Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Roboute Rebellion edition

>Previous thread
>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=4cA_VKgWzSQ

> 40k reference in wiki format
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR, IF YOU ASK FOR IT, PLEASE FUCKING KILL YOURSELF
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Can someone get Gulliman to get us a new copy of the codex astartes, Farsight refuses to return our only copy)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/dbR41
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Vect

The Ultramarines will save us all

He is going to make SUCH a good Chaos Space Marine Lord or Daemon Prince.

Sup Veeky Forums. Let's have some bingo.

Anything from FW weekender that isnt horus heresy?

What in the fuck did you just fucking say cunt?

Chaos is going into the shitter now, friend. It's the time of the Eldar and Imperium now.

You have become irrelevant. Expect more like Lion, Dorn, Corax, Khan, and Russ joining soon.

Remember Ynnead leaks
imgur.com/a/dbR41

scrolling through the tau codex i have noticed that they have TONNES of ap4 weapons. aside from other fire warriors or veteran guardsmen what other army uses lots of 4+ armor saves on their units? i dont have a huge knowledge of other armies apart from basics

replace all the squares with discussion about the new ribroast gorillaman model

Space Marine Scouts only have a 4+.

Reposting since we apparently migrated.
So when Cypher comes out in March you won't be able to buy the old model just like with Ahriman, right? Or will they wait until they release the models separately, as my local GW dude said they'd do with Cawl/Greyfax/Celestine?
When is the next lot of Made to Order coming out?

do space marine players ever take scouts? every battle report ive watched theyre absent.

>I play ultramarines because they are the most pure and enlightened of all the Astartes

I take them in my more fluff oriented lists. Some people use them to take the smallest amount of troops you can, in order to spend more points elsewhere.

>tau
>guard
>renegades
>d/eldar, harlequins (varying amounts, avg. armor strength goes eldar>dark>harlies)
>daemons don't really have armor
>Skitarii
>Orks
>Necrons
>Nids
>GSC
>Scions and Inquisition

I think that covers it.

Pretty much, anybody that's not Marines, and even marines sometimes if they're using Scouts.

Skitarii has a lot of 4+. Cult Mechanicus also has kataphron destroyes with 4+.

>When is the next lot of Made to Order coming out?
Why bother with made to order? He's metal, and not exactly hard to find on ebay.

Especially since they inexplicably gave his armor Tzeentch detailing.

I'm serious. I'll strap a few more bolters on his gauntlet, add some skulls and spikes, and remove the loyalist iconography. Instant success.

I'm likely super retarded but.

If characters in an army with Belisarius that can take Relics, have access to Arcana Mechanicum,

And if a Cadia Detachment gives Pask access to a Relic (Kabe's Herald)

Could Pask potentially take any of the Arcana Mechanicum, like Memento Morispex or Omnissiah's Grace?

You may be mistaken. The MTO question is unrelated to Cypher, I've gotten some nice stuff each time it swings around and I was thinking about nabbing Cypher at the same time as well.

>20x3 Scatter laser Windriders with Soulburst.
>Kill one and eat 24 S6 shots.

You can only ever have one relic on a character.

oh, my bad

I'm not sure when it is, though I think the next batch is for old warhammer fantasy models. That's the one they were taking suggestions for a month or so back.

>aside from other fire warriors or veteran guardsmen what other army uses lots of 4+ armor saves on their units?

In addition to what others have said, giving a weapon AP4 puts it in the tactical niche where it can ignore the armor of GEQ's and weaker, while still not penetrating the 3+ armor of MEQ's. This makes them very good at hunting low-save infantry, but still "ineffective" at dealing with Space Marines and their equivalents.

Yes.

Yes? I'm asking if the Cadian Detachment, making Pask a character eligible for a Relic, allows him access to The Arcana Mechanicum Relics.

>mold lines everywhere

FW's are still real good at slapping MEQ. All those S5 shots with Markerlight and Fireblade support = a lot of saves to pass.

Oh, my bad. I figured Pask was already a character to begin with.

Wait, do they not have battle focus? That's odd

I see one on a plasma gun but not anywhere else.

Of course not. Thats for disciplened CWE.

ty for replies, good to know what sort of armies using ap4 is good for.

that being said, are vespids as good as they look? s5ap3 shots would give tonnes of trouble to MEQs and markerlights can mean they basically get no saves whatsoever in some situations. admittedly the vespids are kindof expensive for what they are and they only get one shot each so without markerlights theyd suffer.

Yup. all my shit is like that.

He is, but in the IG codex, not all characters have access to relics. Only Lord Commissar, and Company Commander.

I'm new and I've never seen Dark Eldar played, so I assumed they'd have it too since they're Eldar. Huh, maybe they won't be as fucked up as CWE

That was my plan if I could get my hands on the box. There's basically one thing I want from each triumverate, so trying to split is a pain.

I've been out of the loop a while, looking to get back in.

I mostly want to use Space Marines to do the heavy lifting, since I prefer using the iconic unit for each race. Tacs in Rhinos and drop combi-melta Sternguard were the big deal when I last played - how meta-fucked is this concept by now?

Thanks guys, Just got my Table playable last week, and my GSC friend is going to rape me on it today.

Still needs a lot of work, but I've been itching to play for a while.

Hope you have extra lube ready for your ass

Can GSC still assault T1 if they roll a six on the ambush table even with FAQ?

Yes

Tau and Astra Militarum don't have a limit imposed by their codex.

Stormlance Battle Company, Pinion Battle Company and normal Battle Company formations all make tacs useful (stormlance probably being the best for straight buffs to them).

Sternguard are expensive for what they do, and Deathwatch do it better anyways.

It also depends a lot on your LOCAL meta, what people bring, etc.

If you have plentiful markerlights, they could be pretty good. Not as good as suits, but fun.

Pre-order'd the Reborn Warhost Detachment today.

Hope I get a Jes Goodwin print.

Vespids are in a weird place. They're kind of trying to be assault units in an army that can't really support that.

So what's the over-under on Ynnari being broken to shit like CWE?

What a mishmash of shitty units. Soulburst doesnt even work on vehicles.

are there any mirrors for the new white dwarf from february?

Buy it, it's not expensive.

is it better to go quality or quantity for crisis suits? you can easily spend like 120 points on a single suit if you want or you can go barebones and spend ~40 per so i am curious as to how well they perform either way.

Pask is a character, yes. Pask does not normally have access to purchasable Heirlooms.

Tanks, which they are attached to, also do not normally have the option to purchase Heirlooms.

The Cadian Detachment gives Tank Commanders access to Kabe's Herald, but Knight Commander Pask is not a standard Tank Commander and therefore doesn't have access to Kabe's Herald.

Access exclusively to Kabe's Herald does allow normal access to the Heirlooms wargear list.

So no, Pask can't take Cawl's Arcana Mechanicoon.

What materials did you use for that? Looks sick senpai

Veeky Forums isnt Veeky Forums anymore. why do you care for someone who wants to download the white dwarf just give me a mirror

Eh, I like em.

No, buy it. It's good. Stop being so cheap.

If you care that much about it and no one is willing to give you a mirror go find one yourself

Oh wow, I forgot about the silly detachment concept

Thanks user

Repostan. When are these going to be released?

i just bought a deathwatch army for 230 euro i can at least expect a mirror from you guys its not like im a pirate or something

Ah, you made the classic mistake of expecting anything from Veeky Forums.

Is it hard spoilering forum to avoid autistic theories morally wrong?

Just bought the traitor legions supplement, and looking at the restrictions dor the detachments it looked a bit harsh, the fact I have to use the Chaos Warband as a basis limits a lot imo, is there some new cool people use to play that comes from this supplement ? Hounds of abbadon + cyclopia seems neat, but as I'm playing lots of bikes in my army I was wondering about night lords, though the terminator tax + no marks restrictions look harsh, I like my bikes with some pop khorne on it...
Has any of my fellow salty chaos marines players found some way of doing great shit out of this supplement ? Also, thoughts on thousand sons/thousand sons sorcery formations pros/cons ?

Should've bought your WD at the same time then, shouldn't you?

thought so. Shit.

Anything Specific?

The Buildings are MDF from Miniduels.

So they're ending 40k

I just got into 40k

it's not fair

Only if you don't provide solid evidence.

What are they?

Nah they're not ending it. They're just changing up the story a bit and adding more characters.

Why show the older paint jobs on the store page when superior pieces are available to GW in studio?

Forgeworld's releases right ?

Tyrant Siege Terminators, Iron Warriors special unit. Horus Heresy stuff

>They don't ship to UK

Damn. Shouldn't be too hard to simulate with MDF though, what are they mounted on?

No, it's not ending.
Literally everyone with a shred of insight (GW, leaks, rumormongerers, etc.) have said it isn't ending.

are tau pirahnas basically disposable fusion blasters? theres pretty much no situation where i can see them lasting more than one turn of enemy shooting so youd have to rush them towards their vehicles and get those shots off and pray you at least shave off a hull point of maybe get a decent penetration roll.

I hate Perturabo's guts but those models look sweet, when will they released ?

their website just lists US as their shipping. I live in Canada. had to Message them on their website for a quote on shipping, and ordered via paypal.

So next new minis will be chaos. Whose turn is it afterwards?

>So next new minis will be chaos. Whose turn is it afterwards?

Not so fast, Abaddon.

Take a guess.

>canada
move to the GTA and let me play on your table

S8 AP1 is enough to guarantee a pen on most side/back armor, and the Piranha is pretty much the only Tau fast skimmer. Their role is normally to harass and do as much damage as they can before they inevitably die, much like Stealth Suits.

But most people use Piranhas for the Firesteam Wing / Drone-Net cheese.

I live in the GTA.

Georgetown specifically.

>implying it won't be Aun'va reborn, Commander Farshadowsightsun (The secret lovechild of Farsight and Shadowsun) and THE BATTLESUIT THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!

No shit? Hamilton here, finally shaking the dust off and playing games again.

What's the scene like in that area?

I use one in my force for a cheap Seeker Missile platform that comes with two free drones and might shoot a fusion blaster at something. They can last a bit longer if you get a disruption pod and jink, but they're effectively 16 points if you factor in the 24 for 2 drones.

I've seen Drone Factory cheese once. Most people play Piranha like Piranha.

I may have to do that in a month or so, the 50 dollar pack of ruins would be a nice starting point for my table

No Idea. I know a local hobby store just started a small introduction tourney, but I haven't really gone to explore it much.

Went to watch a casual match once. Watched a Deathguard player absolutely rape a new ork player the 1 time I watched Haven't gone back since. I normally stick to my group of friends which is roughly 7 or so people, but I'm always looking to expand if possible.

we have:
>GCS/Nids
>2x Guard
>Eldar
>Sisters
>2x Space Marines
>Orks

Most of them are newer players, some of us (including me), are returning from 4th.

> I hate Perturabo's guts

You underestimate the power of scouts.
They can't take grav (won't matter after 8th edition), but a good mix of shotgun squads, maybe some CCW ones and a few snipers brings so many bodies to the table most armies can't get rid of them.

>I hate Perturabo's guts
Decimate Yourself!

Scout Sergeants can take a Combi-grav. But pretty much the only reason anyone would ever take scouts is if they're running Raptors, since raptors tactics allow scouts to threaten anything in the game with rending bolters.

>petulant manchild

So what did Chaos get in their campaign story arc that isn't a massive dick being shoved up their arse?