Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Jocks vs. Nerds edition.

Golden Boy and Blank Girl sub-edition.

Weekender photos, my dad can beat up you dad, Custodes are broken, TS are broken, Russ is broken, FW courts with female market by making sex toys, IW get Tyrants and shocking are still bitter, and many other topics like this can be found at >INFERNO IMAGE PDFs:
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/emdin/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

HAIL SHAI-TAN MAGNUS THOUSAND SONS BEST EVER

First for fulgrim

KNEEL

Post this last thread.

Imperial knight.

Warhound Titan.

WD Angron+5 bloodthirster bodyguard.

One of these has to be able to reliably to kill him.

>tfw when you aren't Russ or Magnus

nth for Moritat and Destroyer fix when

not so perfect after all

CHOO CHOO

HERE COMES THE PAIN

I wonder if it still has the shock ram. All your weapons get blown off? I AM A WEAPON

Mechanicum new tank rules WHENNNN?!

Why do the sisters of silence and their melta-doggos have purity seals on them? This is earlier art, right?

>tfw FW probably not even going to bother making Alpharius or Dorn anymore
>New mode of operation is driving sales of new models with power creep

How do you feel knowing that the worst of 40k grognard waacfag will """"cleverly"""" play 7th aka our beloved 30k after the AoSification of 40k ?
Best marketing stun ever for GW, literraly driving millions of player out of 40k and into 30 to boost sales beyond anything they could imagine 5 years back.
I plan to invest in 40k 8th if the shitty player base shift to 30k.

Looking at the Castellax-Achea. It can take the special plasma cannon for a total cost of 150 pts.

Are single plasma cannons worth it for putting the hurt on Sv 2+ models?

AP4 mortar lol

>3++
>Re-Rollable
>EW
basically you need to put 45 ap 2 wounds on him, which is doable

Dorn is next on the list after Magnus, cool your tities boyo

I don't care what anyone says, I think the sisters are pretty cost effective for what you get. For all the excitement over the custodes tribune, I actually think pic related is a damn fine pick. Less than 100 points for a fighty character with AP2? Don't mind if I do.

Knowing that nobody reads the OP, I took the liberty of compiling all the rules photos into handy PDFs for your pleasure:

only if they roll 6 on the d table

*sigh* There were 'purity seals' in 30k, but were just called oaths of moment back then. Stop sperging out.

Knight. Knight does it, although it slightly struggles with all the powerfist hits. Even if he kills it, it's likely to explode in his face.

Keep 'em coming good man.

>Powercreep to drive sales
>New

where were you since 2001?

#notmyemperor

>AP4 mortar lol
as long as it's S5 or S6 it doesn't really matter. quad mortars were a staple of many lists long before they got access to phosphex, and still are in a lot of cases.

Alpharius doesn't deserve a model for all the memes. You have two guillimans. Alpharius and Omegon are already done.

Dorn deserves a nice model thought

Number of Scorias Sold: 0

Can you make them into 1 big PDF?

Whoops.

>Knight. Knight does it
doubt it 2bh, knight hits him on a 5+ and has to roll a 6 on the d table.

36, they only have 4 wounds.

nice, thanks for the info.

Says who ? Because the reports so far have been that Dorn and Alpharius haven't even been planned yet, its Magnus next and then they're gonna start on Angelus

I just pulled that from the battle bunnies blog, I'm not there. most of the pictures I've seen in these threads have been from there, actually.

Thanks user.

From the fucking weekender. Magnus is next as we got told already, and today FW said Dorn was at the top of the priority list.

Yeah, but statistically it will nail him in 3 rounds from Stomp, anyway. It is somewhat likely to die from S10 before then, but it will still serve up a nice D hit. Best option in a duel, unless you happen to have 3 Scoria's hanging around, and probably an extra one as a backup.

Seeing as his invuln is better than his armour, just spam wounds at him from whatever IMO. Got to be something that has decent strength and is spammable to that extent if we don't need any AP value at all.

>I'm loving the new Sons. It's looking to me like a Damocles is going to be almost mandatory when running the Magnus Guard RoW. Assuming your Praetor/sekhmet are going to be Raptora, what's the best loadout? I think Cataphractii for the 3++. Maelstrom seems good. Less need for Levitation with the Damocles but still might be the best 2nd power to get out of the DS please template me formation.
>please template me formation.

IT BEGINS

Is there anything I can do other that just died.

ANYTHING

20 Fist tac marines. Within 12", and with an ammo dump.

honestly a 20 man inductii blob could probably kill him. but if hes rolling with his murderposse theyd just kill the whole inductii unit first anyway.

pic related is the tribune btw, gg primarchs gg 30k, we age of cuckstode now.

You seem pretty mad user. Did you lose your precious chaos-election?

Can the tribune actually kill a primarch within a normal game, or is it another of those cases where they slap each other ineffectually until the game ends with them both still alive?

Night Lords, report in!

Don't know if I'll ever get these because I've already spent 30 euro on 3rd-party rocket launchers to magnetise on BaC cataphractii.
I suppose if they ever make a Havoc-Tyrant Rite of War, or if I feel the need to use regular termies alongside Tyrants, I might...

I honestly expected just a cyclone missile launcher pack, maybe a special version (a la Ultramarines breachers) for the Iron Warriors with special heads, not a whole new model.

That post gave me bitterness.

I was really surprised by these guys. I thought bolter custodes would be the most boring shit possible in a army of golden supermen, but they are actually pretty cool.

nah im not mad, im unironically going to buy $100 worth of sigmarines and cuckstodes, convert them, and stomp everybody in 30k :^).
>Can the tribune actually kill a primarch within a normal game
yes, easily. hes got 6 s10 attacks base.

If its just one guy, then hit him with 36 wounds, or 108 bolter hits.
easy right?

>tfw still better than Russ, if not Magnus at range.

MUH

>yes, easily. hes got 6 s10 attacks base.
Of which 3 hit, 2.5 wound, 1.25 go through invun (assuming 4++) and .333 come back.

But you knew that, and are clearly just baiting.

are you just pretending to be retarded? primarch fights always take like 6 rounds of combat, meaning yes, he could very easily kill a primarch during a game.

Lmao that thread was fantastic.

that's because those also function as AP2 destructor beams

>less than 1 wound per turn
>primarchs have 6 wound (on average)
Yeah m8 it's not happening in 6 turns.

I'll be frank. While I like the elegance of these vehicles, they don't really feel Custodes to me.
Not enough blinged-out bulk and such. Am i making sense?

Any pics of a painted SoS transport?

uhh yeah, it is. do you play the game? you know you fight in combat on BOTH players turns, right? theres 12 combat phases in the game.

he could get stuck in with a primarch on turn 3, and probably kill them by turn 6 easy.

I have no idea how this will be statted, but it will probably be as unwieldy as any oversized dread.

Nope.

None, as far as I am aware.

I like it. Dreadknight done right.

It's all in the paintjob. Some of the ones at the weekender are a lot flashier than the stuff on the FW website. Mmm, that glossy red...

>those tiny grenade racks
>those awkward gun arms
>those cycling capacitators
Karacnos is cute. CUTE!

They just look so much like Eldar grav tanks, even down to the single embark ramp on the rear, the top side turret and two-pronged front.

Custodes are basically Wraithguard spam eldar but then more cheese, so makes sense.

And function as heavy bolters rather than actual bolters.

>tiny
rumour has it it's rad missiles kiddo
get ready for barrage 4 rad missiles

I wonder how these will compare to the new Scarab Occult terminators from 40k.

I need to know if it's one big twin-linked gun or two separate PotMS/independent turret rule guns. I'm hoping (and guessing) the latter, but you never know...

that thing is huge, too, by the way. a lot of people haven't actually seen a triaros in person, they're fucking monsters for a 135 point DT. I'm so glad they're using the chassis for a real fighting vehicle to give that bulk more bite.

And large blast and ignore cover as well ofcourse. Because it's mechanicum.

Or they're just sponsons like on just about every other tank.

I'll be ian. I don't think they'd look so good if they were as highly decorated as the custodes themselves, I like the more sleek, raygun gothic designs.

It speaks more to them being DAoT technology than just gaudy, tricked-out Legio vehicles. Personal choice though, I do get what you're saying, you'd kind of expect at least a couple of eagle-shaped hood ornaments on the thing.

They are way better. They got more wounds, assured powers, better weapon options and so on.

On the other hand, SOTs can try to nab Invis.

It's about time the humble bolter got some love to be honest.

Kinda want to nab them and put them on my elites. Maybe FW could make a master-crafted bolter weapons pack, hmm?

>108 bolter hits.
I gotchu fampai.

Very nice, but that wristblade will be converted into an actual kopesh asap.

wristblade is better imo

Needs the dreadknight sword hand and kitbash it

Does anyone know where to find those pics of 40k Rubrics and Scarabs painted as 30k KSons?

I actually meant in terms of visual design.

>Dorn deserves a nice model thought
No

heh... well played horus, but your heresy ends here for i have the 3++ rerollable. the age of horus has ended, MY age begins, the age of cuckstode!

honestly, non-fast tanks without machine spirit or some other rule for their sponson guns are pretty rare in 30k. even predators can buy PotMS if they want (or just take armoured breakthrough to make them Fast since that's way better). almost anything with more than one gun is either a flyer, a lord of war, has a machine spirit, or has a unique rule that make those guns act as independent turrets (like the Triaros or the Fire Raptor).

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just one big twin linked weapon system plus the rocket system, and machine spirit so you can split fire them and move while shooting both.

>Only Grey Slayer units may be taken as compulsory troop choices in any Space Wolves Detachment.
>ANY space wolves detachment
So, hang on, does this overrule rites of war? Does a space wolf pride of the legion or armoured breakthrough still have to take grey slayers as compulsory troops?

Yeah seems pretty good.

I also like how the normal Sisters have AP3 swords but on a 5-6 to hit it becomes AP2. Pretty neat, AP2 swords all the time is over the top imo.

If this is any help...

Rules are in Inferno according to the contents page, I'm surprised noones posted them yet anywhere.

yes and it sucks

>Horus Heresy

I swear to god, I'm gone for a while and they've pumped out like half dozen new ones. How is The Master of Mankind?

all the custodes + sisters rules (at least I think it's all of them, I can't find what a Misericordia does though): imgur.com/a/emdin/

the sisters dune-tank is interesting

My only demand is to give him a head with the muttonchops and a version without.

But I'd also be disappointed if they don't match this pose in coolness.

Lastly, it's a slim hope, but it would be great if they gave him some wargear options besides some old chainsword. Maybe a storm shield or a power *fist*?

How about a 10 Volkite Culverin and 5 Volkite Caliver.

Would that work.

No, that is only for RoWs that don't have other units as compulsory units.
Grey Slayers replace Tac squads, Assault and Breacher squads for compulsory troops in most RoWs

I hope.

>turret mounted array

Where is it?

I love that they set the capacity to 12 so you can take a full squad and a character.

But yeah, fast skimmer assault vehicle is pretty cool. And it's sneaky to boot. And actually fairly shooty. I likes it.

it's also worth noting that sisters get an assault vehicle but custodes do not. at least they have a way to deep strike their guys in now (shit, valdor even gives it to everyone for free if he's the warlord)

Misericordia, assuming it works like the Caestus' version, makes Bulky units only take one spot in a transport vehicle.

HH newfag here getting started with the BoP box. What weapons should I give to my tartaros terminators so that they may look cool but not useless in game? Could you rate this word bearer that I built for testing and give me some tips?

>Misericordia, assuming it works like the Caestus' version, makes Bulky units only take one spot in a transport vehicle.
Oh wow, if that's true that's actually very, VERY useful since the Custodes transport only seats twelve.