/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 10 (1d20)

The Fire Rises Edition

JoJo references are a reference on themselves Sub-Edition

500 posts and the thing hasn't even started yet! Are you ready? I know I'm not! A LOOOOT of stuff in the previous thread >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/emdin/
imgur.com/a/ZMubo
imgur.com/a/iBIRP
youtube.com/watch?v=ocW3fBqPQkU
imgur.com/gallery/4ajBW
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FOUR HOURS UNTIL THE WEEKENDER BEGINS!

HYPE!

can't fucking wait for info about adeptus titanicus

>every other Legion is the weapon and the Primarch is reserved for only extreme situations
>Space Wolves are just a collective angry delivery system to drop their Primarch into the party and wreck face

why?

Leave Russ to me!.

will that be covered here as well. Or is there a stream?

How does this look?

Night Lords Terror Assault - 2000

>HQ
Praetor - Tartaros
Paragon Blade, Lasers, Halo, Trophies, Teleporter

Command Squad x5 - Tartaros
Pair of Claws x2, CF, PF, Axe, Autocanon
Teleporter

Damacles Rhino

>Fast
Dreadclaw

>Elite
Veteran Squad x10 - Machine Killers
Melta x2, Vox, AA+Glaive
Legion Drop Pod

Veteran Squad x10 - Machine Killers
Plasma x2, Vox, AA+Glaive
Legion Drop Pod

Contemptor Dreadnaught
Chainfist, DCC, Grav x2

>Troops
Terror Squad x10
Volkite x10, AA+Glave

Terror Squad x5
Bolters, AA+Glave

Terror Squad x5
Bolters, AA+Glave

The Dread goes inside the Dreadclaw, One of the small Terrors goes in the Rhino, and then the other small one either outflanks or camps an objective.

If someone will stream the twitch stream for us, we can all take part.

What the fuck is this thing? The Kharon-pattern Acquisitor?

Yes. The SoS Transport.

Expect better pics in a few hours.

If Angron eats Leviathans for appetizers, then Leman Russ should walk all over them.

The madman!
He's going to explode!
He's going to be crushed by a giant power fist!
And both will look FABULOUS at it!!!

Does anyone have a list of what force org slot each Talon of the Emperor unit goes with? A lot of the pictures don't include them.

Also thank you to everyone who has posted pictures from Inferno.

SoH/LW user here possible i could get some help with an orbital assault list? namely in how to use veterans in what ways i should be using veterans in drop pods

Also, do we have any info about the SoH that apparently were part of the Censure Host?

From the scars point of view he's doing alpharius a favor

IMGURS

titan guard
/a/mG9rp/

Thousand sons
/a/tnSyz/

Space wolves
/a/rAyQq/

Emperor's Talons
imgur.com/a/emdin/

Stuff I have opened right now and I've not yet gone through them
imgur.com/a/ZMubo
imgur.com/a/iBIRP

Russ just has a +2 Str axe with sunder to deal with vehicles. Which is good, but not amazing.

Models in B2B with him suffer -1 to hit though, increased to -2 if they're in B2B for more than one turn. Corax GTFO, we have a new unhittable primarch in town !

>namely in how to use veterans in what ways i should be using veterans in drop pods

What is their role in your army?

Do you need anti-armor? Melta weapons and Machine Killers

Are they killing infantry/big meaty things? Sniper, bare or with Missile Launchers.

Weapon Masters if you want to spice it up but normal vets are good enough vs most troops.

Lorgarmort you should go out more often.

You can hit Corax, you cannot shoot him
But you cannot hit Invisible Magnus with -1 to hit either!!

Jesus fuck, Inferno really is OP.
All of it.

So if they ever do an animated series about the HH, Kingsley must be the voice for Amon, juts like Mark Strong must be Guilliman's voice?

Man, they could have just given Grey Slayers option for special weapons. Combi-weapons cost an arm and a leg.

That's what he gets for bringing MkVII to a 30k game.

You don't have to field Magnus. Hell, you don't even have to take the psyker powers on all your squads.

Beep Boop that makes me fucking hard
Srsly.
900+ posts.
I'm not ready, I won't survive!
Whoever has a good voice, really.
I don't really remember how Kingsley sounds, you know, and faces aren't really tied to voice tones.
I like voices a lot.

You don't have to bring the sword of double wounding. Hell, you don't even have to take the +1I BA RoW.

You don't have to field three Medusae. Hell, you don't even have to use the Ironfire for precision template placing.

really is weird.

YES! YES! YES!

Bring them tiny titans! I hope they have plans for plastic box set followed by resin titans!

Whats the best choice for TS Terminator CCW? Lightning Claw is cheapest and easiest choice for shredding infantry, but chainfists seems particularly expensive on them.

explain for those of us who are dumb

TZEENTCH NUMBERS SAY IT TRUE

INFANTRY WHEN?

It seems the whole point of the Space Wolves Legion list is to field meatbags around the Primarch, as opposed to fielding useful supplements which could augment a Primarch. Its quite underwhelming without Russ, actually.

SW are basically loyalist WE with more access to power weapons, their legion rules are ok but their primarch is killy as fuck. Without Russ, who has crappy Sire rules, the Wolves are just average but the sheer killyness of Russ might give them an edge in battle.

thanks anons

Am I the only one who thought this when I saw Valdor?

For standard terminators the same applies as for all other legions.

For the TS specific terminators : you give one per 5 a chainfist to deal with vehicles, and keep the Force Weapons on the rest of them. Because ID regardless of tougness is strong af, even if just to deny FnP.

This is from Discord, from an user who watched the demo game they did Friday Evening

WARNING:: In coming stream of notes i gathered on Titanicus

Okay first off news that you already heard:
1 box set, enough titans for 2 players, ruleset, dice (including special dice for markers etc) and some terrain (possibly ofc)

Then they'll be booster packs released along side it. Simultaenously they plan and it will include the contents of the box.

I sense this will interlink with the force-org plan for how to play the game. The rule book (intended to accompany the set currently) has some preset force orgs, and they plan to add more in the future.

One example, which i just about manage to hear in passing conversation between FW employee and a fan was the "Myrmidon" (Myrm sometihng for sure) - from the brief glance it was 1 warlord, 2 reavers and 2 warhounds (likely as a minimum) - warhounds themselves can be in units of 1 - 3.

How this intergrates with knights I dont know. Knights are intended to either act as skirmish line/cannon fodder however they are very potent on the flank - if you let a band of Lancers hit your reavers flank you may very well be dead, similar story for Atrapos.

Handling units of Knights will likely be easier than handling Warhounds (if cohenercy is a factor) because Knights have no limitations on how they may maneuver with their arcs. Yes, moving includings rotating if you are a titan. The larger the Titan the slower the turn rate and other such.

I actually wish I brought a trio of knights instead because then I would be able to learn alot more about the game. I'll probably try to bring an aAtrapos and 2 styrix next time they do an event like this. Easier to carry for a start!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS ANYMORE!
Auric traitor-removers!
youtube.com/watch?v=ocW3fBqPQkU

Speaking of the Styrix - Titan scale Volkite is in! This certainly means the rule is in, no idea if it will be on the true Titans (will find out sunday) but given they wish to expand on the Titan types (No info just yet but its been stated previously) we can expect to find it then. In the past (eg, July iirc) Bligh has been open to adding Volkite weapons to the main stream warhammer titans - apaprently people have asked for Phosphex too but nothing yet.

ONTO THE GAME ITSELF.
Mechanically i was not able to directly play the game but I paid as much attention as I could whilst taking photos, and I think I have a pretty good perception of it. Conceptually its clear as crystal (sans knights but its easy to imagine the game with them)

Imagine titans as something of a giant battleship. Vehicle so vast they have armour differences for each location - Legs are actually quite strong on most titans. This is done because most things a titan fight will be attacking from below and you might imagine that titan vs titan combat, gettingyour leg blown out is badnews.

(The rules are for a certain FW. They even have a similar layout (but a blueish tint instead of red) to the book. The models themselves im not sure, will likely find out sunday)

However, not as bad as getting your fucking face shot up. Which happened on at least two occasions that game.

If your void shields are down, and your hit in the face, you can expect your moderatii to die and your MIU's severed.

A reaver titan may expect to survive about 3 bad hits to the face before being destroyed if memory serves me right (it had also been beaten up bad before)
You may be fearing "oh fuck alphastrike city" but you'd be very wrong (at least if your a titan, not sure on knights as none took part). Multiple reasons for this and I will explain the conceptual part first;

Ranges matter ALOT in this game. First turn only Apoc launchers and Volcano cannons were in range.

>Force Weapons

Oh fuck, now I have to buy a bunch of sword bits for my termies. Fuck this life.

I'm more hyped about this than anything else.

I keep seeing The Kurgan in Valdor.

kek

Wouldn't Force Axes work better?

(The titan weapons seen, turbo lasers, plasma blastgun, sunfury plasma annhiliator, laser blasters, melta cannons and inferno guns, all weapons that were not in range turn 1 (aside from one instance of for laser blaster/turbo laser i'll get to that in a moment)

Onto mechanically why: the game is done in phases like 40, however each "turn" each sides roll a D10 (yes the game uses d10s!) for initiative.

The side with the higher initiative activates a titan first.

For example (there weas a phase before this, which was not done in turn one, i;ll check my actual written notes soon) Team 1 moves a warlord titan. Team 2 moves a titan of their choice and so on.

Once all titans are moved, we enter the repair phase, where the tech priest on board will begin to repair any current damage. This can be stuff such as plasma reactors leaking etc. Then its damage control ; are these leaking system causing bad effects? what means are being used to dampen these?

I'll go back to more specifics once i've covered damage because its quite important.
We enter the combat phase after this. Naturally this where (most) the attacking happens.
Titans cannot split weapons without giving an order beforehand (more later). First you roll to hit as per usual however other factors are taken into account; dead moderatii, range (seemed to be for certain weapon types) and cover all adjust these values to hit.

Then, the enemy rolls a void save. This is dependent on how many void shields they currently have operating. Shields tend to become less effective as the game goes on due to systems being damaged and the shields being bombarded so less are operating at one time.

Once the enemy has no shields (or they fail a save iirc) you will begin hitting them.
This is where things get interesting. the old familar D6+Strength, then a bonus if you flanked (there didnt seem to be side armour for each component. Probably for the best otherwise we might have 3 values for each damn piece and there are alot of pieces)

Then your total is compared against the various thresholds for that location. Normal, Critical, Devastating

Normal, obviously, just does damage. Critical and devastating you roll on tables.
These cause additional damage as well as special effects. Devastating ones tend to be permanent - such as a plasma reactor being blown open or a crew member being heavily wounded.

Thats the essence of the game. There are of course specific for deaths of a titan.
One such result is a rather understated "silenced" - crew is dead, perforated beyond function, but stands tall and remains on the board.

Another is "laid low" the titan scatters a short distance, then you roll for the direction it falls

Of course more dramatic explosions exist.
Before all this however (im not sure it applies first turn, it may of just been to help familiaries people with the game to skip it first turn) is Orders Phase.

Each titan has a number of orders. These include: Emergency repairs (bonuses to repairing but you either move, or shoot - you'll actually do alot of moving in this game. ALOT). Stride - immiedately move (iirc) but again, you must either move or fire.

There was one more orders but alas it was not used. OH WAIT. CHARGE.
Charge; move. make immiedate attack.. you may of course make another melee attack later.

They would, but then I would have to buy from FW no I'm not buying Chinese or cut and glue bits together myself.

Melee combat, from what little i've seen is absolutely viable. A reaver punched another 4 times in the face, causing 2 criticals, forcing the enemy titan (which had a chainfist!) to back off like the Treasonous Legio Mortis pussycat it was
(Yeah repair was after move)

So how do you do orders?
Well if your the Princep Seniororous (no idea how to spell bullshit latin), you pass your order automatically everyone else makes d10 command checks.

Fail, and well, many guard players know what happens next; no more orders for that team.

We now also have something familar to Battletech players; heat! In this case its the plasma reactor.

You can boost certain actions by powering up your reactor.
For example movement can be exchanged for a better value that is listed in brackets, special rules of some weapons (for example laser blasters can be used to overpower a shield) can be activated ,some weapons require powering (Belicosa's for example)

Plasma weapons can be outright simply improved using reactor power, though the boosts do not work against void shields because of how these weapons work (so much like tabletop, void shields are countered by chaffire, though some strong weapon types can defeat them)

Another use is boostingyour shields. Declaring power to your void shields (it done per instance of weapon fired, so not like jinking) gives you the ability to reroll 1's.
So one believable tactic is to spook someone into keep overcharging their reactor, eventually they will overload it and bad things happen.

Bad things include the machine spirit trying to throw you off like a pissed off horse, forcing your princep to engage in a Machine-Spirit rodeo via a command check

As I mentioned earlier; titans manuervarability is limited. This includes arcs of rotation - you can charge and rotate btw
I believe thats everything besides some loose change intricasies.

Kek, the Hoplites are powerful as balls- 20 of these guys in an armored conveyor costs 385 points, and the shooting attack alone strips off 11.2 hullpoints from anything it touches.

Not even factoring in the 41 (!) haywire attacks on the charge, it looks like these guys may become the predominate fuck-you to superheavies in the game

That is Shai Hulud

This includes no premeasuring.
Yes, currently premeasuring is not allowed. No weapon uses fantasy cannonball rules currently
If you failed to hit witha blast weapon, you scatter d10 (no direct hit)

Orders that failed - unit carries on as normal.

Voiods do not work in melee - this might be expected.
Overcharging will not (at least as movement goes) cancel your action. Unless of coures your dead.

One order I forgot, that made the game very interesting; First Fire. You fire a single weapon in the order phase, you may not move.

Points cost as per usual are the basis of the game balance (in addition too force org) weapons them selves have specifiic casts
Shields can regen, just like table top.

>End of Transcript

>it's a single unit activation system

YES YES FUCK ME OH YES FORGEWORLD

That's the part i'm not entirely sure about, the one thing I'm trying to keep in my list is a Praetor with Justaerin who will be deep striking with Combi-plas

From there though i'm not sure though. I know veterans have a lot of potential, especially when run as troops with maloghurst, but at bout 2500 points two HQ's seems a bit overkill.

Issue is though maloghurst bring a a huge potential boon and if i did include him, where would he go? Normally cataphractii terminators would be the normal spot for him, but since he can't reliably join any i feel he would slow down a squad.

>Would love to make a veteran like force, but maloghurst seems out of place

Just brain storming out loud

Praetor+Justaerin is about 500
Mal is 140
Vets would be around 250+ per unit
Dreads could be helpful for pressure

Get some terminator thunder hammer and blades of your liking. High Elf or Eldar wraithblade axes might work well with TS.

what the fuck is the point of the yiff terminator unit??? i dont understand, they are like regular terminators but worse

Its not the weapon bits that the issue, its the arm joints. The only way to get left arms which CCW slots is to buy Forgeworld.

That being said, I'm kind of intrigued by the idea in pic related. Did this guy cut off a power fist bit into a sleeve?

Adeptus Titanicus sounds like a blast, thanks for the transcript!.

Now I will buy two Basilisks then two Castellax and the rest of the money will go towards AT! TITAN ON TITAN WARFARE FUCK YES!.

So am I wrong thinking that basically TS dependent entirely on invisibility to make them OP?

In order to make the psychic army work, you have to dump a lot of points into it buying upgrades or spamming lv1 psyker units

You can't have the ICs for auto sucking army so you need to have more than 1 HQ

except for the dreadnought (which is only the normal contemptor talon) all the psyker shit comes from infantry which is prone to dying.

Oh, you're doing Cataphractii.

Ok, what ranged weapons have you thought for them?

Basically every squad can get a buff which makes their job really good. For example, rotor cannon squad with shred hitting on +2, making a shitty weapon pretty gud.

Yes youre wrong.

>I know veterans have a lot of potential, especially when run as troops with maloghurst, but at bout 2500 points two HQ's seems a bit overkill.

2500pts is a ton of points, 2 HQs is ok. Mal can go inside a smaller Vet squad, leave them in reserve to score an objective late game or in your deployment zone.

If you do this and they are your troops I recommend Sniper and keep them basic, use them as better Tacticals and get something else for Anti-Tank, dreads can be an option in that regard.

Huh, that explains the Dusk Raiders' red arm.

>Started building TSons a year ago
>Have money put aside for scarab termies and magnus for months
>This shit happens
>already had 2 people from the 30k group in my area say they will refuse to play against thousand sons

Actually I'm doing Tartaros, I just came across that image just now. I'll think about it a little bit.

Don't buy the cheese shit then user.

If they categorically refuse to play you they're just fuckbuckets anyways.

1ksons seem to be similar to Guard with orders, you pick a squad, give them a power to boost their role and fire away. Theres a ton of possibilities here but I dont think they are OP until you get Magnus because while 1ksons can be deadly they are still marines and shit like basilisks kills them all the same.

yes its interesting what things use to be

>already had 2 people from the 30k group in my area say they will refuse to play against thousand sons

So it begins. 30k devolves into 40k faggotry.

but ive wanted magnus forever, of course im going to get him

Then get him and don't roll everything for Invis. Go Biomancy and beatstick things.

With tartaros using Indomitus arms shouldn't be a huge problem. The shoulder pads go on them quite well and only thing you're missing is the disk on which the arms connect to the torso. I'm using Indomitus arms for some DG tartaros suits.

That's some weird alternate World Eaters.
Yet another black legion?

>tfw my 3k custodes army will only be like 30 models and 20 of them will have 5++ rerollable invulns and paragon blades/s10 fists
itll be like matt wards grey knights all over again

That's the point. GKs are cheap imitation Custodes.

I legitimately want to go back in time and buy this

I'm probably gonna go half sanctic just so I can spout "Magnus did nothing wrong"

>no list critique because of tons of new stuff
>cant even be mad because inferno

Inferno ruined the game

40k is starting to look good in comparrison

Looks pretty standard. My concerns would be:

>lack of anti air (depends on meta)
>lack of ranged, high-power shooting (again depends on meta)

kinda looks dark navy blue, compared to black legion

We just gotta pretend the TS and SW weren't released.
>Your army is a meme
>A MEME!

>Magnus and Russ ruined the game

fixed that for you

30k went to shit as soon as mechanicum became a thing

I hate everything this guy paints.

doesnt make it any less toxic.
>oh you are running a balanced astartes list?? suck it heres 30 multi wound t5 tards with a billion high initiative ap2 s6 attacks
unless you are running s5t5 blackshields with s10 fists or spamming medusas/vinicators/typhons, custodes will just run over anything

With Magnus you probably want to roll up as many witchfire powers as you can anyway. If you roll decent that guy can almost throw out as much firepower as a warlord titan

I'll post a list in a few then, but should veteran sergeants who are being used as standard troops with marksmen, should they get the aa/pf treatment, or should they be bare bones instead?

No Space Wolves rules posted since I went to sleep? What kind of inferno thread is this! imgur.com/gallery/4ajBW

You went to sleep 47 minutes ago?

Nah then it was just the one army you know, and Mechanicum is FW models only which prohibits a lot of goons to go wild on it.

TS with Pride of the Legion however is another story. Enjoy more psychic troops than even 5th edition GK could throw at you, with actual choice in psychic discipline's as well. And then there are the Custodes, and SW aren't slouches either.

yeah TS are broken. honestly SW arent good, russ is super powerful but other than that they are mediocre.

custodes are a fucking problem, because most army lists have no way to counter them at all. like i cant even think of a way to counter them without medusas/vindicators/typhons/s10 fists. even phosphex quad mortars wont fuck with custodes, plasmaguns wont do shit if you build the army right (full of 5++ rerollable invulns).

how would astartes counter custodes without just spamming s10?