsure if it's AoS only), but due to the nature of what's happening in the fluff slaanesh is due sooner or later

What are some good proxies for Servitors?

I hate the terrible models that GW sells.

Entry-level "dubstep"

5/10, you got me to reply.
Zed's Dead were pretty dope when I saw themin Texas

kitbash some out of flagellants, skitarii, and some heavy weapons wherever you can get them (ebay)

>incautious ork player play our tau player
>get wrecked bad
>then get the tau player even more reked by the waac eldar player
>kick eldar player balls because he uses MSU and a few drop pods with grey hunters ruin his day and the rest of his army have to foot slog because long fangs dealt with his vehicles
It's the life circle I guess

Tzeentch will actually win games. Slaanesh can be really fun with "gotta go fast" Seekers, but prepare to suffer if you go 2nd and lose half of your army because lol t3 and 5++ saves.

Make your own, you'll have more fun doing it

I've come to the realization that everything balances itself out in the end with 40k. even the most WAAC players get their share of stompings from other WAAC players that had better rolls. Truly the circle of life.

Got a tutorial for that?

On a side note the Flagellants look like they could make some awesome cultists.

Oh fucking hell, that's right! I forgot a out A7x. For fuck's sake, pic related is their symbol!

Bat Country is officially the NL theme song.

youtu.be/24howVwYgHY

If a model receives FNP from two different sources, does it stack?

I came up with general fluff for my army and briefly mention some of the warlords or sergeants in it, but not a detailed backstory of individual characters.

no, use the best roll, unless you have a rule that specifies that it stacks, like Iron Hands do.

So you can roll two dice for FNP +6, for example? Sweet.

this is fucking gay dude, just like night lords. It's perfect.

No, if Iron Hands have another source of FNP they add 1 to their dice. In all other case I can think of you just roll once for the easiest result

I have a few named characters, models who have pulled off miraculous stunts. My captain has a name as well, and a very brief idea of where he and he band are from.

Beyond that, I don't have a detailed story for any particular character.

yup. I have stories for all my HQ and how they came to be in my army, I also have stories for units in my army that I love fielding frequently. It's one of those things that you do for you, so only people who are into that will think its cool or not just a waste of time.

They will tell you if they stack, however by default, they do not. Use which ever is better. No, that doesn't mean roll two and pick the highest. That means if you have a 5+ FnP and a 4+ FnP, you ignore the 5+.

I don't personally, but you might check out some INQ28 stuff for inspiration

No it does not stack in any way unless the rule specifically says it does. And if that's the case the rule itself will specify how it does. If you somehow get access to FNP from two sources you get a single FNP roll at the best value available to you.

>you're both human, talk with your opponent before the game like a normal fucking human and ask in advance if you want a casual game or what kind of lists you're bringing. and then don't play waac lists if you're not in for a competitive game. ? it's reall yfucking simple
That's pretty much it. Most of the whining about WAAC comes from people too spineless to talk with their opponent and inform that getting stomped into the ground by their Taudar list isn't what they're looking for.

The immense popularity of tournament play and frequency of unpainted models and armies seems to imply that you're a lying sack of shit.

>the game only exists to socialize and show your models to other people
That would explain why the rules are free...oh wait.

I did in Necromunda. Actually modeling injuries and events that happened in the campaign. Not so much for 40k.

It should. It's utterly retarded that we now have armies with fully stacking Feel no Pain (Iron Hands), armies with partially stacking Feel no Pain (Emperor's Children), and armies with fully non-stacking Feel no Pain (lol fuck you Orks).

I've only played a couple games with the splitting horrors, but it's absolute nightmare to handle. Generating new units, new spells, tracking wounds, etc. Split is exactly the kind of retarded shit that GW would catch if they actually play-tested. It sounds neat on paper, but it's awful to actually play with. A lot like all these giant, spindly new models GW keeps shitting out.

FnP shouldn't stack at all.

no, it works the same way that having two of any other save would work (even though FNP isn't a save). for example, if you have an iron halo on a captain who also has terminator armor you're not rolling a 4++ and a 5++ (or an storm shield and terminator for a more common example).

the only exceptions are rules that say their either give you a specific FNP value OR add +1 to the FNP if they already have one, like Iron Hands and their various detachment and warlord trait bonuses.

RAW it's actually possible to get a 1+ FNP on an IH character that can't fail because while saves always fail FNP isn't a save... but literally no one will play it that way and every tournament FAQ mandates that FNP fails on a 1, so don't even think about it

FnP shouldnt exist and shooting should be balanced.

Are Ork warmachines also made for industrial purposes?

I keep reading about Killa Kans being used for carrying scrap (how do they even do this, they don't have actual hands), Deff Dreads being used in surgeries and things of that nature.

>(how do they even do this, they don't have actual hands)
because Gork wills it.

or Mork
im not even joking thats literally how orks do everything

Why not? If a unit can get it through multiple means, why shouldn't they get some benefit for doing so?

Unfortunately, the proliferation of FNP, regenerating wounds, etc is a natural consequence of the power creep of shooting attacks.

Let's get the thread moving a bit...

>The 40k setting has been picked up by your favorite studio to become a television series, be it live action or animated. What medium do you choose and what is the main focus of the series?

To be fair it makes sense for Necromunda, where things happen to the characters. 40K everyone is so expendable that there really isn't a point to it. Half the time they just outright die.

HBO Eisenhorn

/thread.

Because then you have to carefully track every interaction of FnP. It's already been a problem with the potential for 2+ FnP saves.

Just find a mek to swap the arms out for Kan Karriers and Big Scalpels.

My favorite studio? Do people have these?

BUSY ROUGH RIDERS WHEN