/swg/ Astroduds

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/sins-of-a-solar-empire-rebellion/sins-of-a-galactic-empire-final-release
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So am I late for the shitstorm about maarek stele and Kylo ren Show you The Dark Side? Has it been added to the bingo yet?

What's the purpose of that, to try and thin the crit pool by one for more reliable direct hits or something?
Also when you kylo do you take the pilot card from your own deck or from the deck of the guy who'll be taking the damage?

some people argue that Maarek stele is able to use STDS to slip past the shield with a crit, and instead of using the face up card from STDS to use maarek stele's ability to draw 3 cards pick a crit from that and put it on the ship without spending the condition card.

As for the 2nd question the i'll show you the dark side condition is taken from the opponent's deck.

If they allow that interaction then pretty much anything with 2 hull is going to be totally fucked and I don't think that group of ships really need more shit keeping them down.

yeah but thats if maarek can land a crit, his tie advance can get a crit with ATC but that is still not a sure thing of it going through

I mean, technically I think that works?

>When you suffer critical damage during an attack, you are instead dealt the chosen faceup Damage card.

>When your attack deals a faceup Damage card to the defender, instead draw 3 Damage cards, choose 1 to deal and discard the others.

However, I think it overwrites ISYDS, as it says instead of dealing it, draw three cards, chose one and discard the others. That only works for Maarek to deal the crit too, which is not the optimal build people are going for (it's way either with KyloRAC).

I'd wager if it's a serious issue, it'll be in an upcoming FAQ (which they should just fucking release when the Wave drops, we've known most of these abilities forever), probably to clarify that you must discard the original condition card instead.

Alternatively, it doesn't work because it's not Maarek's attack which deals the face-up, the face up is off the condition card? "You" only refers to the active ship.

Also anything with two hull is smoked anyway. RAC+Kylo+VI and any of your other flavor.

PWT gets to turn a focus into a Crit at range 1-2 for free, VI means he shoots first (probably) at PS 10 so you can use the Action on Kylo to blind, they skip attack, do it again next turn you dead.

So regen Corran and T-70s are real fucked about now.

The logic they'll probably use for disallowing it is once you using Dark Side to deal them the face up pilot card instead of the critical damage from your attack it ceases to be "your attack" dealing the card so you can't trigger Maarek.

Anyone else digging this chick's hair?

Just you.

Whoops. Somehow lost image.

Aww, thanks user. I always knew I was unique.

Her face looks contorted. I am not a fan of the lazy posterization style here. Looks like someone took a drawing and applied a photoshop filter over it.

The arm kinda looks like that, now that you mention it. But the face, helmet and hair are all good and done by hand.

Though if it does work, that encourages you to put Maarek in an Advanced with ATC on the table - something I'm pretty sure you almost never see.

Sometimes I feel like FFG is playing the very long game. Some mechanics are just duds (R3 Astromech), they're soft launches to see how bad an idea is before giving it teeth and this means some upgrades are just shitty - but other times you can tell they're clearly thinking about the strategy a couple waves down the line. I guess they have to since it takes them like a year to make an expansion.

And then other times we play the long game and how to use a ship just takes a while to appear. Remember how people said SFs were DOA? And now the SF (often with Lightweight Frame added) are starting to show up in top level lists in the regional season.

Maybe it doesn't work with maarek, maybe it does. Thats why I asked if I missed the shitstorm with it.

After all adv homing missiles works with maarek and its pretty much the same thing. Dealing a face up as a replacement ability for the attack. I've already sent an e-mail for an answer

also gives a 1 point EPT back from wave 1 time to shine to negate kylo ren's crit all together

>After all adv homing missiles

Well, that's still Maarek's attack, that's all "you". I could really see either way working.

>also gives a 1 point EPT back from wave 1 time to shine to negate kylo ren's crit all together

Also, for soft counters, it makes fricking pilot Chewbacca (old) and Leebo good, as well as Zeb. And Draw Their Fire.

I don't know if they'll get a lot of play, but methods to counter Kylo are pretty diverse right off the bat.

yeah, pretty sure a lot of what i'm reading is a knee jerk reaction to empire getting something good that isn't another ace for palpaces

Let's say Ol' Sheev kicks the bucket from space cancer, or indigestion, or whatever. What does the Empire look like under Darth Vader?

Imploded, see the Post-Endor EU.

depends which vader we are dealing with i guess.

Which I always find ironic, because people always complain about how palp flattens the imperial meta. Hux is another trick the empire will be able to use.

I mean, in general, Kylo's gonna be pretty strong - he'll make some waves, but he also has a lot of obvious counterplay people have also been talking about for forever. I personally think he's going to reorient the meta and probably create some more rock-paper-scissors effect between list types again.

But also fuck up Rebel Regen because Plugger strategies make for long and annoying games.

Yeah I agree, he'll be strong but not overbearingly so (hopefully). Its not like he is going to be the new u-boats.

More options and more competitive list is a good thing.

I want hux to be viable in a competitive setting but just not sure how well he will be used.

4000 years and we still have yet to see a better Mandalore than Mandalore the Ultimate. Really makes you think.

He's named Ultimate for a reason, I guess.

>Mandalore the Penultimate

I feel like her eyes are trying to face one way but her mouth wants to face another.

>Mandalore The Okay I Guess

>Mandalore the Hormonal

>Mandalore the Adequate

>Mandalore the like, Sorta Decent?

>Mandalore the Pretty Good Alexander, not Great but Pretty Good.

Split in a power struggle between Vader and Tarkin.

>Mandalore The Meh

>Mandalore The Mediocre

> Mandalore The Not Our First Choice

This is a clunky question, but when running Age of Rebellion and one of the PCs is using an Edge of the Empire class, how do Duty and Obligation work around them?

>Mandalore the Are You Sure There's Not Another One Around?

> Mandalore the This One's Pretty Good But He Has A Drinking Problem And Threw Up On The Cake At My Nephew's 3rd Birthday Party

You can take the starting number for Duty and split it in half to give them both Duty and Obligation. Or you can ignore Obligation and they could be lowlife scum that joined the Rebellion to use their particular skills to help out.

Give them what seems appropriate. If they're just using the class for mechanics, they have duty. If they're bringing along the baggage, give them obligation. If you give both, only let them get the advantage from one.

>Mandalore the Eeeeeeehhhhhh...

>Mandalore the A for Effort

>Mandalore the You Should Have Seen The Other Candidates

Here's how it works:

>you put Kylo Ren's Bad Side on a ship
>Maarek shoots it
>Your opponent draws three damage cards, and you look at their critical effects. You then select the one you like the most, and discard the other two.
>Your opponent discards the crit you selected, and then plays the crit put in play by Something Something Dark Side. Because Kylo Ren's Mean Streak is an "instead" effect and as such it totally negates Maarek Steele.

No need for a shitstorm, because for anyone who knows the rules, it's clear as day that they do not synergise.

>Mandalore the bureaucrat

>Mandalore the oh fuck it when's smoko

> Mandalore the Yobbo

except instead replaces what is done with the crit which changes the attack result. Unlike say wampa where you cancle the crit and deal a face down card.

Also got the order backwards there. kylo's effect goes off changing the crit into a face up damage card, maarak replaces the face up damage card from his attack into a choice of 3 cards.

They're basically giving all of Pellaeon's story to Rae Sloane. The moderate imperial, the whole saving the Empire from its demise. Same way D&D gave all of Stannis' story to Jon Snow in the show.

He retweeted pick related as a 'counter' to a bunch of cuck tweets. Make of that what you will. He is also an archetypical nu-male though, that goes without question.

Forgot the actual pic.

Now that's just immature. If this guy is being paid, he should act like a professional.

Eh, I can understand getting fed up with the "cuck cuck cuck" brigade. They're annoying and fucking relentless.

Get 5s for Fives!

So close user. So very close.

So close

It really upsets me that he gets paid for his genuinely awful writing

Actually he did get 5 fives for fives he just didn't get number 6.

>Mandalore the We Hope He Dies Within A Year

Well done

pcgamesn.com/sins-of-a-solar-empire-rebellion/sins-of-a-galactic-empire-final-release

Shit, I need to get Sins of a Solar Empire soon.

Incorrect.

Hyperwave is magical. Quickdraw and other SF ties with Comm Relay and Juke is scary.

>implying Jaster Mereel wasn't the best

DELET THIS

How to use the oggdude character creator for NPCs?

>Mandalore the Holy Kark Get Him Out of Here Already

>Mandalore the soon to be replaced

>Ancient Je'daii term for the Dark Side is "Bogan"
>tfw you finally see the real reason for why the Sith and Mandalorians get along so well
Which Mandalore had the best shitposts?

>Mandalore the neet

>mandalore the If the jedi don't get him I will

Mandalore the ultimate drinking buddy

You fucking ruined it.

Mandalore the Cunt

>Mandalore the not a knife

Is that fucking space corn?

>mandocucks
keep sucking on superior sith dick, thanks

Where else are you gonna get your corn?

Looks too much like Hillary. Reminds me of fake news.

>Mandalore the 5/10 it was ok

>Mandalore the Bulletproof

Two separate rolls. First roll to see if the characters with an "obligation" are triggered then make another roll to see if "duty" is triggered. Keep it simple.

They don't have the evade action. How are you getting an evade token onto a /SF?

The two cards are in contradiction to each other. It will get FAQ'd. But if I had to make a ruling on the spot as TO, I'd say Maarek doesn't proc, because IWSDA overrides it.

One guy at my FLGS was running pilot Kylo carrying Palpatine with a RAC with Vader. He did alright with it.

I really goddamn love the Tugboat. Unkarr is a hilarious troll, and I must have parked at least 6 ships on asteroids over the course of two games. I need to practice with him more to see if he's tournament worthy, but I played two games and lost no ships, so it piqued my interest.

Also Ahsoka with captured TIE acting as a spotter for Miranda HMs with Bodhi crew is great, but that should probably be obvious.

Anyone have the download link for the oggdude generator

So I am a bit autistic regarding the canon (e.g. I like to follow it to the letter in my games, don't even know why.)

Is it wrong to believe that out in the Unknown Regions, there might be some sort of old off-shoot of the Jedi and Sith who might still be battling - unaware of the greater changes in the two philosophies in main space?

I had set my game deep in First Order territory, and I want to establish that the planet the players start on was once the sight of great Jedi-Sith conflicts long ago, and that a relative few (like 9 or 10) exist on the planet, blissfully unaware of what has happened in the last 50 or even 100 years.

The galaxy is big, and the Unknown Regions are largely unexplored, but is it a reasonable thing? Maybe I am dwelling on it too much.

Hyperwave.

Also neat people are finding a niche for crew bodhi, I heard a lot of people say he's useless.

So I want to make a semi traditional P.I character in Star Wars and I wanted to know what you guys think of the Skip Tracer and Gunslinger combo.

Have you thought about colonist:marshal?

Seems reasonable to me, though jedi would've been able to sense things like the mass culling of other jedi, and horrific events such as the Death Star firing on Alderaan, the Sun Crusher firing on Carida or the Vong wars, depending on when it's set / if youre including old EU.

I was more aiming for the new canon. I agree that they may have felt the horrific events in the greater Galaxy, but I doubt they would know what it was. Or maybe provided basic, cloudy visions.

>Mandalore Brilliant but lazy

There's nothing to indicate that, so far. There are quite a few other Force traditions, but nothing we've been shown so far in nu-canon indicates that there are any Jedi or Sith offshoots hiding out anywhere, unlike in Legends.

>tfw you want to play a droideka, but due to droid player restrictions, you wouldn't be able to roll if you played him

JUST

Yeah, hell you could use it as an extra reason for them to stay hidden.
Perhaps they felt the clone wars, felt the purge, and the death of Alderaan a few decades later and decided "We should stay the fuck right here where we can at least preserve the jedi order in exile"

Play a droidtech or cybertech and work to transfer your body into a droidie car body.

That's acutally a great idea, I am gonna use that. Thanks user.

Its like poetry.

>a droidie car body
>Jedi Knight Rider
I like the way you think, Hasselhoff.