/swg/ - star wars general - grey jedi edition

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

terribleminds.com/ramble/2015/09/07/star-wars-aftermath-reviews-news-and-such/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Making a new jedi for my first game of force and destiny. Should I put my last characteristic point in brawn for damage soak or one point in agility to make my aim/stealth/etc better. Though I'm already a shadow so my stealth is going to get boosted by that, but I'm not sure how good damage soak is for later stuff.

How many points do you already have?

4 in Will and 3 in Cunning. I'm getting the extra XP from obligations. Gm is making me take those, it's a mixed party game.

Oh I should mention human.

Hey No Disintegration supplement is out today. Anyone got the pdf?

Gonna probably be a bit. There's only physical copies and I doubt someone is sprinting to the store to buy a book and cut it up to copy. A cool user might grace use with some choice pics though

What's your role? Are you planning on going full Jedi early and fighting in Melee? That brawn will be key to effectiveness and survival. More of the infiltator? That dice will probably be better used in agility to boost your stealth further and improve your ranges capabilities. Boost dice like sleight of mind are ok but you will probably want a 3 or 4 in an attribute if you want to be decent at something

>Afraid of commitment edition
Why?

Why is grey jedi a thing? I get it if they were some of the 'fallen' who left the order and got a bust put into the library, but even then, why even use the word jedi anymore? Its now cannon again that their are other force cults, and they each have different moral codes, so why even continue to call yourself jedi, especially since you arent one?

Choose to be some nomad adept that learned from the baran 'do sages or from the Ang-Tii or even a reformed witch from dathomir that never joined the night sisters (since not all their force users become sisters)

In a universe full of force users, find a cult you like, that supports whatever character you are making, and play it, instead of all this grey jedi meme trash. Its like 'grey jedi' is becoming the new chaotic/neutral alignment with the title: 'i aint afraid of muh feelins anymore'

I built an illusionist force user for my last EotE/FD group so i went White Current. It was great because i was still the im special force user, and i didnt have to flip shit about moral codes like some goddamn paladin.

Alright, thanks user. I'll go with Agility then.

Jedi are dead. There's nothing to stop one from taking up the name for their cult.

Also remember that characteristics are more valuable at character creation than traits or skills.

Yeah that's why I've been really trying to get those right, some others in my group weren't worried about it but I told them they can't buy them later so they reworked their stats.

>OP pick for ants compressed five times and filmed through a potato edition

>Peace is a lie, there is only [nonlegible text]

Dead? Really? Obiwan, yoda, Kannan, Ezra, Luke, for the current cannon.

but in the past dwpending on your choices of what is and isnt cannon, at least 3 to 5 hundred survive Order 66, and about a third more die in the purges for the next few years.

See: shaak ti, roan shryne, quillan vos, asharaad hett, and about a dozen more named people. Including Altis and his band of merry misfits, and Kruhk and his ship full of younglings.

An impressive number of individuals, trained to manipulate the fabric of reality manage to do just that and shut the hell up until luke and the other big 6 end the empire.

Its not dead, its not even close.

The jedi as an order, not every last member.

Yeah the order was dead until Luke reestablished it on Yavin IV

How? Once again: its teachings, and its members continue. They even remain semi-active in galactic affairs, the just dont have giant resplendant palace/temples or senate seats anymore. Its like saying a religion that undergoes persecution dies because they no longer get to stand on street corners screaming at you.

Remember that lucas also based this force crap on his views of the catholic church he grew up in. Order 66 is equivilent to the roman purges of the christians under Nero. And much like the church of olden days, it waited until the seat of power was held by a sympathetic ruler before reemerging, as the jedi order did under the New Republic in oldcannon, amd seems to have attempted to do in current cannon.

Here just for you guys ;^)

Would this mean they would attack jedi if the balance was threatened?

>Chaos, yet order
So only bipolar crazies can become grey jedi?

Sound about right.

Being a grey jedi is about using the force to its full potential. The Jedi and Sith are wrong. In order to use the force to the greatest extent possible you must be able to wield both sides of the force. The defensive abilities of the Light combined with the offensive power of the Dark is an unstoppable combination.

"Grey" Jedi still called themselves Jedi because they still adhered to most of the Jedi teachings. They just disagreed on Odan-Urr's turbo-Vulcan bullshit. Based on Jolee's words and actions, they still fall in line with the pre-Urr Jedi Code. They are to the OJO what Protestants are to the Catholic Church.

I find it weird that he kept his marriage and training his wife a secret when there was a few Jedi running around with families.

The KOTOR vidya did a lot of weird things. Lorewise, it's only a few decades after TotJ but suddenly everything is reskinned PT bullshit, waifu-hating OJO leadership included. I don't remember much about what happened during the last bits of TotJ, but I don't recall that many Jedi having sticks up their asses yet.

Honestly, Bioware Star Wars writers in general are weird. TORtanic has a Jedi Grand Master who has a goddamn husbando and child, while at the same time giving the player Dark Side points for not shutting down a budding romance in the Jedi classes' starting planet.

I'm gonna try balancing taking hardcore drugs and being a balanced, healthy individual. This will not have catastrophic consequences on my psyche at all and those around me surely won't suffer.

>saw Rouge One for the first time yesterday
>mfw that Vader scene (you know the one)
I know it was a bit of gratuitous fan service
but GOD DAMN

This is a result from people misnterpriting balance to mean in the yin-yang sense of light and dark together, or people who just think the sith are too cool to ditch from the setting

You can dumbass. Most US fighter pilots took speed in order to increase their reaction times and improve their piloting.

Now my question is, how the fuck are the IG-88s able to use glitterstim?

How useful is a Tech in a 3-man squad? Worth taking?

Yeah it's well made. Haven't seen the bad guys portrayed like that in any other star wars movie outside of the animations.

The Sith, and later, the Jedi, we're the source of the imbalance. The Sith in their quest to use the dark side to conquer the galaxy, and later the jedi as they strayed from their old traditions and fueled the conflict of the Clone Wars. Anakin brought balance to the Force by destroying them both. If the dark side was the source of the imbalance, then why did it awaken with the light side after decades of dormancy in TFA? If the dark side truly is a corruption of the force, then the prophecy of the chosen one was complete bullshit if the corruption came back only 30 years later.

>then why did it awaken with the light side after decades of dormancy in TFA
Dark Side shit sells well (Vader merch, Maul being pushed constantly in marketing, etc.) and most writers are incapable of writing high-ranking Star Wars villains without shoehorning Dark Side shit into it.

How have you managed to go 2 months without seeing it?
Dunno about 'fan service' except maybe for Evazan and Ponda Baba, but the overall impression I got from it was that someone was paying close attention to all the little bits and pieces that SW dorks will take notice of. The fighter squadrons, things like Vader's actual armour being very close to the Ep4 version, how the stormtroopers talk and what they talk about etc.
About the only things I'm kind of iffy about are the use of CGI Tarkin and Leia, it wasn't bad, but maybe they could have written around it or cut scenes differently.

Yeah, Vader is basically insecticide for anything living

Are you actually mad about the force being in Star Wars? Darksiders have been the cause of every single galatic war in the Star Wars galaxy. If you want big bad mundanes go watch Star Trek.

The Force is Eastern in philosophy, but they picked the wrong metaphor.

It's based on Daoism, the Light side IS balance and harmony, the Dark side IS, selfishness and chaos. It's dualist but there's no middle ground, that's the misunderstanding

>Implying Dark Side characters aren't a massive cash cow
And ever since the announcement by the TFA team that the Sith were gone, I was hoping to see more spotlight on evil mundanes, yes. Stackpole and Allston showed us, through Isard and Zsinj, that even regular Imperial officers could be complete bastards with large power bases. Hell, Thrawn got his galactic crisis rolling even before he picked up C'baoth. I wanted to see more guys like Mohc, Zaarin, /swg/ Sienar, and Trioculus.

Isn't Bendu a middle ground?

Anyone have any good links to websites for Star Wars soundtracks/ambient music aside from youtube? DMing tomorrow and want some good mood music.

How you use the force is entirely individual, but this conception of gray Jedi completely makes up the idea of balance. You can carefully use the dark side for its power but it had consequences and it's never a balancing action.

>blackwashed Pellaeon

gonna off myself lads.

The light side does not exist.

There is The Force, the Dark Side is a corruption of the force.

Good
You will not be missed

In EotE/AoR/F&D? Very. No-one likes their ship falling to pieces, or triggering all the alarms because you didn't have a slicer with you.

Nucanon seems to disagree

>Disney does strong independynt black womyn
>somehow this is okay

kys.

Both Nu-canon and old Legends canon disagree with this idea. That was a very old idea of Lucas that no longer matters, not in Legends and especially not in Disney canon. It can be your headcanon sure, but it sure as hell isn't how Disney are doing it and how Legends did it.

Are they really doing this?

Yeah, just read Cuck Wendig's Aftermath trilogy. Actually if you want to spare yourself the pain, don't.

This is your headcanon dumbass.

>The trips of truth
This truth hurts.
Why the fuck do they have to take established characters and then change them around completely?
What the fuck are they gaining by doing this!?

Name one time in the films where someone refers to the Light Side.

I would hasten to add that the character isn't solely in the Aftermath trilogy; she is also present in the Kanan comic books, as well as the Rebels prequel novel (which explains how Kanan and Hera met).

Let's see what the author had to say about--
>And if you’re upset because I put gay characters and a gay protagonist in the book, I got nothing for you. Sorry, you squawking saurian — meteor’s coming. And it’s a fabulously gay Nyan Cat meteor with a rainbow trailing behind it and your mode of thought will be extinct. You’re not the Rebel Alliance. You’re not the good guys. You’re the fucking Empire, man. You’re the shitty, oppressive, totalitarian Empire. If you can imagine a world where Luke Skywalker would be irritated that there were gay people around him, you completely missed the point of Star Wars. It’s like trying to picture Jesus kicking lepers in the throat instead of curing them. Stop being the Empire. Join the Rebel Alliance. We have love and inclusion and great music and cute droids.

(By the way, the book also has an older woman, a mother, rescuing a man. So if that bothers you, you might wanna find a bunker for hunkering down. And I dunno if you noticed, but the three new protagonists of the movie consist of a woman, a black man, a Latino man. The bad guys all look like white guys, too. So many meteors. So little time to squawk at them.)

Oh. Oh my.

>strong independent black woman who is still working for the villains
>acts as yet another counter-argument to the "Empire is skin color supremacist" bullshit claim

Don't forget sexist, too, user.

>only films are canon

TFA now kys

That, too. I don't see what the problem is. Black woman admiral is proof that antagonists can come from all walks of life, and that you don't have to be white to be working for the bad guys.
>Blue grand admiral
>Samoan Baron that /swg/ desperately wants to be canon
>Pre-defection Finn
>Brown Kiwi clones
>Brown-looking extras playing ANH stormtroopers in Tunisia
>Allegedly Maldivian Death Troopers
>Gray Inquisitor
>Kubaz informant on Tatooine

I don't know if I should read the third one coming out. I mean, I'm already in too deep may as well finish it off and see how bad it gets right?

Rebels... well it isn't good. I'm not even an edgy Legendsfag, it just has no consistency to it. Character arcs are picked up and dropped. Interesting characters are killed or shafted. Empire is made a joke where an ISB Agent (supposed to be loyal to the core) is a Rebel informant and Stormtroopers aren't elite but just mooks for Rebels to kill.

Why the fuck does it matter whether the Empire is white supremacist or not? It obviously isn't, it was never shown as such. It was even clarified that was just one edgy dude on Twitter with no relevance to canon. You don't need an independynt black womyn to justify this.

You could take a bullet for the team and then later on tell others how bad it gets.

Anyways, was there any good parts in those books?

>Character arcs are picked up and dropped. Interesting characters are killed or shafted. Empire is made a joke where an ISB Agent (supposed to be loyal to the core) is a Rebel informant and Stormtroopers aren't elite but just mooks for Rebels to kill.
Filoni cannot make a sympathetic villain without having them swich sides. Pelleaon still best Imperial.

[Spoiler]I like Rebels [/spoiler]

>stupid argument starter OP because there wasn't enough on how grays don't work and aren't real last thread

user, you misunderstand. That's a direct quote from the Wendigo. Here's the link, if you feel like getting more mad:

terribleminds.com/ramble/2015/09/07/star-wars-aftermath-reviews-news-and-such/

>Pre-defection Finn
Pre-defection he was a janitor. His first and only mission that actually involved being a bad guy he shot zero times and did nothing. That's hardly an antagonist.

So do I user, but I don't like some of the choices they made. Sabine would be better as just a random Mando girl than being what is essentially royalty, I guess disney needs a Mando Princess too. Also, way to shit on my favourite type of fighter in the training episode. Fuck you Kanan. Kallus and Thrawn are pretty cool I guess.

To be fair, Rebels is a kid show. The production team probably thinks it would be a bad idea to show impressionable kids a sympathetic but loyal member of the guys who are supposed to be the Axis Powers.

Every enlisted person in the infantry is a janitor half the time.

Why do people keep acting like this means anything whatsoever?

I liked the Rebels prequel book, it was largely about Hera using her twi'lek wiles to seduce Kanan into joining the rebellion.

>storm trooper
>enlisted

>first order trooper
>enlisted

Really fired my neurons, there, user.

>Pre-defection he was a janitor.
Welcome to the grunt life.

>he shot zero times
That fucking sucks, Trombley. Did your recruiting officer tell you you'd get to shoot people?

Mas Amedda was pretty fun I guess... and yeah I'll do it.

Sorry lad, it was intended for I completely misquoted.

Pic related

"There is no good without evil."

That's where this all goes awry. It's not true. Grey Jedi then are like Evil keepers? They tend Evil but don't let it flourish?

"Oh that's enough Evil now."
"Just the right amount of Evil."

Ugh.

"Enlisted" is a word that here means "not an officer". It doesn't actually have anything to do with whether you willingly signed up.

Someone post based Pablo's truth bomb

So what would be some priority targets when you are part of a boarding actions against a capital ship?

Reactors, bridge, hangar and escape pods pop into my head first.

What else is worth destroying or securing?

Mission would be either capture or sabotage/destroy.

Weapons batteries, navigation, central computer, engines if you're capturing in mid-battle.

And what you said if you're sabotaging or destroying it.

>grunt
>signed up
It's not related at all. First Order stormtroopers are trained since birth to kill and nothing else, they're not just civilian volunteers.

Not to mention, there are less than zero good reasons why they shouldn't have droids doing all of the janitorial duties. It's not like it was a forward base, just get a space roomba and a space toilet cleaner.

I really like how they are handling Thrawn. And I feel that Kallus' defection if believable. Season 2 showed that he has always had doubts deep down, but was loyal because he felt he had no other option, so it is not like this just came out of nowhere.

For every x amounts of lives saved, gotta kill y amounts of child orphans. Gotta keep that scale balanced.

Haha dude I wish command actually thought like you... I would have loved not cleaning the shitters that I wasn't even allowed to use.

But seriously, the cleaning thing makes sense. Not only do you not have to spend money on dedicated janitorial staff (and run the risk of infiltration via that staff), but you can also have something for all those rank-and-files to do to keep them occupied, not thinking about their status, and out of trouble. Saves money and extra security.

>I really like how they are handling Thrawn.
I know he's muh long game, but he hasn't done anything but lose all season, and unless all of phoenix squadron and chopper base get wiped out he'll leave at the end of the season having done nothing, and I'm not sure they're willing to go that far.

>engines
cant believe I didn't think of that

> navigation, central computer,
would these be the same?

>Weapons batteries
I can see these being pretty valuable targets, especially mid battle.

Thanks user, helped me clear my mind about some objectives I can set next session.

Hyperdrive if you can get at it. Cargo hatch if it's a large hauler.

To be fair, most of the time he is purposely letting them escape, for whatever reason. I do want them to find a way to make him not seem like a failure in the end though.

It took The Clone Wars a bit of time before ramping up the mature stuff, if Thrawn makes a huge comeback that ruins everything they've built up then I'll be satisfied. Worst case scenario they have Thrawn die without doing anything of worth.

Hopefully, his big plan will accomplish something more impressive than killing Phoenix Squadron. Is their turnover rate still worse than X-COM's?

Not necessarily, the computer handles a lot of stuff afaik...
I'm a bit sketchy on new locations, but I do remember there being a separate navicomputer system in Legends.

No worries user, have fun!

>It took The Clone Wars a bit of time before ramping up the mature stuff
Are you ready for the inevitable ezra x sabine romance arc?

I'm more looking forward to the Thrawn x Hera subplot

Sabine is probably going to die since she'll try to turn the Mandalorians against the Empire, and with a clear target Thrawn will invade Mandalore and wipe out the Rebel sympathizers, making Sabine the worst Mandalore in their history.

>invade Mandalore
Fuck off we're full

>Sabine is probably going to die
The chances of that are astronomically low. The tumblr reaction would cripple the show.

>Thrawn will invade Mandalore
Why? The empire already has a huge base with a training facility there.

Maybe they decided to see what the hype was, and coded a digital version for themselves?