>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Old thread:
What is next? March is Warhammer Quest.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/A07Jt
tga.community/files/file/19-hinterlands-skirmish-campaigns-in-the-mortal-realms-by-sam-james/
youtu.be/MhgS_5r7drI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So how do the Stormcast deal with the whole "slow army isn't competitive" thing? Do you spam Prosecutors or always take the deep strike battalion?

The new chocobo riders

I've got this big chunk of wood. It's been boiled, dried, sanitized, etc so I know there's nothing living in it. I figured it might make some cool Sylvanethy terrain if I seal it up and add foliage stuff to it.

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to seal it so it doesn't rot and maybe stop little bits from breaking off it?

I think i'm finished with my ogroid. imgur.com/a/A07Jt is the rest of the pictures since I don't wanna spam the thread.

>always take the deep strike battalion?

You know literally all their battalion make them deepstrike ? Also a vexillor can TP any deathstar anywhere on the board.

So yeah it's "just" bataillons

i think u should make upper half blazing orange with nive blending in middle . This should make him stand out more

Do you mean the entire ogre or the mane? Because I think giving the body more colours would make him look weird I think.

Spray sealant?

polyurethane

you can find spray-on cans at any hardware store

you can also brush it, which will be more substantial protection, but quite a bit more work

I've got about 1k points of bloodbound now
Like, everything from the starter set + the start collecting box...
What should I go for now? I wanted to get some ranged support... what should I use, skull cannon?

i mean upperbody and i u would do that change mane for blue or something too pop out .sometimes colour teory is good to know

I find soul grinder a lot better than Skull Cannons. One shot per turn means they're very unreliable. They can be helped a lot by the Bloodsecrator, though so can the soul grinder.

If you're not too big into theme/fluff, warp lightning cannons are also great.

So like whats up with tomb kings? They just stop making the models? are they going to make new ones? Should i still Ebay a fucking truck load of skelemen?

Squated my friend
You can buy from ebay or look in privete shops maybe have got some battalion on store.

We gotta make a fucking petition or something.

meant for

I can see what you mean, i'll give it a try and come back to you guys with progress.

ew no those skelemen are mcuh too dated. Just grab some Vampire Count ones and replace their shields with casts from the Tomb King's range. Much better looking.

Am I missing something or is the new SC book not yet on preorder despite the WD's announcement?

I can't find anything other than the new 40K preorders on any site either...

Anyone got the sylveneth rules on hand? cant find anything more than point values and such.

quick test of adding more orange to him

So you killed all life in it to play with your plastic life-god miatures?
Fantastic.

Since OP couldn't be arsed, I'm posting the Hinterlands' link. Someone with not-shit connection could paste it on the raw resources post: tga.community/files/file/19-hinterlands-skirmish-campaigns-in-the-mortal-realms-by-sam-james/

Download the app or the free pdfs from GW's actual website you dingus.

Is someone here or we can officially say this thread is dead?

I think everyone's busy jacking it to Rowboat in 40kg.

Australia's awake post some shit

More like harping about the end of 40k and the beginning of Age of the Emperor. Christ, whomever leaked those images deserves to be chained alone in a room filled with mawkrushas. Toxicity is a great word to describe the current situation due to the sodium overdose.

Lazy pic because they're still wip, but this is my /AoS/ today, first 10 Bloodreavers are progressing and should be done early next week.

By the way, speaking of harping: how's T9A going in your area? Just to know how their "alternative" is going.

There are a few people at my local club (Oslo, Norway) that play 9A and KoW, AoS is growing though.

40K is utterly dead here, although that will likely change when 8th rolls around.

what should I get for an orruk army?

Which flavor you want?
-Greenskinz? Get SC! Wyvern-boss and lotsa boys.
-Bonespliterz? Buy tons of savage boyz, arming the majority of them with bows, have at least 1-2 box of everything else.
-Ironjawz? Buy 2 start collecting boxes and 1 box of megaboss and brutes.If you want to, get rid of the Gore-gruntas but, contrary to popular belief, they are decent for a starter player.

im going greenskin.
do I need a lot of heroes to boost my boyz?
was thinking having grimgor and a unit of black orcs in it as well just for adding some extra flavor

I'm at best ambivalent about Girlyman's new mini, but Cypher is gorgeous and I've been deliberating how to AoS-ify him. I figure his armor has very little visible powered elements past the backpack, so if I remove that and the two pistols I'd be on the right way. Make his plasma hand instead hold a warhammer/broadsword/maul slung over his shoulders and replace the boltpistol with a blunderbuss.

I disagree with the best model voting results. Roidrage Traumaturge should've been number one. Newfags love extremely busy and outlandish designs, there's no appreciation left for something brilliantly simple like the Ogroid. He seems like a lost classic model done with modern standards of quality. And it's a painter's dream with his tattoos.

It's always going to be a big centerpiece model. People generally prefer bigger things than little ones, even if the little ones are more impressive. Look to nearly any publicly voted painting competition.

>whomever leaked those images deserves to be chained alone in a room filled with mawkrushas.
youtu.be/MhgS_5r7drI

How big is your army ? Can any one beat 20K points? 10K vamps, 20K tomb kings

I've got ~7200pts of Stormcast, though one unit of Judicators and one unit of Fulminators are not even assembled and my Stardrake is not painted yet. Maybe the upcoming release plus my plans for a Hinterlands warband should allow me to break 10k.

only the best for Queen Alarielle

it was actually intended to go in an aquarium, but then I abandoned the aquarium idea.

>tfw you've seen no less than 3 mounguls at LVO so far

>4.36 elf units per elf faction.

>elves have plenty of models.

pick one

What is up with people mocking AoS's rules?

Why do they think we need a textbook full of rules?
Also, what's with the 3+ to win meme?

If you look at 40k, most rolls are in the 3+ 4+ range anyway.

>What is up with people mocking AoS's rules?

I know someone who knows a GW manager who just got back from the Texas GW manager convention and he said the rules for 40K aren't getting cut down. But they are adding alternative ways to play the game in the new edition.

Take with loads of salt

>Basing before undercoating
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Here's the deal: 40k rules are bad, really bad, in fact, absolutely atrocious. It's like the old FB rules - an utter clusterfuck. It's the draw of the cool lore alone that still keeps people in the system. By mocking AoS, they try to confirm to themselves that 40k rules aren't the absolute worst there are.

If you're going to slap a couple of coats of paint over your base anyway, why not undercoat it?

Skaven hired guns seems fluffy to me

It tends to pool in the cracks in the sand and make it look like heap of vomit.

no you dont.

Like this, maybe?

you kidding me, if anything im gonna put his motherfucking big ass claymore in his hand

Maybe he's fighting against mawkrushas on a regular basis (not that it makes it look better anyways)

I too am interested in knowing where the hell this originated from.

People who had no idea of the actual game read that to-hit and to-wound were fixed rolls rather than taken of a table and blew it out of proportion.

Still needs some detailing, but I'm happy with how it came out.

Lord-Celestant Gilgamesh.

very cool!

>Gilgamesh
>MoldLines

Give it some shading and it'll look even better, nice work user.

Why is the general so quiet today?
How would people go about converting a khorgorath into a great unclean one? I'd start with using some greenstuff to cover the khorne emblem on his chest, adding in some boils, mabye cutout his stomach and replace in with a blightkings one, any idea where I'd get a large cleaver type sword?

Watching vegas on twitch?

Looks good, but for god's sake smear some putty in that big shoulder gap.

>How would people go about converting a khorgorath into a great unclean one?
They wont and just buy corbax, fw guo or glottkin.
Time is money, unless you make less than 2€/hours its not worth it putting that much work into a khorgorath

Can't talk for anyone else, but the HH Inferno release is pretty amazing and the delay of the SC book annoyed me greatly.

I got a khorgorath for a fiver, I'd rather spend my downtime converting than drop 70/120 quid on a model I think haha

Give him a hand Crosshow in one hand.

He's now a Vanguard leader.

>oakenbrow glade treelord ancient with oaken armor
>13 wounds, 2+ re-rollable save
>take Regrowth spell, heal yourself d6 wounds, cast on a 2d6 5+
>warlord trait Gnarled Warrior, ignore armor piercing that isn't Rend -2 or better

trees seem... good?

Mortal wounds baby. That 2+ with re-rolls will mean jackshit to them.

I might just be a dumbass, but I can't find what's giving the treelord ancient a re-rollable save.

His Command Ability, it's only in the battletome.

But his Command Ability is whats letting him ignore rend, it doesn't say anything about re-rolls.

Oh god, found a giant retard. He went and said:

"Massive, oversized armour and huge characters aren't the trademark of AoS? Really?"

We were talking about 40k. I kid you not, sometimes people's autism is too extreme.

Please Rate my 1000 Point List:

Heroes:
> Orruk Warboss with 'Big and Brutish', 'Meteoric Hammerblade'

BattleLine:
> 20 Orruks with hand weapon and shield, boss, drummer, standard bearer
> 40 Moonclan Grots with spear and shield, netters, boss, musician, bad moon icon

Behemoths:
> Aleguzzler Gargant

Warmachines:
> Doomdiver Catapult
> Doomdiver Catapult

This list is based on the models I already own. Is it viable? Or should I get working on a box of cavalry?

Can someone explain to me why the AOS setting is appealing to you?

Mostly finished Malagor today, I'm pretty happy with him.

Looks pretty ok if a little slow. Could use a wizard and some cavalry. I recommend spider riders as they can give mortal wounds.

Orruks are superior to ANYTHING. And are competitive, at last!

Plus a slew things that are appearing as the setting is getting fleshed out. God-beasts' for example. The flesh-eater courts' lore is cool.

It's just a background for why you move models around a table.
I like it because it's way more original than the old world and it allows for all sorts of crazy things to happen and the story actually progresses unlike WFB which was always 2 minutes to midnight until Chaos finally won. I also like it because the forces of order are on the offense instead of constantly holding back evil.

Thanks for the input! I'll squeeze in a wizard at the expense of one doom diver, and find some use for the last 60 points. (Perhaps a Snotling pump wagon!)

My grots can actually reliably deal damage now so I feel less like I wasted what money I spent on them.

That's his command trait. We are talking about his command ability.

Is the warscroll on the gw website old for the tree lord ancient because it doesn't show him having one.

It is. Look in the battletome or in the App for the new one.

Speed shouldn't be an issue thanks to Rampaging Destroyers, but you'll probably want a second hero to spread coverage of that.
Hand weapons on anything but 10 orruks is a waste. Take spears instead.
Also, not really convinced by your choice of relic and trait.

In my experience most of the Sylvaneth units are basically unkillable unless by huge amount of point disparity, mortal wound spam or things that have very high rend. Treelords are the most unkillable, but even dryads can take a lot of punishment before going down.

Forces of Order on the offence for once, a sense of greatness rising from the ashes of the fallen, whose struggles are blurred with time but not forgotten

More ease of making "your guys". You can make up whole frigging kingdoms and countries (just like you can make up planets etc in 40k) for your backstory, and even for your battles on the tabletop. This really couldn't be done in the Old World because everything was mapped out.

With the Grand Alliance stuff, tailoring an army to your fluff and preferences is easy, too.

Can someone now explain to me why the AOS setting is not appealing to you?

It looks good on paper, then you play ht egame and you understand how bad it is.

Nobody is ever gong to waste attack on a fight with a 2+ rerollable model.
They are either going to snipe it in 1 turn with thundertusk, hurricanum, skyfires, or other mortal wound dealing shit.

Or you effectively are into combat with unit which are "rend -" which mean you are falling into his cheap anvil unit and he want you to stay there while you could killed something much more important and it's probably impossible to get your point back vs those zombies/ratmen

Can someone explain the Start Collecting Seraphon meme to me?

You buy the big stegadon and get dverything else for free same as in the skeleton one

Thanks, user.

Not mold lines, model wouldn't fit properly. I need to fill it up with some liquid Green Stuff though, I know.

Thank you, and yeah, I'm working on that. I just wanted to get a good picture of it.

It's a compilation of teh shittiest unit in the seraphon army all in one box of shit
You think it's a deal then realize you basically need to buy a seraphon army because all you have is a pile of shit.

I bought 2, , was flabbergasted by the shit it was then decided to sell the one i had not opened yet.
Except you know, since it's shit There was already 40+ to sell on the 2nd hand warhammer forum and nobody wanted them even at $15.
So i gave it to someone 6 months ago and he is still trying to sell it.

stay away.

I liked warhammer fantasy because of the scale and personability of it, the idea of some imperial captain protecting some podunk town from a warband of orcs or a pair of chaos champions and their few dozen followers each fighting over who gets to burn that town to ashes, or an upstart necromancer marching his way out of mousillion as he's engaged by a band of minor nobles is appealing to me. In contrast AoS feels deeply deeply flanzerized and pushed to silly scales, where KHORNE SLAUGHTER BLOODS fight over the plane of elemental light against the GOLD THUNDER HAMMER ORDER OF THE STAR DRAGONS to the point where I can't shake the taste of archetype vs archetype rather than character of this archetype vs character of this archetype. It's just such a thematic disconnect it's difficult for me to empathize with my dudes. With the scale of 40k it works because every world is still a setting unto it's own but in aos it feels too ambiguous and massive for it's own good.

as a supporter of AOS I 100% agree that the setting needs to solidify some boundries, make the smaller picture something you can zoom in on, at least you can still run an army of Freeguilders

Anyone know where I can find the points value of Sylvaneth Wyldwoods?