Guilliman Confirmed

Guilliman Confirmed.
Cypher + Fallen Angels confirmed
not-Draigo Confirmed.

Ready to get hyped.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20030808225622/http://www.eyeofterror.com/uk/background/despoiler.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Ready to get hyped.
You have to go back shill

GUILLIMAN IS NOT AMUSED.
Not shilling, I'm just geniunly hyped myself. I havent been this enthusiastic about 40k in so many years. And I want to share the hype.

>not-Draigo
It's Mordrak, you pleb.

It is? Has it been mentioned somewhere?

THE SPIRITUAL LIEGE IS BACK BABY!

>Not shilling, I'm just geniunly hyped myself. I havent been this enthusiastic about 40k in so many years. And I want to share the hype.
Whatever you say Mat

this might be the only gathering storm book I actually buy

Getting an actual flat out "imperium fuck yeah" book for once would be pretty baller, instead of the usual phyrric-victory-but-everyone-bitches-about-marine-wank shit we've gotten the last few times.

This has to be one of the ugliest GW miniatures I have ever seen.

How do you guys feel now that the best prim arch is returning?

>Literally used "GUILLIMAN IS HERE TO SAVE THE IMPERIUM"
>Mary suing intensifies into a thousand suns

When 40k writing became so bad. The mini looks ok i guess.

Cyper: Awesome, best of the three. Pose, cloak, everything is gorgeous.
Mordrak: Neat. Not exceptional, but still nice.
Roboute: What the hell is wrong with him? Something looks way off there, especially when compared to the FW version.

Fuck, it's actually Age of Sigmar 2.0

I for one think its awesme. I cant understand how this will fit into fall of cadia...

Read the text on the right. It seems they are going tour with Eldar and then ending up in Ultramar.

We'll see when they show his mini instead of this faggot.

But it isn't. Read the leakers.

And even if it was? Who cares. You can drop the plastic crack (assuming you even buy any, when 99% of people who moan never own a single model)

I... I think I'm done with keeping up with 40k.
I have ridden this ride a while, and there's been ups and downs. But it's always been essentially what it was. I think paying attention is only going to make me less happy, to watch something I loved get its End Times.

I might check in a while, see if there's a 9th age equivilent, or if enough people followed 40k's new form through that it never happened. But for now, I think I'm going to put my White Consuls away and play more vidya or something. Maybe do the FoW army I've been considering a while.

>What the hell is wrong with him? Something looks way off there, especially when compared to the FW version.
Look at his knees, and the cabling - he's not quite a dread or anything, but I don't think there's all that much left of G-Man's body after he's come out of stasis.

Mechanical limbs being oversized isn't really anything new.

While a few details are goofy and it's yet another over-designed piece (seriously the swirls are so unnecessary) I like the pose a hell of a lot more.

Not sure about the leg braziers though - they're an Imperial standard, we've seen minis with brazier hats, backpacks and things, but they're still a bit odd.

Though if there's a pic somewhere of new G-man where the main sources of light are his braziers, halo and maybe the sword, that'd look cool - a big armoured bastard lit up by the flames he's carrying is very old-school 40k

Come join us a /fowg/, if you want tanks, you can have as many as your heart desires.
If you want infantry, it shall be yours.
If you want artillery, you can build an entire list of the stuff.
Go nuts with it.

Even if it's not the full Sigmar, it's changing the status quo significantly enough that the Gathering Storm is already the biggest change since the 2->3e transition, including the last time they did the 13th black crusade.

>to watch something I loved get its End Times.
Thats not what is happening

The story is moving forward slightly, not coming to a conclusion

Weirdly, the ability to get everything without limitation is part of my dissatisfaction with the rules lately. Skew lists skew that much harder than they used to. Is that generally a problem with FoW?

(Although mainly, its the new lore that is getting my goat, FoW at least won't have the established lore altered so much.)

>The story is moving forward slightly, not coming to a conclusion
Are you saying it will move forward and remain at this new cliffhanger for another 8 years or so? Is it a good thing to you?

There literally is no End Times you retard.

How's it feel to have a whole company and Chapter Master slaughtered by Word Bearers? :^)

>slightly
I'm less sure. I think it might not end 40k, but it will end the 40k I know. I think that by the time the storm has gathered, its not going to be the same setting.

>its not going to be the same setting
Do you know what "setting" even means?

You have some seriously advanced retardation

You are one dense shithead

The torches are on the base. Its a crap photo at a bad angle

>In works of narrative (especially fictional), the setting includes both the time and geographic location in which the story takes place.
It might be related to old 40k, but even if the timeline has only moved a few years, everything will be very different. Same as a story set in Precommunist Russia or Communist Russia would be different.

Why are GW versions so shitty compared to FW? FW's Guilliman is heroic and noble. That looks over-the-top, cheesy and overall ridiculous. Not even a cape? wtf

Where are these leaks you speak of?

Where have you been the last 15 years? Under a rock?

Source of inspiration.

I mean, that's the usual for GW of course, but this time they have a good reference, how can they fuck it up so bad?

That doesn't look like he's mechanical to me, more they're making his armour look "older".

But he's just got nothing on the forge world model desu. No real character to it..

Can you imagine the fucking hype on McCragge?

>Be an Imperial peasant
>Sell your daughter to get onto an off-world trading vessel.
>Travel through the warp for 6 months.
>Land on McCragge
>Wait in line at the gates of the Fortress Monastery for 3 weeks.
>Finally see the Primarch himself, trapped in stasis.
>What an incredible sight.
>Suddenly he stands up, defying the stasis field.
>He walks past you and gently asks "How long have I been asleep?"

>Guilliman wakes up
>All these chapters not following the codex astartes
>instead of helping the imperium he makes things worse bringing the ultras on a crusade to force everyone to be codex-compliant to the letter

YOUR
SPIRITUAL
LIEGE

>2017
>not understanding girlyman's views on the codex
ISHYGDDT

Seriously though, girlyman was closer to captiam titus in terms of how he viewed it

That one looks pretty bad to me. Forge World has done some good primarchs, but that's not one of them- I honestly prefer the new one.

He looks twice as tall as the Marine next to him. He sure is a big guy,

One thing I am interested in seeing is just what the Ecclesiarchy make of Guilliman and vice versa. The High Lords too for that matter

Because if GW's looked better then no-one would buy the (more expensive I assume) FW model

His pose is too passive. It's great for looking imperious, but I wouldn't use it as a centerpiece for my army.

Plastic Roboute actually has done weight and momentum to him. It looks like he's about to lay a big hurt on some traitors. I'd prefer if his armor had some more pteruges, though.

Why would he be mechanical? He was poisoned by Fulgrim not torn apart. Has WD said he's been put into a robotic body to bring hi back to life?

Yes, and even then GW's version is still worse.

I think the Ecclisiarchy will be okay, but the High Lords I think may have issues - he had the title of Lord Commander of the Imperium, but that got abolished after the War of the Beast

>A primarch wakes up
>Entirely OK with people viewing the emperor as a god
You know they're not going to touch on this.

>I think the Ecclisiarchy will be okay
Not likely, they've taken over the Imperial powerbase and perverted the whole idea of the Imperium in a direction he wasn't in favor of.

Dude's going to be a fish out of water in the same way Greyfax was, potentially even worse. And I really, really hope they bring it up.

alpharius looks better in metalic blue.

...faeit. its not worth it.

Heraldry on the model looks vaguely similar. He's also the only GK special character that never got a model and supposedly wields a daemonhammer like the model pictured does.

From what little I read of The Beast Arises, Vulkan did not take well at all to the Ecclesiarchy. This to me is what is going to be quite interesting since the current Imperium is not even the Imperium of M32.

I could see Guilliman begrudgingly leaving them in place since they unite the Imperium and give the people hope. There could be some changes in how they operate, though that arguably could go for a lot of departments.

Poison can do some pretty serious damage, even to a Primarch.
Add some hasty stasis-ing, and the fact that he had just been in a duel against someone whose personality and corruption make a quick, clean kill unlikely. And then he's had to have been decanted from stasis too - plenty of room for that not to go well.

Mainly though I'm looking at the legs - they sure look mechanical to me. And the hands being really oversized

And there maybe was a rumour about Roboute being largely robot, but I don't know, that could have been a guy chatting shit

Hope they do - what with his record with Lorgar and all

A reminder that Vulkan did nothing to remove the Church from power even when he was the last Primarch remaining in the galaxy.

>Ward gets hired
>a few months later we get this
you can't be fucking serious

>that could have been a guy chatting shit
It was.
That said, robot gilamonster does look to have some robotic parts like you said.
If that's how GW explains the weird proportions then fine by me

I guess they might say he is focusing on the immediate danger of Chaos, as opposed to the unenviable task of unfucking the Imperium? Still they can't just ignore it completely, especially considering people are probably going to try worshipping him or some shit

reminder that vulkan is considerably less concerned with organizing shit and more concerned with bapping shit with his hammer

I'd rather it just be a shitty model/angle desu, the smurfs have had a mostly mechanical leader for long enough, leave Girlyman intact I say.

If this means the space wolves get purged, I'm OK with 40k End Times.

It could be why he has a Grey Knights special character in tow; he had to get sized up for a baby carrier.

Top KEK

If Cypher turns out to be the Lion, someone's going to have to be blammed for heresy and I'm not sure who.

He was in the trunk of Cawl's Landmobile.

But Galgar was like the second favorite person in the Imperium after the Emps.

>lion turns out to be a primarchlet
When will they learn

Since when was the Lion half the size of Guilliman?

>Guilliman turned, his Terminator bodyguard closing around him as a robed figure emerged into the diffuse light of the bridge. His cowled features remained swathed in shadow. Beneath the pale robes, the newcomer wore dark power armor, and two ornate pistol grips in cross-draw holsters were clearly visible. Seeing the weapons, one of the Terminators stepped forward, and lightning claws slid from their sheaths with a metallic rasp. Crackling arcs of blue energy snapped from the blades. Guilliman watched the newcomer’s reaction as the Terminator advanced upon him.

>So fast that even Guilliman almost missed it, the figure drew and fired one of his pistols. A searing bolt of incandescent fire struck the Terminator, who sagged to his knees before crashing to the deck, a smoking hole punched through his molten breastplate. The other Terminators raised their weapons, but Guilliman halted them with a gesture as the figure spun the pistol and sheathed it in one smooth motion.

There's been far more bitching about Tau and Chaos wank than Marines. Even with Death Masque I recall the complaints revolving around the Ynnead plot and GW raping the lore rather than specifically who won (after all, thwarting Eldrad is no real accomplishment).

>the smurfs have had a mostly mechanical leader for long enough
Only in Rogue Trader.

>And the hands being really oversized
Thats a primarch powerfist

>Only in Rogue Trader.
they brought that bit of fluff trivia back with the swarmlord, with the new explanation being calgar got fucked up by it on macragge

>this guy shot one of my most elite sons
>guess I should do nothing to avenge his death

Now you might argue that Gulliman is just being careful, or that the plot demands is forcing him to act this way, but either way that means he essentially willingly sacrificed one of his kin, his bodyguard, just to probe Cypher's reaction.

Still, it's better than Gav Thrope wanking all over the Dark Angel lore with his bookseries. Cypher ending up with the Ultramarines somehow is rather refreshing.

that's just the cypher/abaddon meeting from the eye of terror campaign, mate

>There are people on this board, who for years denied Guilliman returning just because healing in stasis is "impossible"
Lol. Welcome to Skubhammer 40k

He looks like those 'just legally different enough' Primarchs you see other companies putting out.

Makes me wonder where GW is going with this.

Is it just trying to shake up the stasis a little, or is it planning to work through its own End Times scenario?

>inb4 GW wouldn't kill off their cash cow

Well they're doing something, and GW never does something without a (shitty) reason.

>Gulliman gets a flaming sword.
>Celestine, who's sword is literally a flamer, didn't.

Lame. That Cypher is rad though.

Oh well, better get ready for Horus Heresy 2.0.

I'd guess they're shifting to a more 'heroic' setting with clearer Good/Bad divisions.

They say he got fucked up (which IIRC was based on a much older, pre-Swarmlord battle report; the battle at Nothin Personnel Ridge definitely existed beforehand) but not that he lost all his limbs.

Just being cheeky.

web.archive.org/web/20030808225622/http://www.eyeofterror.com/uk/background/despoiler.htm

WAIT A MINUTE.

Cypher was attacked by the Deceiver in the 13th Black Crusade and both were fighting inside the Warp.

How did Cypher survive and get to Maccrage? PLOTHOLE!

>624.M36 A Blade out of Time

>Although impossible to fix in time, this seems to be the first recorded instance where Cypher is seen carrying the C’tan phase knife – a weapon similar to the C’tan phase sword used by the Callidus Assassins. The blade of the knife can phase in and out of real-space by dimensional realignment, so it is capable of bypassing armour and protective fields. The knife was at some point lost in battle with the C’tan known as the Deceiver in the opening stages of the 13th Black Crusade, however, the battle occurred in the Warp and seems to have been subject to a strange loop in either the time continuum or reality itself. Cypher is most often seen without the blade, but true to its name, the knife occasionally phases back into being beneath his cloak.

>PLOTHOLE!
no plotholes, the thirteenth black crusade was retconned all the way back in 5th edition

also as for your quote
>624.M36

Is this /tv/ now?

I think GW basically ignores everything related to the 13th Black Crusade campaign.

But if you still want to uphold it, maybe the Deciever was all 'hey I love you work, go and keep fucking things up for me.' Or the time loops that Cypher seems to go through means that in some timelines he managed to beat the odds, where in most he failed.

sooo does this mean we are getting a second imperium triumverate box? Thats what it looks like.

yes

Wake me up once the orks start being up to anything.

I'm kinda baffled how much I do not care about this campaign...

Maybe we should retcon xbox huge primarchs and Big E. It was retarded idea to begin with. Just make all of them around the same marine height and the Emperor somewhat shorter than his creations.

Don't you get it user

40k has to stay static so we can complain about nothing happening

Which was dumb, since primarchs regularly did things considered impossible. Look at angron lifting a fucking warlord titan.

>PLOTHOLE!
Can you stop doing this, Carnac.

That timeline thing is from Cypher's relatively recent dataslate fluff. Pic related was the original version.

No, a space marine one.
While it's technically an imperial one, this is focusing on T4 master race, rather than T3 army plebs.

Everyone is getting something in the coming year according to GW. Wouldn't be suprised if 2017 ends with more loyalists than just girlyman back.

This is just embarrassing.

Thats because more than half of the playable armies are not only ignored, but dont even get a footnote.

It's from 6th ED, not EoT.

Only when you admit the truth about Necrodermis.

What's the implication here with Robot Girlyman's return?
Will he be the head of the Ultramarines?
Will he replace the High Lords of Terra?
Will he found a new Imperium, since the empire became a bastardisation of the emperor's vision?

#NotMyPrimarch

Maybe a bit of everything. He's certainly the guy who can shake everything up the most in the Imperium, and the one with the drive to actually do it.

He might be tempted to, but Guilliman isn't as retarded enough to start a civil war in the current climate

Probably just the head of the Ultramarines and successors. He'd probably recognize the need of a 'civilian' government, while there are so many military matters to deal with.