Aliens in fantasy science/fiction

realistically, how would technology advanced aliens react to humans or people?

How do you react to critters you come across while strolling in the countryside?

Unless your aliens are one-personality strawman species, very differently. You would have people wishing for peaceful contact, /ayypol/, bizarre fetishists, etc. etc.

The same way people react to simians.

>Haha, look! It does something that kinda resembles civilized behavior!
>Let's get a bunch and put them in a zoo

Jane Goodall-esque scientific observation, including exposure to unusual stimuli and documenting the results.

Acknowledgement that humanity can produce resources and use tools - induced to unfavorable economic policies - or slavery

do you think some humans would be taken as pets? how would they react to that? I would think they would try to fight it off fantastic planet style.

Well, depends what kind we find. Any interstellar civilization will be stateless, trans[human], and post-scarcity, but we are no more likely to run into the demi-queer cuckship than we are to run into a ship full of edgy channers.

Man i don't know bout y'all but being a pet sounds like a mixed bag. If you get the right owner I could hardly think of an easier life. If not then you'd be bored/miserable.

Depends on who to first human they meet is. If it's Cletus the farmer then they're obviously going to think of outer species as primitive. If it's anyone who knows how to establish first contact then they're going to think of us as another advanced species.

Aliens with practical FTL travel and ways to escape orbit will no longer have scarcity of raw resources, as all the iron, carbon, water, helium, and other stuff you coild want is in asteroids and planets no one is using.

Aliens will probably abduct humans and other species for ecological study, while listening to our radio broadcasts.

If Humans are only a few inches tall compared to other Ayliumz, I'll have to be honest and believe you'd wind up with domesticated humans pretty easily. Add in genetic engineering plus upbringing and it isn't too hard to imagine.

Steven Universe has a new episode where they deal with something similar, finding the equivalent of petting zoo people.

>The alien shows affection by vomiting food down your throat.

With arrogance and distain, yet compromises need to be made.

It's how I handle elves.

what about if it was like 6 feet to 9 feet or so?

Fear and curiosity?

At that point, relations would be far more 'normal'. You'd probably just interact with the ones that want to meet aliens, since Light Years is a long distance to traverse, regardless of how fast you can go, so size wouldn't matter too much.

The real difference is probably if you can fit in their equivalent of a handbag that will affect how they treat you.

>ywn be introduced into a group of young females as part of the first ever captive breeding program for humans
>ywn live in a habitat catered to your needs with no responsibility
>little ayys will never feed you ayynuts, even though the sign says not to

fuck off frogposter

It depends a lot on their psychology. Our set of mental processes are not universal. While we may share a few similar ones (fight or flight mechanisms), they will undoubtely have a couple of their own result of evolving in diferent biosphere.

no, were not cute or cuddly

if we are taken and kept, itd be in glass tanks or cages

you dont let your pet snake roam around your house do you?

Any advanced technological species is likely to be extremely similar to us in the psychological sense.

In terms of forming social structures and capability for math, yes. How it is achieved it is another matter. You also dismiss the not all planets nor ecosystems will be the same. Gravity is a big one.

Gravity is locked to a small window where spaceflight is capable without nuclear thrust.

well, how tall are you implying? what if it was like a 6 foot 15 foot difference and these bee aliens could hold humans like teddybears?

On the intellectual fringes of humanity there's stirrings of making that kind of thing taboo; as in, thinking it cruel to keep intelligent sub-human apes in zoos.

I'd actually imagine that interstellar aliens would very likely have gotten that far and much farther on their moral progress, so I actually think there's a really good chance they wouldn't put us in space zoos.

I dont think morality advances towards any goal.

I find the whole they have advance tech so they must be super moral and have the same morals as us to be dubious. People here have different thoughts on what is moral let along some alien.

I think what would make more sense is if they have a moral system they are in more of a position to act on them. For example many people on earth think that starving children is bad.

Yeah they might start neutering humans for their own good.

So far every human to land on the moon did it in a spaceship built by Nazis.

They might, they might do many things we find objectionable. a more advanced species might consider us more like ants except without the ability to crawl on people and living in another country rather than backyard.

>all these they'll think of us like ants bullshit
no, they'll think of us as bumfuckistan third world idiots.

Relativistic mass drivers.

Hide well, cleanse well.

this is reminding me of the Legacyverse in a way. In that setting, some ancient Ayliumz did abduct humans and start genetically engineering them to be something like 6 inch tall pets.

Another setting that sort of does what you are looking for is Macross Frontier. There, the giant insect people aren't averse to just picking up people and enjoy human made pop music.

Once you've won science by hitting FTL, or even just higher speed STL, you can basically do what you want.

You mean there were some german guys that didn't manage to escape from the grips of Hitler at the project? Nazi Germany overall managed to achieve no interesting scientific progress bare some retarded prototypes everyone said wouldn't work and wouldn't be viable that every other reasonable nation didn't want to produce.

Looking at the state of academia and the civilizational progress those aliens would be bleeding heart type.

And looking at the state of space exploration those aliens will not leave their home planet.

>million year old post singularity entities
>thinking of us as a civilization

depends on whether it's their first times encountering other intelligent species, on the number of other earth-like planets they have easily accessible with their ways of travel and whether there're other advanced aliens having their eyes on humans.

if they are looking for more planets and the earth is one of the few they can reach with ease, an invasion may be one of their options; if they don't need the planet they may be curious for scientific purposes, as the bio variety on it will end up as the only important thing left to them.

if there're other alien cultures they will probably have a non interaction law as any study or advance on it nay be seen as a challenge to each other's right.

Fuck

While I'm sure there would be a good number of volunteers for that on Veeky Forums, I'm sure that being a pet would eventually get old.

Even if you get to live in a pocket version of Rome or Byzantine.

Fuck off Hillary

>Zolinaj, this is another SL body plan sophont, O/H Bio-mindset.
>Phlis-phlis-phlis.
>I know that.

>alien rape monsters learn that going after armed soldiers is a bad strategy
>much safer to just find some nerd and break into his house
>often he won't even try to fight it