How is any of this real?

Has anyone taken a step back and realized just how absurd crypto is? People are making hundreds, thousands, and even millions of dollars by trading internet money. I'm making at least $1,000 a week off my shitcoins. None of this feels real.

Back in 2012, I was really into PPD, CPA, and PPC and I was excited whenever I got a download, which usually netted me around $1.00. I heard of people making thousands of dollars per week off PPD and I dreamed of making that kind of cash. So I worked my ass off at making landing pages, directing traffic, getting indexed, and getting my backlinks spammed on every backwoods site imaginable. But the most I ever made was about $50 a week, and I was easily putting in eight hours a day doing it.

Fast forward to present day, and I've finally achieved my dream of making thousands of dollars a week, by trading shitcoins, which only takes a few minutes time.

How the fuck is any of this real? I keep expecting to wake up from this dream and go back to doing online surveys or music reviews or whatever. Money doesn't seem like money anymore. Making $50 online was a miracle for me back in 2012, today, $1,000 feels like nothing at all.

Anyone here have similar feelings?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NxlZ-pq0oxE
youtube.com/watch?v=5hxibHJOE5E&ytbChannel=Halerman444
bankofengland.co.uk/-/media/boe/files/quarterly-bulletin/2014/money-in-the-modern-economy-an-introduction.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_per_action
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

half the fun of crypto is how incredibly autistic and irrational it is. i've only made a couple grand with an initial investment of a couple hundred bucks and i don't even give a shit about losing it because shitposting and ironybuying coins for big gains reaches a specific level of absurdity for me that personally justifies the whole thing. i hope i die soon.

It no more absurd than the shit banks have been doing for decades. The only difference is it's available to the average person.

it isn't real
just wait for 256 qubit quantum computers and the whole blockchain is fucking toast

>tfw ADA will reign supreme after quantum computing breaks most of the existing cryptography standards

>I'm making at least $1,000 a week off my shitcoins
What's your strategy?

what a great post i couldn't agree more

sometimes i get worried about my gains and losses and then i remember how retarded this is and just laugh

I feel that the absurdity is merely a result of the fact; SHUT UP AND TAKE THE FREE MONEY

Larping

>go to bed last night super confident because of my gains
>wake up this morning, head all cloudy thinking to myself, "is this really real? how long can this go on?"

It does feel artificial. I wake up feeling like I was playing a video game last night and the money I made isn't really real.

I'm thinking about taking a semester off school and working full time to put 100% of it in crypto. Thoughts? Seems so obvious to do this before it pops. If not I'm living the NEET life with only $1000 invested

Probably having a portfolio worth >10k would make it pretty easy.

That’s why first time I sold some on local bitcoins was cool. I regret selling now obviously but it was just cool to see all dem blue hunids in my hand and not just some number on my Blockfolio.

no, it doesn't

basically this.
magic internet money is literally more secure than dollars and gold.

Thats waht I'm doing lol
Parents are actually cool with it cause I've made them money with my advice

it is really easy tbvh
90% of the stories about gains are bs

reminder that Satoshi Nakamoto is the AI Singularity and all crypto markets are being manipulated according to his perfect plan.

If you’re already in school I think you should just complete it, just get a part time job. Food delivery is a very enjoyable job unless you can get payed internships or something like that.

You're not seeing 10% weekly gains? BTC has gone +147% over the last month, even if your shitcoin is vastly outperformed by BTC it's still perfectly attainable.

>mfw

This post captures my feelings as well. I was big into tycoon games when I was younger and the money I'm making now seems as unreal as the money I made playing those games.

Don't invest in Chainlink.

>Probably having a portfolio worth >10k would make it pretty easy.

You are correct. My current portfolio is worth around 56k. Could have had well more had I stayed invested in LTC and Monero. Oh well, lesson learned.

>Don't invest in Chainlink.
Hmm, I'm up 150% in the last month off LINK. Sounds like some shitty advice.

Kek

This is how they should describe crypto in front of congress.

YNGMI
These stories about people quitting their job, taking loans... it's going to end in tragedy. The ride has been fun, but it's an extremely volatile market.

would not the american ethereum be spared from such a dire set of circumstances?

This is true for any asset now. If you held stocks since 2009 you basically doubled or tripled your money, if you own property in any major city you basically doubled in only a few short years

If you bought stock in 1980 it went up 1000% in only 10 years, if you bought a house for 50k 30 years ago it's now worth 1 million

Listen to me, the labour you put into anything has NO RELEVANCE to what it's actually worth

A %40 barrel of oil has the energy equivalent of 150 human slavers working 24/7 FOR 1 YEAR STRAIGHT and it only costs $50

The energy you put into something is WORTHLESS, the stock market goes up 1% and people make billions of dollars just for holding stock and doing nothing

This is the world we live in now, you either own assets that make you money, or you toil like a slave and get butt fucked by inflation

In my hometown you could buy an apartment for 0.5k - 10k around 15 years ago, now you need put down atleast 50k-100k to get anything. It was ridiculous. This is eurodollars.

>Money doesn't seem like money anymore

Because money literally doesn't exist, banks literally create it out of think air. For example you go to the bank and get a 500k mortgage, the bank just makes 500k out of thin air and lends it out, they don't even bother with fractional reserves anymore

lmao

If I cashed out right now I have enough for a a nice house and an aventador and still have a million left over.

youtube.com/watch?v=NxlZ-pq0oxE

lol fucking idiots ruining this board.
With a 10k stack you can easily trade and live.
Not everyones intelligence is equal, anyone attempting to bet against tech will fail.

you should probably do that then, you've effectively "made it".

Nah their brains are too small to realize that, thats ok that we need these kinds of people.

Can you just be clear on what you mean by "making money"? Do you mean the value of your blockfolio is going up or do you mean that you are actually transferring money you got from selling shitcoins into your bank account.

it's a wealth transfer after decades of printing out cash, making derivatives , etc. there are trillions of dollars out there that have been made out of thin air and now they're coming into crypto which actually enforces scarcity

>crypto is so autistic and irrational. Let me go back to the (((totally safe and rational))) USD.

Think of how many people have savings on a bank account that has barely generated anything for the past couple of years. Now look at the investment hype of crypto that even your barber talks about. It's simply a massive transfer of wealth.

this is how the jews felt for decades after convincing the goy to use funny money they print with no oversight. You should consider that

by that time it is far too late my friend.
You are either nocoiner, or just cashed out 100%.
You've got tunnel vision.
What do they do after after they break crypto?
Go back to fiat?

Compared to what? The USD (currency) has been a shit-show bloodbath since 1913...

blockchain is the future, even if a bubble bursts, even if all our coins get replaced. the fundemental technology will remain and will drive many key industries. that future will be terrible, but until then, we can make money speculating on which companies today will have a slice of tomorrow.

but yeah it is weird, its not like im building anything. is it constructive to profit off of moving money around i don't know. i guess it funds these blockchain technologies and their adoption. which has some good aspects but overall will turn bad but thats a subject for another thread. it's going to happen whatever we do so we might as well profit

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=5hxibHJOE5E&ytbChannel=Halerman444

currency is just the begining for the applications for blockchain technology. everything will be blockchain. internet, credit, your medical records, research data, media, ai database, internet of things, legal contracts, government functions, payroll, item tracking and logistics, etc etc

>usd

It doesn't feel real because it isn't.

It will al come crashing down like a motherfucker and everybody will be trying to cash out.

Do yo realize that exchanges and fiat gateways are a huge MEME? , just cash or keep playing but this shit is not sustainable.

how is this different from trading in IPOs?
your gains are nothing compared to what people made in the 2000's on dotcom bubble

it actually hit me today that the money is real that i keep refreshing on a shit app

i started with $500 5 months ago and now i have $12k, thats fucking crazy that i literally have 12k from a shit 500.. if i cash out now its the most money ive ever had in my life at once and the craziest part is i fucked up selling early on so many moons i should have about 30k+

maybe im dumb for staying in when im not far from broke aside from pay days from my shit job but the idea i could multiply my 12k like i did my 500 blows me away

cant wait to lose it all and kill myself after going on a rape binge

made me cry, just bought 100k

I've made over $250k in the past 3 years with CPA and I know exactly how you feel. It feels really unfair that what I worked so fucking hard for some people now make just by investing their money in shitcoins and being lucky that they moon.

Just wait till btc takes a shit on itself then we'll be up in sats too.

from 1 network, and I work with 2 others

I've heard 70 yo women gossiping about ethereum at work.

>let's not take risks today because a hypothetical scenario may happen a decade from now
any blockchain affected by this would hotfix the problem, do a hardfork, and continue on like nothing happened. it's fucking nothing

how?

We /wallstreet/ now. Enjoy the party while it lasts.

lmao zedong

this is what I live for

to the moon, lads

we're never coming back

You really have no clue how the industry works do you....I knew I would lose brain cells coming here.

"Every man for himself and let the devil take the hindmost"
Crypto is an accessible format of speculation available to those that are most deserving of it - White Male NEETS. The dynamics of speculation in an unregulated market dealing in highly advanced technological innovations is social darwinism at its finest. Only the smartest, shrewdest, most cunning of NEETS will survive. Past manias and panics have filtered out the weak hands and cucks, and future bloodbaths will filter these out further. Meanwhile the rest of us profit.
Ridiculed and reviled for the past two decades, our time has come at last. The future will be one where the NEET exploits those that once exploited him.
The really funny thing, what really excites me, is how the government has LITERALLY funded NEETS, who have fostered right-wing views and been driven to the fringes of society, where they have come across this wondrous machine of wealth transfer, and invested accordingly.
Yet the icing on the cake remains the fact that capital increases opportunities and begets even more capital. It is an exponential growth of power.
All from monopoly money!
Salty nocoiners, wagies and normies will be the future plebeians, while the NEET will lord over them, enjoying a life of luxury, with an abundance of capital and time opening him to a multitude of roads, such as intellectual pursuits, mindless hedonism, building an empire, hoarding wealth, bullying normies, taking advantage of the poor and downtrodden, and more!
Our wildest dreams become further grounded in reality with every passing day.

What was the last thread covering this? I'm searching it :I

Has anyone taken a step back and realized just how absurd this new fangled stock market is? Men are making tens, hundreds, and even thousands of dollars by trading company ownership. I'm making at least $100 a week off my penny dreadfuls. None of this feels real.

How in the name of the Lord is any of this real? I keep expecting to wake up from this dream and go back to doing ditch digging or shit shoveling. Money doesn't seem like money anymore. Making $5 a week was a miracle for me back in 1882, today, $100 feels like nothing at all.

Anyone here have similar feelings?

(enclosed photograph related to posting)

it's online monopoly money
of course it doesn't feel real OP

bankofengland.co.uk/-/media/boe/files/quarterly-bulletin/2014/money-in-the-modern-economy-an-introduction.pdf

According to you the bank of england is wrong

>Unlike currency, which is created by the Bank of England, bank deposits are mostly created by commercial banks themselves. Although the stock of bank deposits increases whenever someone pays banknotes into their account, the amount of bank deposits is also reduced any time anyone makes a withdrawal. Moreover, as Chart 1 shows, the amount of currency is very small compared to the amount of bank deposits. Far more important for the creation of bank deposits is the act of making new loans by banks. When a bank makes a loan to one of its customers it simply credits the customer’s account with a higher deposit balance. At that instant, new money is created.

everyone made a shit ton this week OP. just wait

I got at least 500$ for the last 14 days consecutively with 5k$ buy orders

What I don't understand is where the money is coming from and why people invest in it. If you look at it from a helicopter view all of this is retarded. NEO is 2 guys posing with skate boards, IOTA will never work because iot-devices don't have the hardware to do transactions, ada is literally two months old and got memed by bittrex, chainlink is just Sergey and Rory.

None of this makes any sense. Yet the money keeps pouring in. Better not ask too many questions huh

>This is the world we live in now, you either own assets that make you money, or you toil like a slave and get butt fucked by inflation

Holy shit, everything just clicked for me reading this post. Crypto is like what all the old money has been doing in their own way for decades. Life isn't fair, so why not take the easy way.

I did not :(

>Has anyone taken a step back and realized just how absurd crypto is?
Yup
Crazy Stuff
Then i look at the planet sized burning sewer of (((fiat))) and everything becomes clear.

This.

Basically I shitpost in Veeky Forums now instead of other boards and I’m funnelling the money I would usually bet on sports into crypto.

Fundamentally nothing has changed but I’m now making stupid money.

Even the Deutsche Bundesbank agrees banks create money

>NEO is 2 guys posing with skate boards
You are thinking of OMG
NEO is Hitachi money.

It doesn't have to make sense, in Vancouver people are paying 2 million dollars for a fucking 70 year old decaying shanty of rotting plywwod and drywall, look at the dot com bubble or current silicon valley companies, billions of dollars for some silly meme app

Capital does what it wants and doesn't give a fuck

I know 150% might seem a lot. However, you've missed a lot more than 150% by not trading in following trends lol. Could of had a lot more than 150% you Linkie. Not to mention it will go down again almost 100%.

Once in a lifetime opportunity my man. Go all-in before all apps and stuff starts to get implemented in 2018

DO IT

>look at the dot com bubble or current silicon valley companies
Sure Dot Com bubble gave us pets.com superbowl commercials
But it also gave us 1000s of miles of layed fiber
exploding increases in Internet speed
computer speeds actually doubled every 18 months FOR consumers
Corisponding drops in hardware prices
AND
Phone rates dropping to the center of the earth
The (((current year dot come bubble))) is giving us the innovation of SJW filled call centers censoring little old ladies for mentioning terrorist attacks that near trillion dollar companies are claiming is AI.

>I hope I die soon.

10/10 lost my shit

Why would you buy IOTA or NEO? those trains are gone

don't get too greedy you dumb nig, you might kick your self if it crashes. Cash out some..

this is probably the best post here in the year ive been browsing this place

10/10 post mate

Get out normie.

>just how absurd crypto is?

Not so absurd once you have the knowledge that this is all a computer simulation anyway and you are a bug.

>tfw pajeet java code decided i would be an incel

arent we at least a decade away from this yet?

this post is art

for this reason alone i want all jews exterminated so it never happens again

lol

Anyone with a basic understanding of the financial system knows banks create money.

Don't go all in. They only times I have been burned in crypto is by going all in. Put in a reasonable a few grand at MOST and then trade like whales do. Putting large amounts of money on the line without having been properly trained for it will make you trade like an absolute fool.

>$1000 a week
>MFW been in this for 6 months and I just made 2k
Mom was right, I cant do anything right

>>is it constructive to profit off of moving money around i don't know

This depends on what you will do with the money.

>250k in the past 3 years with CPA
What's cpa?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_per_action

i just throw in the money i use to bet on PredictIt and ironically shit coins have proved to be much more stable income

You shouldn't invest in link on principal alone, i.e. its bag holders touted it as the next ether and it is still way of ath while everything else is seeing double digit gains each day. Faggot linker.

>hear about people using google adsense to make 5 bucks per 1k visits on their blog
>work like a slave for months while keeping up uni work
>get a blog with 150k monthly viewers running
>6 cents a day
That's when I realized that if you can put that much effort into something without being rewarded there must be ways to be rewarded without putting any effort in as well.

Care to elaborate? Is BTC Roko's Basilisk? Is that why when I buy it goes down and when I sell it goes up? Am I being punished? Is it because I made fun of Golem? We all did. It was a joke. A funny joke.