What are games that have classes, level up system...

What are games that have classes, level up system, and all that fantasy things but that don't have any of the dnd mechanics or are at least different in a good way?

Dungeons the Dragoning 40,000

GURPS.

Gurps have classes?

FATAL

Dragon Age, 13th Age, Fantasy Age

Earthdawn, Double Cross and other FEAR System games.

It doesn't.

>13th Age
That's not really different enough to count.

>Double Cross
No level system.

Ryuutama, Sword World, Make You Kingdom, Legend by Rule of Cool, Anima, Shinobigami,

>That's not really different enough to count.

>but that don't have any of the dnd mechanics or are at least different in a good way
>or are at least different in a good way

13th Age meets the second criteria.

I don't see how.
At least, not in any meaningful way.

Presentation was taken from 4e, class balance is still kinda fucked, the Icons are rather pointless, dual classing is adapted from... one of the older editions, I forget which, and the escalation die is overalll insignificant.

Strike! began its life as "the sacred cow BBQ".

It's still got some D&D-isms in its genes, but it basically boils down to having classes and a wargame-like combat system.

>classes, level up system
These are D&D mechanics retard

>all that fantasy things
These too probably.

It's got hit points, you lose

Gurps has classes?
FTFY

>It's got hit points, you lose

What's next? "It's got stats", "It's got skills" and "it's got attack rolls"?

Dungeon Fantasy restricts players to skills and advantages from their job, which is basically the same thing.

Gurps is plural, gurp is singular.

Attack rolls are from wargames, and skills is not native to D&D, it was invented by Runequest IIRC, only introduced in later editions in the theif class, and only in 3e to the point where it's a mainstay. But yes, abilities are D&D. They're a very distinctly Gygaxian abstraction.

What exactly are "D&D mechanics" if not levels, classes, HP and stats?
Alignment, encumbrance, wandering monsters and vancian magic? Or is alignment also influential enough to be fair game?

HP is also from wargames, no? At least it feels like a wargame mechanic.

I've been enjoying the FFd6 game I'm in so far. Ruleset isn't hard to find either/is actually free.

Plural of what?
It's the name of the system isn't it?

>What exactly are "D&D mechanics" if not levels, classes, HP and stats?

Sure, but you'll be hard pressed to find a game that has absolutely none of those, so saying a game fails a criteria cause it has 1-2 is kinda silly.

>HP is also from wargames, no? At least it feels like a wargame mechanic.
No it's from D&D. As far as I understand, wargames were most always played with units of men, not single individuals, and they were measured dead/not dead. While hit points seems obvious today, they were an innovative abstraction for a unique problem (players manning individual characters) then, especially when you consider it was representative of overall ability to fight (fatigue, stress, etc as much as bodily health) - importantly, it doesn't necessarily mean you were struck when you lose HP - though it tends to be misinterpreted as literally how much damage you can sustain today.

Yeah fine, I'm just nitpicking OP's shit question. My recs are Ryuutama for something soft and Burning Wheel for something hard (and crunchy). Mouse Guard for Burning Wheel but soft.

>though it tends to be misinterpreted as literally how much damage you can sustain today.

To be fair, that's easy to do, with on-hit effects being a thing. "If I wasn't hit, why do I need to roll for save vs. poison?"

Because you were scratched enough for it to enter your system. Now stop being an autistic bitch and roll that fucking save.

Dungeon World or Torchbearer

Through the Breach has stations, with an emphasis on earning them throughout the game via roleplaying.