...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: →→
>two_drones_one_troll.sim
>Another_McHughs_Massacre.news
>Cased_versus_Caseless_the_dilemma.ctlg

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 7 (63% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message: "I need another crate of Eyedrones, chummer. Don't ask why."
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Running_in_the_90s.btl

>shoot straight
>conserve ammo
>watch your back
>And never, ever make a deal with a dragon

Watching your back edition:
How do your runners plan around potential sneak attacks, and work the angles to see everything that is going on, all the time?

First for cyberbutts.

By taking 3 sessions.

Drones, spirits, and agents. A million eyes keeping watch. At all times.

Sensor tags are pretty handy for that, though I'm still trying to figure out how to stop them from being looped. All I can think of is pointing them at clocks

Yekka, my Ch5 keeps having problems. I get crashes, can't launch it, nothing. 5.190 or later

>How do your runners plan around potential sneak attacks, and work the angles to see everything that is going on, all the time?
That's literally the specific job of a drone rigger.

Crash followup id = 8bdf97f1-63ec-4d77-a466-b83e820c62b5 if that helps

This

Rigger is first and foremost the Intel and the situational assessment guy.

I need pictures! Pictures of cyberpunk chicks!

Anybody still playing Boston Lockdown ? If yes what's your build/story ?

Does someone have pictures of loli street sams? I need some because reasons.

Closest I can get you.

Any good novels set in the shadowrun universe? I just finished playering SR: dragonfall and Hong Kong and I'm a little bit in love with the setting.

Not quite what I had in mind, but I'll take it. Thanks.

Hey guys. It's the user whose been GMing a campaign with his girlfriend, with sessions often resulting in her getting pissed at me.

>Took a long break cause girlfriend wanted to try the Fantasy Flight Star Wars RPG.
>Just played last night.
>Girlfriend's character is doing runs for Shiawase, targeting Ares.
>Girlfriend has mainly been looking for the elf that turned out to be traitor working for Ares.
>After a few small runs with no real incidents, Girlfriend is introduced to a 'mew' companion.
>'Mew' companion is a human whose gotten cybernetics so she could look more like a cat while gaining some feline traits as well. She calls herself Kat and likes to work 'mew' or 'nyaa' into as main sentences as possible.
>Girlfriend hates Kat, but Kat is very fast and agile, as well as skilled in various martial arts. So girlfriend tolerates Kat.
>After a few more short runs, group runs into the Elf as he joins a Knights Errant counter-strike team tasked with eliminating girlfriend's Shadowrun team.
>Kat and Girlfriend, at the same time, both yell that they had loved him and it hurt when he betrayed them.
>Trigger explanation that Kat is the Elf's wife, as in they never actually got a divorce.
>Trigger IRL drama.
>Trigger Girlfriend locking me out of the house and me having to send this from my grandma's house, who I am staying at for awhile.

Yes. I'm playing a Streetsam, like i do in every game.
Can't remember which path for the Background i chose, i think it was one of those that add % critical Chance.

D R O P P E D

Seriously, she's got mental issues mate. Like, underlying ones.

jesus, chummer
on one hand I salute you for pulling through with this shit
on the other hand, you are a fucking idiot

>>Trigger Girlfriend locking me out of the house

Kek, you fucking cuck.
I remember you, last time you had to sleep on the Couch or something like that, when you made this Elffleshdildo betray her.

She gets really into stories and campaigns. She'll be fine by the end of next week when her period is over.

Perhaps, but I like drama. I just underestimate how she'll react. Especially since it's her time of the month.

It's not too bad. At least I get a bed at my grandmother's.

lolsto

Did you also ask on plebbit for tips for your runs a few times?
I remember that there was somebody there GM'ing solemly for his GF and i suspected this to be pretty rare.

>It's not too bad. At least I get a bed at my grandmother's.
What a fucking cuck. She has no business kicking you out of the house unless she actually owns it and you're not paying her rent to live there. Grow a fucking pair, will you?

Hey, maybe he's into that.

I don't use Reddit outside of the Warhammer subreddits and Warcraft subreddits, so I'm doubtful it was me.

>I'll take shit that never happened for 500, Alex.
Every post you have made here about this bullshit story are fucking lies.

Either way you're clearly a little pussywhipped bitch. The day you actually do get a "girlfriend" don't come here to tell us about how you watched her suck Tyrone's dick.

So what was the story you told your grandmother? Because I have a feeling, "She kicked me out because I have a character in an RPG betray her," would only spawn more questions.

That is your opinion. It's not my job to convince anyone that I'm telling truth on the internet.

Told grandma that my girlfriend is at that time of the month again.

So I'm gonna be playing an Aztec tradition magic user. How often should I expect to be confused with a Blood Mage?

I think your bigger concern should be your lack of a spine and testicles.

>cyberbutts

If that's enough of an explanation, then you officially have a psycho girlfriend.

Humans - even women - are expected to function rationally at all times. Not just 3 weeks out of the month.

It's a choice to just let my girlfriend do whatever she wants. Sure, it means I have no spine and she has my testicles in her purse.

I have three settings. Pussy ass bitch, neutral and short tempered retard. I'd rather be neutral or pussy ass bitch than option 3, since last time option 3 came into play that woman called the police on me, dumped me the next morning and got a restraining order.

It's been joked about but the only time it seriously came up for my character was when there was a serial killer taking people's hearts.

Between you and me I don't see the big deal, it's like these gringos don't even PRAISE THE SUN

Anyone? The list with all of them is easy enough to find, but I'd like some pointers to the must-reads. And perhaps more importantly, if there are any so shite I should avoid them at all costs.

Eh. I'm psycho too. I'm just taking my meds to deal with it. Besides, it's not like she gets physical or abuses me emotionally. When she's not upset with me, she treats me like a king.

Besides, I doubt I can find another girl so willing to try out my hobbies and support my video game making like she does. We often toss ideas off each other. Her for her novels, me for my games. So far though, those novels and games haven't gone anywhere. But someday man, someday.

Then you need to stay on neutral setting, you idiot. Or make sure nobody ever finds the corpse.

By being a pussy ass bitch you encourage her behaviour. You need to send a message that she can't do as she pleases or she's going to think that she can.

I didn't know that people even read the Shadowrun novels to begin with.

I seriously can't believe that the fucking gringos get mad at us when we try to save the world via human sacrifice.

Anyone ever done an all awakened campaign? Was it fun?

>Any good novels set in the shadowrun universe? I just finished playering SR: dragonfall and Hong Kong and I'm a little bit in love with the setting.

All books from Nigel Findley and also the "Secrets of Power" Trilogy from Charette.
All of those are set around the time the games are set and give you A LOT of Background info.

Typical ignorant Idiots.
Don't know shit about the world but think they have it all and the first time they see a greater Blood Spirit, they sit in the Corner, crying and whimpering, instead of thanking me for saving the children from the burning orphanage.

I'm making a troll Face and for the life of me can't think of who to make as my last contact. So far I got a Ms Johnson, an Arms Dealer, Jackpoint, and a Media Mogul - I don't know who else for a contact.

Mundane or Cybered-up?

Former: Talismonger
Latter: Streetdoc

Face Adept

Have you flicked through the examples in Run Faster?

Then the Talismonger, to get Foci.

Does anyone have a PDF for Rigger 3 Revised? I know it's for sale on DTRPG, but does anyone here have it?

FUCKING FUCK
1 KARMA OVER IN CHARGEN
I CANT FIND WHERE TO KILL IT
HUUUUARGHGHAGAHGABSRH

Try checking the pdf share thread mate.

keep it?

I need to see the actual error.

Increase the stats of one of your Connections?

At the risk of sounding like an armchair psychologist, may I suggest you entertain the thought that perhaps you are not currently in a place in which a romantic relationship is healthy for you?

But seriously, I think offering small birds or whatever as religious sacrifices would be cool but it comes off really badly in Shadowrun. I imagine other religions have this issue as well, and I'm not sure what to use as a modern substitute

Learn to love yourself.

I haven't red any yet, but I'm planning to. Did the same thing when I played some warhammer games a while back. The gotrek and felix series was very enjoyable. I liked the vampire Genevieve novels as well, but not as much.

Thanks, senpai.

>women
Everytime; they literally cannot deal with things without taking it seriously/personally. OBVIOUSLY, you're plotting against her to play with her emotions, and of course the only recourse is to kick you out of the house.

Offer some critters you removed from the neighbourhood. Devilrat Hearts or somthing similiar, and maybe not in the open.

Dude, there's an internal poop tank. It doesn't get rid of it, you still have to manually empty it, it just holds more. I can not come up with a situation where you would need to not poop for 6 days. Unless you just wanted to save up and drop it on someone's lawn.

They don't. At all. They blunder right into the trap, and then accuse me of just wanting to kill their snowflakes.

What're you looking for, specifically?
Missing DLLs. Download the latest update manually from get.chummer.net and you'll be golden; some legacy issues with the update method.

The only people who will mistake you are people who are not familiar with magic. 99% of mages will know you for what you are and treat you as such.

Okay so i have this horrible idea for a character & would like to turn it up to eleven & stat it out
A technomancer who has a family, is hit hard by bad times, techie can't find a job. Turns to shadowrunning to make a buck. Catch is, he doesnt actually have a family anymore. They died years ago, he has subconciously created Sprites to look & act like his wife & daughter, his house has turned to shit, but is covered in AR so he wont see the trash & stains. Still kills himself to make money for his "family". His "wife" & "daughter" both love him, but he cant help but subconciously make them suffer so that he suffers more, i.e. his notdaughter comes home upset because another girl bullied her, & his nonwife says up at night when she "thinks" he is sleeping & cries about the families bad situation. How can i best represent this using Qualities (other than just dependants) what other horribly depresing things could i add or tweek, what could i do with the money he earns? Some caveats though, no rape or cucking, it's way to fucking overused. I dont want it to be tragic so much as just depressing & full of denial.

READ 2D STORY TIME IN THE PASTEBIN.

Caps aside its not actually a book. It starts out as a greentext and then turns into its own story. Its one of my favorite stories I've read to date and give tons of flavor for the setting.

Get that Quality from Chrome Flesh that requires you to take uppers and downers.
Some sort of insomnia might also do the trick.

I guess we could go back to being just friends but we're sharing the costs of the house since it's in both of our names. I certainly can't afford the place without her help. We've been friends for around 10 or 11 years before we started dating in 2014. So it's not like we wont know what to do if we went back to just being friends. It'll be awkward living with her though.

Myself is a terrible piece of shit. I have nothing but self hatred and doubt. My girlfriend is the whole reason I'm trying to make something of myself instead of just drowning in my own depression.

This only really started when I had her character's in game boyfriend turn traitor weeks ago. She was the most behaved and best player I've ever GM'd for up until that point.

Going to be serious, I'm tempted to just reboot the entire campaign and reworking the story cause the campaign is just getting stupid with how powerful her character is, this campaign is over a year long IRL so far and we've been playing anywhere between one and four times a week. The elf turning traitor was me trying to stop the campaign from ending but now it's just hard to challenge her.

It depends on where you are. Like, if you're in a part of the CAS that borders Aztlan, you bet your ass people will kill you on principle. Otherwise, you should be safe, esp. given that most of the azzie blood mages aren't even of the aztec tradition.

Changeling is great, if you like sappy novels about learning to accept who you are.

There's something fundamentally wrong with her if she'd kick you out over a stupid game.

And of course there's something thoroughly wrong with you just indulging her ridiculous behaviour.

Don't bother rebooting anything if you expect her to go extremely apeshit whenever things don't go her way.

So...my players have finally reached their goal. The Street Sam is now a fully fledged Cyber Zombie. They're going to be going down in a blaze of glory soon and they know it. How do I give them the biggest sendoff possible?

Why that one? Its not like hes a chemhead

This. It's rank bullshit. It's just a few lazy lines of greentext laced with memes. The only pleasure I get out of it is laughing at the anons who fall for it, which on reflection is something I share with the poster.

THOR strike called in by Knight Errant. Try to arrange it in a cool location like an abandoned refinery complex or an area of outstanding natural beauty.

>you will never be bad ass enough to require a space laser to kill

It's okay because lasers are shit in 5 anyway. It'd probably just penetrate all your armor but only do like one box damage.

THOR fires a big lump of metal with enough kinetic energy to rival nuclear weapons.

What do I want as a higher priority on a decker? Attributes or skills? or is either fine?

Money.

You want the best cyberdeck you can get.

Attributes are marginally better. You won't suck if you do it the other way around though. I'd put Resources above both, FYI.

Any really good sets of armoured clothing outside the run and gun book?

Pictured: Three cyberpunk chicks.

Nope, that's where all the best armor is. YMMV

Got a question for you, /srg/

Is it possible to play a adept/mage who is partially, occasionally, whatever possessed by a spirit? If not, what can I use to emulate something like that within the existing rules?

Yuh. Pick a mystic adept/magician, initiate, get the channelling metamagic. You'll get to retain control. Mostly. Otherwise just pick a possession tradition and go nuts.

Or, make a spirit pact (dream). When you're asleep, the Spirit is awake. And in your body.

Are these in the core book or what? Sounds fucking neat.

That's cool. I'll probably have them fight through to the target, hold off a wave or two of TacNet mooks, then have the survivors pull back as the strike gets called in.

Their next characters will pick up a week or so before all this. They'll be on a standard run and the strike will be a major complication in their run. The cyber zombie might survive and be taken in by someone with authority.

Naturally, I'll let them have some fun with their new cyber zombie before I deploy a superweapon to completely erase them.

Street Grimoire.

Thanks omae

>When you're asleep, the Spirit is awake. And in your body.

Lewd

Bullet-curving homebrew user here. I'll post my homebrew bullet-curving quality and answer some questions.
>Bullet Curving
>free action
>cost 0.5PP/level (max 3)
>when using a ranged weapon to attack a target behind cover, as a free action you can cause your projectile's trajectory to "curve" around the obstacle in a spectacular violation of the laws of physics. For the purposes of this attack, your target's defense bonuses from cover and shields are reduced two points per level of the power, to a minimum of zero.
>additionally, using this power allows you attack enemies around obstacles, albeit at a penalty equal to (3 - your levels in this power), minimum zero. If you are aware of the target's exact position, this supersedes the normal blind fire penalty.
>this power is not compatible with automatic fire

>Does it work with Bows?
It should also work with primitive projectile weapons such as bows, crossbows, slings, thrown spears, atlatls, thrown rocks, and so on
>Can I do it with Heavy Weapons, Hunting rifles, flame throwers, tank cannons, guided missiles?
If the weapon is considered man-fireable for your character, I say yes. Perhaps for a weapon your character directly physically operates, like a minigun, rocket launcher, or HMG. A tank's main gun would not qualify because your character probably can't whip it around fast enough to curve the projectile.
>Can I do it on full auto?
Single shots and 3-bullet bursts. Unless you can wave your gun back and forth 100 times a second. And in that case you're probably better off going for melee.
>Does it work with blind fire?
I included a penalty for firing around corners at enemies you can't see (3 minus ranks in the power, min 0). If you actually know the target's location, that supersedes the blind fire penalty. If you have no idea where the target is and need to bullet-curve to hit him, the two penalties should stack.
>Can I use it with thrown weapons?
Absolutely. Curving a thrown knife is pretty baller.

Does anyone know where a guy could find a pdf for 1st edition? I'm really curious to see what the original concept was like and how it's changed.
2-5e is easy to find but the original seems really elusive.

>tfw can't get chummer to work in wine

Why was I born a Mac user?

Holy shit I looked into this free spirit compact thing and it seems confusing.

Where are the rules for making a spirit pact? How strong a spirit can it be? Where are the stat-blocks for spirits? Does the GM come up with it or what?

The ritual says 'The cost of completing this ritual is in Karma equaling Force x 2 of the spirit.' Does this mean I just pick a force (limited by Magic x2 like it says in the core book for summoning), and just pay Force x2 karma for it?

What is going on? Am I a moron?

I can totally see my grenade chucking baseball adept player having too much fun with this. It's going to be interesting.

Because we let gays breed, and the concentrated faggotry produced you and Richard Simmons.

Is it not in the pastebin? Beware, a lot of the 1e scans are complete crap.

The skill relational web is a bit more convoluted than 2e's, but that may just be the layout.

That's what it says.

Then what? Just pick a spirit type? Maybe I'm overthinking it.