/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General Inferno edition again

Rolled 17 (1d20)

36" bubble of D edition.
Entire armies of infiltrating chimerae Praetors subedtition
>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gJIJ5jfhH6E
imgur.com/a/emdin/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for best tabletop game.

Second for the Emperor's Executioner's Executioner.

Second for the Titan guard radguns are kickass

Don't see a tabletop there bucko.

What a time to be still serving.

Is that the best they could do?

hilarious levels of power creep HOLY FUCK FW... sell those models !

They just have a big table.

Anyone else want to toss some questions into the pile to send to FW? I'm hoping that if we all send all of them then we might actually get some answers for once.

You mean that Russ and Magnus will get some nerfs, right? Russ isn't TOO bad, he's as vulnerable as most Primarchs to shooting, but only loses to Scoria in melee, and that's close.

Magnus is OP as all hell, a 36" bubble of 2d6 SD hits coming from a guy who can often be literally impossible to hit is insane.

Most Primarchs are actually quite balanced, really, but if this power creep goes on Jaghatai Khan will be able to deploy his entire army wherever and then charge T1, and always gets 1st Turn or some bullshit.

>Be FW
>make balanced version of 40k
>sure there's some bad shit but nothing too bad
>spend 4 times longer playtesting one book than any other
>end up with a Primarch that pumps out 36" D bubbles that can't be hit, titans that can go from one hull-point to 10 in one turn and armies of nothing but infiltrating chimaera praetors

He beats Horus in melee?

Why is Iron Circle Domitar so sex?

What boring terrain. Needs more cathedrals.

Is Magnus harnessing on 4+ like a pleb?

>3+
>need three 6s to peril
>always rerolls 1 on perils

Nope, 3+, like a champ.

Hilariously, he's significantly cheaper than his 40k counterpart but way more powerful.

Is 36" D bubbles a new meme?

Cathedrals are banned since the /wip/ incident

Chaos was a mistake.

>forgetting Assault 2d6 part

Another idea (because pouring petrol on the fire is fun!) for a good TS unit: vigilator with biomancy, just to fire the primaris power of smite with sniper. He fires 4 shots at BS5, wounding everything (even primarchs and thanatars) on a 4+, at AP2. Whadayyathink?

36" + 40mm base size, but yes.

Which would be better for a NL Terror Assault: Contemptor Mortis with Autocanons or Lascanons? I have 3 pods coming down with melta and plasma vets, but I still need some long range power.

That doesn't really seem OP at all.

>not using his 60mm scenic base for maximum overkill
pff found the space wolf

But the longest range Nova is 9" so it would only be 18".

I've seen a million and one pictures of every Custodes thing except what looks like a new pattern of the Custodes Dreadnought in the background of nearly every single one of those pictures. Does anyone have a picture of that Dreadnought? Looks like the current one with a halberd instead of sword.

Easily, Horus can't hit him to get Disabling Strike off before Russ pounds him into the ground extremely slowly.

I never had much respect for Russ, but I've lost it all when it turns out the only reason he was any good is because someone made him armour that is spectacularly OP, his stats and other rules are barely above Primarch base.
At least Scoria makes his own damn gadgets.

Neither, lascannons are over priced, and assult cannons are better than autocannons

And here I was just looking at my list and wondering if a Vigilator to attach to the superscouts would be an idea...

In both directions.

Coming from each side of the base, so the doombubble is 36" diameter.

Ok that makes since then. The way they were writing it made it sound like it was 36" in every direction.

It's the current one except with a halberd instead of a sword.

So, Custodes. Opinions?
I am still pretty unhappy with guardian spears being super-meh, but everything elso looks fun.

Alright, but is there a picture of it? I can't seem to find one.

Stepping away from Inferno news for a moment, anyone interested in some vidya news?

youtube.com/watch?v=gJIJ5jfhH6E

tl;dw there's a vidya gaem about the battle of Tallern coming, hex- and turn-based, like that Armageddon one a little while back.

I like them a lot.

>Shield Captains get a rerollable 3++ and 5 S6 AP2 attacks that cause instant death on a 6 to wound and another attack on a 6 to hit
>Upgrade them for 25 points to give them eternal warrior and the ability to pick a warlord trait
They're alright.

So how do SoS fair against Magnus?

They're only 24" range, though. Is that enough?

Only rerollable in CC, I think. At range they're Archmagi, but can get EW.

EW Archmagos upgrade when? I'd be fine paying 30pts or so.

Since they apparently don't clear buffs(?) he can just go Biomancy and wreck them in combat.

But can I let my men be phosphexed and count how long it takes them to become a pile of ash

That purchase also provides fearless if I'm not mistaken. You would be stupid not to grab those for that price

Any Sisters rules?

Yes, especially if you use a pod.
remember the dread can move and shoot, so its threat range of 30"

can only be taken in a 2k+ point detainment, so its no good for allied deatchment

yeah
imgur.com/a/emdin/

Thank you.

They can't take dedicated pods, so is it worth using my claw on it if it's not going to be assaulting?

Custards are so expensive that I don't think it would be hard to fit 2k in an allied detachment.

ahh fair. usually i just footslog them, they re pretty good

>Emperor's Executioner's Executioner.
I like that title a lot

>hilarious levels of power creep HOLY FUCK FW... sell those models !
This. We've clearly gone too far, but let's keep going and see how far we can get.

I expect Sanguinius to have a D sword now. It's your fault FW

That's so fucking gay. Russ himself said he couldn't beat Horus.

So foot slogging with the assault cannons is still good with the range? That makes things easier because I can snag another Calth cannon for cheap.

>mfw a week ago people criticized my Sanguinius for having a guaranteed charge turn 1 if you used Day of Revelation
WHOSE LAUGHING NOW!

Forgeworld, all the way to the bank.

>Batman ignores saves on a 6 from his batarangs
>Magnus deletes armies on a 6 from his powers

In regards to what?
The Custodes that are incredibly expensive?
The walkers that can be deleted with their points equivalent in shooting?
The primarches that STILL don't surpass Horus?

>36" bubble of ~7 D hits per model on deepstrike

Well, now he can properly fill up his business card.
Now he is Archmagos Dominus Anacharis Scoria, The Xanophane Tyrant, the Fallen Master, Lord of the Nine Cohorts, The Apostate Magister, and the Emperor's Executioner's Executioner.

I suspect he'll die to Sangy when he shows up, but that's about it. Going to be WAY cheaper than the Angel, anyway.

Yep. Haven't run the exact maths yet since Horus is fiddly to math out, maybe I'll do them in a bit, but the outcome seems pretty clear on the preliminaries. Horus scores 0.75 unsaved wounds R1, half that round 2 and Disabling Strike might not make up for it. It's close, I think.

Will do more concrete maths once I've had lunch. Personally I think the win goes to whatever Magos made that armour for him.

anyone have the mechanicum Karaktos assault tank rules

they're not in the imgur

Horus gets his shit slapped in melee by Russ and gets his shit magick'd to death by Magnus who can make any witchfire S:D.

To make it clear, the ONLY character who can be expected to have a decent chance of beating Russ in melee is Scoria, and even then it's only just over a 50% chance.

Lovely sculpt, lame pose on the rider, sitting in a relaxed position with a limply held lance.

Also the bike seems just a fraction front heavy to me? Could do with the seat being squeezed just a mite forwards.

What about the named special character, Taintedlevy B(l)ob?

How would Magnus with Iron Hand, Endurance, Warp Speed and Enfeeble fair against Hours?

It took HOW long for them to make a primarch that could take Horus in a fight?
>can be possibly S:D if the dice gods favor you

I like the dickbikes better.

>it's D at average
>even if it's S8/9/10 your vehicles will melt anyway due to that 2d6
>it's only WC3 and he can fire four more spells

Fucked if I know, but Magnus isn't really a melee lord, he's all about zapping punks. Not to say he's terrible in melee but he's not like the melee Primarchs with their 50 special rules which can be summarised by "Lol, ur ded".

Best bet would be to get Iron arm and invisibility on him and laugh as Horus flails around doing fuck all.

>It took HOW long for them to make a primarch that could take Horus in a fight?
Last time I checked, Russ didn't want to take on Horus, and then the Wolf Cull happened to Mr. Jobber of the sword of D3 wounding and reverse exothermic armour

I wanted realistic scenario(i.e him getting powers from Biomancy), although even then he could throw 4 AP2 D shoots with Smite.

Average roll on 2d6 is 7, which means anything over S:3 will reliably be S:D

Wait FOUR D shots?!
That's as much as a fucking Warhound titan

>WC3 36" S4+2d6 AP2 Assault 4
>At average of 7 id't S D
>This is a fucking Primaris
>Oh it also Ignores Cover and doesn't need LoS unlike that loser Warhound

Welcome to Magnus "lmao 495pts" the Red.

Could you post Magnus' rules?

A Warhound fires Blasts and isn't reliant on harnessing 3 WC on a 3+. Not to say that Magnus isn't absurd.

Russ' rule is if you're in base contact. You can just use your bodyguards to not touch Russ base and bash his face in.

Forgot to add that Magnus also hits on 2+ because fuck you and everything you stand for
>Sunburst
>18" Nova, 24+2d6 AP4 2d6
>At average every unit in 36" where Magnus deepstriked eats 7D hits, which wrecks every vehicle and anything with armor save worse than 3
>Oh yeah, did we mention that with enough WC he can fire five witchfires per turn?

>Russ challenges you
What now?

New weapon on Psi-Titan is:

120" range apoc mega blast
S:D/X/X (Inner circle is vortex, middle is fleshbane, outer is poison 4+)
Pinning,concussive,ignores cover.

And that's just it's left arm, the other is a volcano cannon

>Outta my way Primarch fucking shits, I'm god in stompy form.

Pretty Sure you don't have to be in base to base contact for a challenge anymore right?

That is fiddly thanks to his armour affecting models in base contact. How many conscripts can hold hands around a Primarch again?

He only has 6 attacks, and has to hit models in base contact, so he'll kill the levies that were not doing damage anyway. They should be able to take him down, but it'll take forever. That's probably going to be my answer, since I want to ally some Cult Horde/TF levies to my DarkMech anyway just to have a nice bulky front line and run off boring deathstars.

Magnus is just stupid and is probably the most powerful model in the game, possibly barring the Psi-Titan.

There's no way the SW player won't be issuing challenges with Russ.

Rules say you move them into base to base contact, including saying that a challenger can be swapped for a friendly model (so you can't block them off). Really, you need a unit of Chosen Warriors to take it in turns getting flattened in the challenge while your character stands at the back for this to work.

Only a certain amount of them could hit him at any one time as you have to be within 3" of a model in B2B, it's not like you could have a gigablob all hitting him.

But yeah, a super blob that has no hope of reaching him in one piece could pit him for eternity

Where are you getting 36" range? It only doubles the range.

Yes, but Russ does have an army of Wolves at his back.

Meant to say "in 36" bubble where Magnus deepstriked". It's 18" all around him.

>Completely remove the mind raep rule
Does this fix the crimson king?

>still literally invincible with Invis up

At least he can't shoot more units off table than an entire Tau gunline anymore.

Yeah, and with R1 pile-in and a decent charge you might have 25 in punch range and 10 or so in base contact and made useless.

They're not likely to actually work well, since they won't be reaching him mostly intact, but they make an excellent deterrent.

>How many models is that?
>100, the cost me less than one big tac squad, and they're all Fearless.

>WTF?
>Yeah, and enjoy Hatred and Rending, too.

Cue the SW player struggling to get 100 models off the board when his troops lack FoTL and would take significant casualties pushing a path through in melee.

I don't suppose they included anything for the Dark Angels in the newest book ?

I remember when Lorgar had that, too, and it got nerfed into the ground.

Upcoming Primarch books:

Lorgar - Gav Thorpe
Fulgrim - Josh Reynolds

Ah, ok. Yea, 36" diameter.

Pyromancy seems like the best choice for him. The Nova is retarded, the focussed Witchfire will kill a squad, and the rest are still good, like the beam and template.

Hell, Telekinesis isn't bad. You get a nova, plus you get a fuckhuge beam.

would people mind submitting any notes you have found in Inferno
eg
TS tartar termies can pick +1 invul to be as durable as cataphracti but still have sweeping advance

It's Russ' mindset that makes him the most suitable for primarch killing.
Hacked wargear isn't that uncommon - Horus wouldn't be as strong if it weren't for his weapons and armour too.
That said, I dislike both the Wolves and Russ the most among all, but I'd love to run him to collect primarch heads.