Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Vect is going to die Edition

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR, IF YOU ASK FOR IT, PLEASE FUCKING KILL YOURSELF
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=E_h6PLHig28

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (We've managed to lose the book on Ynnead)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

music.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGzY-ihqWc&feature=share
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

are gretchin worth it?

the models are so cute.

You'll need at least 4 squads to fulfill troop choices in a double CAD so you can load up on bikers/tankbustas/mek gunz

>neophyte hybrid - 5ppm
>veterans - 6 ppm
>space marine scout - 11 ppm
>deathwatch veteran - 18 ppm

scouts and hybrids should be 1 ppm more expensive

similarly if that trend was followed, rubric marines should have access to some amazing shotguns, but they don't

are GK halberds worth the two points per dude?

>Base Exalted sorc is 160pts
>ML3, Disk and Seer's Bane cost 95 additional points

This is some bullshit.

Do you roll powers or warlord traits first?

Dafuq is going on in that picture?

Also, how to use scions?

SM got attacked by tyranids

Reminder that the Night Lords theme song has been found at long last
music.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGzY-ihqWc&feature=share [Open]

FAQ:
>Dubstep is gay lol?
Dubstep suits many chaotic factions as it is fairly chaotic
Also this song is hardly Dubstep

>I listened to three seconds and I thought it was shit?
No, you are shit. Try lasting longer than you do in bed next time, before giving a review

>If this music isn't to my personal taste, does that mean it is the wrong song for the Night Lords?
No

>ITS NOT METAL I CAN SHAKE MY NECKBEARD TO????
Metal music is lame, this isn't the 80s. The Night Lords have evolved a lot in the last 8-10 years, so get on board or fuck off. Metal only really suits World Eaters, even then, probably Hardcore.

>My Emps Children love the shit metal though!!!
No, your structured music would hire them to death. Please read current fluff, not your 80s shit

>LOL LOOK MY SHIT SONG ABOUT BATS OR LIGHTNING IS FUNNY
*Pat pat* nice original joke, friend

What is it about the swarmlord that rustles so many jimmies? People go into full autistic sperg rages about it

It auto corrected "bore" to "hire". Will be errated in next post.

If you have extra points,go for it. I tend to not have the extra pts and running something like 15 to 20 terminators, the pts really do add up.

What are you trying to say?

>Metal music is lame, this isn't the 80s. The Night Lords have evolved a lot in the last 8-10 years, so get on board or fuck off. Metal only really suits World Eaters, even then, probably Hardcore.
You need to hang yourself.

Traits then powers.

there is this weird pattern with shotguns in 40k that was pointed out last thread

there should be a unit around 23 or 24 ppm that uses shotguns, but there isn't

Are you flopping that neckbeard to metal music in anger at what my truth delivered?

>dissing metal on Veeky Forums
>where do you think you are

I mean, I agree with you. But the majority of Veeky Forums seems to like metal. At least the 40k fan base. Seems to attract the same sort of people

Fuck off, you millennial shitstain.

Stop responding to forced pasta.

Oh, okay.
Should I buy 1 or 2 sentinels?

I am just sick of saying "Hey, I found this cool song that suits chaos", and all the replies on are "LOL CHAOS SUIT METAL ONLY" when that is so, so wrong.
Putting one dimensional music to a faction that is more than one dimension.

r8 n h8

Just ordered both Horus Heresy Box sets. Is using mk3 armour in 40k complete fluff rape or can I get away with it?

He pulled his dick out in front of angry feminists.

Nice come back, friend.

It doesn't look too shabby. You've got a good amount of meat in there and mek gunz to provide long range support. About the only thing I'd change is swap mega nobz for nobz and take the mega armor from the boss. They can't run and charge when he calls the waagh in mega armor and anything worth their weight in cc will cut through the 2+ armor anyways. You also get more nobz and more nobz equals more attacks.

My two cents. Hope this helps

Posting shitty music is an ok bait. Not very original, but not worst kind of bait either.

Buy whatever ammount you want. They are cool models. Powerplay wise you shouldn't really take them unless you need them on formations you gonna take.

Nobz with klaws cost more than meganobz.

I don't see what's wrong. Some chapters field entire companies of terminator armor, why not entire companies of mk3 armor? Aside from mk3 probably being obsolete by the time of the 41st Millennium that is

Then don't give em klaws. Personally, I prefer to give em big choppas. Also get that banner that gives delicious +1 ws to hit on 3s on everything and 4s on bigger things.

>I don't like this music
I answered your post in point 3.

>Necrontyr
>Tyranids /

Nobz probably won't soak enough firepower to be worth it.

How do Big Choppas do for you? I still need a couple of Klaws to make sure I'm not bogged down or outkilled by anything with a decent armour save. By that point after buying Eavy armour I might as well have paid for MANZ to soak up all the small arm fire better.

>Each level of ML adds +2 spell rolls and WC generated instead of current +1

Y/N?

culexus assassin fun to take? Thinking about adding one to my Minotaurs list.

He has a trukk. He can call a waaagh every turn (After the first though, I believe). He can reroll a dice when charging. And he has 120 boyz stomping up with the nobz with mek gunz and buggies for support. I dunno what kind of meta he is fighting, but unless he's local is filled with all sorts of power lists, the odds of the nobs making it into combat are not bad at all. Also with the abundance of ap2 guns all over the place, the meganobz 2+ has less value. Figured he'd get more mileage out of more bodies and attacks than just 3 meganobz.

I include at least a few units in every Ork list I have. They're cheap for a troop tax, and they're good objective holders. If the other player wants to remove them they have to waste time killing a 35pt unit.

They do alright, but then again I use the unit as a bully unit - picking off weaker opposition rather than slamming them head first into a squad of terminators. And you can always add 1 or 2 more Klaws into the squad depending on points to ensure things stay dead but way I see it, your boss has 4 attacks, 5 on a charge and will be hitting on 3s on most things cos of the banner. That's solid odds of mopping up whatever the choppas don't get.

If you're fighting psykers, they are great for you, not much fun for your opponent.

Any experiences had with/against hunters?

I am become death. Destroyer of tiny mon'kiegh.

Sweet titty sprinkles, is dat sum Epic? And a shitload of it, at that?

And both very old and comparatively new epic too.

No. Psychic phase was a mistake.

Damn straight, anons. Guess how much this cost me in shekels?

$who cares

>3264x2448

You do, user. You do, because all this glorious crack was given to me.

For free.

Blessed be Khaine for the glorious gift of plastic crack.

I think Slaanesh is who you should thank for the crack.

Nice force though.

>Old as fuck Eldar epic army
>still unpainted
kek

I have no idea how to play epic. How do you play epic?

Now, paint them all red, in the name of Ynnead.

Do it for our future, fellow eldar.

>Vect is gonna die
>Commorragh will be destroyed
>The Dark Eldar will continue to exist as little enclaves throughout nameless craftworld
The Fracture of Biel-Tan

To be honest, it is pretty much like 40k these days because of all the big titans and MC and Primarchs.

Dude craftworlds are just gonna become glorified Imperium Space Stations.

The Ynnari literally do more harm to the Eldar than they do to Chaos. Within the very first months of their existence they destroy Commorragh and Biel-Tan and then decide to give the Imperium the Webway.

Ynnead is clearly Slaanesh doing an inside job to finish off the Eldar in one move.

Fucking Eldar just can't win anything ever. There Seers and Psykers suck balls, their gods sabotage their own faction and they couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

>YFW Ynnead is actually a puppet of Tzeentch, playing the long game of taking out Slaanesh by wiping out the Eldar
Come on GW, this shit writes itself, get your act together

Tzeentch is doing enough already dude, give the neglected Chaos God a chance to actually matter for a change.

Okay thanks. It seems like he is pretty boss even without your enemy having psykers though.
I have never versed one either

Fa/tg/uys, is Kill Team or HoR actually fun? Want to transition from WFB to 40k.
Also is there any tl;dr army characteristic? I mean 'army vibe' in game feel, not stricltly lore wise.

Can melee SoB work in a competitive (not Waac) environment?

Is AdMech a money-grab by GW? 3x Codex, need to buy 3 armies (Ski+Cult+IK)?

Everything can work in casual.

>Dakka armies
Imperium of Man
Orks
Chaos Space Marines
>Puny laser shooty armies
Eldar
Tau
Necrons
>NPC
Tyranids
If you actually manage to somehow scrape together an SoB army you should win by default. Holy shit those models are expensive.

I fixed it for you
>Imperium armies
Space Marines
Dark Angels
Blood Angels
Space Wolves
Imperial Guard
Sisters of Battle
Knights
Tempestus Scions (Stormtroopers)
Skitari
Mechanicus
Assassins
Inquisition
Grey Knights
Deathwatch

>NPC
Everyone else

Said competitive not casual.

What are third party models?

Once you got the repentia in a Land Raider it's doable.

>tfw 2000pts of sisters

What's a non-competetive non-WAAC environment? Playing intentionally fucked up lists for shit and giggles? "Forgin a narrative"? Losing on purpose?

>those smokepipes/chimneystacks

Is he a fucking train or something?

I want them but I'm not going to pay those prices
Maybe I should though, while they still have rules.
I haven't looked at any, but I doubt they can capture the SoB feel as well as GW products. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Waaagh doesn't actually make them faster though. It just lets you run and charge, which is only relevant when you're close enough to charge anyway.

>120 Boyz

With zero survivability. This is a list that would have worked decently in the days of 5th edition. It simply doesn't work now. There's too much firepower out there. They're not Fearless. Nob leaders can and do get Challenged out. And if they do manage to footslog it all the way across the board, they don't accomplish much when they get there. MCs will eat them alive, dedicated assault units don't give a shit, and melee deathstars will laugh at almost everything in the list. Hell, this is a list where a single Knight is an overwhelming threat. The only thing that's a genuine threat to it is a lone AV10 open topped transport. Even if you flat out up the board Turn 1 (if you get first turn) you're still going to be stranded in the middle of no-man's land when literally any army in the game blows it to pieces in their turn. Then your no-invul save Boss and MANZ stand there taking Ap2 up the arse.

His meta doesn't need to be short of power lists. It needs to be short of people who understand of how the game works now.

You made me remember the Fatih Rape Train formation does not have Repentias.

The bloody thing is just a priest battle conclave that can be huge.

God damn it that book was infuriating. So badly put together.

the start collecting skitarii is the best value box set you can by from GW right now and most the mechanicus stuff has rules inside. You are unlikely to take anything from cult mechanicus other than kataphrons, dominus and maybe castellans in any case.

Justify using a song with female vocals for a Space Marine legion

I'll wait

I know the words but... WHAT?

Waac, riptide wing, wraith knight, Eldar bikes and warp spider, random Inqusitor for servo skulls.

Competitive, your Eldar list with wraith knight, bikes but not spamming every single slot with cannons, maybe something else.

Casual, swarm Nid, footstlogging BT.

Get the idea?

Raging hereos and the Russian dude. Some people use dream forge model. Thanks to T H I C C meme the dream forge models are not that out of place now.

Personally I use a mix of all. Either fluff it as a Canonness winning a game of Tarot against a Magus, so the order is provided with bulky armour out of spite. Resulting in the Inquisition coming to check if the church has men under arms.
Or Inquisition battle harem.

>inquisition battle harem
DON'T GIVE ME IDEAS MAN

Not seeing any Sisters of Battle passable minifigures either from Raging Heroes or Dreamforge. Don't know who this "russian dude" is.

Never really got a reply on this before:

Can only roll on each table once per month, can earn a maximum of two rolls per month and start with two, so in the first month could end up needing to roll on four tables.

After cult and cult support as the no brainer starters, what other two should I go for?

I've been playing them since 4th when they were available.

Hey guys, new player. Where can I get cheap Windriders and Wraiths?

What is this "Vect is going to die" meme I'm seeing now? Is Khaine's Gate opening in Commorragh? Is Vect (and his city) going to become a disposable background character to make way for all this Ynnead shit?

I want a new Vect model and I have a Black Heart Kabal army with hundreds of models. This shit better not happen.

I am seriously considering starting either a Necron or Dark Eldar army. I've only ever played Imperium and I want an army to fight my friends' Imperium armies with. I'm not concerned with power rankings, my friends are all pretty bad at this game.

>tfw your tachyon arrow takes a knight off the table

Where did you hit it, user?

Ynnari shenanigans blew the Khaine Gate wide open before they left.

The Chapter is called "Bane of Commorragh" because the whole city is under daemon siege now.

Good thing Vect has been preparing for this day.

Do it! You can finally use all those lewl models you like so much

Grishnak picture related

Just like Abaddon for FoC!

Such good writing! No asspulls or plot armour in that story!

It's been stated somewhere that Vect's mind is so complex and labyrinthine it nearly rivals Tzeentch. Surely he has more than a few backup plans in case Khaine's Gate blew open. I know Lady Malys was fighting against him like a moron but still, he comes across as the kind of guy that will do what needs to be done when the time comes.

He's blown up and sealed off entire sections and districts of Commorragh before and spends the lives of his people and his own warriors like they're nothing. They'd better not lowball him in this book. Vect is one character I've always wanted to see more of.

Yep, great book.

>Just like Abaddon for FoC!

Well, yeah? Abaddon covered all his bases. Asspulls kept being thrown it him but he planned around them all.

T. Millennial

MAKE FUCKING WAY PEASANTS

PRIMARCH COMING THROUGH

If Vect was so smart he would have bent the knee to Ynnead. He is denying himself and his followers a place in her cycle of Rebirth.