/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Genera

Everyone's new wallpaper edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos

Previous kalpa:

Other urls found in this thread:

uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Wizard
youtu.be/Y4y8ph3cH54
youtube.com/watch?v=s5xst39v8wE
twitter.com/TamrielRebuilt/status/827620921468936196
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for best king

People complain about Skyrim because muh vikings but I think they didn't take it far enough in that direction. Should have went full retard with Frazetta sword and sorcery mixed with Der Ring des Nibelungen romanticism.

Are any Selectives Lorecast episodes worth a watch?

Oh boy. Who else is ready for inevitable bad lore avalanche?

>Vvardenfell opened to n'wahs centuries before it's supposed to happen
>a Tribune is losing power centuries before it's supposed to happen, AGAIN
>main plot is literally Infernal City rehash
Are they doing it on purpose?

Well, I've heard both
>durr Nords in Skyrim are generic dumb Vikings brutes, they should have been more sophisticated
>durr Nords in Skyrim aren't the Nordic Conan-like brutes from Morrowind and are too civilized
I guess you can't please everyone.

I'm numb to it at this point.

>find ridiculous "lore"
>see source
>ESO
pottery

Yeah. All.

>No waifus/husbandos
Then how am I supposed to talk about Emusette Bracques/Barnand Erelie?

Progress slowed down a bit because I was busy.
I've added Reachspeak and the Breto-Nordic dialects that form a continuum between Bretic and Nordic dialects. Also did more work down in the Nibenay area.

Galbedir desu

ESO is not canon anyway...

Thoughts on not-Nimidium?

Let's not start this shit this early in the thread.
Good work, user.
I like the Female Bosmer voice and how flirty they are, but my heart belongs to Female Bretons.
"Are you a thief, because you just stole my heart." is actually a metaphysical, sub-gradient reflection of convention, that by mantling on minor levels gives them more power as waifus.

I am unfamiliar

Why have the hardcore lore nerds stopped making fun of ESO and embraced it anyway?

Just something from the trailer.
I don't see where people are getting this Numidium thing from, it just looks like a big Dwemeri robot that they'll probably add as an enemy or maybe a boss.

>spoiler
Deepest lore.

I think it's because of the scale and look of it. It seems a bit silly. I've always wondered anyway, why did the Dwarves create so many killer robots?

Zeni threw them a couple of bones in form of "muh Kirkbridian lore" references and they swallowed it. Pathetic, really.

>muh mananaut
>muh chim
etc

>Vvardenfell opened to n'wahs centuries before it's supposed to happen
To be fair, major house seats such as Balmora and Ald'ruhn, plus Vivec, the Ghostegate and other Temple facilities did already exist on Vv. It's not totally unreasonable that transit was less regulated in the past, and at some time during the next few hundred years the Temple became more strict about the status of the island as a holy reserve. It being opened to colonization prior to Morrowind (the game) is mostly in regards to the Empire, which means places like Caldera and Pelagiad. This does justify anything, but it is interesting.

They used them instead of traditional soldiers. It only makes sense that around Red Mountain and a place full of turd wearing hillbillies that can shout down buildings and vomit mud into corpses to resurrect them, they might want some huge fucking robots.

When is CHIM mentioned in ESO?

The scroll of CHIM, pronounced like "chin" and not "Kim".

If you seriously can't talk about something you don't like without resorting to "muh" then you don't actually know what you're talking about.

Except that's why the lore community hated ESO in the first place.

Just an item name? When it could easily mean "scroll of starlight" and not "scroll of metaphysical lore concepts"?

Yep.

>why
>create so many killer robots?
I don't understand the question.

Also, an interesting lore tidbit:
>The room blazed with sudden light. Bolts of purple energy crackled across the metal carapace of the Dwarven monster, and it halted, half-turning to meet this new threat. Master Arum had come! I was about to raise a cheer when the giant figure turned back to me, unharmed by the lightning bolt hurled by Master Arum, determined to destroy this first intruder. I shouted out "Steam! Steam!" as the giant raised his fist to crush me into the floor. There was a hiss and a gust of bitter cold and I looked up. The monster was now covered with a shell of ice, frozen in the very moment of dispatching me. Master Arum had understood. I leaned against the wall with relief.

>The ice cracked above me. The giant golden king stood before me, the shell of ice falling away, his head swiveling towards me in triumph. Was there no stopping this Dwarven monstrosity?! But then the light faded from his eyes, and his arms dropped to his sides. The magical frost had worked, cooling its steam-driven energy.

Do you honestly think they added it to mean "starlight", and not to say "Look at this dank lore"?

Dwemer spheres are the best looking robots in this and all the the goddamn universes

Well, we're off to a good start.

Do the Dunmer have any real naval culture?
I know more or less the situation with most other races and cultures, but I can't think of anything related to the Dunmer and the ocean aside from the fact that I guess there's some Inner Sea trade going on. Been too long since I played Morrowind.

Dunmer have insectoid ships made of chitin and shit according to Wolf Queen book.

I imagine that the Inner Sea would see the most traffic, with ships going down south into Hlaalu and Dres territory with various wares and bringing back slaves. There'd probably be some rare ships sailing eastwards towards the Imperial islands on the way to Akavir, too, as well as regular ship traffic to Necrom, carrying the dead from all over Morrowind.
House Telvanni could be one with a bit more naval history considering their capital lies on an island.

>uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Wizard

How does this make you feel?

Are Bosmer the memers of Tamriel?

First for honour your ancestors, honour the aedra

Bosmer should be deleted from the games. Is there a single one who isn't a meme?

>Early concept art shows House Hlaalu with gems in their foreheads. These gems were purportedly part of the glass in the construction of the Seyda Neen.

>The Seyda Neen was the flagship of a fleet that Hlaalu sent to sea at the behest of a Saint, "to see the face of Veloth". The mariners on this voyage would send back for the rest of their House when they had found whatever this "face" was.

>But an unnatural storm destroyed the fleet, the jetsam and flotsam coming back to the shore. The Hlaalu used this to construct the Lighthouse, so that any of their countrymer that may have survived the storm could find their way back. House nobles embedded their flagship's glass in their foreheads, because Morrowind.

Skaal gear looked more sophisticated than anything in Skyrim.

Being an n'wah in mainland Morrowind alone was practically unfounded prior to the Empire (unless you were a slave).
Prior to the opening of Vvardenfell, the only place outlanders were allowed on the island was the foreign quarter of Vivec.

Just look at this smug grin.
Bosmer magnetism isn't a reason to get rid of them

>"Potema stood at the harbor and watched the boat from Pyandonea arrive. Against the gray, breaking waves where she had seen so many vessels of Tamrielic manufacture, it looked less than exotic. Insectoid, certainly, with its membranous sails and rugged chitin hull, but she had seen similar if not identical seacraft in Morrowind"

That seems reasonable.
The ports of Skyrim, Solitude in particular, are probably some of the most important foreign ports. Morrowind lies sort of isolated, so if you're sailing abroad you either need to go south along Tamriel's eastern coast or west along the northern coast.

If you go south, there's little of immediate value once you go south of Tear. There's Thorn, but that's just over the border. Then it's a while before you reach Archon, and I don't even know if that place has a port, much less anything of value to trade. Lilmoth definitely has a port, but it's not like the city is terribly rich. Black Marsh does have some agricultural exports, but I can't see the area being very lucrative for trade.
Really, once you get south of Tear the next proper port city is Senchal, though you can go up the Niben afterwards.

But if you go west, you hit one port after another through Skyrim and into High Rock before you get to the Iliac Bay. Seems like it would be the more common route unless you're really into Black Marsh or need to get to the Niben.

I won't even pretend that these routes are exact, they're just an illustration.

>generic dwemer killbot.

>Anything like Numidium

Are you baiting?

The Argonia route would probably be used by the East Empire Company, I can't imagine Argonians welcoming any Dunmer ships. the only Dunmer making routes there would probably be Dres slavers raiding coastal villages.

>the only Dunmer making routes there would probably be Dres slavers raiding coastal villages
I'd imagine that along the coastal regions the Dres would probably just buy they're slaves from the local Archeins.
Most actual raids are probably done in the northern marshes.

You're right but I could imagine them going on longer trips and collecting as many Argonians as possible before heading back. Hell, they could sail all the way to Elsweyr to kidnap Khajiiti - after all, there are a lot of them on Vvardenfell, they had to come from somewhere.

Here's an East Empire Company map from Skyrim.

I think that'd depend on the degree of Cyrodiilic control in the port in question. Lilmoth has for example been a kingdom with Cyrod rules at some point, and I I imagine that they'd keep the ports open and orderly.
But as of Skyrim, with an independent Argonia under An-Xileel leadership, I can't imagine them taking too kindly to Dunmeri visitors.

The difference here is that we're specifically invited by Vivec himself, and to some extent this is meant to be after the Vestige meridia'd Molag Bal, so they've got a reputation.
Vivec losing his power isn't necessarily lore unfriendly either. People seem to forget that they have to regularly recharge their powers at the heart. Dagoth Ur has been stated to not be awake, but there's some unknown circumstance that is stopping him from going to Red Mountain.
And the Clockwork City is involved in some way.

Oh, right, I'm talking third era. There would be no Dres slavers to harrass the coastal villages by the time of Skyrim, anyway.

I think most khajiit would be bought as well. After all it is said "in the port of Senchal, one may purchase anything one desires."
This map kind of supports this I think, note the purple route that starts in Tear, continues to make its stops along ports in Blackmarsh, and then goes on to Senchal (Seemingly stopping in Alinor interestingly enough).

On a side note, something else I find rather interesting about this map is there appears to be a port around the area where Vivec used to be.

Guns confirmed lore friendly.

Now I realized, is one of the "stops" in Vivec? Why? I though the place had blown up

Yellow Line:
>Northpoint - Farrun - Solitude - Windhelm - Necrom (and back again)

>Purple Line:
>Tear - Archen - Soulrest - Senchal - Alinor - (Lillandril?) (and back again)

>Green Line:
>Stros M'Kai - Anvil - Rihad - Woodhearth - Southpoint - Dusk - Alinor - Lillandril - Stros M'Kai

>Blue Line:
>Daggerfall - Wayrest - (Sentinel?) - Hegathe - Taneth - Rihad - Anvil - Woodhearth - Southpoint - Senchal - Leyawiin - Soulrest - Lilmoth - Archon - Tear - Blacklight - Solitude - Northpoint - Daggerfall

>Red Line:
>youtu.be/Y4y8ph3cH54
>Windhelm - Vivec - Necrom - Lilmoth - Soulrest - Woodhearth - Dusk - Alinor - (Lillandril?) - Stros M'Kai - Hegathe - (Daggerfall?) - Farrun - Windhelm

>Barely Discernible Line:
>Stros M'Kai - Firsthold - Woodhearth

I'm surprised by how busy a port city Woodhearth seems to be.

I think I read somewhere that Vivec was supposedly being rebuilt by the time of Skyrim

>Barely Discernible Line:
Also makes a stop at Dusk it appears

You might be thinking of Mournhold, but it's very well possible Vivec has or is being rebuilt as well, if not outright mentioned.

Some of the cities are, but I don't think Vivec is mentioned as being that. That being said, there could probably be a stop or a village there, it's a good location.

I blame Trainwiz

You're welcome.

Personally, I just consider it an AU. I've seen speculation about that being the case anyway because of the weird Molag Bal shit, but it works for me. The game is fun and the story lines I've played have been entertaining. I can forgive them goofing up on lore, because it ultimately doesn't matter.

that trailer was such a goddamn clichefest
I don't think there was even a single frame that I haven't seen in other movies

what

the morrowind DLC trailer for ESO

So, if my friends and I are trying out UESRPG 3e, what do we do for enemies? NPC's are pretty easy to fudge, but how do you test things like "combat against monsters" without the rules for them?

How are you fine folks tonight?
Hope you have a nice weekend.
What sort of feelings does pic related evoke? What's you guys' favorite concept art pieces?

Rest in peace, Adam. 5 years gone next Thursday.

Oh shit, I remember the day when the news came out. I love that man's concept art, it paints Skyrim in a majestic, even mystic way.

>How are you fine folks doing tonight?
Pretty good. Setting up a game w/ IRL friends and aced a Chemistry test.
>Hope you have a nice weekend.
You too.
>What sort of feeling does pic related evoke?
That /tesg/'s facination with making the games look like the concept art is fucking retarded. Look at that landscape! Sure, it's pwetty, but it would've been a God-damn nightmare to actually get anywhere. Vision has to meet practicality halfway.

>Sure, it's pwetty, but it would've been a God-damn nightmare to actually get anywhere.
Surprise, that's what mountains work like.
Anyway, if levitation existed in-game, it would've made it easier.

>What sort of feelings does pic related evoke?
mysterious lost land
>What's you guys' favorite
That's a very hard choice but pic has always fascinated me.

where?

What type of graffiti do you think they have in Orsinium?

Are they flames around Baar Dau because of it slowly starting to fall again or is it because Vivec stopped it mid fall and the flames are from the original descent? I hope it's the latter because it makes it look far more impressive and scary.

>What sort of feelings does pic related evoke?
A land where Nords line their shields with wasabi.

I'm okay. Tired as fuck, though that's entirely my own fault.

That pic, and most others like it, is associated with some disappointment.
Aside from the fact that the in-game result is pretty bad, the worst thing is that I think there's an important element lost in the translation from concept to representation.
Sky Haven Temple is a rather unique place, perhaps in all of Tamriel, as a temple built in an Akaviri style. Can't imagine there's many buildings like it still around.
You're supposed to get there, and the place will be totally unlike every barrow and fort you've been through. It's supposed to be new, fresh and alien, just as it would be for anyone in Tamriel. And then the actual representation just kind of doesn't manage to deliver that out-of-place-ness I'm convinced the temple was intended to have.

Also I'm loving how "vertical" Adam's take on Skyrim's geography is. Steep mountains and the feeling that you're constantly being dwarfed by your surroundings. It's just great.

I'm terrible at picking favourites, but here's a fun one.

>help a demi-god regain his lost powers
you what m8? Is this real? How the hell did vivec lose his powers?

youtube.com/watch?v=s5xst39v8wE

>demi
Triggered

All the Tribunal had to regularly recharge their powers

Looks like a cinematic for world of warcraft

Constantly defending ESO - actual evidence of shill activity. Say it ain't so.

Is Red Mountain active after its 3E eruption?

Being alone in the desert will make a man thirsty.
Lorefags gotta occupy themselves somehow.

And it's not like people are gonna put ESO lore in front of any new lore that comes with a new game. It's just filler.

But, you know, no fun allowed; lore is serious business.

>pointing out why someone is wrong is being a shill

That was lore since Morrowind, did you just not pay attention?

Oh I didn't mean you could choose only one. Here's the original sized version of that for you buddy.

The storyboards are great! Shame there wasn't much to the levitating stuff in game as in the concepts, is there any mention of that in the lore? I'm drawing a blank here.
I gotta agree about the mountains, the image makes you feel very humble.

Where can I find more of this?

what happens if/when ES6's lore is terrible, do you go "ES6 is not canon" like ESO or do you accept it for what garbage it is?

M (Markarth?) castle

twitter.com/TamrielRebuilt/status/827620921468936196

10 more years of posting about Morrowind in tgesg between TES6 and 7

It's gonna be great, it will be fantastic

I'm basing my own vision of Tamriel on Arena-Morrowind lore with bits and pieces from the latter game anyway

Is that a dragon skull with tusks he's wearing? O-oh no

There will those who will hate it no matter what.

If ES6 is shit I'm just going to say fuck the games and formulate my own personal continuity.

one with morrowing

I will place Bethesda into the same mental category as Bioware and ignore everything they produce ever again.
True Tamriel will always exist in my heart.