Lightning Network is the beginning of the end

I just realized that this is really, really stupid. I used to blame and fud bcashies left and right for being deluded and dumb, but after further investigation, now I'm convinced LN is definitely going to cripple BTC forever.

The flippening is real and it will be brutal, something so unprecedented we might enter a BTC bearish season for years.

I don't know if I should buy Bitcoin Cash right now or after Bitcoin start crashing though, I would like some advice in that sense.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UYHFrf5ci_g&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lightning Network is never coming.

your reasons?

Depends if bitcoin stays bitcoin or if LN gives us Bitcoin+ or some other shitty fork coin.

>Lower fees and faster transactions that make BTC actually usable as a currency will kill BTC

what is the logic behind this meme?

My thoughts about Bitcoin Cash changed drastically after reading this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UYHFrf5ci_g&feature=youtu.be

>Useless for 1 time transactions.
>Have to lock away funds for one entity if you ever want to microtransact with them.
>tx fee to open, tx fee to close channel. Unless you're doing many txs with that single entity it's useless.
>User experience nightmare

Or you could just use BCH, have direct control of your funds, and actually use it like real money.

This sounds at least useful for transferring between exchanges if they have payment channels between them.

What's that one coin going into ICO called like webbytes?

something bytes

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Does like 10k transactions per second and is similar to Cardano.

People are calling it Ethereum 2.0

What the fuck is it called?

At this point i think MAID will be ready before LN

And useless for actually using it as a currency. You know, the use case that originally gave btc its value.

If bitcoin is going bearish you can bet your sweet ass everything else will follow

Cool, just bought 100k

Yes, there are some very specific use cases where LN could work, but accredited third parties need to get involved and you have to pay a monthly fee. Although if you are going that far, why not simply use a bank? It's the same point: bothersome and and centralized but it can be done this way if you are hell bent in putting up with the inconvenience.

Or you could use literally any other crypto and avoid this shit altogether.

probably true

I'm not sure if you are just a shill or someone with heavy bags? Which is it?

If BTC were to crash, what makes you think bcash would take its place?

99% of britcoin brainlets have no clue how the lightning network works and think it will scale bitcoin to visa level when it gets released.

fucking stupid lol

This. I used to be a btc shill and mocked bcashers, but I'm starting to realize that they are right.

I have just 1000 words for you.

ByteBall? It's like a DAG smart contract platform.

I'm not holding bags, in fact, I sold BCC as soon it made it to an exchange. I'm just edging against Bitcoin crashing hard.

I'm not saying Bitcoin Cash taking its place is a 100% certainty, I'm just saying that Bitcoin is doomed to fail.

This.

A lot of people shit on roger, but once you realize what lightning really is you can understand why he is fighting it so hard. He isn’t a central authority for any coin, he is just a really true believer. He could have cashed out of BTC with enough profit for him and his whole neighborhood to have Lambos and mansions and yet he continues to fight. He genuinely cares about the people using this tech and wants to see it succeed.

I jumped on to BCH when it was around 600 dollars. Best choice I’ve made.

I know, I'm a pessimist too.

There is literally ZERO proof of that statement.

As to OP's concerns, buy BCH. It's underbought right now relative to everything else (it's in a satoshi dip and hasn't recovered yet, unlike LTC, ETH, XMR and other top alts).

I'd rather ETH/ByteBall and XMR reign supreme, as that would be an incredibly friendly environment to alts and would reward the best tech so I'd make a killing with diligent research, but it's unlikely that anything but BCH will flippen BTC.

More people are waking up to BTCs real problems and finally realizing BCH is the solution everyday.

Once the debit card for BCH becomes available i’m Considering closing my bank account.

We are getting to the point that it’s possible to live that way guys. Don’t let the Jews fuck it up again with blockstream.

I was refering about your second statement, you are right about what you are saying.

Coinbase adding bch is a big unknown, because tons of normies are suddenly going to find themselves owning bitcoin cash.
Are they going to sell it en masse, tanking the market? Or is the demand from other normies going to be stronger and cause moon? No one knows.

no retard, there werent that many normies back in august. there were warnings EVERYDAY to take your btc out of an exchange. Whales ofc did this

Doesn't matter long term. Yeah, we'll probably see more bull runs and dips, but BCH has nowhere to go but up and the markets warming up to it more everyday. IMHO it's bound to happen.

All it's going to take is more bull run while BTC dips, and the backing behind BCH will increase twofold at least. People are already starting to hedge with it more and more, and that should only increase over time.

>create LN channel with bank
>use credit card to pay for stuff instantly
BTC is the store of value of the future. FUD all you want. time will tell if this is right. BTC will be worth 100k next year, screencap this so you remember it.

You obviously haven't been doing your reading. If BTC is going to be a store of value at this point, it will only be people above the middle class who can pay $500 transaction fees and not sweat it.

Xtrabytes and Raiblocks are the two that are instant and scalable. Both have recently settled down and are good buys right now

Make your own thread, GTFO.

Whats the concern with banks opening large channels for quick, cheap transfers?

It does not diminish bitcoins value. It doesn't suddenly add inflation to it. You can still transfer your money and store it with your key so no one can get it.

Just means there is a 3rd party hosting a channel for it. Why does that identity of that party matter?

you only pay the high transaction fee once. lightning network has very fast transactions and cheap fees.

scenario1:
the jews will short BTC to oblivion until all normies lose their trust in it and never touch it again

scenario 2:
once LN is up, the jews own you and your shitcoin

Either way, the jews win. I'm all in on alts and never touching this shit. Once the shitstorm settles, the alts will prosper.

>I wonder why fundamentally pessimistic markets like the futures markets were opened exactly this year.

Start reading more and repeating less.

i thought btc will implement lightning network once it comes out??
why would they be opposed to eachother???

Come to think of it. Who, other than the banks, have large stores of Bitcoin that they could host channels? Who moves bitcoins between addresses at a high frequency?

The exchanges. The people you already do business with. The people you already trust with your bitcoins and money.

You're an idiot. He asked, I answered. And I addressed your question here: , but instead of addressing that you waste your time with petty offhand comments?

so much hate and FUD for Roger Ver. Maybe he really is the Bitcoin Jesus.

Xtrabytes, that's the one, thanks.

Thank you?

>I would like some advice in that sense.
I mean it was the reason for the thread..

Lightning network will legitimize bitcoin but it will basically kill decentralization. All payments will be done off chain ala coinbase. There'll be tens if not hundreds of coinbases.

So Satoshi has over a million of each, right?

He left himself a veto power. Absolute madman

And I'm taking your advice user, I just didn't realize you were answering to an unrelated question in the same thread.

I figured I should start hodling BCH sooner than later. What’s the advice anons, replace all my BTC with BCH or just gradually skim my BTC?

lol idiot, of course it will not fix everything but it will be an improvement. fucking retard

HEIL HITLER

this guy gets it.

i have one LN channel open towards a hub and thats it, i have basically a instant non-blockchain low fee channel to everything else. Just like the fucking Internet. How retarded can you be to not understand this?

Way less than you, judging by your bullshit-per-minute ratio.

EtherDelta
Shapeshift

Do you realize how easy setting up a LTC BTC exchange like these is using Lightning Network?
Do you realize an exchange like that using the lightning network would be insanely stupid to not also simply have a transaction function when fees are $14?
Do you not realize the only thing preventing the creation of a million of these exchanges from popping up over night is that most wallets have not fully implemented segwit?
Do you not realize near all major wallets are set to fully implement segwit in the first quarter of 2018?
Do you not realize every miner in existence will have every reason in the world to set one up AND any miner pushed out the market in the past 2 years (small guys) also have every reason in the world to set one up as a ramp to get back into the market?
Ditto any retailer that accepts BTC or LTC
Watch those lightning network is a banking coup videos again lad.
Pay particular attention to when they make the actual claim as to why lightning will be "centralized" and you will notice they don't actually say why. They present no evidence as to incentives.
And in fact claim because bitstream manufactures hardware for all of this as evidence for centralization...which is the most fucking stupid claim ever. Why the fuck would a retail gizmo manufacturer attempt to shrink the very market they are selling product into by centralizing it among a small number of buyers?
You sell to the richies you live with the masses. Sell to the masses and you live with the richies.
Also i bet 1 satochi Ver's Bitcoin.com wallet will be very very slow in implementing segwit for this very reason. The massive faggot has already manipulated prices on his wallet by setting Bcash fees so low that you have to wait hours for transactions to go through and BTC fees 2 times sometimes 3 times above average.

The funny thing is if BTC really does go down hard, it will tarnish the Bitcoin brand name so hard Bcash will never recover either. People will move on to coins with altogether better tech if crypto recovers.

Also, regardless of how you feel about LN (and regardless of whether you're right or wrong), BTC is going to pump MASSIVELY the day LN ever gets released (what happens AFTER that pump is up for debate). So at least right now there's no point to hold Bcash unless you're just daytrading it.

Rai
Endlösung der Bitcoinfrage

*if it gets released. btw whats the segwit adoption now?

Well if it never gets released it won't be the end of BTC I guess. And I don't know anything about Segwit adoption, all I know is any coins that comes out with a segwit update has a massive pump when it happens, just as with any major development. Fact is the masses want these developments, whether the skeptics are correct about the long term or not.

I'll never bother with bch because it's basically run by conmen but I agree LN sucks and using hubs is basically a copout that could be avoided easily.

Ltc seems like best option because it has LN but isn't crippled by small block size so there's no need for hubs.

fuck you,you degenerate retard. just stick a gun in your ass and pull the trigger vollspast kurwa

Underrated af

>He left himself a veto power. Absolute madman

Super easy to do that if you're dead.