Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Culture Shock Edition:

When was the last time you or someone else roleplayed out the vast cultural differences that can happen between a character and their environment, or even the cultural differences between characters? Have you ever roleplayed ethnic differences, or even stereotypes?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1h12HxmJ8Y6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wasn't there going to be new avowed stuff this week, did it drop without any big announcement? What was the new stuff supposed to even be? I sure hope there was more subpacts, especially for Self Pact.

2nd for guns r bad.

Because user
Players will never survive if you actually put your back to it as GM to kill them

I'm playing in a game where the DM is giving us a free gestalted prestige class of our choice. I'm playing an Oracle, and for my prestige class I chose Evangelist- that means I get Aligned Class, but there's no point in taking it with Oracle because I'm taking Oracle levels side-by-side with Evangelist. So I needed to take a single level dip in another class or else I'd be wasting the Aligned Class feature, and I picked Sorcerer.

So we just reached 2nd level, and I'm taking my Sorc level. When we reach level 6, the Evangelist-gestalt will kick in, and the level after that Aligned Class will start going. But until then, I'll only have one Sorc level, which means just two 1st level spells known (on the Sorc side). I know one of them will be Color Spray, but do you guys have a suggestion for what the other one should be? At the moment I'm thinking either Charm Person or Grease, but am open to other ideas. I offer swanky-looking rings in exchange for advice.

My current Oracle spells are Cure Light Wounds, Murderous Command, and Bless, FYI.

But I'm not a particularly good DM!

That just means you have even bigger risk of outright killing them by going too hard on them

But in this module I've been running they've only had one seriously challenging encounter! There's like no tension!

I played an elf that was adopted by dwarves. For the most part, he was a walking dwarven stereotype, but except that, you know... he was an elf. I didn't get to play him long enough to really get into the ethnic stuff, but it was a lot of fun and all the other players liked him a lot.

last campaign I was in I tried, but everyone kinda just rolled their eyes, ignored it, and focused on "boohoo my wife is missing" all the time.

Did your players choose easy mode by making their characters so strong?

Guys! Guys!

Who do you think is going to have the biggest culture shock out of the Rise of the Jade Regent characters when they go to the Land of the Linnorm Kings? Tian Xia?

I don't understand the "a bloo bloo bloo, my character might die" attitude after level 4-5 or so. Once you reach those levels you have the money to afford resurrection by some means. People get offended that their character might be in any form of actual danger. Heck even at low levels the only real issue is just how fragile you are.

I understand that attitude in other systems, but in Pathfinder I just can't fathom it. If you want to play with no character death then why play D&D or one of its derivatives.

People will argue "I should only be able to die at points of high drama". Honestly that fucking sense of entitlement is one of the major reasons I stopped GMing for randoms.

>Once you reach those levels you have the money to afford resurrection by some means

I don't even like resurrection at those levels, I just love the gravitas that comes with your character getting bloody murdered after becoming so close to the party after months of gaming.

In two games I ran I removed death as a meaningful consequence and it turned out pretty well.

I'll do least shocked instead.
>LotLK
Corwin
>Hongal
Seht
>Minkai
Onryou

>mfw Corwin shows everyone the sights in Kalsgard
>mfw Onryou in Japan
>mfw Seht goes to the Land of Horse Archers and discovers he's a prodigy even there

And hey, if they go to Magnimar Valeriya could show the gang around!

why is that anime girl so shit?

I don't think I've ever seen an opinion so objectively WRONG.

I don't even know what that anime girl is, or what show she's from, just that that gif loop looks moronic and like something straight out of a CSI episode about weaboos

Kobeni is best girl.
... well okay best girl after Yukikaze.

>Fluffy closes this sunday
>one trap
>one titty monster
>one small to medium girl
>one non trap guy
Whos getting in?

Who are the cutest Celestials?

...huh. Did Seht come off as a prodigy? I wasn't going for that, the horsemanship and archery was supposed to be a Shoanti trait.

Seht's going to be level 12 when the party stumbles into Hongal, that makes him a better horse archer than 99% of the people in Hongal.

Also, gestalt.

Nobody. Whole thing was bait from start to finish.

Just saying, but Sorcerer is kind of a waste, since action economy issues will prevent you from taking full advantage of it.

You'd be better off with, say, Magician Bard and taking the Harmonic Spell feat, and then you can use the spell-boosting Magician Bard benefits and your Oracle spells at the same time.

Why is Transformative Familiar a mythic ability? It seems like it would be perfectly fine as a feat.

The same could be said for half of the things that end up being labeled mythic.

Right, but the leveling is a result of experience, not inborn talent. He's supposed to be a spiritual prodigy, what with being touched by Desna, but not a physical one.

Stop tearing my compliment apart, you silly goober.

Character Advancement is abstraction
Character growth can be anything you want

Stop making me doubt how well I can convey thoughts over text!

Last session.
Yes.
Yes.

Kotomi is best girl. Always kotomi.

Any good programs or apps for managing characters and spells?

>managing characters
PCGen. It doesn't have all of the latest books (think it's like a year delayed) but it's good for basics.

Lyrakien azata

Notepad.exe?

I mean, what exactly are you trying to do?

Are the non-PbP RotJR games voiced or text only? Are they going to be recorded for our enjoyment?

If you're willing to pay money, take a look at Hero Lab. They license the books from Paizo so stuff includes the full text and original names, and they're generally up to date to about a month or less within the current books.

Keep track of gear and remaining spell usage.

text over IRC, maps over roll20

>voiced

Never.

N E V E R
E
V
E
R

I wish I could share my voice with the lovely people in my party, user.

>Hating voice

WHY?

>say the game is over text
>this means I hate voice

?????????
The GM wanted to do a game over IRC. And?

I might just make an Excel spreadsheet.

>assuming I'm lovely
>assuminh I'm not actually a dog on the internet

I imagine most anons are ashamed of their voice or, like me, don't have mics.

vocaroo.com/i/s1h12HxmJ8Y6

Link related. This user hated the way his voice sounds on vocaroo. Imagine hearing this describing how they brutally eviscerate the goblin with their +1 Longsword of Maiming and Extreme Murder Holy Shit Like Serious This is Serial Killer Stuff Like You're Just Chopping Up the Body Parts Now For No Mechanical BenefitS Other Then Your Sick Perverse Pleasure What's Wrong With You.

What's so bad abou-
>his
Oh.

That or all the anons that pretend they're girls - and I don't mean their characters - and then you see balding beardy mc'adamsapple on the webcam and you're reminded "identifying as" is bull.

>lewd game
>voice
user...

I think some of the people on here honestly do not understand...

Does anyone have the list of stuff Paizo talked about for Starfinder?

I was in an RL game with this big turbobeardguy once, and he came out as trans. I tried REALLY REALLY HARD to not be unsettled, but when this guy the size of two of you shows up with a padded bra and doing his best falsetto it's just... oy.

>Aranha knows nothing except about her home town.

I fucking know, right?

It's like I say: scribble Real Ferrari all you want on the hood, that shit's still an '86 Lada.

So! Who all's excited for the weekend? Any big plans, game-related or otherwise?

ROTJR STARTING!
I AM MORE HYPE THAN MAN!

SLEEPY GODDESS PICKS IT"S PLAYERS ON THE 4th!

That's tomorrow bitches!

Who else comfy hype?

It's like I say, you can't tell what's under the hood from the color of the paint.
Also; don't talk about shit you don't understand, and especially not if you're going to make a stupid analogy to do so.

>mfw someone just submitted an application that uses the same gestalt build I was planning on using
>mfw it is uncannily similar
>mfw I can't blame applicant for stealing it because he didn't steal it, my idea just wasn't original enough
>mfw my application is dead in the water before even submitting it

I want to be mad at him but I can't even blame him for applying. He's got good taste.

>don't say what build or game
user plz

>literally pointless comfy for the sake of comfy
>started an even more retarded wave of /pfg/ games
I'm not.

You're just an autist who can't appreciate gaming for the sake of gaming. I bet you rage quit games if anyone deals more damage in a round then you.

Tell me more about your high DPR ratio.

What part exactly did we not understand?
That some big guy with more beard than I've ever managed to grow expects us to keep a straight face when he tells us he's always been a woman?

>tfw wondering if I'm that someone
I'm sorry user. Maybe we can work something out? Be siblings, maybe?

>wanting something more than the vague and tenebrous concept of "muh comfy" means you only care about combat

Okay. I deal more damage in one round than the rest of my party does in two. Doesn't matter because we understand how narrative structure works and that doing nothing but jerking each other off about how cute we all are would get boring after one session.

Let me guess. You're one of the six symbiote slayers for assassins game who got buttmad when DHB applied.

Let me guess. You're that guy that keeps slobbing his knob?

This, which is ironic since plenty of viable comfy campaign concepts have been posted around here.

Sure, concepts.

Name five that were anything more then just "concepts."

REGENTBOWL CONFIRMED

GET FUCKING HYPE

The fact that people got buttmad when someone applied first with the same class combo is asinine.

The party are a gang of hedge knights traveling from tourney to tourney in the hopes of winning glory and, more importantly, a liege lord.

Ok who had that list of pfg games

None of them are worth joining.

Don't bother.

A mediocre game is better than no game.

You poor, poor soul.

Do not go down the path I went.

Let my suffering be the lesson for you.

/pfg/ games are not worth it.

Yes, a mediocre game is better than no game.

But no game is better then a /pfg/ game.

Do not let my suffering be in vain, user.

I was going to make a young man of high prestige that moonlights as a pretty dancer and secretly does good deeds and lewd things. A rebellious follower of Desna, Black Butterfly, and Arshea. I was working on a Warlord/Bard or Warlord/Vigilante for Wrath of the Raunchy but I spent way too much time searching for pictures and trying to figure out the details of the build.

Nope, but I might try that game next with something not-so-lewd.

Then every new locale shall be a wondrous new adventure for little spooder.

>no game is better than a /pfg/ game
You heard it here, folks, /pfg/ games are the best!

Literally the opposite is true

No game is better than a bad game. A mediocre game is about equal with no game. Anything above mediocre is better than no game.

>mfw I just want to play in a game
>mfw I never get picked in any of the games posted in /pfg/
I'm pretty much to the point that if I don't get picked for any of the games currently recruiting, I'm just going to leave Veeky Forums.

Ehh, don't worry about it. I accidentally stole someone's character archetype and someone else's roll20 user name because I deliberated between 3 different builds. Just go for the vig/warlord build and differentiate it with less punching or something.

Running a non degenerate game with my friends on Saturday, gonna be lit

>mfw tonight comes and goes, and there isn't a session for RotJR

I have been in the "honorable mentions" for every game I applied to. It makes me sad.

Run your own game faggot

Well you got that going for you though. People like you, your characters or your designs. The feel obligated to mention you, even if you don;t make the selection.

Of the games I've applied to, not a single one has even remotely mentioned me. Which makes me think that my style or genre of character isn't popular, appreciated or desired in the games posted around here.

But I can't play in a game I GM. How new are you?

Not a witchhunt, merely friendly memery.

How would you rate DHB's characters out of 10, which do you think is the best? The worst? We have:
>NTRDwarf
>NToRacle
>Old Spy
>Punch Fattery
>Gun Monkey
>Moon Hopper
>Asmo-Fish
>Weird Triplets

Which has the most meme potential? Who are the best written? Punch Fatty top tier in my opinion, NToRacle bottom tier.

I don't give a fuck because DHB is just one player out of many.

What character do you want to talk about user? Lets talk about them.

U-Umm...

What player do you find interesting? We as a thread can look over people's sheets and back stories.

Now is not the time or place to start memeing another person!

Let's just meme the same guy then!

No! Stop! Don't meme anyone!