>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/X1TFNxck
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What about Lance and board valor bard?

No thread prompt, pastebin still cut off. 0/10, try again.

>the Pastebin link has been fucked up for three threads because someone salty over the Discord fucked up removing it
Good lord.

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

Yeah why not.
You can eventually use your secrets to find a steed.
Booming blade as a bonus action eventually? Does that work?

Has there been conversion work of PF APs into 5e?

If there has, it's never been posted to /5eg/.

How OP is the Tunnel Fighter + Sentinel + Polearm Master combo? It seems very powerful.

Booming blade has the range of 5 feet. You need spell sniper if you want to use it with reach weapon.

How should I go about making an Eldritch Knight.

Then make it happen senpai.

It's a fighter that uses his reactions defensively via spells. Go in knowing that, and you'll be fine.

Make a fighter. Pick up a melee cantrip and Shield and then fill up the rest with whatever you want. And you're done.

You can invest in high int if you want, but it's kind of a waste of resources since you basically never want to actually cast offensive spells anyway.

Absorb elements is a decent idea to pick up as well.

Any of you guys try Rune Scribe? How is it?

Should my Gunsmith Artificer be a Lizardman or a High Elf?

Lizardman for sure.

Gunsmith I'd definitely go Helf.

just how bullshit can you make a caster in 5e?

Pretty bullshit if your game gets past level 11.
Most games don't.

But at least they're pretty squishy. So if you DM your enemies to be intelligent you can still bring them down in a combat.

That'd be a pretty huge undertaking... Or would it be?

What exactly would you need to do? You could straight-up rip the plot, but you'd have to find proper replacements for the enemies and the likes. And, I guess, subsystems if you converted something like Kingmaker.

>most games don't

maybe because u have shit friends lm@o

Very, but far less so than in previous editions due to the concentration mechanic and lack of "save or die" effects.

Why do people claim bard is the best caster? Tomelock has the option for more spellsper day and arguably more spell versitility by a mile

because not only you're a spellcaster, you can fuck everything in your path.

Bards aren't limited by the number of short rests and ritual scrolls their DM hands out.

>versatility
>exactly 2 slots after any given rest

Any CHA-based class can fuuuuuuck

They are limited to long rests and every class is limited by a shitty DM

While Casters are still better at high levels, martials ARE a needed part of a good party, unlike 3.pf where they are obsoleted entirely.

A pure caster party will simply not have enough DPR on a consistent basis to function when combat does happen.

>shitty DM
>supposed to have 1-2 short rests for a 6-8 encounter day

You can, on average, cast less than one spell per encounter. Its your trump card, or out of combat versatility, while bards are full casters AND have other cool options.

They are also the games best healers, picking up an early Aura of Vitality, and the most versatile class in the game.

The only classes they don't really compete with are straight damage monsters like BM fighter or rogue.

>2 slots
>most of which last extended durations providing concentration holds up
>hour long rests are much more common in an adventuring day than an eight hour long rests
>not to mention all the ritual spells that you can pick up along the way and from fellow PCs
>versatility

>not including rod of the pact keeper's free spell
>not including all the at-will invocations
>versa-fucking-tility

You're overvaluing the maximum potential of the Warlock and comparing that to the bare minimum potential of a Bard.

My games go to 20, friendo.
But wizards have said most games don't see high level play.

>magical christmasland

>A pure caster party will simply not have enough DPR on a consistent basis to function when combat does happen.
THIS, for sure. Once the bard, wizard and cleric had to fight a bunch of giant spiders and ettercaps, without the rest of the party (fighter and rogue). Long story short, they took too long to kill anything and got their asses handed to them. The cleric DIED.

>because every bard is going to take aura of vitality to optimize their healing
suuuuuure

>a reasonable DM giving a class an item specifically made for them
>unrealistic
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure

>cast less than one spell per encounter
Have you even read the warlock class? They get two by at latest fifth level and I don't know where this no short rest meme comes from. Every party that I'm with is out of combat for at least half of their adventuring day and half of that time is spent resting... shortly.

Congratulations, your DM gives you items tailored for you, AND ignores the standard encounter to rest ratio. You aren't playing the game under the normal circumstances, and thus your short rest combatants are going to be stronger than usual.

Sure, but then you can no longer pretend to be having a balance discussion

Or more accurately,

No man, just look. You're working on the assumption that you're getting at least 3 short rests a day, and that your DM is being exceptionally generous in giving you access to a large selection of rituals.

The Bard class doesn't require any assumptions other than a single 8hour long rest every day, otherwise known as "a good night's sleep." The Bard will know more spells than you, has better skill selection than you, has innate access to decent rituals just from their own class spell list, have more slots available to them in any given situation until the end of the day.

They can break the game with summon spells, but honestly I've never played in a game with someone who will really summon 8 wolves and shit out DPR like no tomorrow.
Except myself, and the campaign died a few sessions after the first and only time I cast it.

If megaanon sees this, i noticed that 5etools lists multiple domains as doing
>radiant
damage for the Divine Strike feature that shouldn't. War, Tempest, Trickery all do different damage types.

Yep the wizard might be able to lay down some sick burst a few times a day and control the field.

But you need your martials to really lay down the solid dps.

A group with a few martials backed by their casters are a nightmare for large creatures

>congratulations
thanks, but my party decides when they rest and our watch is set up well enough (thanks to the warlock's alarm ritual) that we rarely ever get surprised. I thought that DMs making sure every player has a chance to shine now and again was how the game was supposed to go.

If your party has a warlock and even more so if you have a monk or even a fighter you want those short rests.

And if your party does not support that they are hamstringing you.

It isn't a party thing, its a DM ALLOWING you to short rest all the damned time thing.

The reason the alternate rest timing rules exist is specifically for campaigns where you aren't expecting to fight 6-8 times a day, but rather a week. The math is always supposed to tend towards a
>encounter - encounter - short, encounter - encounter - short, encounter - encounter - long
scenario.

If it isn't your personal experience WILL demonstrate a short rest based character being stronger in comparison than it normally is. Even more so if your items line up perfectly, which isn't expected in 5e.

>Not being at maximum potential in every encounter is being hamstrung

Precisely, and it's a large part of how you manage fighting a handful of strong enemies.

>upcast Hold Monster
>if even one fails, martials pile on
It's my favorite thing about playing my War Cleric, especially since i can get a free crit off of Spiritual Weapon for that added oomph.

>the normal encouner to short rest ratio
>warlock getting six spells per long rest by level two
>WARLOCKS ARE BAD CUZ THEY GET TWO SPELLS PER DAY
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure

You DO realize that at level 3 a full caster accomplishes the same, right?

>Six spells per long rest
And actual caster classes will outstrip that in sheer number of slots available very early on.

> caster
> squishy
depend user. Moon Druid and Forge Cleric aren't squishy at all.

Allow me to clarify
>Six level 2 spells by second level
>As many first level rituals as you can snag by level 3
What was your argument again?

Bard counterspell Warlock twice.
The bard still have like 10 slot left, warlock has 0.

Working on an Underdark game, and I'm wondering.

How many slaves would a Noble house of Menzoberranzan have?

And let's just ignore the warlock eldritch blasting the bard to hell and back

Warlock can't summon a horse that shoot meteor.
Warlock can't animate deads and heal them.
Warlock can't counterspell with + half proficiency
Warlock can't banishing smite and swift quiver
Warlock can't ......

Ignoring that the wizard has arcane recovery.
Ignoring that this ratio gets worse as the long rest caster gets levels.

True the warlock might get more higher level slots but they lack variety.

Great you used 2 3rd level spells...the wizard has still got options for lower slots and the warlock is now a EB machine (nothing wrong with that tho)

I mean, you aren't even being correct right now.
You don't get level 2 slots until level 3, no matter what class.

So at level 2, you have 6 spells per long rest.
At level 2 you know 3 spells.

At level 2 as a wizard you have 3 spells per long rest.
At level 2 you know a minimum of 8 spells, and, assuming you are actually tying to be a wizard, likely can memorize 4-5 spells.

So even at level 2, you lose in versatility, and this is the highest number of casts you get in comparison to a full caster.
At level 3 your versatility is even lower in comparison, although your mechanic spell power is slightly higher.
At level 4, you now lose out in sheer volume.

> Warlock
> ever winning at initiative
> against Bard who get Jack of all trade on initiative
Also counterspell work on Eldritch blast too.

Honestly, that line isn't worth bringing up.

It's never been said that Warlocks aren't adequate psuedo-martials, just that they aren't good casters.

Can we just agree that.... Warlock 2 / Lore Bard X is the best

>In 1370 DR, there were approximately 20,000 drow in the city, with 1,000 of them considered nobles of the 60-70 noble houses
Assuming random google searches saying Rome had 30-40% slave population, and that 5% of the populace was patrician, just like this example above you can say there are about 3,500 slaves for 65 houses, which equates to about 54 slaves for a house of about 15 noble Drow.

What, for agonizing/repelling blast? I guess it would be better on demand damage, but not worth at all delaying progression.

If you want to nuke, sorclock is better anyway thanks to quickened spell.

Thank you.

Warlocks are usually built for EB damage with casting that they can use to adapt to situations outside that scope with the option for tome pact or a familiar.

And they should within reason get a few short rests (Situations permitting) to have the chance to cast some spells per day.

Its not about being equal its about having fun right?

>forge cleric
UA ain't official yet
>moon druid
I'll give you that one.
Onion druids are powerful.

Agonizing blast is nice. But other invocation like Beguiling Influence (Bard can't have enough proficiency in skill) or Misty's Vision is good too.

I messed up my math a little on two parts. Long story short it should be 10770 slaves to be 35% of the grand total population, which is 166~ per house.

They aren't terrible or anything, but nothing I'd delay spell progression for.
Specifically for the skills you have Jack of All Trades anyway.

Yep: the average game stops somewhere between level 8 thru 10, which is generally my experience as well.

I am going to play Varaint Human Divination Wizard and you can't stop me.

>Variant Human
Up all Night?

A question for all the Grognards and old fags here:

What was playing with "Alignment languages" like? Was it as retarded as it sounds when in use? Did you ever use it in game? Did your GM (or you) ban it from play?

Main point of asking this, is because I thought it sounds neat, and that maybe WoTC should incorporate it again.

Been playing since '92, glad as shit that the vast majority of mechanical significance for Alignment is gone. WotC should leave it dead and buried.

Tell me more Mr. user.

What was that era of table top like? I'm obviously only familiar with 5th

Warlock can be better that Bard if your DM is generous wrt to what Silent Image can accomplish. Some of the other spells can wreak havoc if always available (Speak with Animals, Speak with Dead, Disguise Self), but require a degree of DM generosity.

Alignment languages were a stupid idea, but it was to promote party cohesion more than anything.

Noble goal, fucktarded way of going about it.

Man, I don't know shit about "that era of tabletop gaming." I was in highschool back then, it was just my friends and I playing for fun. We'd change stuff when it wasn't fun, except when Dave was DMing, because Dave was a rulefag.

I just purchased the AIME Loremasters guide PDF and would like to have it added to the mega trove. Anyone know how I can share this?

Try using MEGA.

I mean how do I add it to the main mega trove

Email it to [email protected] (either as an attachment or as a link to a Mega upload). I can handle the cleaning and such, if necessary.

done. enjoy

That's an awful lot of feats.

The enemies themselves probably wouldn't require too many changes, maybe different weapons given for them to use. Some of the classes or races stapled to the NPCs might need to be reworked or re-balanced, especially for the Pathfinder-specific ones.

Other than that it'd probably be changes to the DC numbers and what skills they are tied to.

I know someone months ago (at least 6 or 7 now) was talking about porting one of the starting (ie., low-level) 1st or 2nd AD&D edition module to 5th edition.

I had a player that thought silent image was a get out of jail free card and would try to use it for every single situation. Literally retarded uses of it.
He threw a hissy fit when his casting of it to "create foliage" didn't grant him complete cover (one way of course, why not) when creatures 10 feet away with blindsight weren't fooled.

I'm sorry you have retarded players, user.

Stupid question, but did it work as an intended?

When people say Bard is best caster, they usually mean a Lore Bard specifically. But even then, a Valor Bard gets 28 spells known along with 4 cantrips by level 18 versus the 15 spells known plus 4 cantrips by a level 19 Warlock.

Now, Warlocks can fire off up to four 5th level spells by level 19, along with one spell of 6th through 9th level thanks to Mystic Arcanum, for a total of 8 spells of 5th through 9th level cast in the first fight of the day. And sure, the Bard only can cast up to 7 spells of 5th through 9th level at level 18. But you have to look at the spells both classes learn.

Warlock - by in large - has mostly blaster spells, maybe one or two debuff spells. After that, they are relying on Eldritch Blast + Warlock Invocations to deal damage and be useful in a fight. Meanwhile, the Bard still has 1st through 4th level spells to deal damage, buff, debuff, or even straight up Counterspell if they stole it from Wizard spell list (and let's be honest, almost every Bard steals that spell as soon as they can). And the breadth of spells a Bard can learn are literally ANY of them with Magical Secrets.

A high level Bard can buff a party member with Bardic Inspiration and then fire off something like Prismatic Spray or Disintegrate. And then the very next turn hurry over to an injured ally and cast Heal on them. And if a spellcaster tries to fire off a huge debuff spell they can Counterspell it.

Meanwhile, Warlock's sitting in back flinging Eldritch Blasts to deal damage, maybe firing off a Finger of Death. But even if they later get a short rest (which for many high end fights in D&D you simply won't see) there's not many spells that a Warlock wants. Sure, they get Counterspell, but most other spells at that tier are mediocre. And then they get into the next fight with 4 spells, while the Bard still has up to 15 spell slots left of 1st through 4th level left to them, if they blew all their 5th through 9th level spell in the first fight.

I literally never played with them, we always just let everyone communicate unless their was a valid RP reason we couldn't. Less crunch, more just playing.

The following have been added to the Mega:

DDAL05-8 through -11
ELM1-1 (third party AL)
Mines of Madness (D&D Next adventure)
Adventures in Middle Earth Loremaster's Guide (and maps)

The PHB in the Mega has also been replaced with one that has much more accurate OCR.

A big thanks to all the anons who contributed these.

It's 2 feats and a fighting style. Paladin/fighter/ranger can do it by 4th level with variant human.

Anyone have any experience using Sanity as per the DMG? Another layer of fun or no?

>As many first level rituals as you can snag by level 3
>assuming that the GM will give you any rituals
What is it with people who argue in favor of the warlock always acting like the GM is obligated to give them scrolls or even gold? My 8th level fighter has like 50 gold coins to his name after having made 200 over the course of the campaign, and his only magic weapon is a dagger that counts as magical but has no bonuses.
Even wizards only ever see maybe two scrolls if they see any at all.

A little correction: the only Magical Secrets that don't count against the number of spells know is the Lore one, so a Lore Bard has 24 spells and a Valor Bard has 22.

I'm slowly amassing an army in my downtime in my game, unbeknownst to the rest of my party.

My DM is having trouble tracking it though. Does anyone have any advice for him?
Also, how would you handle arming, feeding, clothing, etc. an army as a DM?

As a player what are some uses for a large group (around 200) followers. I'm currently working about 80 of them in some mines that I bought. The other 120 are being relocated to a different continent and I don't know what subtle shit I could do to make them useful while I amass an actual sizeable force.

Anyone ever play with Rune Seeker prestige class? How was it?

Running a court intrigue, asian flavour, looking for interesting ressources, any favorites out there worth taking a look at?