Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Abaddon assassinated edition

Last thread >THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR, IF YOU ASK FOR IT, PLEASE FUCKING KILL YOURSELF
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=4cA_VKgWzSQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (We've managed to lose the book on Ynnead)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

music.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGzY-ihqWc&feature=share
youtube.com/watch?v=qF6xdUAuPHY
youtu.be/vF33EJ85-1I?t=40
youtube.com/watch?v=HC-pSBJoEVg
youtu.be/m0F3K3jX-yA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The storm has gathered! Vect will herald the culmination of this galactic cataclysm! First for the Dark Eldar! Long live the Dark City!

Drazhar *nods towards you*

First MAYBE for ULTRABOTS, ALL HAIL OPTIMUS GUILTYMAN TRYING TO COVER UP A SHADY PAST. HE DIDN'T TOUCH THOSE RECRUITS.

The problem with giving Space Marines shit is that you either have to go with something super generic or give something to every chapter, or some will feel left out.

Case in point: My Imperial Fists-playing ass, literally every Iron Hands player.

So is GW going to find a way to bring back Sanguinius, Curze, Ferrus Manus and the other primarchs that are almost certainly dead in some way? Because it seems unfair and unlikely that some legions will get their primarch centerpiece and others won't.

Really sucks that the lore written years and years ago about the Heresy doesn't match up to GW's plans nowadays.

>literally every Iron Hands player
What? Having the best Chapter Tactics, Relics and Formation options isn't good enough?

ork update when??

Yvraine is cute

Well, Big E can rez Ferrus as a force ghost.

Despite his infamy, Chapter Master Smashfucker is not an actual special character, and he doesn't provide any lore or insight into the chapter.

Salamanders reporting in, you could use me as a salt mine at this point

Ugh... I can't believe I'm saying this but I miss 4th edition.

I'm giving it until 8th and if it's not to my liking I may regress to another edition.

>Sanguinius
The BA are literally cursed to feel his echoes. Sanguinor has been kicking around for a while. I'll be surprised if he doesn't wind up somehow grabbing Sanguinius' consciousness and turning the Red Thirst into Alpha Legion-tier "No, I'm Sanguinius".

L I V E S
I
V
E
S

who do you guys think are going to feature in future gathering storms?

I mean, there's got to be a Triumvirate of Chaos one along the way, which means hopefully new Abaddon if they don't just squat him, and other than that they have a massive range - maybe a new demon character, maybe a L&TD character instead of a CSM for once, maybe a fallen primarch (the lion or mortarion) - except all these new models have been character sized at the most.

Then following previous trends Tau are going to get their own book. I remember a new Shadowsun leak a while back and even if that's not true she's probably a fair bet. Apart from that I'm really, really hoping for Anghor Prok or a Vespid queen or something, that'd make my fucking year, instabuy.

I would hope Orks get their own book but they're probably going to roll them in with the other xenos that are left, for one necron, one ork, one tyranid character. No idea what any of those would be apart from maybe Ghazzy.

Then we're done. tldr my predictions are:
>Chaos: Abaddon, Mortarion, Lion el'Jonson
>Tau: Shadowsun, Anghor Prok, ?
>Xenos: Ghazzy, ?, ?

I also think they blew their load way too early with a fucking loyalist primarch and he's going to be hard to top.

I look forward to seeing a conversion without that shitty headdress.

LONG LIVE CHAPTER MASTER SMASHFUCKER,THE LOST PRIMARCH

sonnies+daemons. Good or bad for casual play?

I really can't to see the battle scene between Roboute and Abaddon. If the rumors are true, and Abaddon falls, then it'll be really interesting seeing the storyline for a second scouring type scenario/interregnum period where Roboute consolidates power under his new Imperium.

It's a trilogy

Ghazzy needs to be and look like a monstrous creature.

So on a scale of 1 to 10 how hideous is the new Rowboat Girlyman model?

I'm going for a solid 13.

i want her feet to shit in my mouth

Reminder that the Night Lords theme song has been found at long last

music.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGzY-ihqWc&feature=share

FAQ:
>Dubstep is gay lol?
Dubstep suits many chaotic factions as it is fairly chaotic
Also this song is hardly Dubstep

>I listened to three seconds and I thought it was shit?
No, you are shit. Try lasting longer than you do in bed next time, before giving a review

>If this music isn't to my personal taste, does that mean it is the wrong song for the Night Lords?
No

>ITS NOT METAL I CAN SHAKE MY NECKBEARD TO????
Metal music doesn't suit most new-age Chaos, this isn't the 80s. The Night Lords have evolved a lot in the last 8-10 years, so get on board or fuck off. Metal only really suits World Eaters, even then, probably Hardcore.

>My Emps Children love the shit metal though!!!
No, your structured music would bore them to death. Please read current fluff, not your 80s shit

>LOL LOOK MY SHIT SONG ABOUT BATS OR LIGHTNING IS FUNNY
*Pat pat* nice original joke, friend

who will be stronger: girlyman or Magnus? Methinks Magnus was strongest Primarch because he could fuck up entire armies from long way away, but will geedubs agree?

he's my favorite of the big centerpiece releases

I like it with the helmet on, reminds me of a Contemptor dreadnought dressed like a giant marine.

To celebrate the aeldari coming together to stop being separated asses I made this list.
How is it?

The chest and groin look like a starcraft marine. But I still like it.

Seems like it'd be a fun list to play, with and against.

Define "Strongest". Girlyman has more tactical acumen, Magnus has the ability to fuck up all sorts of weak shit but only the weak shit, Angron is unquestionably the best hand to hand fighter, Horus is the best all-arounder...

You make being a Night Lords player more embarrassing than it already is.

>Conversion
>Clipping off head-dress
If you consider that converting, your army must be very boring

Agreed, should at least be Primarch size given how Orks grow.

Can't take a palanquin of nurgle with the mark of tzeench, and pretty light on bodies. If anything happens to Magnus you're in trouble. Might be a bit swingy for casual play, with Magnus either running train or being inneffectual for his substantial points cost. I'd still play ya though.

>No idea what any of those would be apart from maybe Ghazzy.

Tuska You know you want it Veeky Forums

the other options are the avatar of shitty fluff and the living saint of many breakable and fragile pieces

grandpappy smurf is ok

2? I think they went overboard with the white accents in the armor but otherwise I think it looks bad ass.

> The real Night Lords theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=qF6xdUAuPHY

>It's a trilogy
They said everyone would be getting something though.

yes it is and thats how i like it.

well i mean magnus could cause the most damage. Angron can't kill millions because it would take years, Magnus could just blast the cunts to smithereens.

>Night Lords not to your taste
>That song not to your taste
>My post not to your taste
Thanks for more evidence of that songs perfect match.

Girlyman will probably be more useful. He'll definitely be as scary in melee, most likely provide s ton of buffs to your army, and will probably be pretty damn hard to kill. Wouldn't be surprised if he has some sort of protection against D and removed from play stuff after the hellfrost incident.

Yeah
I want The Beast mark 2.
I very much want it

fek i wanted a disc. will fix

See last point of FAQ, this applies to you.

It is personal insult sometimes that they don't update Orks. Bryan was mad for Orcs and Orks and Rick was a fan as well. Shame.

guilliman?

magnus can psychic up a lot of shit, but guilliman made sure his soldiers weren't overpriced garbage

>Next part of Gathering Storm comes out
>Good news everyone! Imperial Guard are getting new sprues!
>Check out these awesome new guardsmen sprues, wow don't they look good?!
>Grab them now for only 5 for $69.99!

I genuinely can't wait until they do that and eBay floods with cheap guardsmen and I can finally field conscript blobs without selling my kidney/s.

Do you mean good update, or just an update? Because those answers might be very different.

Khorne orks has so much potential

youtu.be/vF33EJ85-1I?t=40

This song represents how I think of you.

but seriously who gives a shit

i mean an update where i could make a reasonable army list without it being like 2500 points for shit that should be 1850

Been away for a few weeks and missed the new releases. Who is this butch looking eldar and the other two? One dude riding some souls and a red edgelord looking motherfucker.

did anyone else notice this? May we be seeing Warlord Titans appearing from thin air again?

the pain is real...
>overpriced
it is the truth that is the most painful

Isn't Ward back at GW?

Was this all his plan?

Who did it better?

Nice song, thanks friendo.

>Angron is unquestionably the best hand to hand fighter
Both Horus and Sanguinius were stronger.

youtube.com/watch?v=HC-pSBJoEVg

this is my theme song whenever you make this post

GW, for including a helmet.

>Frogs

M8, let memes die, fucking hell.

Definitely forge world

that shite on the right is the most comical overdesigned Age of Sigmar piece of shit in the range

Meh I am going to buy recast new Girlyman and stick that helmet on Forgeworld one.

Hmmm, that's a tough one.

On the left we have something that makes the Ultramarines almost respectable as a legion.

On the right we have a StarCraft II extra.

So in terms of fluff an ogryn will turn an ork into a nice green and red slurry in close combat, right?

How would an ogryn stack up against a normal spess marine in hand-to-hand if both were neither armored nor armored? Or a bullgryn with power maul and brute shield against a normally equipped marine?

This

They do different things.

>not the song called Bat Country
>by the band who's logo is Pic related

youtu.be/m0F3K3jX-yA

what is this postmodern paintjob bullshit

>post
I hate to say it, but GW's looks more primarch-like
He's in motion, his armor is overly detailed but in a way that makes sense in the setting and that is basically just gilding all over, and the pose is more action-oriented. He also just *looks* bigger - Without to scale, FW's could just be a normal dude, and the way he's holding that sheath just emphasizes that for me. The flaming sword in one hand and the poewr fist / bolter in the other looks like he's gonna fuck some shit up with things that aren't meant to be sheathed like some human fucks made it.

bogan frogs are my weakness. I am a meme necrophiliac/mancer I guess

No worries, glad I could provide you the feeling of some heavy emotion inducing music.

ogryn are almost warboss-tier in physical stats

a naked marine COULD do it, but he'd be hard fuckin' pressed

> Blue Table Painting level 8.

Hey I paid $100 per model for that.

See last post of FAQ.

GW.

"oh it is so over designed"

Can you cunts actually hear your supposed thoughts? No you are Parrots. That model is superior to the bland as fuck FW one any day.

>spend ten thousand years fighting space marines acting like you're hot shit
>suddenly guilliman's back and he's carrying the emperor's fuckoff fire sword
what do you think that chaos man was thinking when he first saw him

Whoever that guy is he is painting his whole army in one go and well who wants to do that? So they sit WIP in all his games

Well, enjoy them if that is your idea of cutting humour.

Lorgarpepe

How apt.

I think it's called WiP (Work in Progress)

Fixed the Palanquin buissiness and made the herald better at the expense of the sorcerror

>what do you think that chaos man was thinking when he first saw him?

At least I die as a resculpt.

Probably how shit the challenge rules are in 7th edition.

>Opinions
Some people don't prefer stupidly proportioned stilt legged models.

I do remember trazyn saying he and guilliman were friends.
Perhaps that's why he took creed. To gather all the tactical geniuses together.

I'd actually love it if it turned out Trazyn was telling the truth. Especially if it was during rowboat's childhood. I don't why, but the image of a young guilliman coming home and telling his mom and dad about his adventures with trazyn that day, and them treating it like some imaginary friend and never realizing their "son" is actually playing with a 9 foot tall millions of years old death robot who has a knack for purloining anything and everything.

It just makes me chuckle

>That model is superior to the bland as fuck FW one any day.

And you're an easily amused plen who wants flashy neon messes that ruin any sense of aesthetics

shit taste, and it's terminal.

also look at his fucking legs, it's almost WoW-tier levels of scaling

m8 flashy neon messes that ruin any sense of aesthetics is how 40k designs work.

Forge World sculpted a figure of a statesman warrior. GW man a gaudy Frankenstein's monster.

>gaudy Frankenstein's monster

That's pretty much what primarchs are meant to be.

Avatar of Ynnead (That finally happened), The Visarch who used to be this bitch's teacher, and this bitch who is the prophet of Ynnead because she's walked so many paths of the Eldar./

>it looks bad on purpose!

40k is postmodernist art, user's got it all figured out

ok