EDH/Commander General

Tiers R 4 Queers Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, so?rted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Topic
What is a pet card you try to include no matter how efficient it may be?

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/depala-nascar/
deckstats.net/deck-12147076-ca6aad82c7a3cd93450ffbb5255c586f.html
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-lich-king-and-master-of-zombies/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is Atraxa fun to play?

yes

Anything Phyrexian is fun to play.

>What is a pet card you try to include no matter how efficient it may be?
I wish I had the heart to include inefficient pet cards in my decks.

If I really want to include one, I just convince myself it has a real role in the deck.

Ban when?

Two thousand and never

This is the format that allows you to use power 9

Reposting cuz new thread

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/depala-nascar/

Huh, with the exception of the more expensive cards, this list is surprisingly similar to mine.

You should check out Mine Layer, goes with Dwarven Blastminer rather well. And maybe Marshal's Anthem for post-wrath effects

>That quote

I don't see a problem.

t. shelnut manering

Yeah, god only knows how hard it is to get artifacts off the table.

I need a deck that doesnt get boring and is at least somewhat viable in a mid-level competitive/75% meta. Don't worry about the budget.
Recommendations, friends?

>Want to make an Atraxa deck
>Most of my playgroup gets incredible tunnel vision and targets anyone with a spoopy commander so I can never play one.
>tfw

Zedruu not-grouphug not-chaos.

Play Atraxa anyway and pack their shit in.

I need the biggest, most explosive, "this card ends the game now" cards in blue and red.

What do you got for me /edh/?

This happened to me with Gitrog.

>Put commander on table
>ignite the hatred of every player at the table.

my frog just wants to eat some lands man.

It's alright, user. Plenty of people are bad at Magic.

Steal yo shit.dek

It will be different with each new deck you play against

Be careful what you wish for, Big Brother Wizards has been very ban-happy recently

wincon

I don't even need to get my commander out. They just see which deck I'm playing and instantly go at me. I don't even put gay combos in my decks.

mob rule
cyclonic rift
clone legion
warp world/scrambleverse (usually mass-scooping)
world at war
omniscience/enter the infinite

Stop posting

Why is tharsios tier 1 and reyhan and silas renn like tier 4?

I bought a playset of Copters during Christmas time just for daddy Wizards to ban it like a week later.

Unlucky.

What. Timer twister is power 9.

Because it's a shit list

Lol. Happened to a friend with both Pod AND Twin. I don't recall those cards being 11bux each though...

Yours probably hurt just as much because of the price

wizards doesnt decide commander bans

Not that guy, but I'm thinking of making a steal yo shit deck with pic related.
What are some good cards that could fit into this sort of deck?

Memnarch? Isn't he the king of Steal yo shit?

"allows you to use the worst card out of power 9" != "allows you to use power 9"

Timetwister only becomes broken with the other power 9 cards, and even then it doesn't work reliably in EDH because of 99 card singleton

It is still a fuckbusted card by any metric

>timetwister isn't broken
People actually believe this

anyone got decks that don't try and win, but just to try to fuck up everyone's shit?
my favorite is mogus

Expropriate lategame is generally fucking amazing.

It's far from the auto include status of the others though. Timetwister is busted in decks that make it busted.

Shes fun if you play with people who also durdle around and have dick measuring contests.

Unless you're playing the stax version. Then it becomes an objective "yes".

deckstats.net/deck-12147076-ca6aad82c7a3cd93450ffbb5255c586f.html

Any thoughts on my Alesha deck?
If/when I do get around to making it, I'll probably sub out the $10+ lands that I don't already have for other lands, as well as Sneak Attack and Serra Ascendant.

Yes, I've loved my Super Friends deck. Getting Doubling Season out with her is nuts, as is Jitte.

>Walk into LGS
>Dig through bulk bins for a bit
>Find another guy idling around
>Ask if he plays EDH
>He's got a Zur deck
>I die a little inside and reach for my Daretti deck
>Draw Sol Ring Monolith and Strip Mine in opener
>Go Mountain Ring Mono
>T2 Strip his land and play Daretti
>Cast Wildfire a bit later
>Watch in horror as he pitched durdle cards that make Zur unblockable and shit
>Slowly realize his Zur deck was nothing like what I expected
I've just murdered a poor, innocent LGS player using his bargain bin cards with my most competitive deck and feel awful.

Forgot to add to ignore the printings of the cards.
I'd probably go buy the cheapest non-white-border versions of them all.

You're like the cop who shoots a kid carrying a toy gun.

>Non-white border
Why do people hate the best border color for tech?

Some people don't like the way the white borders ruin the aesthetic.

jalira is very bad purely because of the tap cost. it makes her incredibly slow. playing actual polymorph effects like proteus staff, polymorph, mass something or other, etc, along with a better commander is a better idea.

you are probably one of those fucks that, mid game, "i didn't know that was a combo, guys look at that! ja! I'm amazing"

there is an abundance of commanders in all colors dude. just play something not op if you really want a not op deck. even the exceptions where the cards is specific as hell, think uril, no matter how many pet cards you have in there

I dont know I usually fuck every ones shit with Nekusar and if they dont have any healing sometimes I win too.

Kaervek is fun

>everyone at 10 or less life total on T5

>keep making decks because the ones i make never seem to click just right
>at 14 decks
>just become angry that no matter what deck i make it never feels right
>just dump all cards that i like for 1 reason or another into 1 deck not caring about synergy or how good the cards themselves are
>suddenly everything clicks

i lose more often now but at least i actually enjoy playing.

Winning with jank just feels good

>I enjoy things I enjoy
Why is this such a hard concept for so many people. Not trying to bag on you specifically, but I see this all the time.

>it's busted in decks that play blue
Fix'd

What are your guys hopes for the next commander set?

A commander that aggressively promotes Boros stax

Personally? Either more Walker-Commanders (expecting 2 color this time) or more 4 color commanders that don't fucking have Partner. (Nearly every Partner was a giant let-down. Ludevic being the biggest of the lot,)
Also, more RW non-combat-oriented commanders, more like Depala.

Realistically? Probably another 3 color lot to go with what will likely be a 3-color block of Amunkhet (expecting 3 color Shard God cards from this "Trial of the 5 Gods" thing and that Bolas is one of them (not a God card himself, just a Walker card, but the other 4 would be Gods))
Also, RW will be combat based.

Also, Captcha ate my image.

I just want a new gruul or golgari legends myself.

Partners could become interesting if they print a couple more of them. The more they print, the higher the chance of interesting synergy even if they're individually boring.

Are you actually retarded?

Thats what you get for playing Cancer Standard

I want to play Bant, but I dont want to flicker things or be an asshole. Who is my commander?

Your waifu a shit

Group Hug: Angus Mackenzie, Phelddagriff

Offense/Combat: Jenara, Asura of War, Rafiq of the Many

Politics/Stealing: Rubinia Soulsinger

Lifegain/Soul Sisters: Treva, the Renewer

Jenara. She promotes Voltron, but also just bant goodstuff.

Nekusar is my go to shitbirding deck. I could put healing stuff in but instead i play cards like mogis, everlasting torment, and machesas decree

im thinking about putting a shit ton of dual lands and bullshit in a jeleva and just run her with some haste enablers. top jank?

>Treva's promo card art
pure sex. no other dragon card has even gotten close to the awesomeness of that one

I dunno, I prefer Balefire dragon.

I personally always liked Moonveil Dragon

this card isnt even hard to deal with honestly

im actually brewing mogus right now, the whole idea is to make my opponents pay life for literally everything

>dies to removal
What a story

>He's scared of a 5 drop artifact with no immediate game impact

Better watch out, I've seen some people with Alhammarret's Archive in their decks, too. Spooky.

Can confirm Scrambleverse actually says "6RR You win the game".

I've had tables sit through Warp World's and not scoop.

In fairness, Archive is a winmore card while Engine is a win card. You're right about everything else.

If I gave my commander protection from creatures aura/effect, it can still get the bonus from Bastion Protector, right?

Protection from creatures means "can't be blocked, targeted, dealt damage, or enchanted by creatures"

the ability does not target

Correct. Protection only cares about Damage, Enchanting, Blocking and Targeting.

Bastion Protector does none of those.

Thanks anons.

Simply ask them what their strategy is next time.

>doomsday pile/necropotence combo
Darietti never forgetti.
>Oh it's a secret user ;)
Something mid-tier, expect mild shittery.
>any nonstandard strategy
Whatever you want, it's not optimized
>Oh man be prepared I built a really good control/beatdown/aggro deck, you'll like never win
Casual shitter detected
>Any mention of mld, stax, the phrase "soft lock" or "hard lock", or mention of 2 card wombo combos like Mike and trike
Darietti.

It's clear that most people in these threads use tappedout for decklists, but what exactly makes it special?

My first try at a Sidisi deck. What do you guys think? Or is this good as is?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-lich-king-and-master-of-zombies/

Well known, easy to use, good tools.

>I need to build a draw package for a red and white deck
>my budget is $200, I already have all the cheap looting effects on red
What should I buy? I need at least 8 more cards to finish my nu-avacyn deck.

I made him but it was totally anticlimactic, none could cast a spell because tapping lands, casting spells, attacking, starting their turns and drawing cards would hurt them,

yeah I have a deck I love, always affects tge board, has won 3 games in the last 4 years. that's the entire life of the deck.

Mind's Eye
Scroll Rack
Land Tax
Sensei's Divining Top
Jayemdae Tome
Liar's Pendulum
Staff of Nin
Tamiyo's Journal

Liars pendulum is pretty spicy, holy shit. I have a copy of the tome, is it actually worth running, or are the other options just that bad? That list is actually obtainable, particularly since I have a top and scroll rack already. I just wish there was slightly overcosted read the bones in white.

God, that art makes me so fucking sad. The shit that happened to the angels in the whole SOI block makes me so fucking sad.

Only thing before that was this depressing was phyrexian angels.

with white and red, you don't have many options.

You can even try Candles of Leng instead of the Tome, but its still a gamble in EDH. (basic lands for example)

GUYS! Is this spicy anti-token tech?

Why not run Virulent Plague and be done with it?

>Pay 0 and Tap: Tokens can't attack or block this turn.
I'd say so, user.

But Atraxia was satisfied with her Compleation

Man, I'll splurge and set it up, but every time I look at building Boros, I always get distract by jeskai then give up because the mana base will be so fucked. Any spicy reanimator tech that isn't feldon or suntitan? Maybe I'll just spam loot effects and control enchantments...

>cantrip enchantments not control
That's an oddly specific auto-correct. Maybe I should also include some ghostly prison nonsense instead of gratuitous violence/dictate of the twin gods, like I originally planned.