Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

The Family that Adventures Together Edition!
Have you ever played as a sibling or other blood relative of another PC? Did you find it enhanced the experience? Would you do it again? If you haven't done so, would you like to try one day?

>HELPFUL TIP: If you want to ask for advice or information on a build or character, explain what sources (1st and 3rd-party) are allowed and if you already have a theme or concept in mind.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1FxyQ98xHryv8BS23EN-WqAEou3DoJWlQdw4U6eOFLjw/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/15Hl4iSN5el-ohN9paOuf_1TszJK9_srUXZFxj-HMpz8/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1qdpAD6J37KQFPHSZq4v0PUHsqRZBm4FTxVCMutFCFtI/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1g3-Htf7HYQn6E3_BluPpZAtv3MPMUG3131P1N5L2dwU/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1NW98K-_vTEnS5ELs6UEZgu2WyMX0-hwrfEoMKGdUXlE/edit?usp=drivesdk
docs.google.com/document/d/1U85TQ-_b_anKdM2O9AzRv0XPxvZTZA9y9w_4GgrAzf0/edit?usp=drivesdk
docs.google.com/document/d/1VXmJ-2sBdCT7W8gZ6uMYpT4nmVoaT3HBYa_5iyCqAUw/edit?usp=drivesdk
docs.google.com/document/d/1s5BDGbHbBVnoqLpgMAFAlyz2etbaRLcJouVraeJasRI/edit?usp=drivesdk
docs.google.com/document/d/1tuJxY3OGTYJq-KLnaTdOYg86ERBME7LR5JxdvFYmYXI/edit?usp=drivesdk
docs.google.com/document/d/1Vau7ZkjE-F3Tjy3sHxIPHbRHkCD_Lm_Un79dP9SAaTU/edit?usp=drivesdk
docs.google.com/document/d/1YbZaK9lW5eaw8xJ7kAOB2HbcA4ac1ypdcl_0nVu9D6s/edit?usp=drivesdk
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/68369/adventure-path-shattered-star
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That is a very happy 13 year old girl!

I have done way, way too many homebrew archetypes as it's something I do when I get bored. The most recent is the Pegaus Knight, a paladin archetype for flying mounted combat and purity. A rather strong 'Fuck spellcasters' sub-theme.

Pegasus Knight
docs.google.com/document/d/1FxyQ98xHryv8BS23EN-WqAEou3DoJWlQdw4U6eOFLjw/edit?usp=sharing

Phenomenal Prestidigitator (Spellburst savant archetype, charimsa-based stage magician)
docs.google.com/document/d/15Hl4iSN5el-ohN9paOuf_1TszJK9_srUXZFxj-HMpz8/edit?usp=sharing

Concecrafted Chorist (More supportive spellburst savant archtype with a musical theme)
docs.google.com/document/d/1qdpAD6J37KQFPHSZq4v0PUHsqRZBm4FTxVCMutFCFtI/edit?usp=sharing

Glorified Glossolalist (Divine spellburst savant archtype)
docs.google.com/document/d/1g3-Htf7HYQn6E3_BluPpZAtv3MPMUG3131P1N5L2dwU/edit?usp=sharing

All of them save the Phenomenal Prestidigitator are very much still in alpha, so feedback would be appreciated.

Of course she's happy! She's going on a adventure with her two pretty onee-chans! One that probably won't end with all three of them on their hands and knees in an orc rape dungeon! Probably...

reposting to ask again.

Pappa Asmo and Iomodae are getting hitched. As a result of the burocratic planar consolidation, you and your felloweextra planars are out if ajob and forced into mortal forms. Are you bad enough dudes to reenter the gates og heaven/hell?

Gotta get through those secret tunnels somehow. And they're simply not big enough to just walk through

New thread, new post. Work continues on my Bloodborne project that will hopefully be ready in time for halloween.

The Bloodborne Hunter
docs.google.com/document/d/1NW98K-_vTEnS5ELs6UEZgu2WyMX0-hwrfEoMKGdUXlE/edit?usp=drivesdk
Blood-Addled Hunter [Archetype]
docs.google.com/document/d/1U85TQ-_b_anKdM2O9AzRv0XPxvZTZA9y9w_4GgrAzf0/edit?usp=drivesdk
Charred Hunter [Archetype]
docs.google.com/document/d/1VXmJ-2sBdCT7W8gZ6uMYpT4nmVoaT3HBYa_5iyCqAUw/edit?usp=drivesdk
Church Hunter [Archetype]
Vileblood [Archetype]
docs.google.com/document/d/1s5BDGbHbBVnoqLpgMAFAlyz2etbaRLcJouVraeJasRI/edit?usp=drivesdk

Sample Hunter - Cainhurst Hunter
docs.google.com/document/d/1tuJxY3OGTYJq-KLnaTdOYg86ERBME7LR5JxdvFYmYXI/edit?usp=drivesdk

Sample Creature - Beast Patient
docs.google.com/document/d/1Vau7ZkjE-F3Tjy3sHxIPHbRHkCD_Lm_Un79dP9SAaTU/edit?usp=drivesdk

Feedback, questions, and comments are always welcome.

Trap: Reset user here

Do you guys like traps per day? Or max traps deployable?

Charred Hunter and Church Hunter are the same link.

Deployable.

Post this in the last thread got no response.

I your need help /pfg/

I'm still kind of new to Pathfinder and
never really used a magic user but I want to basically make Megumin.

So what would you suggest Wizard or Sorcerer and what spells would you suggest.

Welcome back to the War, user.

Deployable. I can play nearly any Paizo class if I want something made by people who can't think of anything other than x per day mechanics.

Neither.

Only being able to do one thing and knocking yourself unconscious to do it?

That's a Kineticist.

How does 1/4th level + int mod sound

Isn't it from that Japanese mobile game? Granblue or w/e? Do they even have orcs?

It never really ended.

Holy shit, you're alive? Nice to see you back.
Will look through all I can when I'm off of work.

you mean 100000 years old demon ?

I personally don't like the once a day avoid an attack it feels OP for me but I may be wrong about it.

If 1pp only, Sorcerer, or Kineticist if you want to kill yourself while blasting. If 3pp allowed, minmaxed Destruction Sphere Caster, or Spellburst Adept

>2016 Veeky Forums Winter Ball.jpg

Blasting is a time honored standard tactic for mages.

And it shouldn't be too hard to pick out spells.

Conjuration and Evocation contain most of the direct damage spells. In particular that old workhorse Fireball. For all your 40ft diameter area of flaming death needs. Which is 3rd level, meaning you'll need to hit lv5 to use it.

That said, blasting is suboptimal. Yeah, it throws out big numbers, but it doesn't do much to control the flow of battle. Which is where mages can really punch above their weight class.

But, for a starting place, it isn't the worst to learn the classes.

My mistake. Here is the correct link to the Charred Hunter:
docs.google.com/document/d/1YbZaK9lW5eaw8xJ7kAOB2HbcA4ac1ypdcl_0nVu9D6s/edit?usp=drivesdk

I can't say I agree, given that the Hunter has to rely heavily on light armor I wanted them to have a more reliable means of defense that also emulated the rolling and dodging from the game. I'm open to other view points however.

Poor anime girl
Only the dead have seen the end of war

Why are wide-brimmed conical hats the best?
And why are stetsons the coolest irl counterpart?

Reposting for new thread.

I'm trying to see how high I can take Strength modifier to damage on attacks, with 1pp + DSP + Jolly + Forrest + SoM/SoP. Here's what I've managed so far:

Use a one-hander that qualifies for Alternative Unarmed Training from SoM (just the Scizore afaik). This will matter later.
Take a level of Master of Many Styles Monk, you want Scarlet Throne Style and Dragon Style.
Take 3 levels of Two-Handed Fighter. Thanks to Scarlet Throne Style, you now add x2 Str mod to damage on attack actions with your one-hander.
Take 2 levels of Vigilante so you can take the Advanced Grip vigilante talent from Legendary Villgains - Vigilantes to add another 1/2 Str mod. Now x2.5 Str mod.
Remember Dragon Style? It doesn't do anything for us itself, but the followup feat Dragon Ferocity adds a constant 1/2 Str mod to unarmed attacks, bringing us to x3 Str mod damage.
Finally, get the Open Hand Sphere from SoM (free 1/2 BAB nonlethal damage) and then the Axe Kick talent, giving another 1/2 Str mod to damage on an attack action, full Str mod if target is prone. We finish at x3.5/4 Str mod damage on attack actions with a scizore, depending on if the target is prone or not.

Is there anything else I could get for more OVERMAXIMUM Strength to attack damage?

But does it happen before a roll or after? I would be okay with it if happened before a roll.

Its an immediate action so it happens whenever you take the immediate action. It's also only 5 ft of movement, which means it's not perfect. Someone can 5ft step after you, for example, or you may not be able to escape reach or an AoE.

Take this with a grain of salt because I haven't read the class yet, I don't think it would be an issue if it's only 1/day. You have to deal with a shitton of attacks each day.

DESU though it feels weird that one of the most frequently employed tactics of the Hunters (dodging like a mofo) is limited to 1/day. If it keeps that limitation, it certainly needs to be powerful, but I'd have to wonder if it wouldn't be better to weaken the ability and give more daily uses. Though, again, I haven't looked at the class. Maybe you can keep the power level the same and increase the daily uses if something else is weakened.

Take Martial Training I and II for Fool's Errand, then qualify into any PrC, after 4 levels of dip take Adv Study for Elemental Nimbus, adding 2x STR as fire damage?

I understand this is used to give hunters a bonus for being stuck with light armor.

And I am less worried now that I consider the amount of attacks a character should be a target of but I agree with a reduction of it's power and more uses would fit
a hunter more.

The ability as is I will agree now it is not as OP as I thought it was, it just feels annoying to me if a player goes "Was that a Crit? I dodge it.".

I forgot to say thanks for doing this I love the idea of a blood hunter in PF.

There are orcs and goblins. Used mainly as typical trash mobs.

Can you really do that with Martial Training that way?

If so, nice find, though it being fire damage instead of adding into the regular weapon damage Strength modifier makes it a little less good. Pretty sure there's some other stance that does something similar though, will have to check.

I've tried to emulate the hunters agility through multiple abilities rather than one major ability. The ability that is being referenced is Hunter's Grace, which gives the hunter an extre 5 foot step to work with every round. 1/day they can take an additional 5 ft step as an immediate action, possibly saving them from an attack. The latter ability gains additional uses per day over the hunters career, as well as another ability that allows thr hunter to counter attack after having moved out of the way.

You encounter a creature with the following description.

>From between vines and cracked porcelain of the dilapidated fountain a massive serpentine body pulls itself forward. Nearly forty feet of it are visible with the end of it topped with a human shaped skull the size of a beachball. The skull is smooth and featureless save for a gaping human mouth. The body is entirely covered in soft white fur. Two small three fingered hands work constantly, twiddling its thumbs as its teeth gnash. When it opens to speak it sounds like the clack of wood forming into speech.
>It asks "Why have you come here?"

The things you know about it are the following:
>inhabits the ruins of a city deep in the jungle
>builds strange little towers out of stone/tiles it takes from the old city
>the jungle is hostile and carnivorous (the plants themselves), but it seems to avoid the creature

What is your reaction? What CR do you expect the creature to be? What creature type? What do you think it is?

Ask questions and I'll answer. This is testing basically an encounter my players will have soon.

I'm glad you enjoy my work.

At the end of the day I'd say it's a strong ability, useful as a clutch save, but not an overpowered one. Like a more limited parry.

Sleeping Goddess picks today.

Right here's basically how i've got this working.

You have a maximum number of traps you can have made and ready to deploy at any time. Crafting a trap takes up a slot from that maximum, and when that maximum is hit no more traps can be crafted. It takes one minute to craft a trap.

The trap slot remains filled untill the trap is triggered, disassembled, destroyed or the trap is farther than 3 miles away from the maker.
If any of the above conditions are met, the slot is refunded and a new trap can be crafted.

Seems fair to me; by 20th level that's almost certainly only 8 or 9 traps out at once unless the class is Wizard-levels of INT-SAD.

Elemental Fire-blooded Ifrit Sorcerer with Intensify, Empower, and Maximize Spell as well as the "Mostly Human" racial trait.

Fuck the people who say it's sub-optimal.

What you could do is make it like the Swashbuckler's Dodging Panache.

Make it grant an AC bonus to the triggering attack, and then move 5ft.

It makes it fallible (Did you go through the game making every dodge?), which makes it okay to let it be usable a lot more often.

What's the Mostly Human trait for?

My reaction would be to be prepared to defend myself but not make sudden or hostile movements. I'd answer its question, and if possible try to resolve this encounter peacefully. I would expect this creature to be high CR relative to the party's current level, but that's based entirely on metagame logic and intuition. I would guess that the creature is a Magical Beast, or possibly an Outsider.

I can't tell you much more without actually knowing why I've come here in this scenario though.

Waifuing.

She's a reclusive musician and Swordmaster

So she looks less like an ifrit and more like a human - it only changes her type and languages, really, while giving her the bonuses of an ifirt.

Shilling for Shittered Star.
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/68369/adventure-path-shattered-star

Sarenrae and Asmo is a more believable match. Iomedae hates Evil. Sarenrae is a weak-willed "Redeemer."

I really enjoy how you made guns not a major focus it fits several more campaigns like that.

You didn't put a starting level in the char creation guide.We level 1 or level 16?

Considering you're not self-buffing, nor are you going with the Human traits or feats, that seems like just a downgrade.

People around here seem inclined towards starting at level 3.I assumed that people would made their characters at level 1 by default but now that I seen the results of a strawpool I am considering stating to start at level 3 for your enjoyment.

or a Wilder

You may need to up the starting gold appropriately.

I really hate how PF treats guns. The rules are a convaluted mess. Thats the reason I made sure the hunter wasn't married to firearms, because I didn't want to have to justify my own views on guns over and over to people.

The Charred Hunter wasn't even something I planned on doing but another guy I worked with kept pestering me about using a gatling gun so I did what I could. I'm still not looking forward to running a recruitment where people want to bother me with saying they think that the gatling gun is overpowered, or that the Charred Hunter should also have trick weapons, or whatever.

>probably won't end with all three of them on their hands and knees in an orc rape dungeon!
>Bestiary.jpg

All it does is make you treated as human blooded (meaning you can take human feats) and you don't start with ignan as a startign language, as well as allowing you to LOOK human, which Megumin does.

The little pyro.

>Drakainia.png

Level 1's quite painful, because it ensures that characters that are otherwise functional at 3rd (Unchained Rogues, Inquisitors, Vigilantes, Alchemists, Fighters) can't get what they need to work right; any 3/4ths-BAB character, for instance, can't get Power Attack or Furious Focus at 1st because they don't meet the prerequisites, spellcasters are hopelessly-limited on their slots, utility characters don't have the depth or width to actually DO utility, etc.

Sounds like some kind of druidic offshoot naga of some kind. The terrain's on its side and it's likely a CR+3. It's talking, and thus possibly open to negotiations, but is likely an impediment against the players of some sort, an obstacle rather than a source of help or information.

Those stone towers need a good scan; I'd suspect they have antipersonnel functions, but possibly debilitator effects rather than high-ex. Possible that's how it hunts for things, be wary of it trying to place itself among or behind them in some way.

The scenario is you and about 1200 other people (a mercenary company you are a part of) have been contracted to burn a hole through the sapient carnivorous jungle to strike at its core. You were contracted to do this to recover artifacts that supposedly exist at the core of the jungle. This creature is inhabiting a smaller city on your way to the ruins you have interest in. You're in a group of 50 are level 4-5 with other PCs (there are 4 pcs) and are scouting the jungle ahead of the main force. Most of the group are level 1-2.

Hey, PFG, maybe you can help me. I remember reading a 3rd party feat at some point that was basically an Item Creation Feat that instead of making magic items was for crossbreeding magical beasts, so you could spend like 2000gp to make a Chimerowlbear. Anyone able to point me to the right book?

....why not. So 3rd or 1st?

Besides she does have glowing red eyes.

>those poor aides to the little prince when they realize what he's mouthing off at

So the party has seen and interacted with the strange towers. From what they've figured out the towers are in a larger pattern, but they can't discern what the pattern means. They're non-magical and range from two to seven feet in height.

One of the party members guessed it was marking territory. Another guessed it had some kind of religious purpose for what ever was living there.

how long does this ap last?

(speaking from a 'player' point of view looking at it)

No no. While it's possible they're just its passtime, some kind of floortile solitaire, "it's not magic' can easily mean "it's not yet activated". A large formation on the ground is still just chalk dust until you're done...

And I, would say it's both. Just some massive, not currently magic-fueled formation/ritual spell, that's just been getting bigger and bigger because it's BORED.

Marking territory would mean there are many of ones like that one, and would not randomly be placed but rather would be at the edges or primary nodes of a territory. They also would not be all that big; needing only to be warning makers and often not in proximity to each-other.

Religious purposes is possible, but that actually reinforces the "it's just not powered yet" danger level.

>this is usually the point where someone in the party decides you're a goddamn idiot who's trying to think too much, smashes one to bits right in front of the damn creature, and sets off the fight, only to blame YOU when the thing focuses on it after he so blatantly pissed it off.

What are the best Golden Lion maneuvers for a level 3 character to take if I want to be a great help to a party of mostly-martials?

that level one boost is universally nice, especially if you have... what was it called again? Community Minded trait?

Everything else pretty much REQUIRES melees and many require for you to be in it too.

Golden Lion is pretty good stuff, but other than encouraging roar, how good is directly proportional to how much of the party is melee melee.

Warning Roar is always great for anyone.

So for the truth of the matter. The party is level 4-5 (one member is level 5). They are in a group of 50 mostly with level 1s.

The creature is CR 11 and a native outsider. The stone circles are in fact sort of a showing of OCD. The same thing with the constant hand movement and teeth gnashing. It obsessively will stack objects and make the little towers. It is in fact not one of a kind, but is nearing the final evolution of that kind of native outsider. Basically they change through the 7 chakra.

The creature is called a Kala and representative of the Third Eye Chakra. It is one step away from The Crown Chakra.

Creatures that have achieved the 6th chakra probably number in a few dozen in the entire world. Each of them going into seclusion to build monuments.

The "waiting to be powered" is partially correct. They build the monuments to puzzle out their own mind, and once they do they evolve into the next stage. For each Kala this is a different form of building. The only well known one is a continent away and creating a massive web in a section of slums in a metropolis the city has sectioned off as its territory.

Scratch that, I found it. Mega-Feats by Skortched Urf Studios

Is Slayer ACTUALLY a better Fighter than Fighter, even though it doesn't have heavy armor or Weapon Training? I understand it has the skill points the Fighter should have always had, but is it really better in pure combat?

The applications will be open until the date indicated as next game session.

I also modified the character creation guidelines specifying starting level and new amount of starting gold.

afaik, slayer offers better when it comes to killing targets, but not much of fighters niche specializations.

Fighter outperforms it in combat easily.

For nova damage it's better, because sneak attacks and Studied Foe add up very quickly. However, the Fighter bizarrely now has more options at its disposal, including the ability to hotswap enhancements on their weapon, Item Mastery feats, Weapon Mastery feats, and several archetypes still being better than anything else a Slayer could manage (Mutation Warrior and Eldritch Guardian come to mind).

is there a way to get you in a chat room to talk, I have a lot of little questions i would rather not spam here unless you think it would be for the best. I sent you a message.

Yes. The Ranger Combat feats it has access to (bearing in mind they have no prerequisites when chosen) and the Studied Target more than make up for the lack of weapon training. Add to that their studied target ability covers non combat stuff, and the number of skill points, and the ability to take Rogue Talents as well (including the must-have Trap Spotter) then yes, it really is better in every way.

I see.

Overall it's not bad, though don't be surprised if, uh, like says...

It wasn't a bad idea to run that through others too; one of the big issues we have sometimes as GMs is that with the entire picture/story in our minds, things can look like good clues/hooks that may not even qualify as dungeon-dressing to the party that's going in there blind.

>tfw goblin vivisectionist ends up being legit horrifying

No I did not draw this

disagree, fighter has it's niche,. but only that.

Before Advanced Weapon/Armor Training? Absolutely. Now, though? Fighter edges ahead slightly. If the fighter had a second good save and had actual skills/level, it would probably be /THE/ Fightan Man class it should have been to begin with.

Trap Spotter's the best rogue talent on that tiny-ass list you know.

alchemists
no sense of right and wrong

DHB's Unchained Fighter is basically that:
>bit more skills
>second good save
>skill based class feature
>a little more armor/weapon training
It's an actually well designed fighting man

Recall that they can use an AWT to get a pile more skill points.

Studied Target is only one +1/+1 above Weapon Training, remember.

Does Iomedae permit Pre-Marital Lovemaking?

Cheers senpai, I may apply.

It's not even lewd, it's just silly.

Can someone give me an idea of what somatic components would look like and how complex they would need to be that armor that people are expected to fight in would fuck with them?

I don't think she cares
As long as after fucking you slay some demons

We are you playing with teenagers, user?

I don't think any of the gods care about that sort of stuff.